The Courageous Journey

As the morning light filtered into Dandilion's window, she blinked softly. The pink sunrise turned her white coat a dusky rose. She yawned and stumbled from her bed. Gently trotting down her steps from her bedroom, she walked into her kitchen to have a muffin for breakfast.

*knock knock knock*

She looked at the door, confused. She opened it, and standing before her was a member of the royal guard. He looked fierce, the symbol of Equestria emblazoned across his chest.

"Dandilion Enverhorn" He said around a scroll clamped between his jaws. She gently took the scroll from him with her magic. "You have been summoned by the high Princess Celestia for mission of great importance. Your instructions are listed within your scroll." And with that, he took to the air.

She unrolled the off-white parchment:

Dearest Dandilion,

I have asked you on this day to arrive at my courtyard at exactly 4 o' clock this after noon. You have been selected with others to embark on a perilous journey to the Isle of the Griffons. I understand this may be beyond your capabilities, but I believe in you, and your kingdom needs your help.

You have the choice to disregard this, but please come to my aid.

Thank you, and deepest regards,

Princess Celestia :Celest:

Dandilion's muffin fell to the floor. The princess... Needed her? Her face flushed. But why?

I must go! She thought. She galloped up the stairs and began to pack her saddle bag.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sky was sleeping in bed when he heard a knock on the door of his cloud home. He groaned wanting to just stay there asleep, with no disturbances, but the knocking continued. Sky yelled as he got up from bed. He had a bed mane, his hair was all messed up. As he opened the door he see's a Pegasus who just hands him a piece of parchment and fly's off. Sky reads it and once finished ran to the bathroom to get his mane fixed

((Good entry?))

The very second it hit six o'clock in the morning, Aegis's eyes snapped open. He was fully awake and alert for the day. Some habits died hard. Aegis had woken up every day at precisely this time, sleep permitting, since he entered Celestia's service over forty years ago. Not that he had anything to do with his day. The large earth pony clambered out of his overly comfortable bed and walked over to the window, looking at the sun for just a moment. He then looked down to the other early risers that wandered the streets, wondering how many were clocking in after a night of fun, and how many were just excited for the day ahead. One pony then caught his attention, one of the Celestial Guard was walking with purpose in the direction of his door.

Aegis reached the bottom of the stairs and swung the front door open just as the mare reached up to knock. He noted her rank in a heartbeat. "Sergeant!" he said with a salute. The mare looked at him confused for a moment, before saluting back. She must be new. She looked young. The older guard would have recognised him.

"You are Aegis Bulwark, yes?" she asked as she reached to a saddlebag she wore over her back and fished out a scroll.

Aegis took it from her with a nod. "Aye. I'm Aegis Bulwark. This from the Princess?" he asked.

"It is from Princess Celestia, yes. She has summoned you for a mission of great importance," The mare replied, once again looking put off that he was taking it so causally.

"Isn't it always?" he said with a private laugh. "Tell her I'll be there," he added before shutting the door before the mare could get out another word. Aegis unfurled the parchment and gave it a quick read through. "4 o' clock. Castle courtyard. Isle of Griffons. Kingdom needs help," he summarised before grinning broadly. This just made his week. He chucked to himself as he wandered off into his private armoury to prepare.

Stormchaser was just finishing up his nightly thunder cloud duties. Stormchaser being resisit to being hurt by lighting makes him great for the job he was heading home when he was apporch by a royal peagsus guard. He give stormchaser the same scolls then the guard left after he left stormchaser read the scolls after reading it he turn away from his house and went to the train station to get a ride to canterlot so his wings could get a rest

Pyro Blaze walked down the street with his guard armor on and a scroll floating next to him. He was supposed to deliver it to someone, apparently. Honestly, he hadn't really listened to what had been said. Where was he supposed to be going anyways?

