The Courageous Journey

Aegis looked back at the pegasus first. He looked fast. Fast pegasi always came in handy. He nodded at what he said. "Right. Celestia still a no-show then I assume?" he replied. He turned back to the earth pony, then to the left where he saw a very familiar batpony who smiled and greeted him. "Celestia above, Is that you Sapphire? I haven't seen you since, well, since I worked here," he responded with a laugh from the depths of his helmet. Aegis had helped a lot with training up the more skilled guard for combat scenarios back when he had been in the Guard. He remembered Sapphire, how could he not? She had been fantastically skilled when it came to a fight. She would have been in his unit had Celestia not personally placed her with the batponies as their captain. "I'm not your superior any more, Sapphire. I'm just another Civvy. Well a civvy who also contracts to Celestia directly as a hero for hire." He laughed again, but it slowly soured into a cough which he quickly stifled. "Heh. It's nice of you to say so, but these bones are growing old. Only got a few more years of prime time I'm afraid. No need to fuss though, I'm definitely good for this."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sapphire gave a smile and trotted over. "Definitely the pony I could count on, but are you sure?" She asked, concern etched into her voice as she looks at him with deep eyes of fright. "Just don't die on me with no warning," she said with a smile and turned to the others. "How long do you ponies think?" She asked and sat underneath the Nightmare Moon window, it was the only one that had less light.

"To wait for the Princesses or more ponies that have been chosen," she said and shrugged making sure her sword was strapped and ready to go. "Plus you all are most likely going to have to gear up," she muttered as they hadn't looked like they have had any training.

Miryo had stopped in front of the castle. Looking up at the immense royal building, she would quickly scan it from under her hood and whistle. Well, she had been summoned here... better get moving. The giant door showing before her were guarded by two of those guards, obviously... And in her attires, the unicorn wasn't so... reassuring looking, to say the least. Her scythe on her back didn't help in easing anything. Nearing the doors, the two guards would block the way with their spears.

''Halt! What business do you have in Canterlot?''

Halting as they asked for, the unicorn looked at both of them and revealed her face. A scroll would come out of her bag with the help of her magic and she would unroll it to show the guards.

''I'm Miryo and the princess has summoned me for a mission! Now if you would just let me pass, please?''

She'd ask them with a light attitude and a smirk. The two guards took care of reading what was on the scroll... No doubt, this was written by Celestia herself. Looking back at the small unicorn in front of them, they'd nod and remove their spears.

''You may proceed, then... But you don't look very friendly with those on...''

One of them would make this remark. Miryo couldn't help but to laugh and resumed her walk to go inside of the castle. Eventually she would reach for the same room where everyone was. She had her hood back on and for every guard that had showed up to her, she had presented the scroll and explained her reason for being there... She laughed everytime they looked surprised just because of the look she had. Upon entering the throne room after she was told where it was, she would take a look around... there were other ponies in here. Four to be exact. They were all different one from another... Not guards from here, except maybe for this one if full armour and the bat pony, but then again this one if full armour looked different from the other guards. Oh well... Now was the time to walk in. In doing so she would come closer to the group and remove her hood once again to reveal her face and mane.

''Oi, minna!''

She'd call. Probably they wouldn't understand, but that didn't matter. Getting their attention was more than enough.

"Sapphire Swirl, that's another one," she said introducing herself and now counting her. "Welcome," she said and looked at her with a nod, grabbing a special file and sharpening her fangs. "Another unicorn, one bat, one earth, a pegasi, and also the other unicorn," she muttered under her breath, she flew over to the new pony and scanned her scythe. "Nice," she said.

Aegis nodded his helmeted head reassuringly. "There's no need to worry about me, Sapphire. I'm not going to just roll over if something tries to kill me. I can tell you right now that if I'm about to die the whole of Equestria is going to know about it," Aegis said with a hidden smirk. He was almost unstoppable in his heavy armour. He would take all they can dish and more. When she asked about Celestia, Aegis shrugged causing the plates of his armour to shift noisily. She'd take her jolly time like she always did. He knew she wouldn't appear until the last pony arrived. It was like she always waited for the perfect moment. Sapphire then made the point that the other two clearly weren't fighters. It was true, but the pegasus for sure had potential. Just needed some equipment. The next pony to arrive however seemed to have both.

Aegis turned with more heavy clanking as he heard the door open. A hooded pony walked up, then shook the hood off. A unicorn mare with a very big scythe. Aegis scoffed loudly. "So now we have a farmer in our midst," he said with a chuckle. He shook his head as he looked to Sapphire as she started to sharpen her fangs in the shadows cast by the Nightmare Moon window. "I'm sure the guard'll provide any equipment you need," he said to the others, then he looked back to the newcomer. "And a proper weapon for you, lass. Farming tools should stay in the shed."

"i may not have training like you two but there are centain things i can do that you two can't" said stormchaser then another unicorn enter after sapphire introduce herself stormchaser did the same "hello my name is stormchaser"

Sapphire returned to sharpening her fangs And smirked at Aegis's comment. "It's not that bad at least she can use one, plus she looks like she has experience," she smiled and put her file away, with a yawn she flew up into the crevices and hung upside down, wanting to get some sleep.

Obviously she had succeeded in getting their attention. Yet the first thing the guy in armor managed to say was that she was a farmer just because of her scythe. She'd look at it briefly before returning to him. Even the bat pony came to look at her weapon, saying it was nice. Ah... well they didn't seem to know much about it. Scythes were more than just farm tools. Especially this one... To Aegis' comments she would snicker at first before bursting in laughter as she raised a hoof near her chest..

''Baaaka! This isn't a farm scythe, but a battle scythe! Better revise your stuff, gramp!''

She'd answer to him, refering mostly to his voice for calling him such before taking the weapon off her back with magic for everyone to see.

''And a very special one that I made myself too!''

She'd add, making it swing around a little and spin before bringing it back on her back where she would release her magic. Looking once again at Aegis she'd snicker some more.

''Besides I don't farm! Don't like that stuff very much. I fit more to be a general!''

She'd say just like that, almost bragging about it too. She'd look once again at who was there in the place from left to right... Now counting herself into this, they were five.

''So!''

She'd begin to say, walking some more into the room, looking around at the glasses, the thrones and what not.

''I guess you guys are also part of the bunch for a special mission.''

Stopping herself, she'd turn around to face everypony still with that smirk of hers and standing high even for her seize considering she was smaller than the average..

''Name's Miryo!''

Sapphire rolled her eyes. "Stop bragging, " she muttered and opened her wings to re-wrap them around herself. The unicorn was directly below her as Sapphire began to look down. "I wouldn't call Aegis gramps if I were you," she laughed but closed her eyes.

Aegis scoffed at the notion of a battle scythe. This was those battle axes all over again. Just because you put battle in front of it, doesn't mean it stopped being a tool. Real weapons were made for combat. The sword, the spear, the bow. Weapons for killing. Also he didn't like the one she referred to him as gramps. "Show some respect, lass. I was keeping Equestria safe before you were in diapers," he said strictly. His tone changed a little as he saw her swing it. She handled it pretty well. He nodded his head slightly as Sapphire spoke up in her defence. She was right. "Just keep yer blasted scythe. At least you know how to use it."

When the newcomer commented that she was fit to be a general, Aegis laughed a little again. She was certainly excitable this one. Those were big aspirations, but maybe she had potential. "Then consider this a trial period. Sapphire here is a captain. Maybe if you make a splash you'll be going places. Same goes for you, Stormchaser, and you, lass." he said with a nod at Dandilion. Miryo then properly introduced herself, so Aegis nodded his head. "I'm Aegis Bulwark. Once Colonel Aegis Bulwark of Celestia's Guard, but time has a funny way of catching up to you. I'm technically retired, but Celestia calls me when she has a big problem like this. I'm not entirely sure why the rest of you are here though, except you, Sapphire," Aegis said as he looked over the others. "One thing's for sure though, something big is up."

Better not call him gramp? As if she'd listen just like that, really. Just because he was a retired guard and probably well experienced didn't give him the right to laugh at her for a weapon which wasn't used on the farm at all. At least this one wasn't... and its design made it all superior looking to any regular scythe. This one, black handle and a large blade with a few small jewels inlaid in it. Pretty shiny and sturdy looking, fit for battling. Besides she was a unicorn... her real talent wasn't in close combat, but in a certain type of magic. Ah well, all she could do was laugh some more with a snort at the end.

''Yeah, right... Well as they say, don't do to others what you don't want done to you! Call me a farmer and I'll call you gramps if I wanna. Ain't because you're older than me that you have the right to say whatever you want.''

She'd say rather seriously, but also with a hint of a joking tone. She had noticed how he laughed when she said she was more fit to be a general. Smirking again, she'd let this one slide as she thought it useless to give it any reply. She knew better than that. At least he had introduced himself properly. As for why she and the others were here, she would shrug it.

''Well you don't say... Yeah, my bet is that the princess picks just about anypony like that because she doesn't feel like putting any effort in choosing carefully.''

She'd chuckle at the end closing her eyes, mocking it some without really meaning it. Reopening them she still had her sight on the armoured pony.

''Just kidding... but she probably takes more time than you to think. I mean... you call somepony a farmer on first sight. S'not nice, y'know! All of us here gotta have something special!''

((Dammit, i had 49 responses this morning, at least 20 of them were from here, if this keeps up im gonna need to quit, sorry))

Sky, when he had fixed his mane and had a byte to eat, quickly dashed towards where they were meeting celestia. Sky was wondering what she wanted of them, was it a mission, a visit, or somethign else

Pyro trotted through the castle, sighing slightly as he progressed. Why did that train have to take so long? Now he was probably late! He was a guard, he should at least be punctual when Celestia calls on him. At least the guards weren't giving him any trouble, they probably recognized him, or just trusted a fellow guard to not get into trouble in the castle. He walked straight into the room and looked around at the gathered ponies.

"Hey, I'm Pyro Blaze. I'm assuming you all are here for the mission too." Pyro said. Then his eyes settled on the elderly stallion. "Aegis? You're here too? Awesome!" He said, smiling at the former guard.

(I know what you mean, about the excess of posts to look at some days.)

"Not a clue," she said and peeked above her wings looking at the two new comers. "Welcome back Pyro, hello there I am Sapphire Swirl," she also said to the other pony who kept to one side. She yawned all she had was about 6 hours sleep.

"I'm guessing Luna will be joining us soon, oh and Celestia," Sapphire laughed and flew back down beside the new comer, not Pyro. Her armour proudly shining,along with Pyro and Aegis.

Sky was shyly in the corner watching every pony. He wasnt normally this shy though he didnt like being in a group with pony's he didnt know. He noticed three guards there, he wondered who they were and if they were part of there team. Sky quickly backed more in the corner when he saw them

Sapphire also flinched and moved away at this notion. "Just because of my race I'm immediately out castes, happy now?!" She said as she moved away and flew up into the crevice, you could clearly hear the pain in her voice. She hung upside down and covered herself with her wings.

When sky saw the bat fly away looking, and sounding, sad sky felt even worse, he kept hidden behind his mane as he forced himself to stand up and to follow her. He saw her covering her face with her wings, which made sky think she was crying. Sky landed next to her.

"Sorry" He said, nervous and frightened though worried

Oh. Oh! Great. Truly, this was the best. Three of them knew each other just like that. Three against one, that's amazing. Miryo thought so sarcastically in her mind as she looked at them, upper eyelids down halfway and in silence. She'd sigh to herself before seeing how the new one was reacting to the others. Obviously shy and not so at ease there... Welp, poor guy. Anyway, she'd keep her mouth shut about the three guards who were in the place. Didn't need to make herself enemies with guards when she will probably be facing more later on. It was a team, she'd have to deal with it somehow, but wouldn't let herself be put down by anyone anyway!

She'd advance towards Sky with a smile so she could properly introduce herself. Once close enough, although he was at a higher altitude than her, she'd bow slightly to him.

''Atashi wa Miryo desu.''

She'd say before getting back up, basically just saying her name in another language for the heck of it.

''Name's Miryo.''

She would then properly say keeping a smile on her face. It's then that she'd laugh a little at the whole situation. Not laughing at anyone, but just the situation itself, thinking that maybe things were a bit awkward there.

''And hey, no need to worry! We're all weirdos, here!''

Giggling some she'd then look at everypony else in the room.

''Yup... All just a bunch of weirdos summoned by the princess herself to take on a supposedly important task!''

Archived