How did you feel when you were new at this forum?

Elssir

I just wonder what memories you have friends.

Cause I find it here pretty awesome. It's hard to find a place with so kind people like this one. :)

What about you? What did you feel? Did you like it here from the first time as I do?

Maybe this is a silly question but I'm really curiois.

Well, I feel like that we all here are a huge loving family. I really never met a place like this. Everyone is kind, friendly... I think I will fit Very well.

You're awesome bros. You all. I'm so glad I can be one od you. :)

*gives a collective hug*

Well at first i didn't know what to do. I read the instructions and rules many times but still didn't know what to do. I was a really bad girl when i was new here.

Although it looks like i'm forgiven, a scar still remains on my sidebar that would remind me forever

Admittedly I was a little overwhelmed. There was so much to look at and do my mind had trouble processing it! When I started I had five OCs and mainly just kept to roleplaying. Now things have only become more awesome!

Lost, confused, and overwhelmed by the enormity of the site. Even back then, this place wasn't exactly small.

Times change, and so do their users. It's fun knowing that change will keep on happening.

Yeah... this word is right one "lost".

Hehe lots of things is still the mystery for me. But here's everytime somepony who helps me if I don't know what to do.

And I really appreciate it.

• 3 weeks later...

When I first came in I was actually really terrible? I was really mean and hostile and had this nasty idea that I needed to prove myself to others in order to really matter, but with help from some good friends, and my time actually working with the staff I really really feel like I'v improved, Canterlot's a good place once you find your nitch really, sadly I've been feeling a bit more distant from it but I'm working on that!

When I first joined, I think I was your stereotypical noob who annoyed everybody and didn't know how to function on the site.

Now I've kinda became that guy that you see on most forums. You know......that one guy. Who's just......that guy. I'm that guy. That guy.

Well to be fair, I'm still new. xD

I have to say, this place is much more welcoming than the other communities that I've been on. I'm definetly not new to roleplay, but I a new to a roleplay site that was based solely on the forums. The staff made everything welcoming, easy to use, even for me, and English is my third/fourth language! And all the users were very warm. I have to say this is definetlyt one of my favourite sites~!

• 1 year later...

Necromancy again!!!

I am the cliche, good-girl that reads all the rules and follows them.  The first thing I did was start an intro post, them pm SteelEagle.  I really don't remember why anymore, but it was nice knowing there was that "staff" that I felt more comfortable asking questions to over others.  I came from Fimfiction.net, a really, really big site where the mods and staff are rarely seen active in too many groups, so I was super duper surprised when I started here to see the active members.  Everyone was exceedingly nice-probably also because I followed the rules so well.  I posted frequently enough to be recognized as a member, but not too much as to overwhelm as seem like I'm trying to establish a fast reputation.  I gained my reputation little by little, and now I'm a happy member with lots of friends!  

21 hours ago, Lyipheoryia said:

Necromancy again!!!

I am the cliche, good-girl that reads all the rules and follows them.

lel, I came from a forum culture where thread-necromancy was frowned upon, and in some cases against the rules. xD

Oh how things change~

Anyways, I wanted to make some kind of big and awesome post about how amazing my experience with Canterlot was and is, but I'm just gonna cut to the chase and say that this place is basically my internet home~ <3

Y'all are legit awesome, and I want y'all to know it. And for those who I haven't really gotten to know at all... I likely think you're awesome too, and I'd love to get to know you~ :P

Aww. You're awesome too Thy.

I come from a forum where I am a literal necromancer! \o/ Not very good at it though, not yet at least. I'll be impressed when you tell me you can raise spooky skelly-mans, Lyi. :<

I have a bit of experience with RP places so I saw signs that this was a good one, and the potential was exciting. There are a lot of people around and a lot of activity, the mods are nice folks, also a big pull was having both a lore-locked world and a free-for-all section. I got the impression in WoE there is a good balance between creative capacity and refined, developed lore, which is a similar principle to the last forum I tried, and it works well. And that in addition to a free RP section is a fantastic idea. :) Maximum creative potential, with the benefits of a forum that has standardised lore. It could only be better if my RP BFF starts playing here too. :I

55 minutes ago, Eventide said:

I come from a forum where I am a literal necromancer! \o/ Not very good at it though, not yet at least. I'll be impressed when you tell me you can raise spooky skelly-mans, Lyi. :<

2 hours ago, ToothpasteThy said:

lel, I came from a forum culture where thread-necromancy was frowned upon, and in some cases against the rules. xD

Oh how things change~

Pfth!  I only learn from the best~  <looks at the other necromancers of C-lot (mainly Noedig)>  

It's part of my unofficially-official title scheme as a Welcoming Committee member and Necromancer XD. 

I love this site.  It's my little shelter from real life weirdness, and just a nice source to meet new people with actually, well, meeting them!  I've created a whole lot of friendships, and this is definitely a site I never expect myself to leave from <3.  

This forum is just the greatest. The atmosphere. The people. Just everything about it is truly wonderful!

When I first joined I was always afraid of messing up some how or accidently stepping on some toes. However, the general welcoming of the site and its kind mods and users quickly brought me out of that timid and skittish nature. And for that  you all have my thanks~!  The friends that I've made here are something to be cherished greatly. This is like my internet family and I'm happy to be apart of it. I can certainly see myself sticking around . Sorry guys, but  you'll have to put up with me for awhile longer~!  Love ya! >w<

Excited, overwhelmed and eager to jump right in.  Season 2 teasers were just popping up or it had just started when I stumbled upon this place.  It's been a heck of a ride and while my time got eaten up by other things it pulled me away.  Seeing how this site has changed since then, I feel odd looking at it now.  Almost like I'm new all over again, though now there's a slight apprehension to my posts as I feel myself getting nostalgic after logging in, missing the friends that used to be on here.

8 hours ago, Na11 said:

I feel perfectly normal(excited), when i join forums. Especially canterlot.com, it's the perfect alternative to freindshipismagicrpg!

We're quite different from FIM:RPG~to say the least.

We're not (apparently) dying, for one thing.  Heard it's going extremely quiet over there~

11 hours ago, Lyipheoryia said:

We're quite different from FIM:RPG~to say the least.

We're not (apparently) dying, for one thing.  Heard it's going extremely quiet over there~

Because the admin who checks the OC Apps is busy and he is the only one.

And i'm glad your different from FIM:RPG.;-)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived