[Cloudsdale] Rainbowblust! (closed)

RainbowFoxxy

RainbowDashthingforFF_zpse1dda7f9.png

Rainbow had finished her workout for the afternoon and decided she would clean up a little. After trotting through a few rain clouds and actually spending a bit of time to get some of the tangles out of her mane and tail she decided to lounge around in her cloud house for a little while.

"Ahhhh! This is the life!" She sipped a cool drink and laid back on a cloud recliner in her room. "A nice relaxing day and somepony to take me out for dinner." She smiled as she thought about Dunderblust. She didn't know him well but she figured she could get to know him better during their dinner. it was supposed to be a casual friends sort of date so Dash was not flustered much about it.

Eventually the sun began to sink lower in the sky and Dash started to look out the window a little more frequently to see if Dunder was on his way. He was supposed to meet her at her house at about the time it was now. She wondered where he would take her for dinner...

Clean up took longer than expected and now Dunder was paying for it. The pegasus's cloud house was getting progressively more and more messy as the stallion scrambled to make sure he looked presentable for a date. After getting caught up at work having to clean a rather nasty oil spill got him both sweaty and dirty. It was getting close to crunch time to leave the house and go greet one of Celestia's champions for a date. Who could have known that he'd find the rainbow maned mare around Cloudsdale at the right time to ask for her company for dinner.

He didn't have a sword, only a small saddlebag to carry some extra bits in as he darted through the air over Cloudsdale. Dunder's memory retained information about the mare's address, and he was in a hurry to reach it. Not soon enough, he finally arrived at the house. A little late, better than nothing. He quickly knocked on the door and did one last hoof though his mane to make sure it was presentable. He slapped on a dopey grin and waited for the mare to answer.

Rainbow chuckled as she watched Dunder make his way to her door. The window she often checked through made it so that she could see visitors but the angle made it hard for them to see her. He seemed like a nice stallion and that dopey grin just about sealed that deal! She stood up and trotted to the door, not bothering to make sure her mane and tail were in order. She swung the door open and smiled broadly.

"Hey there Dunder! Glad you could make it!" She narrowed her eyes inquisitively at him. "So, what her we up to tonight huh?"

Sh didn't know this stallion very well and Rainbow was happy to get to know him tonight!

Dunder was worried that she wasn't home or not wanting to answer the door. Of course this moment of fear passed over quickly when she promptly opened the door. She spoke quickly and looked excited. More importantly, she looked rather cute in a disheveled sort of way. Her rainbow mane and tail were unkept, and she still looked stunning.

The analysis only took a moment, so did Dunder's formulation of a response, "I'm glad I could make it too. I'm sorry for being late. Work got in the way." He sid, scratching his mane with a forehoof, embarrassed. "And we're going to go out to dinner first. It's not a fancy place, so you don't need to get ready. Then I have more planned, so don't worry." He said and smiled again. "We can leave whenever you are ready. I've got bits for both of us, too."

Rainbow smiled a winning smile at the mention that he had things planned for after dinner. Then she reached out and chucked him playfully on the arm.

"Well, we'll get to whatever else you have planned if I still want to hang with you after dinner!" She smiled and cocked her head to the side. "And that depends on how awesome the place is that we go to!" Rainbow was being her usual challenging self, but it was all in fun. Soon she changed tactics and stepped outside.

"But really, thanks Dunder... for wanting to take me out tonight! I'm sure it will be fun!" Her wings began to flap her into a hovering position. "So, where are we headed?"

"Well, the place is Itailian...so Lasagna and stuff." Dunder said waiting to see a reaction as to whether nor not the location he picked was a good one. But she seemed to be enjoying it a lot already, "Oh, just a place on the south side of Cloudsdale. Suddenly a bad idea came into his head, so bad he'd just have to do it.

"Race ya to the south side of Cloudsdale!" He said in a challenging tone. "3,2,1, GO!" He quickly added not even allowing time for her to respond. Like that, he was off to a fast start. But he knew that his initial burst of speed would ware off quickly and she would overtake him easily.

