Meet My Parents: Canterlot Cataclysm (Closed)

Ciraxis

Just a week has passed since Swift Squall saw his newly discovered...no, better word would be mutually-acknowledged-sweetheart.

And just a week was enough for him to start to dry for her affection. He felt like a flower without the water. Like a scabbard without the sword. Like a lawyer without needles procedures,

So Swift Squall of House Squallcoast, unofficial Count of the Fillydelphia, the best swordpony in the Strand, heir of not one but two billions worth fortunes , occasional vigilante and on the side, unicorn with fear of ducks was now standing on Canterlot City train station.

And he was nervous.

Oh sure Swift wanted to see Fire - or 'Moto' as he affectionately called her - really, really much. But his presence here also meant that he had to make good on his promise. And Squall was unicorn of his word - at least as long you are not a super-villain.

And that promise was no more or less to meet his sweetheart parent's - and by extension the rest of her family.

And he wasn't really ready for this. At all. On the inside to be precise.

On the outside, Squall was prepared splendidly actually, wearing one of his best clothes, cleaning his mane before tying it with a bow. His garb wasn't that far from what a classy vampony would wear, just color switched. Instead of black and blood crimson - white and forest green. Cravat, opera cape, all of those where present. And couple of silver accessories too. Squall itself wasn't really taking any special notice how he looked like to be honest. Up until recently he just wore what was practical, comfortable and - depending on the situation - what gave psychological advantage. Yet, he happened to look good in all of those, and Swift himself wasn't bad looking stallion either.

Still, that did nothing to disperse his nervousnesses. They were still so many things that could go wrong! What if he says something inappropriate and make a bad first impression?

Squall vaguely recalled that Fire's papa was in the military. It would be wise to threat him like a...Colonel Pummel perhaps? And her mother...

Stallion in horror realized that he had no idea what Moto mom did - or used to do! Sweet Celestia what he should do if she talks to him then...?! Maybe....

That and other similar toughs flowed through noblepony head as he waited for his red dove, biting his lip and - very unusually for him - fidgeting his hooves in the stress....

rwkxmf.jpg

Out of the crowd a voice could be heard, "Holy Socks! Why does your 'special somepony' look like Count Hoofula?" Swift Squall knew this to be the voice of Wind Walker, Fire's little sister. The two siblings were slowly making their way through the assortment of ponies, griffons and other mass of people who had disembarked from the train and were either leaving to find a taxi, or meeting up with friends and loved ones. Both Pegasi ponies were decked out in rather fancy dresses, one was very similar to the one Fire had acquired during their last trip together, while the youngest of siblings wore a style that nearly matched her sisters. Wind was obviously not very comfortable, but she pressed on.

"Swifty.", the red mare had managed to dodge the last of the masses and was soon at his side, "I know this isn't proper, but this is probably the only time I'll be able to do this for the moment.", she promptly gave the unicorn a polite hug and a quick, but memorable kiss. "I know it's only been a week, but it feels like it's been an eternity since we've last spent time together. I've just been so busy with work and the move and everything, and while I wanted to do this when the folks were settled in Ponyville, my schedule had been filled to the brim for that time.", she let out a sigh, "Still, it's great to see you my Swift.", she glanced over at her sister, who was standing near a taxi.

"Just watch out for Wind, my mother found one of granny's old dresses and apparently they were almost the same size when she was Little Blue's age."

"Apparently grandma didn't have hips when she was my age!", the filly was able to overhear the conversation, "Oh, hey! Guys!", she dropped the snark for a moment, "These taxi ponies wanna go! Hurry up! I'm not walking home in this thing!"

This was a time of 'sighs' for the mare, who released yet another, "Oh, for Hurricane's sake. I paid for a return trip! They better not leave. Not yet.", she turned to the noblepony, "Let's continue our conversation in the taxi..."

Ahh of course. Fire arrived with her younger sister and her unmistakable snark.

"Hello to you too, Wind." Squall replied, just as snarky, but with a hint of playfulness underneath.

"And should you know, I am an actual Count. Sort of. I would be if not..." stallion realized that he slipped into his habit of being Mr. Exposition yet again, and this wasn't a reason he was here for. "L-look this is long, complicated story an a boring one to that. Let's just say that I justified in wearing clothes outside of this century and roll with that alright?" he summed out before focusing his attention on so-much-pretty older sister.

"Moto, you know me. You can throw 'proper' out of the window for all I care as long it's you. And brief parting make reunions so much sweeter n'est-ce pas? " he dropped, unable to resist dropping some romantic prench before smiling and returning her affection by nuzzling her neck. When he heard how busy she was with her stuffed schedule however he sighted. Swift wasn't happy at all that his red dove didn't had even a bit of time for herself.

"Honestly, they make you work like some kind of an ant." it was clear that by 'they' he refereed to the Army "You should be promoted to Captain long ago. And please that's not problem at all. You lived with your parents your whole life so it's natural that you should spend some time checking how they settle in their new place...although I surprised that they choose Ponyville over Las Pegasus" unicorn closed his eyes briefly. He recalled that Fire's parents apparently loved that place.

When Fire mentioned orgin of the Wind dress he rosed the eyebrow.

"Natural selection doing it's job perhaps? You know, superior leg strength and all. Still..." he rubbed his chin. He really wanted to earn some points with Wind. It would be wise to have somepony on his side beyond Fire herself, just in case.

"...best ancestors mementos are the one's you can hang on the wall I think."

But then again there wasn't time to prolong their conversation. As the sisters pointed out they were apparently taxi waiting for them already. Squall sighted again. It should be him paying for a trip, but then again Fire was strong independent mare - and he wouldn't have it any other way. While it was important to be a gentlecolt it was as vital to respect his Sweetheart. Playing white knight too much wouldn't do any good.

So instead he grabbed his luggage and followed the siblings. Swift didn't took much with him - if something would pop out as being necessary he could just buy it here. The exception was of course spare clothes, gift's for Fire's parent's and naturally one of his swords.

Unlike usual, it sticked out of his trolley case instead of being attached to his side. Only a handle was visible - so it was anypony guess what kind of weapon noblepony tugged along this time.

As they made their way to the drosky, Squall courteously opened the vehicles door for the two sisters.

"Ladies first." he said without any shade of mockery.

rwkxmf.jpg

"Pfffft!", the unimpressed filly waved her front hoof at the stallion dismissively, "You an't a count! All counts are vamponies! And you an't a vampony! If you were, you'd just be saying 'blah' and trying to bite our necks. And then you'd turn into dust cause it's daytime. Nice try though!", she gave Swift Squall a wink before she scampered up into the taxi. She glanced away from the pair and waited patiently for the taxi to resume its trip.

Her elder sister leaned up close to the unicorn's ear and whispered, "Wind actually asked to come along. She won't admit it, but she kind of likes you.", after boarding the fancy yellow push-taxi, she playfully pulled up her colt-friend with one swift swoop of her hooves. As elegant as she looked at the moment, she was still one very strong little pony. Once all three were sitting in their respective seats, Fire Walker called out to the two taxi ponies who started pulling the wheeled taxi towards is destination. It moved along briskly, but still provided a very comfortable ride for the three.

