The Golden Age of Comic Books: A Mutants and Masterminds campaign. Interest and OOC here!

Seeing as both Morning Glory and Pagemaster are working to try to reassure Cherry Top, this is a good opportunity to bring up the 'aid another' action.  When multiple ponies are trying to do the same thing, and there would only be one success between the lot of them instead of all of them being able to succeed individually, then they do not roll separately for success.  One pony makes the normal check vs. the normal DC.  All ponies assisting the main pony perform the 'aid another' action (rules found on page 10) and roll their check vs. a DC of 10.  If they succeed, the main pony gets a +2 to their check.  For every 10 points they beat the DC of 10 by, the main pony gets an additional +1.  (IE: DC 10 gets +2, DC 20 gets +3, DC 30 gets +4, etc.)

There is a battle equivelent (page 154) called the 'aid' action.  In the case of the aid action, you choose whether you are donating a +2 to one attack roll of your choice on their next turn or a +2 to their defense against one opponent of your choice for the next round.

And yes, multiple aid bonuses stack.  The bad guys use this too - this is why those evil rituals always have a dozen minor cultists helping out the main cultist.  He really really wants that +24 to his summoning check.

However, it's also worth noting that one cannot use 'aid another' to exceed the power level of the game.  In our case, we're running a power level 6 game - so the maximum ability bonus is +11, and the maximum skill rank is +11, giving a total max of +22 to a skill check.  This limit can be exceeded by having somepony involved spend a hero point.  (again, something those villains can do, too - but they 'spend hero points' by giving all the heroes a hero point.)

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay gang! So, I'm working up a new OC, and in his bio he makes mention of, hehe, Golden Age Comics. Which is why I wanted to make sure with Kirby, and everyone, if that was alright to do so. It's only a minor reference, the character being the writer of Changing Tides, which is the character I derped up that Bramble and Kirby have seen the first 'issue' of. But it's set in the same universe as your game and characters here. So basically it would cement your antics as canon comics, so to speak. Thus why I want to make sure everyone's alright with that and whatnot c: And if you want a different name for it besides Golden Age Comics, then lemme know as well!

Correct, I'm making a character for the site, named Loresong. Who is a writer and artist for Oubliettes and Ogres (made by Mages of the Bay of course! Hehe). He's also started branching out into other avenues, primarily comics, and is writing Changing Tides for Golden Age Comics. Which would mean that your Pony Mutants and Masterminds RPs would board canon comics. And of course if at some point the chance arises (and if I'm free as well) I'd totally stat out Changing Tides to play with y'all as well c:

Apparently "after I wake up" occurred a week later then schedule. Apologies for the wait... once again.

Also on the subject of side-stories I am actually wanting to try as develop a bit more on Dusty's and Stone Heart's history. I guess I need to actually write out the next Stone Heart's Teachings first!

Speaking of statting though, I believe I was gonna re-evaluate Dusty's point allocation since I believe I forgot to add in points to make him more accurate with Twin Iron; he should have the maximum amount of Specialization: Twin Iron ranks he can afford at this power level and I think I forgot to do that, as shown in the fight against Maxie and the sisters.

Personally I would love to see Stone Heart's training. Or if he's had other disciples!

Also, if I may make a suggestion, maybe drop those points in a skill or two? Dusty isn't stupid. Something like a Knowledge: Nature or something. Something unique to him, for that rare bit of insight that comes in handy during detective work.

I had planned to add in an extra knowledge. He has Knowledge: Spices 4 at the moment, but I was gonna add in something like.. Knowledge: Trade 4 or so, on top of adding in the maximum amount of Specialization: Twin Iron that I can do right now.

This was his sheet last time I did anything with it

Dusty Roads

Power Points: 90

(22 on Abilities)

(8 on Skills)

(39 on Feats)

(6 on Powers (Device) )

(2 on Combat)

(18 on Saves)

(-5 on Drawbacks)

Abilities:

Strength: 20

Dexterity: 20

Constitution: 16

Intelligence: 8

Wisdom: 8

Charisma: 10

Skills:

Acrobatics: 16

Climb: 5

Concentration: 8

Escape Artist: 5

Knowledge (Spice Farming): 4

Stealth: 5

Survival: 6

Swim: 5

Feats:

Acrobatic Bluff

All-Out Attack

Defense Roll: 3

Diehard

Elusive Target

Endurance: 1

Evasion: 2

Improved Block: 6

Improved Critical (Twin-Iron): 6

Improved Disarm: 4

Improved Initiative: 4

Improved Throw

Improved Trip

Instant Up

Move-By Action

Power Attack

Redirect

Skill Mastery (Survival, Concentration, Acrobatics, Swim)

Taunt

Uncanny Dodge

Powers:

Twin-Iron:

Device (Easy to lose, Limited to *something*) 3: Strike 6; Feats: Mighty, Thrown, Extended Reach 2, Alternate power: Stun 3, Trip 6, Strike (Area: Burst, Feats: Extended Range 2) 2, Strike (Area: Cone, Feats: Extended 2) 2, Shield 6.

Combat:

Attack (Melee): +1

Attack (Ranged): +1

Attack Bonus: +1

Grapple: +6

Defense: 0 (With Shield 6 active this increases to +6)

Knockback Resist: -3

Saves:

Fortitude: +10

Reflex: +11

Will: +4

Toughness: +3 (+6 with Defense Roll)

Equipment: None

Sidekick: None

I would suggest Knowledge: Streetwise, personally. But since you asked, the closest thing to "Trade" would be "Business".

Also, once again, because I hate the idea of folks being left out of something. Want to start a side story without me? Go ahead! Want to start one with me, or somebody else? Go ahead! I am flattered that the world is building, bit by bit.

This new one is me and Bramble, by the way. As we slowly build towards Issue 3, because yes, I'm planning that far ahead.

I may need se help re-learning some of the point values since its been a while since I made that sheet. Essentially the goal is the get Attack Specialization (Staves or Twin-Iron) to 6 ranks, and then include Your suggestion (Kirby!) of Knowledge: Streetwise.. about 4 or so.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived