[WhiteTail Wood] A camping we will go! (Closed - OOC only)

ShadowWalking18

Nestled among the woods of Whitetail wood, away from the strappings of cities, where the pristine air of nature blew without pause nestled Whitetail Camp. A popular week camp for the fillies and colts of Equestria. Here the young youthful minds could get away from the at times boredom of society, and experience something new in their lives. Or perhaps give their parents a peaceful week away.

It was today that a batch of campers were already arriving, lead by their parents, older siblings or guardians. All around ponies gave last moment hugs of goodbye, as the colts and fillies carried their bags, ready to see what adventures awaited them.

Out of the ponies were two especially interesting individuals. Two griffons.

One, was a young griffonness, no older then the other fillies and colts here. A big purple bow adorned her head, which bobbed up and down as she hopped along, a backpack filled with all she needed. Following after her, was a small armadillo, with a same colored bow on its head.

Behind her, an older looking griffon followed, dragging two suitcases and his own bags on his back. Though it was hard to tell how old this griffon was, since he was obviously shorter then a normal griffon. His head only coming up to a full grown pony's chest, or the neck at least.

"EHHH! This is so exciting!" The griffonness cheered, "I'm really glad you let me come here Razor. You're the best brother ever!"

Razor, the older brother of the griffonness grunted as he finally set the bags down and breathed deeply. What did his sister pack!?

"Yeah well...this job would have been boring if all I had was ponies to teach flying or whatever activity they got me working on. Besides, I knew you would make my life a living nightmare if I didn't let you come." Razor said, stretching, "Anyway. I gotta go find my spot in the councilor building. So just uh...mingle Glimmer."

Glimmer nodded, moving to take her own suitcase, "Okie-dokie. Me and Lulubell will go see if we can make any new friends." She said, picking up the armadillo in her talon with a smile.

Razor nodded and moved on into the camp. He soon found himself at the councilor meeting room, and after dropping off his stuff at his own accommodations, walked in, seeing that a few others had already arrived.

Razor took a seat, apologizing for being late, and then listened to the head councilor give the usual run down of what was what and all that. Frankly, he just sort of blocked it out.

'All I gotta do is just teach some pony kids some activity. It's an easy thing, so I don't see why we gotta go through all this. What's the worse that can happen?' He thought to himself as he looked around at his fellow councilors.

Frdnlm6.png

The hustle and bustle of campers and parents attempting to get organized went completely unnoticed by one Earth Pony in particular, sauntering along the trail and whistling gaily under his breath. The sight of the tattoo-covered stallion was enough to draw the incredulous and worried gazes of several parents, along with curious and wide-eyed stares from some foals. He didn't stop in his path, only deigning to throw a cheeky wink at one particularly pretty mare - she was by herself. Big sister taking care of her little brother, maybe? - that he passed by, chuckling at the affronted glare he got in return.

Inkbrand couldn't be bothered getting upset, however. Considering the circumstances.

Circumstances that were, admittedly, not ones he would have normally been pleased to be in. After all, who actually volunteered giving up their time of day to chase after a bunch of rowdy foals in the middle of a forest? Mistral, that's who, who had gone and broken her wing at the last second like a bucking champion. Inkbrand had, of course, taken the required five minutes to point and laugh at his friend's misfortune, but the Pegasus' want not to leave a surprise gap in the roster of counselors had not gone unnoticed. And buck if he wasn't a sucker for a pretty face, especially if said face belonged to a good friend that would probably sucker punch him for thinking it.

So, what the hay. It would undoubtedly suck at times - case in point made as Inkbrand had to dodged to the side to avoid a set of twins plowing recklessly back down the trail towards their parents - but he was essentially getting a free camping trip to go relax and let loose in Whitetail Wood, maybe even cozy up next to a pretty mare while he was at it. If he had to spank a few foals along the way, well, that was just a small price to pay.

That's what the counselors and activity leaders did, right? Spank foals if they didn't listen to everything they said?

That would have to wait until later, it seemed, as Inkbrand had received instructions to attend a sort of orientation right at the sort. Probably needed to learn how to properly discipline foals, maybe. The grey stallion found the small building easily enough, could hear the drone of a lecturer or something inside, and without any preamble made his way towards the meeting room, grin widening as he confirmed the location. "Sorry doll, 'scuse me," the tattoo-clad stallion said unapologetically as he weaved his way inside, going straight through the most densely packed section of the room to end up on the other side. Inkbrand threw his duffel bag haphazardly into the seat next to him before sitting down himself, forelegs raising to cross behind his head as he lazily gazed at the speaker, only half-listening to what he was saying about safety regulations and proper first aid.

'Boring.'

kafyBGS.jpg

cute_hello_by_kitsune85-d7kj228.png

"Bye mom, bye dad," Watermelon Gush said to her parents as they hugged before the entrance to the camp. She lived only a short distance from Whitetail Wood in Solstice Heights but her parents wanted to make sure that the filly had a proper send off to camp. Watermelon had never been to a camp but all the talk of swimming, boating, and hiking excited her.

She then headed down the path, weighed down slightly by her sleeping bag, and other bags full of camping gear to the point that it looked liked a pile of stuff with green legs.

"Um... excuse me?" a muffled voice came from the pile to no pony in particular but hoping that there was another camper or counselor, "Does anypony know where my tent or cabin or wherever I'm sleeping at is?"