During the ride, Wind Walker was uncharastically quiet and there was a deal of sadness on her face as she watched the buildings go by. "Wind is still a little upset over having to leave the only city she's ever lived in, as am I, but that's life. While Punk Walker hasn't decided where he wants to go, the other siblings have already moved on. Cordy was the first to go, then Speed.", the taxi passed a rather elegant looking school-building, causing the blue filly to stand up on the cart. While she was safe, Fire Walker held onto her back.

"There goes my school. Gonna miss the ol' gang. Even might even miss my teachers.", Wind meekly added as she waved her hoof at the building as it slowly vanished from view.

As her elder sister slowly helped her back onto her seat, the mare gave her sister a pretty hefty hug, "Don't worry squirt, you'll still see your friends, and I've heard nothing but good things about your new teacher, Miss Cheerilee. And you've got your Ponyville friends as well, like Bebop."

With Wind Walker settled, Fire returned to her beloved stallion's side, "As you've said, Fillydelphia's guard and watch needs all the help it can get, and from what I've seen, you're as right as rain. I've also been busy with a few new things the higher ups wanted me to help them with, and I'll be helping the parents and Wind with their move. You've got to understand, they're going from a rather Swift Squall-ish manor to a pleasant three bedroom bungalow, so there's a good deal of old furniture that's going to storage. And then there's all the books. Wonder if that cute little library in Ponyville takes donations? As for Las Pegasus, that actually was the original plants. The parents were going to retire and move there, and Wind would have gone to a private school, but then Nightmare Night came along with its Changelings and all that was changed.", she let out a sigh, "Equestria needs its old warriors, and we can't have another embarrassment like the last two invasions. While the guard did do better than the wedding invasion, there's still a good amount of room for improvement...But that's enough of that for now..Let's just chat about happier things."

She gave off a flirty smile as she looked into Swift's big green...glasses..

• 2 weeks later...

"Huh, silly filly. These day's vampony counts sticks with mathematics instead of 'blah!'...which still doesn't make me....count." Squall said and chuckled lightly at the own made pun before quietly adding "Blah..."

When Fire mentioned that her little sister was slightly uncomfortable with them moving. Squall nodded in acknowledgment. He could understand that...back in his day a runaway kid he himself longed after his home. Then again, his parents weren't gone anywhere. It was just him having...issues.

This somber thoughts were dispelled when Fire mentioned her other siblings...

"That brothers of your's....what are they like?" he asked curiously. From Fire's words, it seemed unlikely that Swift was to meet them today, so at least he wanted to have vague idea of their personalities.

When Wind waved at the building they were passing however, unicorn's attention shifted towards it.

It was...nice school...or so it looked if his idea how true school looked and functioned was correct. Squall found himself wishing to cheer up Lil' Blue but his lack of experience with what she was living through now wasn't helping. Luckily once more Fire aided him with finding the correct words.

As her elder sister slowly helped her back onto her seat, the mare gave her sister a pretty hefty hug, "Don't worry squirt, you'll still see your friends, and I've heard nothing but good things about your new teacher, Miss Cheerilee. And you've got your Ponyville friends as well, like Bebop."

"True." swordpony agreed while folding his front legs on his chest. "World is big and yet small at the same time. I believe you will be surprised how often you will run in, into your old friends and other acquaintances." he said and this time he was speaking from experience. Indeed Swift Squall tended to meet familiar faces in most unlikely of places.

When Moto explained in more detail 'What-And-How's of her family moving he once more nodded in acknowledgment, but this time he decided to add something from himself.

"Yes. But still...it's a little sad that you have to leave your old home. While 'Home' is where those dear to you are....there is something more in four walls then...well....four walls. he said in his warm baritone while closing his eyes.

"Do you remember Moto? Your first birthday implanted into your memory, goofing in with you siblings, when you parent's brought your little sis home for the first time...." at the moment, Squall seemed to 'see' beyond his closed eyelids, and into event's that passed by. Unicorns and their mystical shenanigans....

"The places...homes, work places, monuments....tends to get imbibed with feelings of those that are in them or near. You remember do you? Like on the Island. Or Whitetail Woods... he smiled at the memory of bright forest. "....or Osteinhoof Castle..." Swift recalled the stories about infamous and nearly unapproachable keep in Germaney mountains. The ancient fortress had dreadfully reputation and nowadays were home of only wraiths and phantoms.

"You home is where you heart is...but your heart changes the place you are in." he concluded while opening his emerald eyes.

"Equestria needs its old warriors, and we can't have another embarrassment like the last two invasions. While the guard did do better than the wedding invasion, there's still a good amount of room for improvement...But that's enough of that for now..Let's just chat about happier things."

"And yet we endured. And in enduring we grow strong. stallion paraphrased the quote for old play "Blood Relation's".

"But let's do just as you say. I...errrr..." Swift recalled what he wanted to ask Fire for a while already.

"Moto...how much....exactly....you told your parents about me?" he escaped with his eyes to the side. He seemed worried and a little...embarrassed?

111leg2.jpg

"My brothers? Well.", Fire Walker always enjoyed talking about her family, "There's the eldest, Cordy, who is doing rather well with his family in Trottingham. Brother number two, Speed is also married and lives over in Manehatten with his wife. His wife, and my sister in law, Endless Summer should be having their first kid, or actually it's kids as they're twins. Wind and I will have to pop over there when she does. But don't worry.", she glanced over at her sister who was still busy watching the buildings go by, "We'll arrive after the birth."

"Ugh.", the filly shuddered, "Mom thought it would be an educational experience if I watched the whole 'birthing process' when Jammy, which is brother Cordy's wife, had her kid. Had to watch the whole thing, and when it was done, Speed is like 'who wants ice-cream?', No way! Not after watching that!", she turned her attention back to the passing scenery.

"There's also Punk, who has always been the black sheep of the family, and the brother I worry the most about.", she let out a sigh, "He's as smart and as clever as a pony can get, but he uses his brains to avoid responsibilities and work instead of using them to better himself. There's also Moon who is an amateur thespian when he's not walking the beat for the R.E.A. I've talked about him before. He's actually doing a version of 'The Vambrace' for his little acting company, and will also be running this year's 'Hearth's Warming Eve' show at Wind's former school. It's a shame she'll be in Ponyville by then. I heard she was a pretty good 'Private Pansy' last year'."

Wind Walker just glanced back at her sister and growled.

Fire let out a chuckle, "And there's Sky, who is the creative one in the family. He actually used to date an old friend of mine. A griffon named Zelda. Don't believe the two of you have met", she pondered this for a moment, "And there's also the twins, Earth And Johnnie, who are graduating from high school this year and will be in officer school shortly after, and lastly, there's little blue over there, but you know her."

"Saved the best for last!", Wind added as she continued to watch the buildings go by.

stories about infamous and nearly unapproachable keep in Germaney mountains. The ancient fortress had dreadfully reputation and nowadays were home of only wraiths and phantoms.

