What episodes are the least criticized? Serious Scrutiny Topic!

If you want to look at some serious scrutiny that deidcated fans have done on our beloved series, look at the Dethroning Moment of Suck page on TVTropes: http://tvtropes.org/...iendshipIsMagic

On that page, only 8 episodes of S1 are unscathed as of today, 7 for S2, and 4 for S3.

Anyway...

the first episode that comes to mind for me as being almost unanimously loved is Hurricane Fluttershy.

I've never seen anyone say anything negative about Hurricane Fluttershy at all.

Other ones include The Best Night Ever, Sleepless in Ponyville, and.... well, there's plenty of episodes that I personally have no problem with... but so many episodes have their nitpickers.

Some people just hate Rarity so much that they nitpick at Sweet and Elite and Sisterhooves Social, even tho Rarity was not an irredeemable jerk in that one.

Some people hate Pinkie Pride, because... Pinkie is too proud in that one or something. Even tho it is one of the few episodes where her flaws are not grating.

Some people criticize For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils for Sweetie Belle being too immature or destructive, (whether or not the person says "Sweetie was being immature even for her age" depends on the critic) or also because they dislike the Christmas Carol plot.

So, to recap:

The Best Night Ever

Hurricane Fluttershy

Sleepless in Ponyville

Pinkie Pride

For Whom the Sweetie Belle Toils

Those episodes have hardly any critics.

There are also some very popular episodes among the fans, such as A Dog and Pony Show, Party of One, Lesson Zero, and Luna Eclipsed, which are basically popular for having crazy or dramatic ponies, but still get criticism for having certain characters being either insensitive, mentally unstable, or incompetent.

It seems that the most untouchable episodes are the ones with relationship issues and dealing with insecurity/ disappointment in oneself.

If it weren't for Twilight being strangely bossed around by Pinkie Pie to keep the secret and maintain the unhealthy misunderstanding between Fluttershy and Rarity... then Green Isn't Your Color could be that kind of emotionally resonant episode as well.

Okay, you people go talk now!

Some people hate Pinkie Pride, because... Pinkie is too proud in that one or something.

People hate Pinkie Pride...because Pinkie is too proud...what .-.

On topic though, one of the episodes that I hardly see any critics for is Suited for Success. Like you said, a lot of Rarity haters hated Sweet and Elite and Sisterhooves because she was a jerk. I'm not much of a fan of Rarity myself, but I don't hate her, and I don't hate those episodes either. (In fact, Sisterhooves is probably in my top 10 favorites in the whole series) But unlike those episodes, Suited for Success doesn't focus on Rarity being a jerk, it instead focuses on her being a creator and all that other stuff Tommy Oliver said in that one video... I mean, the only complaints I've seen for that one was that the mane five were being too harsh to Rarity, but I think that was a minor thing. So yeah, this is a well liked episode. Blame Tommy Oliver :P

Anyway...

the first episode that comes to mind for me as being almost unanimously loved is Hurricane Fluttershy.

I've never seen anyone say anything negative about Hurricane Fluttershy at all.

I don't really like Hurricane Fluttershy. it's over hyped. I mostly just remember it for introducing lots of cool new pegasi background character designs (including personal favorites Cloudchaser and Flitter). It's a dry, predictable episode that just repeats the same themes from earlier Fluttershy episodes.

There. Just changed that. :P

Archived