Do you know what your name means?

Blueblood

Huh, interesting thread. :)

After a quick Google search, apparently my name was derived from another really common name, which was derived from an ancient name and.... yeah I don't really know what it means. But apparently it was really common in the Middle Ages, and became the slang term for "man." ...I don't know whether to take that as a compliment or laugh because its a lie XD

JK stands for Jongleur Kid. I read some book about jongleurs-- traveling solo entertainers and the 471 thing, if you have a numpad on your keyboard, you'll see three numbers are pretty much only on the one side.

That's all for today, kiddos!

... Wait, we weren't talking about that? Oh... well... excuse me then...

My name is means a "feller" or "hewer."

Someone who strikes forcibly with an ax, sword, or other cutting instrument; chop; hack, for hewer.

Or sewing animal hide, for feller.

Hewing and sewing. lol

There are a lot of definitions of my name on Urban dictionary......... weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Celestia.  

Seriously.

My birth name=center of all things=the Sun=(little) fire

My nickname=Greek Goddess of War and Destruction, Graeae sister of Horror, Personification of War, Waster of Cities (legit equal in battle/better than Athena and Aries)

My online name:

Spoiler

Short Answer: It's my name, with Lyi being my nickname and Stertlings being my surname.  I have no idea where Queen fits in, but somehow, it does.

Long Answer: A million years ago (by exaggeration), I liked to play Neopets.  And just like now, I liked having hundreds (by exaggeration) of characters.  Now, when you like to have many characters, you run out of good name ideas (especially with the site going the whole "this name is already taken" thing for every legitimate name I had wanted); so...I began using my super awesome imagination and named my characters absurd names like "Zhprunfire" and "Leonardylicia" (if I spelled either of them correctly).  Now, I came across this amazing character: she was half horse, half seahorse.  I thought she was very beautiful and regal (I made her colour scheme purple and gold/yellow)-deserving of an equally royal, unique, and beautiful name.  Somehow, Lyipheoryia came about. 

Back then, every single account I had for everything had a different username and password.  The password part was okay, considering safety and such-the username part...not so much.  As per se, I had to click on the "I forgot my username" button quite commonly.  The next time I made another account, I thought...maybe I should use a name I already used, rather than pick a new username.  Lyipheoryia was the first that came to thought, just because how much I personally liked the same.  It represented me, unique, weird, eccentric and all (those area all words I have been described by my friends IRL).  From then on, every username henceforth was Lyipheoryia.

Now...there was a problem.  Named Google+.  When I first made an account, it rebutted my offer on simply Lyipheoryia, and required a last name.  I freaked.  Last name!  What last name?  So...I took a surname from characters in my then-favourite series (The 39 Clues): The Sterling Triplets.  And added a "t", because-originality.  Tada!  Face that-Google!

Stick with me, there's one more story involving my nickname.  There was another problem...every single time I logged on or typed my username/now online alias, there was a 25-50% chance I would spell it wrong.  And there was a 85% chance other people spelled it wrong.  I got quite frustrated after a little while, facing my misspelled name everywhere by me and others.  So, I cut up my name to simply be Lyi.  Simple, right?  No, not simple.  Lyipheoryia can be pronounced phonetically (lie-i-fee-ore-i-a), and so can Stertlings (st-er-t-ling-s).  Lyi, however, cannot.  Was it lie?  Was it lie-i?  Was it lee-i?  I settled on lee...which made people IRL wonder why I had to chose a Chinese last name.  Oh well...it's alright.

Queen came much, much later.  As you see, I like my avatar being Queen Galaxia, and Lyipheoryia itself is quite a regal name.  Lyi was weird-just because no one calls themselves by a Chinese surname.  So, I added Queen in front of it.  There, sounds nice again.  Which paved way to another problem...now, people though Queen was a title, rather than part of my name.  Meh.  That's alright-referring to me as "the most honourable Queen Lyi" is good, too :).  (Okay, I had typed out this last paragraph a while back for another thread-when my profile picture was the glorious Queen Galaxia now featured as a banner on my profile page.)

Heh, read this wrong! I thought this was for what a username meant! :P

My real name means "Supplanted" which means someone who succeeds or takes the place of another.

On May 26, 2014 at 8:38 PM, RarityDash said:

I do know what mine means, but it's common and obvious enough that people might be able to figure it out if I gave the meaning.

This.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

My given (legal) name is just a bible name that means "Held by the heel" whatever the buck that's supposed to mean.

But my chosen name means (does a quick google search) "pure" *holds back laughter* yeah. sure.

[edit] I just used the same name dictionary thingy I just used on my chosen name for my legal name and it came up with "God Protects". I suppose at least that makes more sense. lol