"You home is where you heart is...but your heart changes the place you are in." he concluded while opening his emerald eyes.

"To be honest, the old family house was more of a home to Wind than me. She's been living there her whole life, while I've been bouncing around for so long, between stations around Equestria, that the house is just a nice place I get to visit during holidays. As for the parents, yeah. They asked about you and I was honest.", her smile turned slightly devilish, "I believe my father has met yours in the past. I tried to get details, but he had to excuse himself. Hopefully, it was an positive encounter, although my father has pretty much run into every other V.I.P over the last few years."

"Hey! We're almost home!", Wind Walker let out a yelp as the taxi entered a residential neighborhood, where every house looked to be ancient and very large.

"It....must been nice to have so many siblings. I only have cousin...although I haven't seen her for years." Squall mused, his expression turning somewhat sour.
He really had a lot of unfinished businesses here and there. Unicorn took a mental note that he should deal with at least part of them.

"And about Zelda...actually we did. Meet that is. But...well I can't really say where and under what circumstances - I promised not to."
This part was actually a lie. Instead it was agreeement between them to generally keep events that made them meet up to themselves, the events of that one mission starting in Stalliongrad, Swift was trusting enough to tell Fire all the details later, but not in public.
However right now Wind was also with them, and swordpony was pretty sure that the filly wouldn't be able to keep the secret. Not wanting to hurt her feeling either he came out with an promise thing. Stallion once again reminded himself to spill the beans to Fire when they will be alone....and possibly Wind as well, when she will be older.

When crimson mare reminded him that as a soldier, she wasn't expected to stay in one place for long, he smiled warmly.
"Well it's about time for you to have true one, don't you thing? You deserve one of your own Moto." he said while nuzzling his sweetheart cheek with his own.

And yet, when Fire said that her Dad already knew Squall for the past, stallion immediately shifted towards 'Oh Buck' expression. Normally poker faced stallion really couldn't keep his emotions in around his marefriend.
"I....I h-hope so too." he stammered. While training as the 'Sharp Carrot' he always got top results in both mental and physical exams. And while his self-discipline was excellent as well his normal discipline...not so much. It wasn't about the harsh conditions of military life - he could live the spartan way. However, Squall wasn't a pony who could blindly follow orders - unless it was somepony who he trusted without question he had to know reason for one, as small as it would be.
Naturally that lead to some clashes.

And yet when Wind mentioned that they almost arrived at their destination, noblepony - as usual - managed to get hold on himself. Swift arrived here with a goal of gaining approval of his Sweetheart parents, and this approval we shall get. Or rather earn.
So while he was silent for the - really short - remaining ride, he was also first to step out. After helping the both big and small ladies departing he faced the Walker's siblings residence.
"It...really is similar to mine." he commented. While it wasn't a overwhelming behemoth like Squallcoast Manor, Swift could definitely say there was enough place to accommodate the whole family and maybe a few guest's too, and the style was familiar as well.
Then he rememberer that many of Moto's siblings already move out. Squall couldn't help but wonder if upkeep of the house was a real reason for moving. Perhaps it was the fact that the four walls grew quieter with passage of time, until it became unbearable for Fire's parents?

rwkxmf.jpg

"Oh Zelda.", the mare couldn't help but let out another chuckle, "She's always going off on little adventures when she feels uninspired. Normally, she'll pick a 'job' or 'quest' as she calls them in lands she had yet to visit mostly for a free train or airship ticket and for a little bit of romance as well.", she had remembered the last time she spoke with the sculptress, her old friend was eyeballing a fellow artist, one who dealt with tattoos. A sly look fell on her face, "Not gonna tell huh? I do have ways of making ponies talk, but I'm sure when we hang out next week, she'll tell me all about her little adventure. She might leave out a few names, but I'm sure I'll get the majority of what went on.", she was amused her old friend spent some quality time with her colt-friend.

She returned the nuzzle, "With me staying at the base's officer quarters in Fillydelphia, we won't be that far from each other.", she had seen the quarters, and was slightly embarrassed on how nice they were. Normally, they would be just slightly more comfortable than the regular R.E.A rooms, with slightly nicer beds and made for two ponies as opposed to a whole squad. The rooms were practically made for royalty. "I'll be mostly on base for the first few months, getting to know everypony, and there will be training. I'm hoping this thing we're doing with Princess Twilight works its way out of planning and into something special..oh.."

"Hey guys!", Wind Walker finally spoke up, "We're home!", the moment the taxi stopped, the little filly bounced out and made her way towards the door, causing some confusion to her sister who asked, "Why the rush?". Before disappearing into the old manor home, both ponies could hear, "I HAVE TO GO TO THE BAFF-ROOM!"

"Oh.", Fire couldn't help but shrug her shoulders, "Right. Let's go meet the folks.", she added with a wink.

(Either she gets out herself and opens the taxi door for Swift, or vice-versa. You're free to add whatever you like wherever you wish..)

The two ponies made their way towards the door, but before the mare could push it open, they were both greeted by a young stallion with a light crème colored coat and blonde mane. "Hey Fire! I was just about go head off to meet the guys, but I have time to chat for a moment.", he threw a polite smile towards Swift, "Oh, and this must be the famous Sir Swift Squall, I've heard so much about."

"That is is.", Fire replied in a very proud tone of voice, "Swifty, this is my lil' brother Sky."

• 2 weeks later...

"Oh, you have you ways? Is that a challenge? Should I be afraid?" he teased the mare back. But when Fire mentioned how close they will be, he genuinely smiled

"I hope you liked you room Moto. As you said we need to improve the state of Fillydelphia REA. So I made a...small donation. After all it's best to start from the basics and rested soldier is effective soldier." unicorn explained that nice rooms was actually his dealings.

"And before you ask, every other room in the garrison is as good. After all, I had no idea which one of the would be given to you." Squall added, apparently quite pleased with himself. Not only he made his marefriend sleeping a lot more confortable, but he also added the society.

However when Fire mentioned the 'Special Project' of Princess Sparkle, his face was twisted by the frown for a fracture of the second. As quickly as it appeared it was replaced by mask of the neutrality.

"I...see." apparently he wasn't to keen of the idea. His tone of voice also indicated that he wasn't looking forward to extend this topic further.

Luckily the blue filly blitzing out of the taxi was more the sufficient distraction.

"Is...you sister always have such shy bladder or only when traveling in the vehicles? I assume she would choose flying over any other time." unicorn said before exiting th taxi. "Indeed, let's"

When Fire followed the suit, Squall offered her his hoof. Noblepony wasn't thinking about himself as the gentlestallion, but he knew well enough when to play the part.

"I pay sweetheart. And no 'But-Swift's!' we had this talk earlier, remember?" he gave the mare another charming smile and did just that.

Who greeted them was crème and blond stallion. Judging from his age, he had to be one of Fire's siblings. And just like his crimson sister he proved himself to be very likable. Although one thing that he said made unicorn arch the eyebrow.