Crown Jewel was waiting for the counselors to exit their meeting and start sorting out the cacophony that was starting to develop. She had on her (extremely ugly) brown glasses with her nose in a novella held up by her forehoof, a decent distraction from the noise. Not that she minded it that much; social scenes like this were fun, if you knew anypony, which unfortunately ruled the young lady out. The only reason she was here was because her parents were on a month-long vacation in the Heights, far away from the bustle of Manehatten, that they had been planning for nearly a year. They had dropped her off at this semi-local camp as a means to have a couple of weeks on their own. Thus, she didn't know anypony here as far as she could tell in this early moment, and was quite content with that status for the first day of the trip.

"Um... excuse me? Does anypony know where my tent or cabin or wherever I'm sleeping at is?"

Jewel's attention was diverted from the adventures of Grey Stroke in the Frozen North by a muffled voice coming from somewhere near her- very near, if she could hear it over the conversations going on around them. She looked up and glanced back and forth near her, before sighing and turning around to look elsewhere- and promptly found herself muzzle to... bag with a terribly overburdened green filly with... were those seeds in her mane? She couldn't tell with all the baggage in the way, but this pony looked like she was colored like a watermelon! Beyond that, it became clear this was probably the pony who was asking for help. How in Tartarus could anypony see through that?

"I don't think anypony knows yet. But, um... are you okay?" Crown Jewel looked over the baggage, trying to find a pair of eyes to meet as was polite, but she wasn't having much luck. She held an incredulous look at the pack-pony, unable to resist asking the obvious. "Can you see in there?"

momobanner_zpsf1383960.png

Momo could hardly contain her excitement, she barely even remembered to hug her aunt and uncle goodbye before barreling down the trail. In her amethyst colored saddle bag was all the supplies she needed for camp. Her favorite book, a toothbrush, and a stack of cards with info for anyone interested in joining the T.O.W club. (Which stood for Take Over the World, of course.) In fact, camp was the perfect place to obtain more minions. It's one of the reasons why she asked her current guardians to let her join while they were in town. Well, 'ask' was sort of an understatement but either way, she was finally here! Momo slowed her pace and scanned the area through squinted eyes. It was an expression only a truly ingenious mastermind could pull off. Like the face of a scheming villain looking to in-act their brilliant plan. She didn't have one yet, but when she did, her face would be ready for it.

Her gaze landed on a small building. A white filly with a purple mane and glasses was talking to a lump of baggage with green legs. Her prior expression morphed into a wide grin and she galloped towards them with a resounding rumble of her heavy hooves, nearing just in time to catch the bespectacled filly ask the green pony if they could even see through that mess.

She intended to skid to a stop but instead caught her back leg on a stray branch and plummeted into the ground. She rolled beside them and quickly jumped to her hooves. "I'm okay!" She announced before turning her attention towards the lump of bags. She approached and peaked over alongside the bespectacled filly as if they were longtime friends. "Can ye breathe?" She asked the green pony, balancing on her tippy-hooves as best she could. "Why'd ye bring so much stuff?"

It was a wonder that Watermelon Gush could walk or even see at all being weighed down by so many camping supplies. In fact the only thing she could see was the ground that was directly below her. Her only hope was that she could find wherever her home for the time in camp would be without bowling over some unsuspecting pony or hurting herself. Her ears then perked up at the sound of another filly speaking near her, or maybe to her. She couldn't tell but she decided to be on the safe side and answer her.

"Oh they haven't heard yet either," Watermelon said which her voice was softened under the bags of things, "And I think I'm ok, except I think I over-packed. I'm Watermelon Gush. What's your name?"

Before an answer could be received, Watermelon heard the galloping sound of a pony approaching. As if on instinct the filly under the bags stepped out of the away as if to avoid being tackled and caught her hoof on a rock. Normally this wasn't enough to knock her over as she was a sure hoofed pony but the lopsided weight on the bags strapped to her made hitting the rock the final blow as she felt herself suddenly tip over until her hooves were off the ground. She realized that the entire load with her still attached rolled over and now she waved her hooves frantically like a scared turtle.

"I'm ok," she said to the other filly with the furry hooves, "and yes I can breathe fine. Um... can one of you untie me from here? I've fallen and I can't get up!"

It felt like it had taken forever, but Tripp Hardy's parents finally finished their colossally long lecture on all the things for her to do and not do while she was there (listen to the counselors, be nice to the other foals, don't go off alone, remember to brush your teeth, don't poke strange insects, mind your language, not one bit of backtalk to the counselors, and so on and so forth), and at last she was free to go charging off onto the campgrounds, totally free of hovering mom or dad! And that she did, the filly's short little legs pistoning along in an eager red blur as she took off from the carriage into whatever epic adventures awaited her.

She was here! After weeks of impatient fidgeting and totally unnecessary (to her, anyways) warning and instructions from her parents, she was finally here at camp, and now she could just cut loose and have the time of her life! Hiking! Exploring! Racing! S'mores and spooky stories by the campfire! Making a campfire! Making the biggest campfire ever! Swi--...maybe not swimming, not if it meant putting on those awful floaties mom had forced her to pack. But still! So much to do, so much to look forward to, and this Baltimare foal was determined to make it the most awesomely epic thing in her life, no matter who or what got in her way!

The filly, however, was promptly distracted from all her visions of 500% camptime fun as she skidded to a dust-raising halt next to...what looked like a green flailing turtle thing. Wait, no, that was just a pony stuck upside down to a heap of luggage that made even her hefty saddlebags, bedroll, and tent look light as a feather. "WHOA!" she blurted out, taking in the mess. "Who suckered you into carrying all that stuff??"

