Winter [Ready]

zwintersize_zps091c8ad2.png

Roleplay Type Canterlot Chronicles

Name Winter

Sex Female

Age Doe

Species Peryton

Appearance An average height for a Peryton, she has a pure white coat with pink eyes and nose. Her hair is very short expect for the bangs, which cover one eye and sport a large cowlick atop her head.

Residence Canterlot

Occupation Traveling merchant

History

Winter grew up in Baltimare with her parents and older brother August. Her mother and father used to be traveling merchants, and would occasionally express interest in going back to their initial occupation once their children were older.

While Winter preferred to abide by the rules, August was persistently looking for ways to bypass restriction and get into trouble. Stress became second nature for her as she worried about August on a daily basis. But no matter how much she protested, there was no stopping him. Early on she resolved to keeping her thoughts her herself regarding his choices. Despite their conflicting personalities, they had a close relationship. In fact, Winter felt like she was the only one August really cared about.

Not long before they would reach adulthood, August threatened to leave out of anger but she never took his words seriously. Not until he vanished one mourning with his belongings missing. Winter was distraught, as were her parents. They searched and searched for over a year, but couldn't find him. At this point, Winter felt he wasn't coming back. She sometimes wondered if something happened to him, but tried to remain optimistic against all the odds.

Over a year after August disappeared, her parents decided it was time to become merchants again. Winter joined them as they set off into the land of Equestria. She grew fond of the new occupation. Transporting goods from one place to the other for profit was nice. While Winter didn't enjoy the sometimes daunting side of constant travel, she managed it well enough. Over time her abilities became proficient, and after saving up a decent amount of bits, she decided it was time to depart from her parents.

She set off on her own but kept in touch by means of writing letters to her parent's home base in Manehattan. To this day she makes a living off the profit of her trade goods while keeping a careful eye out for her brother. Her home is located in Canterlot but she rarely stays there for very long.

Character Summary

She's a rather cautious doe. Striving to avoid danger, conflict, and general unpleasantness by taking great measures to reduce every risk possible. She's easily startled and quick to suspicion, mapping out various self defense methods to keep herself out of harms way. Because of her lack of strength, she resorts to agility and wit to get out of trouble.

Winter discovered her magical ability at a young age. She could feel the emotions of others, and the stronger the emotion was, the easier it became to experience it. This level of understanding contributed to the tolerance she had for her brother. Her empathy allowed her to get along with other unlikely characters on multiple occasions as well.

She enjoys the company of others, especially if they're agreeable and calm. If she encounters anyone she finds obnoxious, she will attempt to understand and interact with them for some time. But lf it it becomes too much to handle, she'll try to politely excuse herself.

Winter can't stand seeing others go through pain or put themselves at a risk. This has lead to her "mothering" everyone, telling them to be careful and scolding them when they're careless. She also finds herself getting easily annoyed when things are disorganized and messy. Neatness and cleanliness are a valuable assist for her. She also dislikes close contact with others for fear of catching something from them.

Drinking and collecting tea is a favorite pass time for her. In fact, she has set a goal to try and collect every tea in Equestria one day. She also favors sandwiches and dislikes fruit, desserts, or anything sweet.

She enjoys reading fiction and easily gets immersed into a book, tearing up during emotionally heavy scenes, laughing, and on occasion shouting at the characters for being stupid.

Unicorn magic is a point of interest for her as it is far stronger than peryton magic. She finds the concept of spell casting intimidating but simple levitation would be a welcomed skill.

She may have wings, but her fear of heights prevents her from gliding unless she absolutely has to. Just watching pegasus wirl around in the sky gives her the willies so her wings remain folded safely to her sides,

Hi CaptainMcDerp!

Looking over this app, I like what I see! All of the required fields for this type of character are filled, and though this app is brief in places, I believe there is enough here for approval in CC!

Nicely done!

:D:D:D

Before I stamp, I just want to remind you of something important. According to our lore notes, perytons require antlers to do magic, like how unicorns use their horns. This'll mean that even females will need antlers, even if they're just tiny stubs. So yeah, just wanted to let you know, in case you feel a need to modify that artwork of yous. :)

Before I stamp, I just want to remind you of something important. According to our lore notes, perytons require antlers to do magic, like how unicorns use their horns. This'll mean that even females will need antlers, even if they're just tiny stubs. So yeah, just wanted to let you know, in case you feel a need to modify that artwork of yous. :)

Oooh that's good to know. I'll be adding some little stubs to her picture then. Thanks for the quick responses, guys. :D

Archived