What kind of music you like?

Elssir

It interests me a lot.

I love rock and metal music.

Bands like Metallica, Kabat, Nirvana and I like Melodic dead metal. As Amon Amarth.

Well what about you guys?

:)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard rock and amazement! Stuff like KISS, Sabaton, Stratovarious, Shinedown...things like that. I dislike Rap very heavily though, I'm a metal head. Oh, can't forget The Cruxshadows, they are very good in my opinion.

I love indie music the best (Arctic Monkeys, Muford & Sons, Death Cab for Cutie, etc.), but I will listen to anything, really! My mom raised me to love all kinds of music, so my ipod can go from Beach Boys, to AC/DC, to Phantom of the Opera, to Kanye West, to Garth brooks, and a thousand others XD I guess it is a mood thing!

:Pinkie:

I love indie music the best (Arctic Monkeys, Muford & Sons, Death Cab for Cutie, etc.), but I will listen to anything, really! My mom raised me to love all kinds of music, so my ipod can go from Beach Boys, to AC/DC, to Phantom of the Opera, to Kanye West, to Garth brooks, and a thousand others XD I guess it is a mood thing!

:Pinkie:

I now love you even more when you mentioned AC/DC! *hugglesquishes you and noms your ear*

Yeah! KISS and AC/DC. Also in my top.

You're awesome guys.

*biggest hug for best friends*

And everyone who doesn't like rap is my brother. :)

. *Returns the hugs with earnest* Glad you see us that way, I would be glad to call you a best friend...and a brother.

It would be a honour for me. You both. Brother and sister. Forever.

*gives a group hug*

. Lol, thanks. *group hug* we should probably stop now before we completely derail this topic...

While I'm not schooled enough in musical genre to identify the exact difference, the majority of stuff I gravitate towards tends to be either rock, metal, or electronics--edgy stuff, you know, with a beat that just gets you energized and ready to do stuff. (It always seems to surprise people when they scroll through my playlist and find stuff like Bullet For My Valentine, the Prodigy, AWOL Nation, or Static X--apparently I come off as girly and sweet and generally NOT the type to listen to that stuff. XD)

I do also tend to listen to quite a few other things, excluding country, rap and classical. Movie/game soundtracks, new age, dance, some mainstream pop, and even a few YouTube pieces all manage to find their way onto my 'Tunes eventually. Basically I just listen to what I think sounds good or has great meaning for either me or one or two of my OCs.

While I'm not schooled enough in musical genre to identify the exact difference, the majority of stuff I gravitate towards tends to be either rock, metal, or electronics--edgy stuff, you know, with a beat that just gets you energized and ready to do stuff. (It always seems to surprise people when they scroll through my playlist and find stuff like Bullet For My Valentine, the Prodigy, AWOL Nation, or Static X--apparently I come off as girly and sweet and generally NOT the type to listen to that stuff. XD)

I do also tend to listen to quite a few other things, excluding country, rap and classical. Movie/game soundtracks, new age, dance, some mainstream pop, and even a few YouTube pieces all manage to find their way onto my 'Tunes eventually. Basically I just listen to what I think sounds good or has great meaning for either me or one or two of my OCs.

Looks like that you're open to all genres.

That's pretty cool. I really understand you.

. Lol, thanks. *group hug* we should probably stop now before we completely derail this topic...

It would be a honour for me. You both. Brother and sister. Forever.

*gives a group hug*

*SUPER HUGS* I LUV YOU BOTH!!!!!

Music that I like....? If we are talking genres... the answer is all.

Yes, all. I have found something in every genre that I like.

If the question is what genres do I gravitate to most?

Rock (most subgenres), Chiptunes, Jazz, Blues, Swing, Electroswing, Trance, Classical, Metal (most subgenre), Funk, and recently bluegrass.

Bands? Not even touching that... I'll be here all day.

Mostly classic rock, folk, indie, and country that isn't the processed pop stuff that's popular today.

I like most genres fine enough though. Only things I really struggle to get into is a lot of the electronic/dance type stuff and most metal.

Classic rock, heavy/hard rock, progressive rock, glam metal, some power/J metal, swing, big band, jazz, and bee bop. Yes, I'm quite the rocker. Kinda lost in the wrong generation, haha. ... Can't do classical...

... Bands?...

Triumph, The Doors, Ratt, Scorpions, Kansas, Van Halen, Boston, Supertramp, Queen, Journey, ELO, Def Lappard... A few songs from Motley Crue, Guns N' Roses, Galneryus, Helloween, and Diablo Swing Orchestra. As for Jazz: Fats Waller, Louis Jordan, Louis Armstrong, Louis Prima, Nat King Cole, Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, and all that stuff...

Well, as my username says, I listen to metal.

My all time favorite bands are In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and Scar Symmetry. I also listen to Lamb of God, Mastodon, Machine Head, Amon Amarth, DevilDriver, Soilwork, At The Gates, Solution .45, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Omnium Gatherum, Gojira, Mushroomhead, Mudvayne, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Nile, Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Testament, Sylosis, Celtic Frost, Woods of Ypres, Insomnium, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, the list goes on and that's only scratching the surface.

Aside from metal, I listen to a lot of grunge such as Alice in Chains, Nirvana and Soundgarden. I also listen to classic rock occasionally. I've even been opening up to rap lately, although I still heavily dislike pretty much any artist signed to Young Money.

I like a few country artist such as Johnny Cash and David Allen Coe, but beside that I loathe country music. Dubstep also sucks in my opinion. I also think 90% of the bands at Warped Tour are pitifully talentless.

Long story short, I listen mostly to metal. \m/

Well, as my username says, I listen to metal.

My all time favorite bands are In Flames, Dark Tranquillity and Scar Symmetry. I also listen to Lamb of God, Mastodon, Machine Head, Amon Amarth, DevilDriver, Soilwork, At The Gates, Solution .45, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Omnium Gatherum, Gojira, Mushroomhead, Mudvayne, Fleshgod Apocalypse, Nile, Dying Fetus, Cannibal Corpse, Testament, Sylosis, Celtic Frost, Woods of Ypres, Insomnium, Trivium, Killswitch Engage, the list goes on and that's only scratching the surface.

Aside from metal, I listen to a lot of grunge such as Alice in Chains, Nirvana and Soundgarden. I also listen to classic rock occasionally. I've even been opening up to rap lately, although I still heavily dislike pretty much any artist signed to Young Money.

I like a few country artist such as Johnny Cash and David Allen Coe, but beside that I loathe country music. Dubstep also sucks in my opinion. I also think 90% of the bands at Warped Tour are pitifully talentless.

Long story short, I listen mostly to metal. \m/

Awesome!!!

Amon Amarth? Man you're my person. :D

Metal is the best!!!

I had a chance to see Amon Amarth with Skeletonwitch in Atlanta back in January and I missed it. I cried like a little girl.

Well, not really, but I was quite bummed.

I had a chance to see Amon Amarth with Skeletonwitch in Atlanta back in January and I missed it. I cried like a little girl.

Well, not really, but I was quite bummed.

Well when they were in Prague I was at their concert.

Hehe. I'm a big fan. I have all albums (special editions)

I have two t-shirts, jacket, cup with their logo and cause I'm a viking fan it's suits to my helmet, armor etc. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I have a strange set of bands I listen to although the majority are in the metal genre:

Mastodon

Kvelertak

Gojira

Amon Amarth

Sabaton

Epica

And then there's:

Blackmore's Night

Apulanta

Maj Karma

Den Svenska Bjornstammen

I'll listen to pretty much anything with a good beat.

I adore almost all music depending on my mood. I don't believe there is ever a day in my life where I haven't had music, and yes, if I have to make it with my own vocal chords then so be it ;) Unfortunately, I may not have enough money to become a musician but all the same, it does not quell my desire and adoration of music.

Lately I've been favoring the dubstep mostly XD but that could be because of the subwoofers in my truck haha

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoy bands like Queen, Metallica, The Beatles, Wings (Sir Paul's band; Pau's solo stuff is pretty neat, too! :razz:), as well as Megadeth and Elton John, Manhattan Transfer, Billy Joel... Basically, thrash metal, classic rock, rock/pop, anything that isn't modern rock/pop or rap or country; I just can't really stand it. :blah:

I actually listen to anything but Heavy dubstep and K-pop. I have nothing against those genres, i just don't listen to them. The music i usually listen to is Japanese anime songs and what ever people ask me to listen to. My music folder on my computer had to be separated into so many folders that i probably got sick of organizing them :P

Archived