For the sake of obtaining her doctorate in Rock Sciences from Rockwington University, Maud Pie found herself having to do a curious number of unusual field work all over Equestria. She had given tours at a museum exhibit in Canterlot and even lead an expedition through the bitter northern expanses to explore a recently uncovered cave. The idea of acting as a counsellor at a camp for foals was something she was unsure she was prepared for, however. Maud knew little of talking to children. She hadn't really been around foals since her younger sisters had grown, and even there foals raised on a rock farm she was sure were different to other children. She was honestly not sure how the children would respond to her teaching... but Professor Stonebeak had recommended the job to her and promised some credits for her undertaking it. All she could do was try her best to perform as well as she could.

So she sat there in a seat in the meeting room with the other counsellors, not really saying anything or doing much. She listened to the drone of a stallion speaking of safety regulations and first aid measures. She made careful mental note of the things he said for the future, wanting to be sure that she knew how to do the job right. At times she'd look at the other counsellors, slightly interested as to who they were and what their circumstances might be. Two of the more interesting seeming were two of the later to arrive, a relatively small male griffon and a stallion covered in tattoos. The griffon stood out because they were rare in these parts, though they had become a daily sight for Maud studying in Aquellia. The stallions stood out both because of his unusual looks and the fact that he seemed determined to pay as little attention to the lecturer as possible. Both sat fairly near to Maud, but she didn't bother to say anything. Instead she just stared ahead blankly.

Sweet Celestia! But how could one pony make something sound soooooooooooooo boring! All the safety regulations and first aid and cabin assignments and goodness knows what else. Frankly Razor decided that if he had to listen to a safety lecture to know how to take care of a group of kids, he hadn't been paying attention to life.

'Goodness, it's the easiest thing in the world. Keep their hooves and claws out of trouble and make sure they don't get eaten by bears.' Razor thought as he unfurled a wing and preened some of the feathers that were getting a little crooked.

He took a glance around at blinked when he saw the tattooed covered stallion. He felt sure he had seen this guy before. Though he was getting a slight headache when he tried to remember. Something about perfume though came to mind.

There was also a....rather dull, color wise, mare. Razor actually found himself staring at her. Normally a very unlikely thing, given his gynophobia, but this mare was.....odd. Razor usually counted himself a good judge of character, and his predatory instincts always gave him a good clear idea of what somepony or griffon was feeling. But this mare was....blank! He couldn't get a read on her! She just sat there....staring!

'Nopony should be that....nonchalant? Neutral?' Razor thought. This pony was odd.

Finally all the lectures were done, and everyone was given a sheet with their activity locations in the camp, as well as a map of the camp and various other papers that frankly, Razor wouldn't bother looking over cause he felt sure it was just boring stuff.

He checked the clock and noticed that at least a good hour had passed by now. All the kids would probably be getting their cabins in place. Which meant his sister was probably already adding more friends to her list of friends. He just hoped that none of them were over the top.

-----------------------

Glimmer looked around at all the kids, there were so many new friends to make! And some cute colts too. She looked up at her pet Armadillo, who was also staring at the various fillies and colts...or maybe she was looking for a good bug to eat. Glimmer had a hard time telling since she was sitting on her head.

"I'm ok," she said to the other filly with the furry hooves, "and yes I can breathe fine. Um... can one of you untie me from here? I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Glimmer gasped! Someone needed help! Super Glimmer to the rescue! She quickly pounced over, flapping her wings once to give her a good boost and landed right next to the distressed filly.

"Oh dear. Here, I'll help." She said, and grabbed offending backpack, careful not to let her talons tear into the fabric and helped slip Watermelon Gush out of the entrapping travel material.

"Gracious me. This is a lot of stuff. Are you okay?" She asked, dusting Watermelon off a bit with a wing.

"Oh I'm Glimmer. Nice to meet you." She added with a smile, offering a talon out.

She intended to skid to a stop but instead caught her back leg on a stray branch and plummeted into the ground. She rolled beside them and quickly jumped to her hooves. "I'm okay!" She announced before turning her attention towards the lump of bags. She approached and peaked over alongside the bespectacled filly as if they were longtime friends. "Can ye breathe?" She asked the green pony, balancing on her tippy-hooves as best she could. "Why'd ye bring so much stuff?"

Glimmer looked to the other pony's around the distressed over packed filly, and gasped when she saw them! Furry hooves! They were soooooo cute! She didn't think pony hooves did that! Oh that looked soft and fuzzy!

She found herself quickly turning and grabbing one of the hooves in her talons and just...rubbing them. They were soft! She giggled, but stopped and stepped away with a blush when she realized her behavior. It was not becoming of a lady! Her mother would have a heart attack if she could see this!

"Oh um...sorry. I'm Glimmer. A pleasure to meet you." She said, quickly recovering and offering her talon out. All while keeping her posture straight and her tone ladylike. Just like mama taught her!

"I don't think anypony knows yet. But, um... are you okay?" Crown Jewel looked over the baggage, trying to find a pair of eyes to meet as was polite, but she wasn't having much luck. She held an incredulous look at the pack-pony, unable to resist asking the obvious. "Can you see in there?"

The filly, however, was promptly distracted from all her visions of 500% camptime fun as she skidded to a dust-raising halt next to...what looked like a green flailing turtle thing. Wait, no, that was just a pony stuck upside down to a heap of luggage that made even her hefty saddlebags, bedroll, and tent look light as a feather. "WHOA!" she blurted out, taking in the mess. "Who suckered you into carrying all that stuff??"

There were so many different ponies to meet. But still, why didn't they help the other filly?

"Oh hello, I'm Glimmer. And this is my pet Lulamoon." She said, removing the Armadillo from her head and setting her down, which she quickly rolled up into a ball. Glimmer giggled, she was such a shy creature.

Before she could say anything else though, camp staff members had arrived to help guide the ponies to their respective cabins. The boys and girls would be separate of course.

"Oh. Looks like its time. Maybe we will all be assigned the same cabin. Ehhh that be fun!" She said, picking up Lulamoon and hopping over to Watermelon Gush.

"Say um, I can help you carry your stuff if you want?" She said, taking note of the rather large amount of stuff the filly had.

Crown Jewel would never cease to be amazed at how quickly a conversation could go from being one-on-one to a group affair. No sooner had she started talking to Watermelon Gush when another filly crashed the party- quite literally. Jewel felt the ground shake when she approached, and turned to face the noise just in time to jump in fright at the filly-sized freight train that tumbled past them, and then rolled quickly back onto her hooves.

"I'm okay! Can ye breathe? Why'd ye bring so much stuff?"

Once she recovered from the shock, Jewel couldn't help but be a little impressed at the speedy recovery from such an ungraceful entrance. She was even more impressed at the newcomer's lung capacity as she rattled on to Watermelon Gush. A quick look over the stocky, monochrome (yet still oddly colorful in Jewel's opinion) foal told her that this girl was probably from the country, not that she minded. A lady had to be open minded, after all, and she certainly knew how to talk!

"WHOA! Who suckered you into carrying all that stuff??"

And then another filly skidded into the conversation, kicking up a dust cloud that had Jewel coughing for a few seconds. She didn't care about her coat that much, it got messed up on it's own regardless, but she did like to breathe, thank you very much. This one was a smaller, cuddly looking foal with a brick coat and rather dazzling blue eyes. She looked kinda cute, if Jewel was honest with herself, but it wouldn't do to broadcast that opinion, especially since this pony seemed much more blunt than the others. Jewel sighed, tapping a hoof to her forehead; all these newcomers and not a moment to think about-

"Oh um...sorry. I'm Glimmer. A pleasure to meet you."

Oh look, another camper. A griffon, of all things, too! Jewel was all for social scenes, but so many new ponies (and griffons) in such a short time! The poor filly was having trouble keeping up, and she hated not being able to keep pace with a conversation. Jewel shut her book with an audible 'thump' between her hooves, not even bothering to mark her place, and put on her best 'I'm trying to be nice' smile. "Charmed. I'm Crown Jewel, and it's a pleasure to meet... uh, all of you." Jewel couldn't escape a deadpan tone, and winced after she spoke; that sounded way more jerk-ish than she meant it to. Very unladylike. She didn't mean it, she was just a little annoyed and a little lost, is all!

Thankfully (or not), she was saved by the proverbial bell: the counselors were rounding up the ponies to assign them to their cabins. Glimmer, the newest arrival, seemed to hope that they all would end up in the same one, and Jewel honestly shared the sentiment: she felt like a pony's butt after that rude introduction, and wanted to make it up to them. Plus, all four of them seemed pretty nice and all of them had quirks that made Jewel want to get to know them better. Maybe she could make some friends here after all!

"Who suckered you into carrying all that stuff??"

Watermelon Gush tried to turn to see who was talking to her but her body was so firmly strapped to the heaping mound that she could only tilt her head to make out another filly standing there. It was a shock at first seeing all these ponies so willing to meet her upon first entering camp but she guessed it was because of her cuteness. That and probably the fact she was flailing on top of a pack that was as big as her, maybe bigger!

"Um... no pony made me carry their stuff. This is all my stuff I brought."

"Oh dear. Here, I'll help."

It was then that Watermelon Gush saw a familiar sight of a female griffon approaching. She retracted a bit seeing the talons coming towards her even though she knew that the griffon was trying to help. With a few straps undone the filly rolled off the pack and landed on all four hooves with as much grace as a cat.

"Oh thank you for getting me free. Guess I shouldn't have packed so much. Say you look familiar, oh yeah I met you at that cider stand with your brother. You name is Glimmer right?"

She finally got to see all of the ponies and griffon who had come to see her and she felt a sense of pride that her cuteness had attracted so many. Still it was kind of an awkward way to meet the other campers.

"Oh, hi everypony I'm Watermelon Gush, but you can call me Watermelon like the fruit and just as sweet!"

"Come on mom..." Gale Force said with a groan standing outside the entrance to the camp in her thick Manehattan accent, "Do I really have ta go to dis camp?"

"Honey, we've been through this. Your father and I tink dat you need some time away from the city for a while. Plus maybe you'll find some new friends here."

"But mom..."

"No buts young lady," her father said, "It's time that you see there's more to life than your block."

"Fine," the griffon sighed while rolling her eyes and with a surprise hug by her parents and a pack of essentials for camping on her back she was pushed over the threshold and into camp.

"Here goes nuttin."

Momo grimaced when the burdened filly tripped on a rock and toppled over, but couldn't help but giggle at the sight of upside-down legs flailing from the mound of bags. "Sorry. Ye just look so funny!"

She noticed a brick red filly had also approached the ever expanding group. At this rate, if she managed to befriend everypony here, she'd have lots of new minions! A good way to start befriending them would be to help this poor filly out of those bags! However, before she could aid the little pony, a young griffon floated down beside them. She helped the pony out and introduced herself as Glimmer. The green filly was pulled from the pile and Momo finally got to see what she looked like. Her mane was red and had little black seeds in it. When she introduced herself as Watermelon Gush, Momo could tell that she wasted no time fully living up to her name.