"You call me 'Sir' when around the house?" Swift asked the mare, while pulling off the sunglasses. Somehow he knew that would be taken as more polite. "Regardless it is pleasure to meet another sibling of my love. Regrettably can't say the same about 'being told about'. Not because of her lack of trying but having family so large, means that one can say so much about so many in given time and..." Squall paused....and a shard of doubt sprouted within him. He asked Fire earlier about calling him 'Sir' but now he was talking like some unappeased erudite. That....wasn't what he wanted to accomplish.

"Oh enough with the rubbish talk. Nice to meet you Sky. I promise I won't be making any puns." swordpony threw the veiled talk out of the window and shook Sky's hoof energetically.

Well actually everything was looking to be fine! Unless some other family member would try to dive kick him, hoof wrestle or to pounce on him like a ninja to "Test-His-Strength". Harmony knows that thing turned this way for Swift more often then not.

• 2 weeks later...

rwkxmf.jpg

"Oh.", Fire was never too keen on Swift Squall tossing his money around, but it was his, and he was basically free to spend it as he pleased, although she knew there was going to be some repercussions. She had a feeling that she would be teased by the upper brass over this, once they found out that her colt-friend donated major bitage to 'spruce' up the rooms. After sleeping on uncomfortable bunks for most of her military life, she had long gotten use to the stiff mattresses. Her father would say they gave 'character' and kept solders from oversleeping. The beds at the officer's barracks in Canterlot were slightly more comfortable, but they were far from her cozy queen sized bed that had always been waiting for her at home. Now it was in some storage center off near the college park. Maybe she should have sold it during the family's big garage sale.

She exited the taxi after allowing her younger sister to depart first, "Oh no, she had a bit too much soda before we left, and as always, I asked if she needed to go, before the taxi arrived, and as always, she said she didn't. As for flying, Windie doesn’t like to fly when she's dressed like she is, and I understand. Sometimes the bulkiness messes with our whole aerodynamics and makes flying a bit of a chore.", she gave off a slight smirk as the unicorn went to pull out a few bits, "You can give the guy a tip, since we already paid for the full trip."

The young stallion couldn't help but look a little confused as Swift Squall spoke, "Oh. Right.", he took the unicorn's hoof and shook it properly, "I was just stopping and saying 'good-bye' to the old place.", he let out a sigh while he glanced back at the large manor house, "Gonna miss the old house. So many memories. Just hope the new owners take as good of care as we have over the generations.", Sky Walker glanced at his watch, "I need to wing it. Just a few more days until officer school, so the boys and I are going to celebrate. Nice meeting you Si, er Mist...Swift Squall. And I'll see you later big sis", after giving the mare a quick hug before taking off into the air.

"Heard some private collector purchased the place and is going to turn it into a private museum of sorts.", she added as she lead the stallion into the house. The pair passed through a mostly bare hallway that led into a large room, which still held most of its furniture. From the assorted chairs, fireplace and couch, it was apparently a living or family room. Two ponies relaxed on the very comfortable looking looking sofa. One was a rather impressive looking middle aged stallion who appeared that he could almost look Princess Celestia in the eyes as he was very tall. This stallion had to be her father, Major Brass Hat. The muscular Pegasus pony wore a coat as black as pitch, with an salt and pepper mane, which was cut short as in style with the military. He was sporting a fresh scar over his left eye. Fire Walker may have mentioned that he was injured during the Changeling invasion during last year's Nightmare Nights. Thankfully, the experienced solider gave more than he received. The good Major was sporting a rather simple looking white golf shirt with the R.E.A logo marked over his pocket.

Wind Walker was resting near her father, and the two apparently had just finished a conversation. Both turned and looked towards Swift and Fire as they entered the room. "Well, well, well.", the stallion scooted off the couch and slowly made his way over, "Swift Squall.", his voice was gentle, but it was apparent that it could, if needed be loud enough to shake the snow from the tops of mountains if needed. "It's nice to finally meet my little girl's suitor.", he held out a hoof.

"What's that smell..", Fire Walker nervously sniffed the air, "Mom's not cooking..Is she?", the red mare could not look even more horrified than if an horde of angry dragons had just attacked the house.

"No....No...Gods no." the elder stallion replied, "Our neighbor, Miss Cassie-Role volunteered to make dinner for us tonight. Old gal used to be the head chef for Canterlot's very own 'Forage' before she retired a few years ago. Heard she still gets pleas from the restaurant's owner to come back. So you two kids are in for quite the treat.", Brass Hat glanced over at the couch, "Why don't you two have a seat, and Windie..", he turned his attention to the filly, "Could you get your mother?", Wind Walker nodded her head and disappeared into the hallway.

The old Major quickly found a place to sit on a well used recliner and waited for Fire and Swift to sit down, "So, I'm curious. How did the two of you meet?"

OOC: I bounced around a bit. So as always, feel free to add anything you wish...

• 2 weeks later...

As Fire's brother took into the skies Squall turned towards his sweetheart.

"I think I like your brother." he said before they entered the halls.

The first thing Swift noticed was how...empty the building was. Not just in the sense of the furniture. It somehow felt like something was in the process of leaving this house...and not returning.

Thankfully the room they entered was still filled with the furniture. And on the sofa was resting a stallion that unicorn recognized...

"Major Hat." Squall said quietly and closed in, just like other stallion did. Unusually for himself, Swift was forced to look slightly upwards. Swordpony was tall, but Major was whole other deal. At least they both were comparatively 'ripped' when it came to physique.

How many years it was? And wasn't it weird that he happened to meet all his former instructors and trainers now out all times?

When Brass Hat offered his hoof, Squall glanced at it and back at him somewhat shyly. Why didn't he called him out yet? Wasn't he at least a little upset like Pummel was?

Still a little confused, unicorn hesitantly extended his own limb and shook it.

"Major, I..." he started but luckily (or not) Fire asked about the smell. Judging form the conversation, it was refreshing to know that not only his family was blessed with complete lack of cooking talent.

But that was not really important, as the pair took the seat Swift fidgeted nervorusly. He was expected for this 'anvil' to fall any moment and yet...it refused to do so. Why was that? Well probably because it wasn't about him...or rather not just him. It was about them. On some level, unicorn was actually relieved. So far when it came to meet with somepony from his past the conversation tended to shift towards him. The fact now it didn't was...unnerving. Subconsciously stallion searched for his sweetheart hoof and reached to hold it. Like a couple of lovestruck dolts...which wasn't that far from truth.

And then it stuck the Squall. Fire told earlier that she told about 'everything'. How much was everything? About his mercenary career? That he joined Army underage and under false name? Or about those events in the burning savanna years ago and nightmares that followed? Still Brass Hat certainly knew more that any other 'Old Acquaintance'. Either way it looked like he either ignored 'that' kind of questions right now, or waited for his wife to appear.

His So-Typical train of thought was interrupted by a question, just like always.

"Well...." noblepony started. "In..opposite what you and your family are doing now, Major." he said and glanced at Moto.

In his eyes was almost literally written 'For Harmony Sake, Please Pick Up From Here'.

• 2 weeks later...

rwkxmf.jpg

As Fire Walker took the stallion's hoof, she couldn't help but wonder what was going on in his mind. He looked slightly uncomfortable, which was a common sight to see on stallions when they got to meet her father for the first time. Thankfully the old guy had mellowed out a good deal over the years. The mare just hoped it wasn't something she had said to make him so nervous. And the look on his face was just priceless. She wanted to cover him in little kisses, and while her father would not mind, or even care, she knew it would just make things even more awkward for her colt-friend, so instead, she gently nuzzled his right cheek, hoping it would show him that everything was fine.

The older stallion looked slightly confused for a moment, before he figured out what Swift Squall meant. "Oh. You were moving into a new home?"

"Right!", his daughter replied back, "It's a rather short story, which I'll make even briefer.", she leaned a little closer to the unicorn as she spoke, "I was over at Fillydelphia lending a hoof to Muggo' Ale.", she glanced away from her father to add an 'update' to her story. "We actually had dinner there the other day. The entire clan popped over for meal, a few drinks and a good deal of conversation. Was nice to see the old boy again. Just miss going on our little adventures like we used to do.", she let out a sigh before continuing, "Anyways, after helping Mister Ale with an order of some of his finest stout, After a quick lunch, I decided to check out the older part of town. I absolutely adore the architecture in the old city, and I wanted to check out some of the older homes. There, I ran into another old friend, who was chatting with Mister Squall here.", she gave him a quick kiss on the same cheek, "He was restoring his old family home, and while we chatted, he had a bit of a spill while in the garden. Fell into a big hole....Did we ever figure out where that was?", she glanced over at the stallion before continuing.

"I quickly made my way into the pit, while Dun, er, my friend went to get a hold of some help. During that time, I tried my best to help Swifty as he was pretty beat up. Thankfully, things weren't as bad as they had originally seemed, and we were able to get Swift some help and medical aid, and then after that we always seemed to run into each other. Sir Swift was also there for me during the rough times. After the mess up north, and the whole wedding debacle. He was always there."

The elder stallion couldn't help but smile, "Very nice. My Fire told me about you. How you're really handy with a sword, so much so that you plan to compete in the Equestria Games. I actually played in the games back when they had 'em at Fillydelphia. Both in dueling and archery, and ended up getting silvers in both. We should spar one of these days.", Brass Hat added, "It's so rare these days to run into somepony who can actually handle a blade.", he eyeballed his daughter as he added, "You should have seen your old man during last year's Nightmare Night. Was watching over the town hall when those little beasties came a charging. One managed to nearly take out my eye, but I showed 'em. Showed them with the Grayswandir.", he waved his hoof towards a rather impressive sword that rested above the fireplace, "The flat of the blade that is. Still hurt like the hades though and sent them all for a nice bit of sleep. Shame you didn't have my sword with you during the mess in the North. The Grayswandir hurts anything, living or dead."

"Young ponies these days prefer their spears and pole-arms. Not bad, but they lack grace. A Fauchard doesn't sing to you as well as a good ol' sword, and Fire....Oye.", he sighed, "She has these little sporks that pop out of her horse shoes. Still not sure what to make of those. So tell me, what was the most interesting job you've pulled? I heard about the mercenary work, and there's no shame in doing that."

Luckily Swift marefriend proved might understanding when it came to his nervousnesses. Fire's affection was quickly successful in making the stallion feel better. She could fell Squall's muscles relaxing, his breath slowing down. A fair trade of for the blush he got when she kissed his cheek.

"It was, ehem hall to the west wing. Fixed already." unicorn answered the quick question. When Fire mentioned how she stayed with him in that pit, Squall got a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Still he also felt that this part needed a clarification.
"And by 'beat up' she means three broken ribs. Not something you expect to get in your own house." stallion complemented her little story with a incisively tone.

However he was taken aback when Major Hat mentioned that he participated in the Equestria Games. Fire never told him about that. Well, maybe she didn't deemed it necessary. Still, to think that he was a Silver Medalist even....wait. The Games in Fillydelphia? It was right after the the Manehattan and Roam Game's, the one's that his mother compacted in. Which means....
"So you the one who broke the streak of my mother Mister Brass. You competed against her isn't it?" he asked, but more for confirmation then real curiosity. Funny thing, Mom always said that back then she was in good enough shape too aim for gold. Physically that is. Being lovestruck can do many things to a pony. Still, she never seemed to regret her loss that day.
"It would be....a honor." noblepony added, once more a little surprised, but this time positively. He showed this surge of good humor by nuzzling his Moto back, just like she did him.

When his sweetheart father mentioned the Nightmare Night - or rather, that particular Nightmare Night, Swift's eyes narrowed a little. Unlike the Major he himself wasn't feeling like showing much restraint that evening, much to his own regret. If not for the happy coincidence the fight around the Boutique would end with one headless changeling.
Squall shook off those unhappy thoughts, instead focusing on old family heirloom - or at least swordpony assumed it was one. There was something familiar about the blade. Not the name - it wasn't one of the famous blades of the lore - but the shape and characteristic shine were stirring Swifts memory.
"Is that...? he started his question, but was interrupted by one of the Major's. It left the stallion pensive, a little too long perhaps.
"I-I sorry. I wasn't trying to avoid the question. It just....I did so many things in so many places. I was there in the Talonopolis during 'Carmine November' when they tried to assassinate Baron Ashenplume. Or when I helped to capture perpetrators of Great Las Pegasus heist. Or when I was hired to be part of the strike-team that was sent to deal with the Bluebeard." Swift Squall shrugged helplessly with an apologetic look on his face.

• 2 weeks later...

rwkxmf.jpg

"It was, ehem hall to the west wing. Fixed already." unicorn answered the quick question. When Fire mentioned how she stayed with him in that pit, Squall got a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Still he also felt that this part needed a clarification.

"And by 'beat up' she means three broken ribs. Not something you expect to get in your own house." stallion complemented her little story with a incisively tone.

Ho-boy’, Fire Walker thought to herself as Swift Squall went into details about the aftermath of his fall, ‘This hopefully won’t devolve into an scar-a-thon.’ While her father did receive a few permanent markings on his person over time, he was no match for Swift Squall. The poor stallion had more than a few nasty ‘owies’ under his coat, which she could feel, and sometimes get a glimpse from time to time. The mare’s mother had originally pleaded with her husband to get the full treatment after Nightmare Night, knowing that the Canterlot doctors would be able to fully heal him and get rid of the scar around his eye, but Brass Hat thought it just looked ‘cool’ and was an obvious conversation starter in any of the pubs and bars near the R.E.A bases.

“Besides the little meet and greet, fall and such, we also did sing a little song.”, she paused to shift her voice to a proper tone, “How far I've come from my childhood home. There will come a time when my troubles are gone, And when I shall not be all alone Till then, I dream of my home, sweet home.", while she could use some practice, the red mare had a good voice. Fire Walker did look a little sad as she sung those last two words. While she spent so a good deal of her life outside the old house, she still had many memories of growing up here, and would miss the place.

So you the one who broke the streak of my mother Mister Brass. You competed against her isn't it?" he asked, but more for confirmation then real curiosity. Funny thing, Mom always said that back then she was in good enough shape too aim for gold. Physically that is. Being lovestruck can do many things to a pony. Still, she never seemed to regret her loss that day.

And while not actually as musically gifted as his daughter, Major Brass Hat was proficient at tooting his own horn, as in bragging. "Ha, I know how she must have felt, as my mind was in several different places as well. Actually didn't even want to play in the games, but I was given very direct 'recommendations' by my superior officer. The old solider..."

"Who was also your father.", Fire added.

"Right, I was going to get to that.", the stallion grinned back at his daughter, "Thought I was spending too much time stuffed indoors studying for my assortment of exams and decided that I should at least use some of the skills I had acquired while in training, so I ended up in the games. Did alright. Wasn't really aware that I broke any records, and while my father was not too keen on the medals I brought back. Said 'Silver' was '1st Place for losers'. I didn't even think about those, as I ended up taking the best prize of the entire games."

"Ho-boy.", Fire groaned, "Not this story again."

Brass Hat chuckled, "Hey now, he hasn't heard it yet.", he turned back to Swift Squall, "I noticed what I thought was a fellow officer, a gal named Write Stuff. She worked mostly in training. Wrote training manuals that is. Normally she was just so darn stuffy. Kept her hair in this tight bun, always had on a pair of those granny glasses and had a habit of wearing the puffiest and stuffiest of clothing. But there she was in the stands looking nothing like that. Her hair was flowing, she was wearing a simple Equestria Games shirt. Still had the glasses, it wasn't like in the movies where the librarian is able to toss off her glasses while un-bunning her hair. Still had to see. But after catching her eyes, I was oblivious to everything else.", his ears perked up as he heard two sets of hooves enter the room.

One belonged to Wind Walker who appeared eager to have dinner, and another belonged to a pony Swift had not seen yet.

The mare looked exactly like Fire Walker, or at least what she would look like in the future. Her mane was streaked with pinks, reds and even a few stately silvers. She wore an attractive, but casual dress and a pair of 'granny' glasses. "Ah, Bluebeard. I remember hearing stories of two different stallions who called themselves that. A dastardly pirate and an equally villainous, but refined gentle-colt who had a bad habit of making his rich new brides 'poof' away. Which one did you get to tangle with, Sir Swift?"

"This is mom. Miss Mom.", Wind Walker kindly pointed out.

Luckily Squall decided that it was enough information as it is about their first meeting. Squall didn't cared about injuries or scars that much. He just deemed....it unimportant whatever he had them or not, at least as long as they didn't hindered him. Still he didn't wanted to be marked as reckless so he kindly kept to himself about bandages and other things that happened that day. Including ghosts. And pizza. And...

Wat did Moto actually sung that song? Squall gave Fire a look, charmed by her little performance.
"I could hug you right now." unicorn said. Seeing that she became a little upset he followed up with just that, wrapping one of his front legs around her and pulling her closer, while kissing a top of her head. Then he got an idea...

"Say, uh...did you...got a buyer for the house already?" he prodded 'innocently'.

When the Major Brass mentioned that the very officer that pretty much forced him to join in the game Squall pondered a little. Not over the fact that he was ordered to do so, no.
"Legacies...." he muttered. Funny thing. Just as apparently Fire's family were soldiers for generations, Squall's similarly passed mastery over the blade from parent to child on and on. Still this thoughts didn't distracted him from hearing the Major's story, which he acknowledged with a nod.
"I too, needed a while to realize what treasure was beside me." swordpony admitted , before giving his sweetheart another affectionate look.

After that, just as Major's ears perked, so did Squall. From the sound of the clops he recognized Wind. However, the second set of hooves was unfamiliar to him...

And appearance of Moto's mother surprised him a little bit. He heard that often children turned out like their parent's but to such extent?

"A spitting image.." he blurted. So Fire will be still this hot after reaching this age? That was...something that he was looking forward. Wait...did he actually thought that they will....?
Squall was unable to follow up his imagination as he blushed a little. That almost made him unable to answer the question. One that he more then welcomed, since it was quick change of subject.

"Errr, both of them actually? I managed to be a part of the strike team that captured the first one - although he escaped from behind the bars later, regrettably. As for the other one, I stumbled upon one of his hideouts by unfortunate accident, which later was blown up by the fortunate one. Didn't seen either of them since our meetings. Ummm...nice to meet you Miss....uhh?"
This was bad. Squall swore that Fire mentioned her mom's name one time or other, but for the life of his, he couldn't remember.

OOC: This is a bit long, so feel free to insert any comments or actions where you see fit.

"Say, uh...did you...got a buyer for the house already?" he prodded 'innocently'.

rwkxmf.jpg

"A-Yup.", Fire Walker wasn't sure who he was asking, so she decided to throw her bits in as Swift gave her a hug, "There's a great demand for honest to goodness 'historic' homes in Canterlot nowadays, and this place is as historic as they come.", she glanced at the old gilded walls as she spoke. "A good deal of the homes in the other burbs tend to be 'new' as in less than a hundred years old." She kept close to her colt-friend and smiled cheerfully as Swift refereed to her as 'treasure'. It was a bit on the cheesy side, but she did not mind one bit. Her expression changed as she noticed her mother was holding a book. It didn't look like she was going to be showing off her latest novel, but instead. "Oh feathers.", she muttered to herself.

It was the dreaded photo album!

Somehow Dunder was lucky enough to avoid a run though Fire Walker's little 'book of shame'. This was mainly because the elder mare had been away on business during the day the brown Pegasi pony got his chance to 'meet the parents'. Thankfully, Fire Walker had managed to oust a few of the more embarrassing photos from the book over the last few years. Her mother liked pulling out the book when friends and family showed up to visit. As Swift Squall tried his best to come up with a name, the mare turned to kiss his ear, as she did, the red mare added, "It's Write Stuff. Like from Dad's story.", she whispered before she sat back into the couch. Just in time for her mother, who sat on the last part of the couch.

"Actually found all the photos that were missing.", Write Stuff added as she made herself comfortable and seemed to not notice her eldest daughter was in full blush, "Now Mister Squall, this is sort of a tradition here in the family, and since we still have a bit more time to spend before dinner is finished, I thought we'd have a bit of fun. Feel free to add anything you wish, or if you have any questions, just ask.", she placed the book on Fire Walker's lap and started to turn the page.

The first page showed Fire Walker as a tiny foal. She was resting on a blanket. She looked like any other baby, but her back legs were bandaged. "This is Fire when we took her home for the first time. The poor thing had A.L.D. The doctors weren't sure if she would ever be able to walk."

Write Stuff turned another page, this one showed an older Fire, while still a foal was standing on all four legs, which were braced.

Another page was turned, which revealed an older filly, who was free of her braces and was in mid-flight. She apparently was shaking her backside at the camera. "Here she is showing off her new cutie mark right after getting it. They said she'd never walk. Then they said she's never fly. She showed 'em. She's our little meteorite..Isn't that right?", Write Stuff glanced over at the chair her husband had been sitting in, but apparently he had left. "Hmmm."

