New Mixed Roleplay Area!

Rosewind

As we've grown and our roleplay has evolved, we've developed two unique concepts: World of Equestria (steadfast canon) and Canterlot Chronicles (relaxed canon). Along with this, we've also issued another set of cast characters to play in either area. However, this has separated our base of active roleplayers. If you have a cast character in one area, you may not be able to play with others in a protected setting elsewhere.

Now you can.

Introducing Omnium Gatherum. This area is where cast from both roleplay areas and OCs can intermingle. Canon may vary by thread; please be specific in your thread OP about what the canon expectations are. Posting here with cast characters counts for cast activity.

To avoid confusion, please limit unique cast characters per thread unless otherwise noted in the thread opening.

I hope this new forum concept ignites new roleplay ideas and allows our dedicated roleplayer base more options to play who they want, where they want, and with other cast characters they couldn't with before. If you have any further questions, please feel free to field them in this thread.

Have fun!

sPGOGNs.png

...Wha...? O_o Rose, dont eat random mushrooms you find in the woods...

Seriously... just... huh??? Why do we have this? why do we need this? I dont understand...

To avoid confusion, please limit unique cast characters per thread. Although two Applejacks in a thread shipping together would be neat, it may be confusing and would be disruptive to the play environment, not to mention would make SteelEagle way too excited.

Nothing stops the shipping. Nothing!

Should be a lot of fun.

Huh, interesting.

I'm curious though: what niche does this fill? Is it to let WoE cast and CC cast mix or something?

...Wha...? O_o Rose, dont eat random mushrooms you find in the woods...

Seriously... just... huh??? Why do we have this? why do we need this? I dont understand...

You are correct. Part of a good roleplay is to give the players more opportunities to interact, build stories, and play. It's a protected area that requires involvement in the character building process in some way to post there. It's a structured roleplay where we use approved characters, but you have control of what canon you'll be using for that thread, and you will have more opportunities to involve cast and OCs from both sides of the fence. For example, Mane Six threads have been notoriously difficult to get together. Since we have two sets of a Mane Six cast, we have more opportunities for a thread like this to exist. If Ashton's Twilight can't make it into the thread, Steel's Twilight can, and this thread may happen in an area that isn't wide open like it might be in FFA.

As with anything, you don't need to post here. You can just ignore this subforum all together and continue business as usual in your favorite place. Maybe down the line this area might be useful to you; if not, it's no skin off your nose. As for the mushrooms, Zecora assured me most of them were safe.

I'm guessing that the reason an entirely new rp area was built rather than just having more than one person play a cast character at a time has something to do with the looser canon? What's that about?

Canterlot Chronicles has more relaxed canon than World of Equestria. That was the primary reason that area was made. We also had players that wanted to play certain cast characters, but all of those seats were taken too. It made sense to open up a new area with a new set of cast for people to apply for. Part of the draw and interest was due to the exclusivity and high benchmark of quality needed to play a cast character, but that also made things very limited and more players were excluded from the opportunity.

As with anything, our roleplay is constantly evolving and adapting as our needs see fit. I saw a need to give players a place to co-mingle all of their different cast characters between both areas that wasn't FFA. This was the solution. Our players are welcome to use it, or not use it. If it doesn't work, great. At least we tried something new to give everyone more roleplay opportunities to play with other characters and players in a previously unavailable way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived