Blueblood (and few other ponies of minor importance) in a boat!

So, I had recently read Jerome K. Jerome's "Three Men in a Boat," and I was inspired!

Prince Blueblood will be taking a riverboating trip across Equestria, along with a couple of other companions. My original idea had been Big Mac and Shining Armor, since the character interactions there would be potentially hilarious, but I'm open to more suggestions from cast or OC characters, since their players might be busy.

Slots are going to be limited here; Blueblood won't take more than two or three other ponies on the trip. I'm looking for distinct, clashing personalities, that will be alternatively struggling together against the elements, sniping at each other when things go rough, and ultimately coming out something like good friends. Celestia knows, Blueblood needs a few of them.

I'm assuming you'd want to continue their acquaintance from earlier? It would at least give a good reason as to why Blueblood invited him in the first place.

the problem is entirely HOW would this whole event even come to pass?

Blueblood isn't a pony known for wanting to wallow in the same places as those he views lesser than him, we saw that in canon - and there doesn't seem to be an obvious point of contact, outside Applejack, who would get Mac to have anything to do with Blueblood in the first place.

Why would Macintosh have anything to do with Blueblood of his own accord?

Why would Blueblood be in a boat with 'lesser' ponies and not those of his own ilk?

How could all the other elements be drawn together in the RP in a way that makes sense for all involved?

It's a very nice idea...but unless there's a good way to really make this work at the start, it's likely doomed before it gets off the ground.

Well, Blueblood and Dunder actually do know each other from an earlier thread, well enough for Blueblood to actually invite him for a trip. Does Big Mac know Dunder? Because he could be called in by him to fill an emergency position on the boat (which needs at least 3 to crew) when another invitee doesn't show up, just happening to time when Mac is available. If not... well, hm. Any suggestions?

And Auntie Celestia has been rather insistent lately that Blueblood widen his circle of acquaintances, which is kind of the point of this thread.

Eh, I'll just have to throw together some backstory about AJ throwing mac out there because of Celestia mentioning it to Twilight...it's not the cleanest not the best explanation, but the show isn't known for doing things particularly neat at times anyway. XD

Well, I suppose we could make it four stallions in a boat. Do join in, but once we get four in the thread, I don't think I'll be welcoming any more. I don't want this to get too busy/crowded.

Either by Celestia, or by Dunder, given that you've interacted before. Dunder will be out for another week, though, from what I gather.

I'll do it by celestia then. This way we can go ahead and get started.

I'll post when I get home.

While I'm ok with this, since it could be seen as a continuation of trying to help your character, you should always run these sorts of things by the player of the character first

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived