The Golden Age of Comic Books: A Mutants and Masterminds campaign. Interest and OOC here!

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall be doing the rolls once everyone has posted. Because I'm assuming everyone will need a roll. For something. I did not expect this turn of events. Yikes.

Do I really need to pull out the previous youtube clip again?

A bunch of superheroes meet each other for the first time ever, in the dark and confusion of a heist, and you *didn't* expect an accidental superhero fight? And one is a paper controller, while you played up the role of stealing papers in the current crime wave?

Well in my old group that rule sort of applied. Mostly to our cleric , whom was more accident prone then anything else. We had a running gag of a "Fail Counter" anytime our cleric messed something up. Until it got so ridiculous that we actually rp'd out the Fail Counter breaking. Twas fun times.

In my very first game of D&D third edition, I made myself a wizard with a crossbow. I did not roll over a '12' that entire game, and I rolled more 1's that night ... and the GM was instituting a 'critical miss hits your friends' house rule, even if they weren't in melee with the enemy I was aiming at.

The TPK that happened might not have happened had the backs of their heads not been sprouting my crossbow bolts. We all agreed we'd remake mostly the same characters, but with slightly different feats and skill choices, now that we understood the system and house rules.

My next wizard took 'precise shot' and agreed with the GM that because of that feat, he would NOT have any risk of hitting his team mates on a 1. Regardless of being an incredibly effective wizard, and never once shooting his team, he never lived down the reputation of his predecessor...

Please forgive the lateness of my reply! I promise to never let it linger that long again! I just got back from vacation and my house and wife are... struggling to say the least.

Also, SilverSwirl, I would actually LOVE to see what you could make. I don't know when your hero could be used, but for instance, if someone needs to take a vacation, you could pinch hit. The Justice League has reserves, after all.

And now I'm picturing the Justice League reserves a sitting around a single phone, staring silently.

"Pleeeeease ring?"

X3 sorry, but yeah take a swing SilverSwirl.

Also no problem Kirby, welcome back! Hope everything is alright.

Well, to be fair, Pagemaster doesn't know what hit him, and wasn't in direct line-of-sight of her after his landing. The theater worker was more immediately in front of him than Morning Glory.

Oh. I didn't quite get that from your post, or at any rate, from how the GM resolved the action. I thought it was more a body-check than a seizing, given how he was described as "being sent flying."

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to outfit my unicorn colt emerging super character at the moment. I'm at a loss to what I can do with him at the moment. I'll PM some of you more experienced chaps for a little help. The big stumbling block is what exactly is disallowed in the magic department.

Oh. Well, in any case, I suppose it's a little too late to change it now. Makes for a pretty good character development moment; Quill Pusher sometimes focuses on words more than things, and would answer a voice quicker than acknowledge a bodily presence. I kind of like developing a character's quirks over the course of an RP, so that works out.

Rush

When you rush, you attempt to push an opponent straight back instead of damaging them.

First, move adjacent to your target. you and the target make opposed [numbers numbers numbers]

If you win the opposed Strength check, you push the opponent back. [more numbers] You can't, however, exceed your normal movement speed, so any additional distance is ignored.

If you lose, you move 5 feet back the way you came.

This isn't Glory stopping, hitting him, and knocking him back. That would be 'Knockback' page 165

Archived