What will you do when FiM ends?

smileyface1010

Okay, I know this show and this fandom has been really amazing (most of the time anyways) for the past four years, and hopefully will continue to be amazing in the future. But all good things come to an end, right? So what do you think would happen in the final episode of G4? What do you think would happen to the fandom? What will you do once the show had ended?

As for me, I don't really know what I would do. But I do want one thing from the show in it's final episode: make it memorable. It doesn't even have to be a huge whole season story arc, as long as it is a memorable and satisfying conclusion to the show, I'll be happy. As for the fandom, I do believe it will live on long after the show has ended, but like all fandoms, it will eventually die off. Now, I have no idea how long we will live on, but hopefully it will be a while before we die for good. What would I do? Honestly, I don't really know. MLP has been a huge part of my life for the past couple of years, and I think had helped me become a better person. I would still write and be active in the community for a while, but it really wouldn't be the same. I dunno, maybe I'll finally get around to watching Doctor Who or something ;)

I would just simply...... DIE! XD maybe it might end with them all becoming alicorn princesses? One princess for each element maybe? That would seem fitting, but it would be a horror storry for flutters.... maybe they accidently, like fall through the portal and they have to find a way back? Im full of it!

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoy what good episodes/ good media/ good stuff came out of it, and then eventually move on with my life.

I might cease being a devoted fan if the show starts sucking too badly before the series officially ends. In that case, I don't know what I'll do. I guess I'll just do something similar to the above statement. But I probably wouldn't be frequenting MLPFiM stuff online as much.

You know this is something I've been thinking about, not that I want it to end mind you anytime soon. I do know that this will end at least in terms of Friendship is Magic (I doubt Hasbro would ever give up on the My Little Pony brand).

Well when it ends I guess I'd keep RPing until I lost interest in it or when Canterlot.com shuts down.

As for MLP fanfiction writing, that depends on what FiMfiction does. Most likely though I wouldn't be writing much in terms of fanfiction after that. I do have about a dozen or so stories in mind including the fic I'm working on now so I still have inspiration. It's just I wouldn't work on anything new.

For art I'd probably slowly draw less in terms of pony art. I'd still draw though other things.

Overall rather than just end suddenly when MLP ends I'd probably have my interest and creativity ride off into the sunset. What I can say though is I probably will never have an experience like this for the rest of my life. Sure I'll find a TV show or book series that I'll like, but not of this level of creativity being expressed by fans. MLP is an anomaly of such outpouring, the kind that can possibly only be compared to long running superhero comics or certain scifi series like Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. This was one for the ages of media history, and no matter when it ends I am proud to be part of it.

Meh, if it ended, wouldn't really care too much. I mean, it's a cool show, but I don't look at it as a crutch... No emotional devastation here. <u> Gumball is my latest cartoon craze, anyway. ouo

To be honest, I haven't watched much stuff after S3...

The same thing I do when there is no new pony. Continue on with my life. You know... work, read, play games, watch other shows... the usual. My life never did revolve around FiM.

And truth be told, I don't think the end of FiM will even register for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, that's certainly something to think about. While MLP is an incredible show, and such great things have come of it and from the community it's created, I can't really say for sure as of right now what I'll do. Perhaps the same thing I would do after a really great day, just accept it and move on. Being sad about it really wouldn't help much, but I'll always have the memories, reruns, and friends that the show has given me. :)

Even when the show comes to an end, the community will likely keep on going for a number of years afterwards, which means I'll still have plenty of opportunities for fanfics, roleplays, art and comics.

But if all else fails, I'll have my DVDs.

I'll probably do what I do when something happens with the show existing:

• Tell all my pegasister friends that live near me
  • Talk about it with them
  • Make new random endings
  • Giggle for no/a very bad reason
  • Go home and analyze it
  • Sleep
  • Repeat

And then, it would hit me. Probably when I'm in bed and I can't sleep, because that's when I do all of my thinking. And I'd cry into my pillow.

I'll stay part of the fandom, and watch G5.

If there is one.

I admit that this show only became a fization for me at the begging of the year. If the series ended I will be sad, but I will linger in the fandom for a long time. Fanfictions and the eventual new show I'm sure hasbro will try to make will be something for me to look over in the future. If nothing comes however, then I'm sure I'd eventually find something new to enjoy. However, I admit I share the sentiment that there really is nothing else like this fandom out there. I would miss this community more then anything else. So few are as wide spread and kind as the MLP fandom.

Probably start towards crying at crying at first, before realizing that this would be stupid, and i should do what Twilight wants me to do, and continue leading all of these very very random people in my city (Students of course, middle school to high school) Who suddenly 'converted' to bronies when the guy they expected to be a sociopathic mass murderer actually turned out to be a brony. More or less they've turned into what can only be described as a cult which has its own little sub sections based on favorites. And of course, my favorite being Twilight, those that like Twilight have elevated themselves and act very much like priests of Friendship, and i am apparently the pope.

So... my plan. Genetically engineer ponies, and then take over zer vhole vorld vith ze ponies and ze Friendship!

The show is a big part of my life, and I would probably be pretty sad for a while. MLP has a habit of keeping me happy, which is something I appreciate. Still, we'd still have the fandom for a while, so I'd linger here until I got bored or the fandom died out completely. Then... just go on with my life, I guess.

Wow... Thats quite something.... JUST THINKING ABOUT IT RUINS SOMETHING....

But, in complete honesty, FIM was nothing more to me than a VERY major addiction. Like nutella and stuff, so when it ends, I would do what I always do when something I love ends.

I would lock myself in my room, cry for an hour maybe, take one last look at everything I have like posters and stuff. And probably just move on. I would still be a little mopey for the day though..

BESIDES! I have South Park to count on for comfort! :3

Also nutella! And my favorite youtubers! And TMNT! And Pokemon! And ..... you get the point... :D

I already have a contingency plan for this... It's called Anime. Unhealthy amounts of it. Dangerously unhealthy amounts of it. Plus, ponies opened paths for me in Anime aside from common Shounen. Without it, I might have never considered going full in without nudging from another person.

Though I'd probably flaunt my stuff for awhile. A far cry to a glorious age of expansion, and the day some people decided to defy common logic and watch a young girl's show with cutesy rainbows. Maybe I'll even throw a couple of references somewhere in life. Heck, my Steam name has a reference tag.

It may fall, and it may just make me shrug and go "okay, show's over", but I'll never forget the day I decided to do something other than being a lore nut for Warhammer 40k, a gamer, a history nut, and a military/gun/tank/warplane nut.

With most of the things I'm interested in, I'll just let it run until my attention strays away from it. There's always something new coming out and if I can't keep my head wrapped around MLP I'l just have to wrap it around something else. It's not too hard to pixel stuff nowadays so I can just move onto pixelling something else.

Archived