The griffon suddenly took one of Momo's hooves in her talons and petted it while giggling. Momo laughed too. She was used to others wanting to pet her fuzzy hooves. The little filly was pretty proud of them actually. They've lured in many minions before! Glimmer soon backed away, blushing and extending her claw. "Oh um...sorry. I'm Glimmer. A pleasure to meet you.

Momo shook her talon with a wide grin. "Nice ta met ye too!"

The white filly answered the greeting as well, and introduced herself as Crown Jewel. Momo nodded in acknowledgement "I'm Momo! It's short for Motor Mouth, which isn't my real name, but it's what everypony calls me."

When Glimmer introduced her pet, Momo had no idea how, but she didn't even notice the armadillo on her head before! After being placed on the ground, it curled into a ball and Momo's expression became sympathetic. "Awww."

Soon enough, the adults arrived and started coaxing everypony to their assigned dwellings. Looks like the ball had officially started rolling. She watched as Glimmer offered to help Watermelon with her bags. There was so much stuff that even with someone else helping, it would still be a daunting task. The filly trotted up to the two.

"I'd be happy ta help ya as well! I can't imagine how ye managed to get all the way here without fallin' over like a wee little turtle."

Oh, right. She probably should have offered to help the other filly out of those bags, since she'd been right there and all. At least another griffon--one about her age, whoa what an actual griffon how cool was that?!--beat her to it, so she didn't need to bother. Although...why would anypony willingly bring that much stuff with them?? Hay, even her own comics and candy bags didn't take up that much space in her saddlebags!

"Oh um...sorry. I'm Glimmer. A pleasure to meet you."

"Oh, hi everypony I'm Watermelon Gush, but you can call me Watermelon like the fruit and just as sweet!"

"Charmed. I'm Crown Jewel, and it's a pleasure to meet... uh, all of you."

"I'm Momo! It's short for Motor Mouth, which isn't my real name, but it's what everypony calls me."

...well that was a lot of names to keep up with. But at least it wasn't a LOT lot. Not yet, at least--Tripp could probably work with this. "Name's Tripp," the tiny filly said in her most casually dismissive voice, doing her best to look and sound like a cool older pony (and from an outward perspective, probably just looking like a heavy-lidded, frowny-faced foal with adorably fuzzy cowlicks). "Tripp Hardy. But you lot can just call me Tripp, if that floats your boat." She went to finish off this savvy introduction with a lazy toss of the head, intending to flip her pigtails neatly behind her shoulders. Really, though, they were short enough that they just kind of flapped back over to smack her cheek, to her mild annoyance. At least by that point it looked like the counselors were approaching to lead the kids to their places, so there was that bit of distraction to cover up her flub.

"Finally!" Tripp exclaimed loudly, forgetting to keep up the bored act. "I can't wait to put all this stuff down, wherever we're staying." A pause. "...where exactly is that, again?" she blankly questioned out loud to nopony in particular, overlooking the lack of cabins or tent locations having actually been assigned yet.

• 3 weeks later...
Frdnlm6.png

"Can't remember the last time I had to use mouth-to-mouth. Don't think it would hurt to get some practice in - you?"

For once, Inkbrand couldn't blame the startled look the pretty mare sitting next to him threw in his direction. Of course he'd been given an orientation and training period before the camp officially started, and presumably, so had every other counselor or activity leader in his camp. But she didn't need to know that - after all, he hadn't been on the official roster until recently, as a last minute substitute for Mistral.

Though, the chances of him being reported for unsafe safety regulations and preparations were now fairly high.

Reports or not, the mare chose to shuffle awkwardly away from him, which was just as well - the lecturer finally let up with their instructions handed out. The beginning would be a little bit of a free-for-all, if Inkbrand was hearing correctly. Mostly, just getting all the little ponies squared away, helping them find their respective cabins and whatnot, then assigning counselors and leaders to their cabins would come later. Or, was it all the adults paired with pretty much all the ponies? Inkbrand wondered if he should have been paying a bit more attention, but the thought quickly left his mind as the mare from earlier walked by, shooting him a worried glare before exiting the building.

Well, then.

Inkbrand didn't need any more invitation as he exited along with the others, eyebrows raising slightly as he caught sight of a rather severe looking, dull purple mare walking nearby him. Well…perhaps 'severe' wasn't exactly the correct word. Severe was the bun-wearing librarian who had constantly chased him out of the library when he was a colt in primary. This mare's sharp and perfectly molded looks reminded him of that librarian, but her expression…Inkbrand hadn't even been aware a pony could look that bored of life.

Too bad August wasn't here. They could have had a fun time coming up with a tragic backstory for the mare that had caused her to become numb to the world at large.

But, no time for that now, Important Things to be doing. Buck, there were a lot of little fillies here, which almost made Inkbrand want to shake his head in disappointment at his gender. He'd have figured a lot more colts would be running around, screaming, pulling at fillies' manes, and making a general mess of things. Like real stallions. The grey stallion supposed that might make this foal sitting thing easier to deal with, but fillies brought their own set of problems, like crying, feelings, screaming over bugs, and maybe some more crying.

And then, there were the fillies that were in a league of their own. The no-nonsense, downright crazy, beat a colt into the dust for innocently borrowing some milk money from the class nerd types.

…Hmm. Not that Inkbrand had any particular experience with those types, or anything. The tattoo-clad stallion shook his head slightly, before alighting on a huddle of small fillies that were so engrossed in their conversation that Inkbrand wouldn't have been all that surprised if they had been planning world domination.

"Good little boys and girls find their cabins and don't stand in the middle of the pathway," the tattoo-clad stallion announced as he trot up to the small group, sunglasses affixed firmly on his face and duffel thrown haphazardly over one shoulder. They looked just like a little herd of sheep - lambs? - milling about and not entirely sure what to do. Kind of cute. Inkbrand grinned and tossed his head in the direction of the cabins, a little walk away from the entrance of the camping grounds. "Come on come on, can't' be burning daylight standing around out here. Way more fun to be had once we all get settled, eh?" Without any preamble, Inkbrand lowered his head in an effort to give the group at large a nudge in the right direction, herding them like a sheepdog might do to a pack of cows.

Herd. Whatever.

One filly in particular, a fruity colored one that rather looked like a watermelon, had an extreme excess of bags laying on the ground. Seemed like the other fillies and griffons had been attempting to help her out. Inkbrand couldn't help rolling his eyes slightly - hadn't the campers been given limitations on how many bags they could have? - but moved forward to scoop up a good amount of the bags around his neck, before continuing to herd the small group down the pathway. Other campers, counselors, and activity leaders were doing the same, and with hardly any cries and shouts from young ponies already missing their parents.

Thank bucking Celestia for that.

"So, any of you fillies in Moondrop Cabin?" Inkbrand asked absently as the path began opening up into the main camping site, the cabins resting on the eastern edge. "S'my cabin group, which means it's going to be the coolest one, of course." He had originally assumed that female counselors would be assigned the girl cabins and same for the boys, but seeing how many fillies there were in comparison to colts, it was entirely possible some male counselors might have been assigned to filly cabins.

Well, counselors and leaders slept in their own cabins anyways, so he supposed it really mattered little. He'd at least drop off these bags to whatever cabin the watermeloned pony had been assigned to, before heading off to find his own campers.

[[ I god-modded quite a bit to try and help move the RP along. Also made some assumptions about the cabin assignments and such. If I need to change anything, just let me know! ]]

kafyBGS.jpg

Watermelon Gush heard the sound of a nearby filly giggling and turned to see a brown pony smiling and apologizing for laughing at her.

"Oh don't worry," Watermelon replied, "Guess I did look kind of funny as a pile of stuff with legs. As to how I got here, my parents took my stuff here on a cart and then after saying goodbye to me loaded my up with this stuff. Thankfully I only had to walk from the entrance to here or else I don't know how I'd be able to get here!"

Up until now the watermelon hued pony didn't realize how many others were there until she got oriented. The odd thing was there were all fillies here! Maybe the colts had their own meeting area somewhere. Watermelon didn't mind as long as she had some nice ponies to meet. Her mind focused on all the names of her fellow campers, hoping to remember them all throughout the time there.

"Good little boys and girls find their cabins and don't stand in the middle of the pathway," Watermelon heard from a clearly male voice as she turned around to meet the first counselor she could see. This one was interesting looking with tattoos running down his legs and a look on his face that he was just as curious of the fillies as Watermelon was of him. The filly eagerly wanted to get going but then realized that her mountain of stuff still lay on the road. Getting strapped on the pile took at least a half hour of careful stacking and securing. Thankfully the stallion and a few other counselors helped out.

"Thanks for helping," she said to the stallion and others, "My parents kind of over-packed. I don't suppose anypony here needs a delux sized tent or an inflatable raft, do they?"

"So, any of you fillies in Moondrop Cabin?"

The watermelon hued filly thought about that letter that she got from home welcoming her to camp, particularly the area where it mentioned the cabin name. Then it dawned on her like a morning at the farm.

"I'm in Moondrop! Guess that makes you my counselor, doesn't it?"

When the meeting adjourned, Maud left with the other counsellors to go and meet the fillies and colts they would be overseeing. None of the others spoke to her along the way, so she said not a word. She just stepped ahead slowly with an entirely impassive, stony expression on her face. When they arrived at a site where a number of foals were assembled, the tattooed stallion she had noticed before took charge in trying to corral the kids. He was maybe a little forceful in approach, but seemed to be doing okay with it.

She stepped ahead herself slowly. "I am the counsellor for Sunstone Cabin. If that is your designated cabin, follow me..." she said without discernible emotion, staring at the children blankly. She wondered for a moment what the foals might think of someone like her...

"Well time to grab the kids I'm with." Razor said as he looked around at the kids. Goodness there were a lot of fillies. He felt bad for the few colts he saw around. Lucky for them he and the tattooed pony could offer them...well maybe he at least could offer this colts a real masculine role model.

"Alright kids. If you are in Skydrop Cabin follow me." Razor called over to the kids, waiting to see who comes with him.

-----

Glimmer smiled as she looked around. Oh so many new friends.

Then the cabin leaders called for them join up. Naturally all the kids were given lists of which cabin they were in. So Glimmer looked at hers.

"Hmmm. I'm in...oh Sunstone!" She said, and hopped over to the councilor that called for Sunstoners. As she did, she stopped and looked at the mare in question who was her councilor.

Glimmer stared at her blankly, blinking only once. 'Wow she is....gray....' She thought.

Once more she was surprised to see that she was not with her brother. Usually she was always somehow with her brother on camp trips.

"I sure hope he doesn't freak out.'

-----

When the red filly introduced herself as Tripp Hardy, Momo realized she knew everypony's name now. That's always a good thing. Especially when you're trying to make minions. Er... friends.

Then Tripp brought up a legitimate question. Where are they staying, anyways? Her camping guide book had assigned her to a 'Moondrop' cabin but she didn't know which one to go to. As she scanned the area, a new and much older voice reach her ears.

"Good little boys and girls find their cabins and don't stand in the middle of the pathway,"

When she turned her gaze in the direction of the voice, what she saw made her eyes twinkle in awe. The bandanna, the tattoos, the piercings. He was... so awesome! She wasn't expecting a counselor to be this cool! Momo gazed at the tattoos, not completely comprehending his words for the moment. Something about burning daylight... Wow, even his cutie mark looked like a tattoo! How cool is that!?

When he nudged them in the direction of the cabins, she was more than happy to comply. She grabbed as many of Watermelon Gush's bags as she could and happily followed his lead down the pathway, gazing at him like she just met a famous celebrity.

"So, any of you fillies in Moondrop Cabin? S'my cabin group, which means it's going to be the coolest one, of course."

She gave an excited gasp. Her cabin is Moondrop! She was the luckiest filly ever! As if she just won a thousand bits, she threw her hoof into the air and squeaked. "Oh oh! I'm Moondrop! Yay!" She giggled and bounced on her hooves, causing the ground to shake. "This is going to be so awesome! Yer tattoos and earrings and stuff are so cool, Mister! I wanna get some when I grow up. How old do I have to be? Does it hurt? Ye must go on so many awesome adventures!" She gasped and stopped in front of him, eyes glistening with a dead serious expression. "Are ye a pirate?!"

It's amazing how perfect of a minion he'd be! With Celestia as her witness, she'll make him join the T.O.W club before this camping trip is over!

Oh.

Celestia.

WOW.

Tripp had seen SOME tattoos in her little life, living in a harbor town with sailors and all, but they had always been pretty small, and covered up sometimes by a mane or coat sleeve. Not a one of those wimpy sailor markings held water now to the immense web of marks and sharp curvy rippy lines branding this grown-up pony that had just...shown up. Compared to all those sailors, this gray stallion looked so much more daunting, more aggresive, more...more...

AWESOME.

Just as Tripp was starting to wonder if her parents would let her get something like that for her own coat, though, the word "Skydrop" sounded and yanked her out of her momentary slack-jawed awe. Apparently the call for Skydrop Cabin had come from--oh--NOT the epic tattooed stallion, but a griffon instead, which was ALMOST as cool and an acceptable substitute. Really, how many other foals would be able to brag years from now about having a griffon as a camp counselor?

"ME! Me, I'm Skydrop! I'm in Skydrop Cabin! Me!" The watermelon filly and her mess of bags shoved promptly out of mind, Tripp Hardy hitched up her saddlebags and charged over to skid in front of said griffon. "So we're dropping off our stuff now, right?" the tiny filly spouted out, not bothering to bottle up her bubbling excitement for coolness' sake this time. "What's next after that ? Hiking? Campfires? Racing? What are we doing next, huh?!"

Gale Fore arrived just in time to see the group of fillies meet up with several counselors who started to divide them up and take them to their respective cabins. There would be time for her to meet them in camp, but now the questions on the griffon's mind were what her cabin was and more importantly who the counselor and her fellow cabin mates were.

"Oh, duh," Gale said smacking herself on her feathered forehead as she plucked a paper sticking out of her one camping bag. She hoped that she'd get to stay in Skydrop where there at least was a griffon as a counselor. Opening the paper her heart sank slightly as it read: Sunstone. Well not having a griffon counselor wouldn't be too bad. It was then that she saw the grey earth pony mare standing there as the counselor for Sunstone. Oh great, the pony looked like a strict one with her stony gaze. Or maybe she was just tired. Gale Force couldn't tell. Well there was no use digging her talons into the ground in protest.

"Err... hi," she said to the purple manned mare, "I'm Gale Force. Looks like I'm in your cabin ... I guess."

Luckily her mood brightened as she saw there was indeed a griffon who would be bunking with her.

"Hi there," she said mustering up some excitement, "The name's Gale Force. Wot's your name?"

• 2 weeks later...
Frdnlm6.png

So the fruit gal was in his cabin. So long as she had packed plenty on snacks in her trillion and one bags, that was all fine and dandy by him.

"Guess that does, sweetheart," Inkbrand quipped back, pausing to heft some of the bags higher over his shoulders before they slipped off. "And as your counselor, we're going to have a long and serious talk about traveling with just the basic necessities." The grey stallion threw a wink down at the watermelon-colored filly to prove the innocuousness of his statement, but the way he had to pull forward against more gravity than normal spoke otherwise. Seriously, what the buck was she hauling around here? Unpacking sure was going to be a treat.

And by treat, he meant anything but.

Still, the group of fillies seemed well enough, many of them piping up as first mare, than the griffon counselors he had spotted earlier began calling out to their own groups. Ouch. Inkbrand had to stifle a snicker at the ones who were apparently assigned to the librarian mare, looking about as exciting as a stick in the mud. He couldn't wait to see that counselor attempt to motivate her cabin nestlings into sports or crafts, or anything else.

The tattoo-clad stallion's musings were cut short, however, as one the fillies - buck, her purple eyes were so large they were liable to eat her face at any moment - started rambling at a very fast pace, eyes alight as she gazed up at him. Inkbrand couldn't help raising an eyebrow and puffing out his chest a little as she continued running her mouth. He couldn't be sure, but he thought she was complimenting his tattoos. Hay yeah, even toddlers knew the artistic value of a cool looking tat. Her sudden halt in front of him, though, was enough for Inkbrand to slide the sunglasses halfway down his nose, lips quirking further upward as her rather serious questionnaire took a sudden swashbuckling turn.