3,2,1, GO!

A sly smile spread over Dash's features as she stood in the doorway. Her forelocks tossed in the slight breeze left by Dunder's exit from the scene. She sucked in a breath.

"Another day, another race...to win!" She took off, a streak of rainbow behind her.

The light blue pegasus beat her wings through the air with powerful strokes as Dunder came into view.

"Not bad." She spoke to herself. He had gotten a fairly far distance before she had caught up with him. She gave her wings a few more well timed flaps and came up even with him.

"Hey Dunder! Nice flying!" She smiled at him as she kept his pace.

Dunder, meanwhile, was struggling to keep his pace up. Flying a long distance was never his strong suit, and she hadn't even broken a sweat. So the stories about here were true.

He started to slow down, trying to mask his heaves for breath and play off how worn out that made him, "Oh.. It's... You know... Nothing." He said, stopping for a quick and shallow breath between almost each word.

"You're an... excellent flyer... yourself. Maybe the best.... in all of.... Equestria?" He said and stuck out a tongue. "Anyway, we are getting...close to the place." He said and began to slow down, scanning the buildings below him for the right building. "Ah! Yes." He said and took a dive to the street level.

He landed in front of a cloud building named, Winged Itailian. And even onto the street the smell of good food seeped out.

Rainbow looped around Dunder when he stuck his tongue out at her. She was making a show of how great her flying really was and she didn't care! Nothing suited Dash better than a little bit of good old fashioned showing off!

"You bet I'm the best!" She streaked ahead, a trail of rainbow colors in her wake. Eventually she slowed down and allowed the stallion to catch up. Before she knew it they were on the ground and surrounded by the awesome smell of the restaurant. Suddenly Dash was self conscious. She had just been flying, her coat and mane were totally a mess, and she had worked up a little bit of a sweat. Now they were going into some fancy looking place! She wondered if Dunder would be embarrassed to be seen with her.

The mare shook her head to clear her thoughts. She was Rainbow Dash! She could get away with anything! There was no way she was going to let a situation like this get the best of her. She smiled a charming smile in Dunder's direction, hoping he couldn't see her slight lack of confidence.

"Looks great!" She pushed the door open and walked inside, not waiting for him to hold it open. Rainbow never had been good with the fine art of dating...

Dunder couldn't wait. to bee seen around town and be enjoying the company of Miss Rainbow Dash. He only have his mane one quick brush through with a hoof before proceeding to the door and catching a confident smile from Rainbow Dash. He smiled in return, trying to be as suave as possible before getting to the door.. Which was promptly opened by Dash.

He wasn't too surprised, she seemed to be the more assertive female type. He didn't think much of it and trotted inside. He navigated around her, however, after they were both inside. There he trotted up to the host, a bushy mustached stallion with a collar and bow tie. Before the moustached stallion could dish out a greeting, Dunder got on his hindlegs and leaned his side against the counter the moustached stallion stood behind. Dunder tried to act casual as he dusted his hoof and spoke, "Seats for two, please. The best seats you've got for me, and my date here." Dunder said, pointing a hoof at Dash.

The mustached stallion rolled his eyes and grabbed two menus under his wing as he trotted off. He led them to a circular table surrounded by a cushioned booth and a window facing the sky and mountains in the distance. The day was winding down, and the artificial lighting of the restaurant was on and filled the whole restaurant with light. Ponies all around were chatting and drinking, clinking glasses in cheers, and clinking plates with their utensils.

Dunder took a seat and the host tossed the menus on the table. He also tossed out a piece of paper to write down the first order of business. "Drinks?" He asked. It was hard to tell if he had an accent with his lack of speaking. Dunder opened the menu to the back and scanned the drinks, "I'll...get...the.....orange...no...the...cheery...no... yeah, I'll just get the orange soda." Dunder said and closed his menu, leaning back into the cushioned seats. The mustached stallion, pen in mouth, jotted down the drink order. He shifted his gaze to the rainbow maned mare, refraining from speaking because of the pen in his mouth.

Rainbow scanned the drink menu, tapping her hoof on her muzzle in thought.

"Hmmmm..." Her eyes moved to the distant mountain for a moment. Everything looked quite lovely outside. The day was closing and the golden light of dust was flooding in the windows. She moved her eyes back to the menu and a smile suddenly came over her features. "You guys have Mint Cherry Blast! Awesome! I love that drink. I'll have one of those. You ever try Mint Cherry Dunder?" Rainbow was feeling good tonight. She was relaxed and she was liking the company of the stallion who had brought her to dinner,

Once the waiter had taken their drink order Rainbow looked at Dunder, wondering what he would like to talk about. "You catch the Wonderbolt derby in Canterlot last week?" It wasn't a lady like question but one could hardly call Rainbow Dash lady like even on her best days.

The host finished writing down the drink orders and put the pad and pen away, "Drinks should be at your table in a few minutes" He said and trotted off.

"I've never been here before. Well, I've been here only a few times. Though I am not fond of mint flavors, so I usually pass over the Mint Cherry Blast. And I've always been scared of trying out weird drink flavors after drinking this Spicy Lemonade with Orange drink. It's refreshing with the lemonade and orange, but the aftertaste hits and your throat is filled with this horrible taste." Dunder flopped out his tongue and looked disgusted just at the memory of it. "Maybe I'll try a sip of your drink. I don't have cooties I swear." Dunder said and chuckled.

When Dashie asked the question, he wasn't surprised. A speed-demon like her would definitely be a fan of the Wonderbolts. "I was actually in Canterlot last week and I did see the Wonderbolts. I lost like...10 bits on one of the races because Fleetfoot lost. After that I stopped betting." Dunder said, a little embarassed.

Even though Rainbow wasn't lady-like, she still was a lovely mare to hang out with.

Rainbow rolled her eyes at the mention of Fleetfoot.

"yeah, you never know with that guy... Sometimes he looks likes he's gonna be on fire and he won't even place! But I've seen him win too... Never when Spitfire is racing though... But you know how that goes..." Rainbow had a wistful look in her eyes as she talked about her idol. It was no secret to any pony that raced that Rainbow wanted to fly just like the brig yellow pegasus.

Soon their drinks arrived and Rainbow sipped at the mint cherry fizz. A smile covered her muzzle as she pushed it towards Dunder.

"I know you don't have cooties." She winked at him.

(Sorry no text color I'm typing on my iPad...)

[No worries XP I can read your post fine]

"Well, you might have cooties. Everypony knows mares are icky." Dunder said teasingly before leaning over to examine the drink. Red and fizzy. Looked like his soda but in a fancier glass. He didn't give it too much thought as he wrapped his muzzle over the straw, right where Rainbow had put her muzzle, and took a quick sip.

The drink smacked his throat and stung in a minty fashion that the pegasus stallion was not at all fond of. He covered his muzzle and leaned back, trying to suppress a few coughs with his eyes closed. "Nevermind, that was icky." He said before another cough. He cleared his throat and pushed the glass back across the table to the rainbow-maned mare.

"Also, you are saying 'he' with Fleetfoot? I thought Fleetfoot was a 'she'?" Dunder asked. Unless he was mistaken and the wonderbolts preferred a more curvy and aerodynamic feminine figure.

Rainbow pulled her drink back in front of her. "Then, no use wasting this 'icky' drink on you!" She took a sip, knowing her had just taken one from the same straw. She smacked her lips fondly. "Yum! Love that minty burst!" She chuckled a little as she quoted a commercial she had heard for the beverage.

Also, you are saying 'he' with Fleetfoot? I thought Fleetfoot was a 'she'?

"Oh haha! I thought you said Soarin'... I don't know why I thought that..." She blushed a little at the misunderstanding. "Anyway, yeah Fleetfoot's kinda the same story. It's hard to rank the Wonderbolts these days... they've got so much talent!" She took another sip of her drink. "I think they're having another try out soon! It would be so great to make the real team..."

She figured she should ask him some questions or something while they waited for their food. "So Dunder, what do you do for a living?" it was a slightly odd question, but at least it would keep the conversation going for a little while.

Oh no!

"Whoa! Look out!" Rainbow squealed as a waiter tripped behind Dunder. A plate of spaghetti was now on a beeline for Dunder's head!

(haha, sorry to toss the spaghetti in there..I just wanted make things intresting :))

Dunder sipped at his own drink, trying only to drink only small sips to make sure the liquid didn't fill him up before the food could. When she mentioned making the real team, he didn't know what to say. She was an excellent flier, it was a mystery to him how she hadn't made the main Wonderbolts team anyway.

When she asked what he did for a living, he thought about it for a moment. Just a moment before she yelped and pointed behind her date. Instinctively, Dunder turned around, foreleg raised to protect himself. He closed his eyes as the spaghetti plate smacked into his face, covering him in tasty noddles and tomato sauce.

The waiter instantly got back up from being tripped and apologized frantically while tying to clear the spaghetti off of Dunder. Meanwhile, Dunder just sat there, trying to hold back a laugh after getting splattered all over with food. After all, he didn't want to lose it while everypony at the restaurant were inevitably looking at the three ponies.

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow tried to bite her lip. She tried to hide her muzzle in her napkin. She tried to hold her breath but nothing would hold it back.

"BAAAAA Hahahahahha!!!!" A huge laugh erupted from her as she pointed a hoof at her date. He looked absolutely hilarious with stray spaghetti noodles still draped over his ears and sauce splattered here, there and everywhere!

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry Dunder but you look...you look.... HAHAhahahah!" More laughing happened as she got up and trotted to his side of the table. Without thinking she moved in a licked some of the sauce right off his cheek. "MMmmmm, that tastes pretty good actually! Maybe I should have ordered the spaghetti." She winked at him and moved in for one more taste. This time right above his muzzle. She couldn't help it, he just looked too cute all covered with sauce.

"Wow!" She licked her lips and a reached for a napkin which she pushed towards Dunder. "Here ya go...might want to clean off a little."

Rainbow continued to grin. Nothing picked up a date like a little random chaos!

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Dash broke the atmosphere first by laughing. Dunder wasn't sure how to feel about the laughing, but he knew that he would give Dash something to laugh about. But when she licked his cheek, his plans were instantly thrown off course. His cheeks grew red and hot, and they grew a deep crimson when she licked the sauce straight off his muzzle.

Now he had to give some friendly payback for laughing by for a different reason: to hide the fact he was blushing. When she hoofed over the napkin, he grabbed a big clump of fallen spaghetti, "Heeeeey, Rainbow Dash!" he said as pulled the clump behind his head. When he thought it was a good time to strike, he threw the clump of spaghetti at Rainbow Dash.

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow's eyes squinted as the spaghetti landed on her head. This was war! Nopony threw food at the intrepid Rainbow Dash and lived! Her muzzle parted in a wide grin and she picked the spaghetti off and threw it back at her date. She had seen Dunder react to the friendly licks and decided she would try that again later but for now, there was pay back to take care of!

"Hey Dunder! You always show mare's such a good time when you take them out on first dates?" She laughed with good nature as she readied another volley of fallen noodles.

Ponies were beginning to turn their heads and stare but Rainbow was determined to get the last strike in. This was too much fun!

• 2 weeks later...

Dunder was already prepared with another hoof-full of spaghetti, "Oh, I know how to show mares a good time. But I've never had a time this good!" He said, a grin forming on his face. Quickly, he turned, brought the spaghetti behind his head to prepare for a throw. Right after the throw, a thunderous voice echoed through the restaurant.

"WHAT ARE YOU HOOLIGANS DOING?!" A portly stallion in a chef getup demanded from the double door entrance to the kitchen. His face was etched with anger, and his eyes darted between the pair.

Archived