is discord really Starswirl the bearded

Is discord really Starswirl the bearded.  

11 members have voted

1. 1. what i think is down there

• Yes
    • No

I been seeing things that says that discord is really starswirl the bearded and i want to heard what everypony has to here about that there is as i see it one reason that seems real and one reason that seems fake.

Reason one that its fake discord has exist for centurys as far as we know i believe 2 century before the series as seen in a flashback by Princess Twilight.

Reason one that its real as many ponies says and makes cannons on it starswirl the bearded it is a backfire from his spell that princess Celestia send Twilight at season 3 final.

But i still kinda don't believe that because if thats the case why wouldn't he change back when. He understood ture friendship i see two reasons 1. discord lies that he doesn't think them as friends

2.that part of the spell is unreverseable.

so what do you ponies think of it. I also don't really read head cannons just so you know

Nice try, but you know that Celestia actually knew Starswirl and studied under him? And apparently long after Discord was sealed too. Read IDW comics.

The comics are not necessarily decisive canon, Ciraxis. Yes, they're fun, and could easily fit in-universe to the show, but there's no reason to think they're decisive canon unless the show confirms something seen in the comics.

As for Star Swirl turning into Discord after using that spell he tried to creat, it's a fun fan theory, but it's not my personal headcanon.

Also it's worth noting that Twilight's flashback in the s4 opener that showed Discord was still only around a thousand years before the current time frame of the show, not two thousand. Like, Discord, Sombra, and Nightmare Moon all first happened in relatively quick succession about a thousand years before the show starts.

Hm... interesting question, but I'm going to have to say no (I haven't read the comics either, keep that in mind)

You see, I would say yes, I mean that would make a lot of sense. In Magical Mystery Cure, Celestia said that the spell Star swirl wrote was unfinished because he didn't understand friendship. Which gives us fans the idea that maybe when he created the spell and not understand friendship, something went horribly wrong and turned him into the Discord we all know. But there's a couple of things that would make this untrue (warning: this is going to get headcannony) First, in Keep Calm and Flutter on, Fluttershy reforms Discord (well duh) But think about that- if in that episode, he finally understood what it was like to have a friend, then don't you think something woudl've happened? Like the spell would be reversed and he would change back in to Star Swirl. I dunno, that's mostly speculation. Second, if Discord was Star Swirl, then why would he have a wing in the Canterlot archives and a traveling museum dedicated to him?

So yeah, I don't think Discord is Star Swirl. Where Discord actually did come from, I don't really know. My guess is that its more of the heavy symbolism that MLP has, pretty much saying that if there's Elements of Harmony, there must be an opposite force that harmony will have to overcome- chaos. So I think that wherever the heck those elements came from (or the tree) then Discord probably came from there too.

Ah, me and my headcanons... :P

It's entirely possible. But then, when one studies such things, which I don't really, many things can be made possible. Quite honestly, there's no way to tell, and no way to make certain of one answer or the next. So long as people keep writing up stories for these little colourful creatures, their surrounding facts are interchangable.

While nethier of then knew the magic of friendship, starswirl definitely isnt chaotic, unlike discord. What it sounds like to me when they talk about him in the show, its kinda like twilight before going to ponyville. Except he never makes any friends.. he just cares to much about magic. Honestly, I belive that discord could care less about magic. Also, pretending to have two different personalities for so long would be kind of hard. Besides, if starswirl DID find a way to turn himself into a draconiquess (I definitively spelled that wrong), celestia would most likely find out one time or another.... or SOMEPONY at the least.

Yaaay! I think I did a good job at being a logical person! *Not*

Nice try, but you know that Celestia actually knew Starswirl and studied under him? And apparently long after Discord was sealed too. Read IDW comics.

I don't consider the comics cannon, but this is right. In The Journal of Two Sisters it points out this.

I don't consider the comics cannon, but this is right. In The Journal of Two Sisters it points out this.

The Journal of the Two Sisters DOES make mention of Celestia studying under Star Swirl, but it makes zero mention of Discord. We actually have no idea how long before Discord's first reign this book took place.

What?! You mean to tell me I'm NOT Celestia?! I could have sworn....

I am sorry. But I must kill you for knowing to much. Bob will you do the honors?

>Bob the potato kills Starswirl for knowing to much

Archived