Do you know what your name means?

Blueblood

Please Note: Don't post your real name here, I'm just curious if you've ever looked up to what it literally translates to. I kind of like how mine goes, "A gift of God, a conqueror from the mirey lands."

Mine apparently means "golden lily" or something else pretty. Now if only people could get the pronounciation right, and not turn it into a head parasite... :U

I do know what mine means, but it's common and obvious enough that people might be able to figure it out if I gave the meaning.

Somewhat fittingly though, the name formerly a part of my username, which some here still call me by, Phil, is short for Philip which has the literal meaning of "friend of horses". ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thinkbabynames definition of my name: as a girl's name has the meaning "who is like God?"

Urban dictionary definition:A girl that is extremely fine!!! She has gorgeous hair and is smart as shiznit!!! All the guys want her

Since when was I a fine girl that everyonelikes and stuff? XD

Well here's what the internet told me my name means:

Google: Oath of God or God is satisfaction (it's Greek even though I'm mostly Polish :D)

Urban Dictionary: The most amazing, beautiful, awesome, spectacular, gorgeous, cute, incredible, breathtakeing, wonderful, pretty, adorable, and most importantly cutifulazing girl ever. (Pssssssshhhhh the internet is a liar)

My name apparently (according to internet) is a derivative of the greek word for "Hunter", but I'm pretty sure in Thai it means something else entirely and positive that I don't know.

Do I hunt? Of course I do! I hunt Wargame miniatures, TRPG rulebooks and supplements, TCG cards, geeky/otaku-ish tier goods and T-shirts/jackets/stickers/etc, latest in electronics, Ponies, occasionally plushies...

I'll stop now. I'm probably doing the name injustice with what I hunt. My skill in hunting however, probably makes up for it :P

• 4 weeks later...

Lux is Latin for Light. I made that my name as it was short, interesting, and that that I believe that we all are a light to the world with our talents.

Well, the internet gave me this -

A beautiful female who is slightly goofy and really crazy in all areas of her life; never forgotten and always lovable.

And I was like, "ARE YOU STALKING ME INTERNET?! HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS CRAZY?!?!"

But thats pretty much the best statement to describe me... :P (I hope... XD)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please Note: Don't post your real name here, I'm just curious if you've ever looked up to what it literally translates to. I kind of like how mine goes, "A gift of God, a conqueror from the mirey lands."

What a coincidence. Mine means "Gift from God" too. We have more in common than we realized. How many more "Gifts from God" were in your elementary school? I was one of 7 in my class.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

English form of the Late Latin name Iacomus which was derived from Ιaκωbος (Iakobos), the New Testament Greek form of the Hebrew name Ya'aqov (see JACOB). This was the name of two apostles in the New Testament. The first was Saint James the Greater, the apostle John's brother, who was beheaded under Herod Agrippa in the Book of Acts. The second was James the Lesser, son of Alphaeus. Another James (known as James the Just) is also mentioned in the Bible as being the brother of Jesus.

Beheadings, brother of a influential fellow...