Time to Conquer the World: WRAITH Sign-up and OOC

5DhjFgS.png

Ever get the sense that scum and villainy abounds in CC? Well my friends, it’s about to delightfully get a WHOLE lot worse. It’s my most twisted pleasure to introduce you to WRAITH: the World Revolutionary Agency for Imperialism, Tyranny, and Hostility. WRAITH was founded by a collection of individuals who felt a great, deep-hearted contempt for Equestria and its idyllic way of life.

The reasons for joining WRAITH are numerous: some members feel that ponies don’t value martial culture enough for their kingdom to survive much longer. Others are unsavory cutthroats, exiled for various despicable crimes and having no other bonds of fellowship to fall back on. And then there are those few ambitious schemers, who desire nothing else but unlimited power.

For every soldier and operative of WRATH, no matter their motives, the rule of the Four Princesses stands between them and the dawn of a new world order. Unable to directly challenge the might of the valiant Royal Equestrian Guard, this ruthless organization must rely on cunning, magic-powered technology, and every other despicable tactic in the book. Whenever they suffer a defeat, WRAITH limps its way back to one of their secret, exotic bases, licking its wounds so it can try conquering the world another day.

Here are some of the types of roleplay characters that are welcome in WRAITH, although this list is not meant to be definitive:

• Mooks - Average joes with no real special abilities to speak of. Operating in teams, they are meant for use mainly as uniform-wearing cannon fodder.
  • Elite Operatives - Has the talent to work on solo assignments. Needs at least one cool ability or trait; like being a master spy, skill in hoof-to-hoof combat, or concealing their face at all times.
  • Commanders - Are responsible for directing mooks in battle. Should be just as cool as elite operatives.
  • Mad Scientists - Anyone demented enough to use magic in the pursuit of destructive technology will be highly appreciated. Note: CC is not a setting where computers or highly modernized/futuristic tech will fit in, hence the emphasis on magic.
  • Allies - Not officially part of the WRAITH command structure, but actively works for its cause. Can run the gauntlet from corrupt politicians to commanders of auxiliary forces.
  • The Boss - Controls the entire organization, and serves as its public face. Gets to decide where WRAITH’s primary HQ is located. Will also be the only one aware of WRAITH’s secret benefactor, and whom they’ll have to obey orders from.

In the course of CC RP, WRAITH’s primary enemies will be Task Force Suntrot and EPIC. Members of WRAITH are also free to go up against any other force of good. If you want to insert a character into this evil organization, you’re welcome to make them anyway you like just as long as you follow the CC Rules. If you don’t intend on apping a playable character for WRAITH, you can still drop by with ideas for various NPCs. So if you’re running a RP and you need foes for playable characters to fight, you can always use WRAITH NPCs that you’ve created.

Right then: who here is ready to take over the world? :mad:

0B3qayl.png

HAIL WRAITH!

--------------

ROSTER:

Hmm, sounds like some good fun.

I think this might be a good place to toss my long unused OC Arcana. She could be an operative/magician type for them. She'll probably retain her own agenda to an extent, but find them in line with her goals.

I can also see Slick Noir and his operation being sought out to join the WRAITH cause. He could act as a commander.

Brenda Razorclaw could probably be enticed to become an ally.

And of course, all they need to do is ask the Queen to have changelings come and fill their ranks...

I can already see WRAITH amassing a strong Science Division. :D

@Dio: WRAITH will definitely be able to pay Arete's fees, hehe.

@Raridash: if the Queen provides a large enough number of changeling mooks, she just might earn a spot on the Leadership Council. For that though, I'd like to find three characters total to manage it; three being the smallest number needed for faction-forming and backstabbings. XD

@McDerp: If you ever get tempted to draw an OC concept for a WRAITH member, lemme' know in advance, especially if you want him or her wearing a WRAITH uniform. I want to make sure everyone's on the same page regarding "official" attire.

----------

Later tonight or tomorrow, I'll start sorting everyone out into Divisions. Oh, I think I'll have Merlot be an archaeological consultant too, as if he wasn't enough of an unlikable jerk already.

I'll probably have to do some big updates to his app, But I'd like to throw Gravy into the mix. Formerly crew on a pirate airship, he's not really 'evil,' but he has no problems ignoring the law, and maybe getting a little revenge. He also can whip up one heck of a menu for vegetarians or carnivores.

@McDerp: If you ever get tempted to draw an OC concept for a WRAITH member, lemme' know in advance, especially if you want him or her wearing a WRAITH uniform. I want to make sure everyone's on the same page regarding "official" attire.

Will do! I was also wondering if personal bodyguard would be a thing. Like someone who protects the really important members of WRAITH.

Yeah, WRAITH leadership could use personal bodyguards. Now we just have the matter of who'll get to lead WRAITH. If no one else is interested in apping for the Boss position within a week's time, I'll be more than happy to app him or her myself. :P

I'd love for Inkbrand to join WRAITH, but I'm not sure if he'd exactly fit in. Is it alright for a member to join simply because they prefer the wrong side of the law over the strict laws of Equestria (they don't necessarily want to take over the world perse, but working with WRAITH is simply more agreeable to them than living a life under the strict rule of the Princesses)?

Also, out of curiosity, would an Elite Operative have to wear a standard uniform as well? I was thinking an Elite Operative (Inkbrand is a skilled combatant, and a pretty good thief, for sneaking into places) or an Ally would work best for Inkbrand, if he was able to join.

It'd be alright for characters to join WRAITH for non-ideologically motivated reasons, just don't expect them to get very far up the ranks if they're not "true believers" (or cough up a lot of material aid).

As for the uniforms, Elite Operatives are not required to wear them, although whatever a skilled minion wears ought to obey the Rule of Cool™. And just maybe have a WRAITH logo on it (which I imagine as depicting a kraken, although I don't have a precise look set in stone yet).

If Inkbrand can completely abandon his current way of life to serve WRAITH and live in a WRAITH facility, he'd be placed in the Operations Division. If not, Inkbrand would be just an Ally.

Oh awesome. I was thinking the armor set I designed for Inkbrand a long time ago, but with the pin in front replaced with the WRAITH logo or symbol. But that's good to know!

Hhhmmm…yeah, he'd probably just be an ally then. He's trying to become a well-known tattoo artist, so even though he'd be able to put WRAITH first, he wouldn't be able to abandon his parlor entirely for good. But being an ally works out well for him too, I think - just as long as it gets him in walking on the other side of the law. :shifty:

PROGRESS UPDATE: I've got Shadowmane's unique traits locked down, now it's just a matter of filling in the history and the character summary.

Oh, a few members have been granted numbers. Important personnel in WRAITH are to be referred to by others in the organization by their number. Of course, exceptions always exist. :P

• 4 weeks later...

I reemerge with wonderful news: Shadowmane is now officially this group's leader. :D

@Pyro: I can see Xan either as a full-time operative or a hired contractor. It all depends on how much he's willing to devote himself to the cause. Full members of WRAITH have to leave their lives behind completely and obey WRAITH's chain of command 24/7.

@McDerp: Lemme' know if you want my input while you're working on Shadowmane's bodyguard. ^_^

I've been beating around an idea for a Pegasus OC that may end up being perfect for WRAITH. I'm still working down the details, though, so I'll let you know when I've got an app in progress.

Archived