"That's right," he stated in just as serious a tone, golden eyes narrowed as he leaned his head down to be more on level with the filly's, "best and most feared pirate along the seven seas of Eqestria! The grey stallion suddenly raised both eyebrows, eyes widening as his voice dropped to a conspiratorial whisper. "And you know what a pirate does with your booty if you don't listen to him, don't you?" A slight pause for dramatic effect, before -

"They spank 'em!" Inkbrand roared, sending several nearby campers panicking at the familiar threat. The grey stallion ended up giving chase to those that attempted to run, as best he could ladened down with pounds of dead weight. He probably ended up looking like a penguin waddling along the shoreline at a brisk pace, but it got the job done - Moondrop cabin was in sight.

With a loud groan, Inkbrand ended up essentially collapsing on the floor, leaning his head down to let the bags slide off him and into an ungainly heap right in the center of the cabin. It was a fairly small space - only four bunks per cabin, it looked like, with room in between for the fillies to run around a bit. There was also a small writing desk stationed near the entrance, though Inkbrand sincerely doubted any of them would be finding time to write to parents during this camping trip. Rolling his shoulders, the grey stallion gave the discarded bags a slight nudge with one hoof, before whirling around to face the fillies that were under his charge for the trip, pushing the sunglasses on top of his head.

"The name's Inkbrand - that's Mr. Ink or IB to you, yeah?" he declared, strutting back and forth like a general might do to his troops. "Rules are no fun, and you absolutely need to have fun, so here's the bottom line - you do what I say, when I say it, and we'll have loads of fun, got it?" Inkbrand waited for an affirmative, before snapping a hoof towards the watermelon colored filly. "Role call, mares and gentlecolts! Starting with you, sweetie - name, favorite snack, your best activity, and one suggestion to make Moondrop Cabin to coolest cabin in WhiteTail Woods!"

kafyBGS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Watermelon stared up at the stallion as they made it to the cabin. She knew that there was too much stuff she took with her, but it really wasn't her doing. Her parents were by far the most prepared pair of parent ponies that the filly ever knew. There were practical things like bedding and snacks and things to get ready for the day. Then there were items to prepare for all manner of safety like rain gear, scuba gear, a massive winter coat in case of a sudden blizzard, and even an inflatable raft! Why Watermelon Gush could swear that somewhere in those bags there was a shark repellant!

Oh, well my parents packed me with everything I needed and everything they thought I needed and everything that I didn't even think that I thought I needed! But really I only need a few of these."

With that she grabbed a single bag of bedding and healthcare things a similar sized bag that sounded like lots of little things in it, and a bag that looked to be dripping water.

"The name's Inkbrand - that's Mr. Ink or IB to you, yeah?" he declared, strutting back and forth like a general might do to his troops. "Rules are no fun, and you absolutely need to have fun, so here's the bottom line - you do what I say, when I say it, and we'll have loads of fun, got it?"

The directions sounded simple enough, listen to him and have fun.

"Ok Mr. B," Watermelon said with a salute.

"Role call, mares and gentlecolts! Starting with you, sweetie - name, favorite snack, your best activity, and one suggestion to make Moondrop Cabin to coolest cabin in WhiteTail Woods!"

Now was the time to show who she was. First impressions were lasting impressions after all.

"I'm Watermelon Gush, Princess of Watermelons," she said with a grin, "And I brought my favorite snack here today! And you all are welcome to have some!"

Unzipping the leaking bag a blast of cold air filled the cabin as the filly revealed slices of watermelon packed in ice for safe travel. With that taken care of Watermelon addressed the other questions.

"Favorite activity..." she replied tapping a hoof to her muzzle, "I have lots of fun things i like to do, but probably the best thing I like is hiking through the woods. There's so much to see there! Oh, and you asked how to make this cabin cooler right? Well, meeting all these new ponies is cool, and of course being friendly to each other."

• 1 month later...

Momo practically held her breath as she waited for an answer. When he said 'yes' to being a pirate, she could hardly contain her excitement. Not only that, but he was apparently the best and most feared pirate in the seven seas! This was the greatest camping trip ever! She was about to unleash a flurry of dialogue but was interrupted by a question from the pirate pony.

"And you know what a pirate does with your booty if you don't listen to him, don't you?"

"Ummm."

"They spank 'em!"

Momo giggled as she watched him chase after the fillies that tried to scurry away. She puffed up and placed a hoof on her chest. "Don't worry, Mr. Pirate. I'll be ye loyal first mate."

When they arrived at the cabin, Momo sighed. "Whew." She sat the bags on the floor just as Mr. Pirate was addressing the crew. He walked back and forth like a captain and called himself Inkbrand. Once he laid down all the rules, Momo gave a salute alongside Watermelon Gush, hearing the filly call Inkbrand 'Mr. B.' She liked that, but it needed a little more pizazz.

"Ay ay captain B!"

Momo watched intently as Watermelon Gush responded to his roll call. When she offered up some watermelon, Momo's mouth watered. She's been wanting watermelon ever since she met this filly. She raised her hoof. "Oh, oh! I would like some of that." Wait... something was missing. Oh yeah. "Please."

When Watermelon mentioned hiking in the woods, Momo piped up again. "Ooooh I like hiking in the woods too."

Once she felt like Watermelon was done answering the questions, she almost began with her own version until she realized Captain B didn't address her yet. She sucked in her bottom lip and stared at him with wide, sparkling eyes. Keep it together, Momo. You can do this. Just hold your tongue and wait your turn....

Archived