NFL 'Modified Elimination Pool' Prediction game -- interest thread

Mojo

Hi all!

The NFL season is coming up, and I had an idea for a fun game that we could play concerning predictions for those games.

It's called a 'suicide elimination pool' and it works like this:

Each week, participants select ONE and only one NFL team they believe will win their game.

If that team wins, that participant scores one point for the week.

If that team loses or ties, that participant gets no points.

In a 'true' suicide elinimation pool, if a participant's team loses, then they're OUT of the game. Thus, the name, 'Suicide Elimination Pool'. However, since the idea here is to play for the season, I'll modify the 'win or go home' rule.

The only other rule in the pool is this: Once you pick a team to win for a week, you cannot pick that same team to win for the rest of the season. In other words, if I pick the Steelers to win in Week 1, I cannot pick them to win again. Thus, this will limit a participant's selections more and more as the season goes on.

How about it? Anyone interested in joining this 'pool'?

P.S. -- changed the label of the 'pool', original name doesn't sit well with me

:D:D:D

Yes. Sign me up.

Go Broncos

Just to be clear on this, River, you cannot pick the Broncos every week!

Why would I bet on any other team when we all know the Patriots are taking the Superbowl this season? :razz:

They'll make it to the Superbowl only to be eaten devoured by the Seahawks.:)

We not doing the same system as last years?

This is an 'extra' thing I decided to do on my own, Brian.

River moderated and did all the stats for the NFL picking game we had last year, but he has said he doesn't want to do the recordkeeping this season. My guess is, if one of us would be willing to take on the task of record keeping, the NFL contest game we had last year would go on.

To be honest about it, I really didn't understand the scoring system all that well, or I'd offer to run the thing myself.

Ok folks, looks like there's enough interest to do this! I will open the 'live' Elimination Pool thread about a week before the opening games of Week 1. Good luck to all!

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I can join, I don't understand it but I'll put in picks anyway.

What don't you understand, Brian?

Pick ONE NFL team to win for that current week.

If it does, you get a point, if it doesn't, you don't get a point.

Once you pick a team to win during a week, you cannot pick that team to win again in the remaining weeks of the season.

If you still don't get it, I'll happy explain it to you over Skype!

Archived