He moved the message in front of his face to get a look at who it was addressed to. He froze mid-stride as he saw it was addressed to him. Opening it up, he found a message from Celestia, asking for help with a mission to the griffon kingdom. Well, that was unexpected. Not unwelcome, but unexpected. He simply teleported the rest of the way home after that, and began packing the things he would need on the journey.

"Celestia needs me, of course I'll help." Pyro said to himself as he continued packing.

Miryo had settled in Ponyville for a while now... She had her own reasons to be there. The unicorn had begun a new life there for a certain purpose and made herself comfortable around the place. She didn't go all around to make friends, but didn't seem to mind interacting with the others.

In this fine morning, her habits didn't change. She had woken up without the need of an alarm clock... Those things were annoying and noisy in the morning... Anyway the temporary job she had gotten herself in the town wasn't early in the morning. At least on this day she wasn't working so she could take it easy. Now sitting in her kitchen she had herself some cereals and was just filling her stomach like with any morning with any breakfast. Yet the look on her face at this moment, although no one could see it, was thoughtful. Thinking of something... wondering about when wou- *Knock knock knock*

She would be taken away from her thoughts as she heard the noise on her door. At the same time as these sounds occured, the unicorn had turned her head around to hear better. Leaving her bowl there with the spoon in, she walked her way to the entrance and opened the wooden door so she could see who wanted to see her. Making use of her magic she would grab the doorknob and pull to open. Right as she laid her eyes on the individual, this one was looking down at her. His look... so serious. The golden armor on his back showed that he wasn't just a random citizen, but a guard of the Princess of the sun.

''Miryo the unicorn!''

He called out strictly without giving any warning about it. Miryo jumped a little at the unexpected call, but quickly calmed herself back and looked at the guard while giving him a look of incertitude.

''Yeah?...''

She answered, not denying who she was. The guard opened a bag and pulled a scroll out of it with his mouth. He then presented the piece of paper to the unicorn. Immediately she would use her magic to grab it and unroll it so she could start to read.

''This is from Princess Celestia. You have been summoned to meet with her for a task of great importance.''

With that he would open his pegasus wings ready to take off.

''Be sure to be there.''

He'd say before taking off as his duty was now done. Miryo watched him go and once he was out of sight she closed the door and kept the scroll in her magical aura before she would now walk with it as she would read, heading back to the kitchen. The message wasn't all so big, but it summarized everything rather well... and it was from the princess herself too. Miryo wasn't so impressed, to be honest, but more surprised... She didn't have anything to say to all of this. She smirked... and she would say yes to the princess' request. She would be there... and would fulfill her duty.

Leaving the scroll there as well as her half-full bowl of cereal, she had no more time to lose. She headed into her room so she could pick up everything she needed, including her mantle as well as her weapon. Since it was going to be a perilous journey she would have to be fully prepared. Besides, she was seeing it be more than just a big journey.

Sapphire finished up her duty in Canterlot, the skies were now clear,the sun began to rise. "Night time," she muttered and flew back through the grand, golden doors to the palace. She flicked her mane back with a sigh and began to trot to her room, occasionally saying good morning to Celestia's own guards or good night to her own kind.

"A scroll? To me? I know I am one of the best fighters in Canterlot, but I am simply a guard of the night?" She asked herself as she removed her armour one by one and stretching out her blue fingers etched in her wings. "I will read it when I get up..." She muttered and collapsed upon her bed remembering to set an alarm for noon.

((Sorry... i just caught my bf of two years cheating, my mom kicked me out, and i have the flu... i will post, i am sorry...))

Dandilion got off the train at Canterlot and walked into the courtyard. Her heart fluttered at the beauty of the place. Two gaurds started twards her from the platform.

"Dandilion? Please come with us. Youare requested in Celestia's great hall."

She gulped and nodded, walking between the two gaurds. They entered the great hall, the doors high above her head. She noticed a collection of glowing flowers nearby, and her interest peaked.

Wow! Sunrise Saffrions!

