Fallen London

So... I recently discovered a quite interesting and fun text RPG, Fallen London. It's a bit like those choose-your-own adventure books, but without any cheap deaths. It's got a unique sort of aesthetic, which the creators call "Comic Horror."

Basic backstory is, in 1862 London was stolen below the earth by the Masters of the Echo Bazaar, though over the next 30 years, most of the inhabitants have gotten used to it. The mushroom wines are pretty good, and it's peaceful...

And then you show up.

I wanted to know if anyone else was playing here. There are a few social actions that are easier if you can invite a friend along. My character's name is Mathieu Psmith, if you want to send a calling card.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just about to make a thread for Fallen London, and then I noticed this one.

I recently started playing the game again after a few year's absence, with a new character, Ignatius Eastaughffe, and I need people to pass on boxed cats to and suchlike. I warn you though, since I've not been playing as him long, he's not very useful for high-levelled storylets.

I hope you'll not mind that I dropped you a calling card.

Archived