History Length

Slazer

I'm presently drafting a new OC for Canterlot Chronicles, and I've really gotten into the swing of it. Perhaps a bit too much so, honestly: his History section, while (hopefully) incredibly detailed and explaining exactly why this character became who he is, has become pretty bloody long- 1,700 words at present, and pushing even further than that as I near the last details. This is far and away longer than I intended.

My question here is if this is too long to submit for consideration, and if so, how should I go about trimming it up?

EDIT:

I just realized I probably put this in the wrong subsection of the Questions forum. Um, whoops? :blush:

Yeah, try to condense it. Include the most important parts in your history, the ones most relevant to the formation of the character's personality, but remember that not EVERY SINGLE LITTLE THING about a character has to be included in their app. If it feels like you're condensing too much, don't worry about it. The RPH that handles your app will let you know if you do need to add more (though it sounds like that won't be a problem).

I'm attempting to condense it, but the thing is that this profile is for an antagonist- my first one submitted for this site, in fact. His concept, and especially his personality, requires I be very thorough in explaining how he became how he is in order for him to be believable. Particularly the fact that I'm angling for a character who is somepony to hate, but also to pity.

Nevertheless, I'm going to do my darnedest to cut what I can. After finishing up all the details, the History section clocks in at 2,313 words (according to OpenOffice's word counter), so it desperately needs it. I'll have a WIP application up sometime soon; hopefully someone can help me touch things up and trim things down further at that point.

Archived