Her hoofsteps echoed on the marble floors. The thrones of Luna and Celestia were empty.

"We ask that you wait here. Others are on their way."

(OML! I'm soo sorry I hope you are ok!!! How rough! If you need someone to talk to don't hesitate to ask!!!!!!!!!! :( )

Sapphire awoke to the sound of an alarm clock. "Oh crud! Note, letter, scroll thingy!" She said and opened it up. "Ok then I better go!" She muttered, with a stretch and new shiny armour. Along with weapons of all sorts, she flew into the hall.

"Hello there? I'm Sapphire Swirl, have you been sent too?" She asked with a smile and revealed her fangs. Her slightly curled mane resting perfectly.

Finally the train arrive for stormchaser he got on and after the train ride he arrive in canterlot he has been here a few times so he knows his way around so he made his way to the castle. He found a guard standing by the door and stormchaser told him about the letter he got then the guard told him to follow him and they made they way to the throne room where he saw another pony there looking at the flowers. "when the others get here then the pricness will great you" said the garud then he left. After he left stormchaser took to the sky looking at the stuff around the room he prefer to fly then walk ((i will also listen to you if you want somepony to talk to sometimes its best to just talk things out then letting them be bottle up inside of you))

Sapphire gave a nod at the other guards and looked at the pegasi. "Hello? Are you also here for Luna and Celestia's quest?" She asked, noting down that now three of them were here.

"Pegasus, Earth, Bat, we need an unicorn," she whispered with a concentrated look on her face.

Stormchaser was looking at a glass window related to prceness twilight when he heard somepony talking to him so he went to the ground and got close to the bat pony "why yes i belive i am i just got a letter from a royal guard member my name is stormchaser" said stormchaser

Dandilion nodded.

"I have no idea why we have been summond." She noted the bat pony. She had heard of them but never seen one. How wonderfully interesting!

She used her magic to pull out the scroll. "Did you recieve this same one?" She asked.

Sapphire nodded. "But of course, as a guard of Luna I believe it would be rightful in them to do so, your looking at the best fighter in Canterlot, my scroll is in my quarters," she said and looked at the window with a smile.

"I wonder if any other pony will be joining us?" She said to no pony in particular.

(Don't feel like you have to post, Sky Heart. If you need to stop this rp while you deal with real life problems, we'll all understand. Just say the word.)

The door at the end of the hall slammed open as a towering earth pony in full heavy plate armour marched in. His face was completely obscured by the grille on his knight's helmet, and he carried a huge shield on his back with the hilt of a sword sticking out. A small pony with a pair of guards was chasing after him. "Sir! Sir! Would you leave your weapons outside, please!" the much smaller unicorn pleaded.

The earth pony laughed to himself, before turning around and facing the unicorn. "I'm Aegis Bulwark, and I've been summoned here by Celestia. This is my shield, and my sword, Celestia knows I don't let them out of my sight while on mission. Check this," he said loudly as he threw the scroll at the unicorn.

The unicorn speed read the scroll before taking a step forwards and handing it back. "Ah, well, why didn't you say that at the entrance?"

The earth pony snorted loudly from inside his helmet. "Maybe you should have asked," he retorted. The unicorn shook his head and turned, leading the other two guards away and leaving the large armoured pony to finish the walk to join the other three who were all showing their scrolls. "I guess you guys are command this time around," he said as he looked them over, his gaze lingering on Dandilion. "Not exactly guard material," he mumbled to himself before cricking his neck. "So, what's the mission?"

Sapphire looked up and let out a smile. "Aegis!! Long time no see! You look just as healthy as before!" She said and laughed. She remembered being on a mission with him whilst she was training, he was also the one that helped train her.

"Unsure Sir, we are still awaiting for the Princesses and any other arrivals," she said with a nod and placed her helmet upon her head. She was a captain of the bat ponies so she knew what she was doing, however she always treated Aegis with the upmost respect.

Archived