One more page vanished. The new one showed an even older filly surrounded by a gang of similarly aged children. Among a few of the children, there was black griffon, a white unicorn filly, and an familiar looking tan unicorn filly Swift Squall was quite sure was Presteza. Fire was in the middle of giving the filly a rather hefty hug. All the children were wearing gaudy neon shaded costumes. "Hmm. Must have been Presteza's birthday party. Not sure about the costumes."

Another few page turns ended with a photo of an teenaged Fire Walker. Her hair had been cut dangerously short, and her ears and eyebrows were marked with an assortment of piercings. She was scowling. "We didn't take many pictures during this phase in her life."

Another page gone, another new page up. This showed a slightly older Fire Walker who was staring into a crib, which held a very tiny Wind Walker. Neither the teenager or the foal were scowling. This photo disappeared as others showed up. These photos had Fire Walker interacting with his sister. In one photo she was changing a diaper. Another showed the older sister as she gave her sibling a bath. Another showed the pair as they slept together on the same couch the threesome were sitting on at the moment. In each of the photos, Fire Walker's smile seemed to grow wider, ,her piercings slowly vanished, and her mane appeared to be longer in each picture, until it matched the same hair style she had at the present.

Fire Walker reached over at scooped up her sister, "Hey! Fire! What are you...", the filly yelped before her elder sister gave her a rather hefty hug, "Ooof! I thought you were the one that was gonna get embarrassed not me!", she squeaked.

As this sisterly love-fest was going on, an older mare could been heard from the room, "Sortir de ma cuisine!" As this was heard, an grinning Brass Hat could be seen scooting back into the family room with a silly grin on his face, "Food looks good...Oh, you have the photo album out?"

"Oh..." he said when Fire confirmed that the building was already sold, slightly more disappointed then he intended the others to hear. Well, so goes planned surprise. Well, one can't have everything, even if you can take baths in bits.

Second later, Fire appeared to get upset as well, but for entirely different reason. His eyebrow cocked up in confusion until he noticed the source of his marefriend distress. That explained everything. Swift Squall also made a mental note to take out any embarrassing photos from his family album, before the ineluctable trip when it will be Moto's turn to return the favor.

Squall brightened up, maybe a little too eager to take a look at the gallery of past 'Fires'. The present one, happened to be insightful to whisper her mothers name, and playful enough to do this while kissing his ear.

"..Miss Stuff." he finished, with a little deeper shad of orange on his muzzle. Oh he will make sure to return the effort of make her blush as well. Well actuall it appeared that her mother beaten him in it, but he still wanted to have his turn as well.

He stared curiously in the first at the first photo. It was both adorable, and pity inspiring.

"Well, weren't you cute since the beginning?" he gave a smile before growing serious , hearing about Fire's condition. Yes, he heard from her before that she used to have some leg defect, but until seeing it now, he wasn't sure how severe it was.

"A.L.D....it used to be incurable medicine wise two decades ago isn't it? The only plausible method were braces and,ah, as the doctors said 'Will of the patient'. Ten years later there was some progress in elixir department, but it wasn't until four years ago that 'smart serums' were invented. Injected directly into limb, concoction works on cellular level, basically rebuilding bone and muscle tissue from the scratch, rewriting the plan in the cells so it stays that way, and turning the pain receptors off for the duration. They still ridiculously expensive, and one needs regular doses before the work is done." unicorn dropped an surprising amount of knowledge about treatment of Fire's condition.

He was silent when the page turned. He couldn't help but wonder. True, he was hurt plenty of times. He almost died more then once, especially when the skin of his back was basically torn off - the scars hidden under his clothes twitched at the memory. Except all those time he was already an adult. But this? Living most of your childhood, each step the surge of pain. He used to scoff at her parents tendency to theme name all their children....but now, now he couldn't think about more appropriate one for his sweetheart.

And yet, one the page turned once more, unicorn face literally illuminated, his horn giving involuntary glow. The warm smile observed, obviously happy filly Fire. He pulled Moto closer with his magic and nuzzled her.

"Of course she did, she's stronger then even she thinks. But she isn't meteorite. Meteorites can only fall, while she rises, no matter how deep hole she finds herself into." he gave her look full off affection.

Oh and what's this? Wasn't that..? Zelda? And Prestzy? It was funny so see them so little. So she knew them for that long. Squall felt a slight twinge of jealously. He didn't had any friends when he was his age.

The next page was...odd. Yes, he expected it. Fire herself made plenty of mentions of her delinquent phase. It was just strange to see her as such, to see her..angry? Squall couldn't recall seeing her angry, more like depressed, sad and determined, but never truly furious. It was interesting observation. He couldn't help but rub his love eyebrows, in the same place she used to have piercings. There were no holes, she apparently got rid off them wit help of the alterist. Was that the reason she wanted him to get rid of his scars?

"I glad you ditched them, they didn't suit you. Those however..." he kissed her ear, the same way she did his minutes ago.

"...those look good on you. Oh you so getting a new pair." he whispered to her.

Another photos were basically a grow up montage, both for Fire and Wind. In a way, the were like those movies that showed the rapid grow of the three. Squall studied them with a glee, but searched for other things as well. The Fire on those images was teenager, and Swift couldn't shake the knowledge that he wasn't her first coltfirend. Jealously? Well...of course. Who wouldn't be not jealous of her? To his delight he didn't found any photos of her 'exes'.

Stallion gaze at Fire as he picked up her sister into a hug. The siblings capered around and Swift wondered, was anypony before him thinking serious about her? Well most not apparently, after all he was here with her now. And again Squall wondered, 'Were they idiots?'. Well, not all of them Dunder obviously was not but....but he hoofed the whole situation with her clumsily. And maybe she developed the crush on brown pegasus involuntarily as well, it was unfair to shove whole blame on Blusty. In the end, both of them were hurt because of it.

But aside from Dunder? Well 'they' weren't smart enough apparently, she was after all - as Dunder would say - smoking hot, had nice personality, patience, was smart etc....Actually why was she was single until now? Why there wasn't line of admirers before her?

Noblepony could only conclude he was lucky. Squall didn't believed into destiny, fate or whatever would you call it. But right now Squall was grateful to whatever forces were out there, that he had boon to met her.

Unicorn was shaken from this thoughts by the call with non-Equestrian, but familiar language.

"Prench?" he said aloud. Good, Swift was no stranger to such cuisine. At least he will not make fool of himself while trying to figure out how he should eat things.

• 3 weeks later...

rwkxmf.jpg

The elder mare nodded her head, “Fire was such as tiny little thing, so we had to play it very slow and safe with the braces, and while it took her time, she managed to overcome it all.”, Write Stuff glanced at her daughter as she spoke, “Once those bracers came off for good, she started to go on runs with her brothers, and before long she was stronger and faster than any of the kids her age in school, and later she was flying circles around them as well. Always though you’d end up an Wonderbolt like your great aunt Stardust. Always wondered what happened.”

“Puberty.”, Fire Walker whispered to Swift Squall, “Sort of lost my aerodynamics as I got older. Mind you, if you ever see a mare member of the Wonderbolts, they tend to have such tiny little cabooses.", she added with a whisper, "And I lost interest in stunt flying when I ventured into my cranky teenaged years."

