Fable Weaver's Bureau of Investigation: OOC Sign-up

Small background story I whipped up to explain how Fable got this new job with some help and permission to have Twilight give Fable the grant from SteelEagle. Only needed for world building, but you can read it if you want.

A Few Weeks Ago...

Fable Weaver felt like he was dreaming the most impossible dream. In front of him stood a small building, situated in the heart of Ponyville, smack dab in the middle of town square. A sign up front read out to anypony interested in this new addition.

"Fable Weaver, Ponyville Private Investigator in Personal Affairs and Mysteries"

Another sign adjacent to the first read out "Open", waiting with open arms to anypony in need.

Fable Weaver closed his eyes and smiled at how he acquired such a building, and more so, how he was able to achieve one of his greatest dreams and live it out in his everyday life. He recalled meeting with the newly crowned Princess Twilight for a simple visit to her castle. It was then when she recalled her misplacing a book she held in high regard. Being the strapping gentlecolt that he was, we offered to use his self-taught sleuthing skills to help her out. After deducing it was only in her dragon assistant Spike's possession, the lavender alicorn was very impressed with his investigative prowess. After explaining his dream of living out his own character's lives, Twilight gave him a small grant that allowed him a chance to live out his dream and use his exceptional detective skills to help out ponies in need around Ponyville. Fable could hardly believe it at the time, and still couldn't believe it now. He had never expected to actually be a private investigator for Ponyville so soon after visiting the fair town, but Fable took the job with an air of duty and pride. He then moved part of his personal confections from his home in Fillydelphia and placed them in the building he was now standing in front of him, both as a hub for his new occupation and a second home. He had thought briefly about leaving his old job of writing mystery fiction in favour of the real thing, but quickly brushed the idea aside. He still enjoyed writing very much, and still wanted to keep that special bond between him and his father. Yes, he decided that his new life would only aide in many more stories he could write about, almost like how a certain adventurer might go about it.

Fable fixed his glasses, and straightened his trademark bow tie for what he felt was the hundredth time before walking through the door to officially start his first work day. As he walked in to the main lobby, he was greeted with a very basic waiting room. A few folding chairs and tables were littered around the small room, with various magazines and books set neatly for easy access. On one corner of the room, up against a wall, was what Fable assumed was the receptionist's desk. Seated in a modern office chair behind the desk was a positive looking mare with a very eager expression on her face, humming a small tune and drumming her hooves on the surface of her desk. Her lively mood was interrupted by the slamming of the front door, causing her to jump visibly in her chair and look directly at Fable. She jumped out of her chair, sprinting up to the newly appointed investigator with a look of glee on her face. She took Fable's hoof in her own and shook it up and down vigorously, while talking very rapidly in an over-enthusiastic, cheerful tone in her voice.

"Oh my gosh, Mr. Weaver, it's soooooo nice to meet you! I'm Scribble Scribe, your personal secretary to help you with your new job, whether it be paperwork, scheduling, and greeting anypony who wishes to seek your assistance! Oh my gosh, this is soooooo exciting! I'll be sure to not let you or Princess Twilight down, I swear it!"

In the grant, Princess Twilight gave Fable many things he needed to be a proper investigator, such as a badge and the small, important objects needed to perform the job adequately. On top of that, Twilight presented Scribble Scribe to be a secretary that takes messages and organizes meetings for ponies who need Fable's help. She was a bright, kind lass that was able to prove her worth as Fable's assistant, but often had a little too much energy for her own good from what he saw previously.

Fable smiled at his new secretary, unsure what to really say or what to really do. He went with a curt greeting and told her to just let him know if there's anypony who needs his assistance. With that, Fable walked past the reception desk with a final smile towards Scribble before entering his own personal office to start his first work day for many days to come.

This is the OOC thread for anyone who wishes to be in a mystery solving thread involving anything from finding a lost item, solving a minor crime involving a group of characters(Ex: petty theft, public disputes, missing ponies, etc.), or anything that requires Fable's intensive knowledge and detective skills. Everyone is allowed to join, from any Canon character or OC.

If anyone is interested in something like this, or wants anything to do with Fable's expertise, all inquiries go in this thread, with a link to your character app and a general idea of what your character wants solved, whether it be something serious or silly, anything goes in the Bureau of Investigation! We will go through our plan and what we want either in this thread or through PM's, whichever works for you!

After we decide on what to do, I will make a private RP thread for the mystery, add it in the roster found below with your character(s), along with a link to the thread for easy access.

Client Status Roster

RP with Fable Weaver? Count me in!

I'm not sure what sort of mystery Inkbrand would bring to Fable, I'll have to brainstorm for a while. In the meantime, I'd be up for volunteering Inkbrand to be a part of a mystery that someone else brings to Fable. Whether he's included as just a witness, part of a public dispute quarrel (bar fight anyone?), or maybe even part of something illegal. So if anyone has a mystery that they would want Inkbrand to be involved in, lemme know.

*Slinks into the shadows to brainstorm for a bit*

• 1 month later...

Alrighty, I'll message Zeig and find out if he wants to be the first client for Fable, or if he wants to be a "witness" for Valen. Afterwards, I'll let you know what's going on, i guess. I've never hosted something like this before, so I really don't know what I'm doing :P

Ah, i get what you mean, but I sort of made this area as a brainstorming kind of place. When we think up what the RP would be about, I post the thread in a sort of "episode" format instead of a first come, first serve kind. Everything goes here, from the introductory post with Fable under the spoiler tag to the brainstorming.

Do you mean make an IC thread for you, or post it in the line format anyway?

I had a sort of idea; inspired by some binge-reading of classic mystery authors. My own character, Earth Writer, is a reporter, so something of an investigator in his own right. I could have him show up with a request for professional assistance.

Just a question; do you want me to plan out a mystery in this thread, or come up with something myself, and see how well you figure it out?

If you got an idea all set up by yourself, that's fine. I might not be the smartest individual, but I'll try to solve it with Fable as best as I can, it might be fun. If you didn't have a solid plan, we would have brainstormed together and added some minor characters or witnesses.

I haven't anything right now, other than the fact that a reporter from Earth's paper goes missing. If anypony else wants to join in, we can plan to integrate them. If not, then I'll see what I can come up with.

Archived