Dream Walking

Slazer

I have a question about this ability. I know it falls under Luna's domain of power, and she's capable of entering dreams from long distances and influencing them. What I'd like to know is if this particular talent might also be something a normal unicorn is able to do- to a far lesser degree, of course (perhaps the unicorn needs to be able to touch the dreaming pony with their horn, and making any sort of changes depends more on the spell user's ability to lucid dream than on their magic), but could something like this show up as the special talent for a normal pony?

I'm curious because of a recent flash of inspiration, but before I try fleshing it out, I want to make sure I'm not treading on anypony's hooves with the idea. ;)

I would say that this is really more of a distinctly 'alicorn' power - Luna has been the only one shown capable of it, and I sincerely doubt that any average Unicorn currently has or will have the ability to perform doing so.

Hmm. What about, instead of being able to enter a dream, being able to influence the 'tone' of it from the outside? Say, the ability to bring the good thoughts and memories of a sleeping pony to the forefront of their mind, pushing away the dark thoughts that cause nightmares.

Like, as a sleep therapy thing? I would consider that within the realm of possibility for a typical Unicorn.

More or less magical sleep therapy, yeah. Based on what I've developed already, this character's special talent would be dreams in themselves, or lucid dreaming. She can control her dreams easily, and she's able to teach ponies techniques and spells to give them power over their own dreams along with the memories and thoughts that are inevitably dredged up within. It's something of a psychological practice for ponies who need or want help with their dreams and sleep.

Archived