Wind Walker managed to catch the tail end of what her sister said, "Captain Spitfire has a train? I probably should have told Fast Track about that one!"

"Actually, Presteza is one of my oldest friends.", there was a hint of sadness as she spoke of the unicorn. It was only recently that she had learned that the mare had been kidnapped by a dragon! But by that time, the fearless pony had been rescued! The Pegasus had been rather upset that she had not been notified. Instead, Docket's weird brother Pocket was summoned, along with his filly-friend, a unicorn named Moondancer, who teamed up with Ice Storm, of all ponies to do the job. If Fire had only known, she would have called the greatest and most bravest of her fellow officers to join the hunt. Which actually might have made things worse.

Thinking of her special friend, managed to make the mare feel a little on the blue side, thankfully a few kisses from the stallion quickly chased away these thoughts. Just as she was about to say something, the elder mare, Cassie-Role, emerged from the kitchen, "I am finished.", she spoke with a thick Prench accent. "I must my leave now, Bon appétit!". She was followed by Write Stuff

"This is gonna be good!", the old major grinned as he lead the small group of ponies into a (thankfully) well stocked dining room. "Looks like we're starting off with Dukkah & Feta wrapped with prosciutto, along with strawberry bruschetta.". Wind Walker let out a squeak as she tried her best to catch up with her father.

"We better get moving or dad is gonna eat it all.", the mare offered her hoof to Swift Squall....

As Fire whispered to Squall, he gave her a saucy smile before he whispered back.

"Oh but you got other 'dynamic' alright. And regarding the cabooses, it would explain why you look so much better in their costume then the real team does." unicorn couldn't help but blush slightly at that statement. He paused for a moment before picking up "Never liked the skinny girls come to think of it."

he confessed before looking at his love. Swift knew that underneath that pretty dress was alluring combination of soft curves, and slightly visible muscles. Exactly the type he favored. Somehow she tended to be mare that looking good with anything she wore...that and...

Wait, why he was thinking about that all of sudden? He was visiting her parents for Celestias sake! Wind thankfully helped him snap out of this with her silly question, which made him sum this exchange with internal comment

"Don't know about Spitfire, but mine train of thought got derailed."

As the red mare got brooding thinking about her...or rather now their mutual friend. Being quick witted stallion, Squall guessed that was because she wasn't present when Pressy needed rescuing noblepony felt that beside smooches, she could use some gentle hug. He proceeded to deliver just that.

"We can't be everywhere Moto." he said while stroking her mane with his hoof, holding her in the embrace.

A few moments later, the mare who prepared the meal wished them good meal before disappearing as quickly as she appeared.

"So she isn't staying with us?" Swift was slightly surprised. Noble or not, Squall believed that when it came to preparing private meal, cook had as much right to enjoy the food as the family - being it's member or not. Stallion recalled the times when he was still a kind and they had food prepared for them everyday.Then he recalled that he still unable to find the cook. Regrettably among many talents that Swift possessed, culinary art's was not one of them, and Oak Branch wasn't much help either. Fir unicorn, it was more of the anti-talent, and the only meal that he could prepare without giving himself or others bad case indigestion was sandwich. Probably because it didn't involve fire. Or water. Or seasonings. Swordpony face hoofed at the memory of his effort with baking cookies. Even Bubble couldn't withstand the burning smell, and he was already dead!

When Fire urged the stallion to hurry, he gave her a puzzled look.

"Is it that good? I know she worked in the castle but..." he asked with hint of skepticism. While his own cooking was nightmare inducing, he considered himself quite the gourmet, no doubly thanks of his travels and habit of eating in expensive restaurants. Then again Mister Brass could just be that much hungry.

• 1 month later...

rwkxmf.jpg

What a weird little world they all lived in. It was a very important night for the pair, and here they were, chatting about the derrières of the Equestria famous members of the Wonderbolts. "Ah shucks.", the red mare blushed a bit more, "I'll have you know I was able to replace the ruined 'bolts costume from last Nightmare Night, incase you want me pull of some tricks. I've learned a few new ones since our last show.", she added with a wink. "I've actually learned how to...", she was promptly cut off by her sister, who called out from the dining room. "Come on Fire! You better hurry before Daddy eats all the food!"

"Right!", the elder Walker rolled her eyes, "Come on Swifty, I'll show you to the dining room.", knowing her father's appetite, the mare quickly lead her stallion into the dining area. Thankfully, most of the food was intact by the time they arrived.

In the past, it must have been grand and inspiring room to host dinner parties and large family meals, but the room was mostly barren with the exception of an ancient looking table which rested in the middle of the room. The rest of of the furniture mostly consisted of fold out tables and two sets of simple set of pony benches. The good Major was already working on his plate of appetizers, "You should try these out. They're good.", he added after swallowing some prosciutto.

"Geez Daddy, you could have waited before we all sat down before you started wolfing down your food.", Wind waved a hoof towards her hungry father who shook his head sadly.

"Unlike some little bitty pony, I had a pretty busy day.", he glanced towards Fire and Swift, "Would you believe, until recently, Ponyville did not have an permanently standing watch? With the exception of important events and royal visits, this growing town had to rely on an rather small militia of mostly volunteers. Most were pulled from the Apple family, and while there's just a few of them left in Ponyville, I wouldn't want to get into a fight with the ever feisty Miss Smith. Still, our new home needed well trained ponies to keep an eye on it especially after the whole 'Nightmare Night' fiasco.'", he took another bite from his meal and playfully swatted his wife's hoof as she dared to snag one of his strawberries. "Ha!", he chuckled. "We managed to snag a few young officers from Canterlot who didn't mind moving to Ponyville, and we were able to acquire the services of an old solider, who took a break from retirement to lend me a hoof."

"Miss Cassie-Role has cooked for pretty much anypony who is anypony.", Fire whispered, "She even taught my old teacher Sergeant Greasy Spoon and as soon as he retired, he became a chef of great known as well. Last I saw him, he was serving on Prince Blueblood's airship. Now have some of these stuffed mushrooms. They're amazing."

• 2 weeks later...

"Stop. Teasing. Me." muttered the stallion at the mention of Fire's ponydex costume, while heavily blushing himself. Thankfully Wind once again defused the situation. While may be rolling her eyes at the interruption Squall was quite grateful. He and Moto will have time all for themselves later, right now it was much more important to get better knowing of his sweetheart family.

"Please tell me you still have something so sit on." Squall asked, hinting at house emptiness.

His worries were unnecessary. While the room lacked enough furniture that calling it barren would be justified, it still had a benches for ponies to rest their hindquarters, and table to put food plates on.

"Geez Daddy, you could have waited before we all sat down before you started wolfing down your food."

"That's soldier habit Wind. You want understand unless you been in Army." said Squall. His tone of voice however implied that he knew that she was familiar with such appetite. How could she not be? With basically everpony in family being in REA, the meals couldn't last long.

"I remember I had to work hard to get rid of this habit. I almost breathed my last because of it." noble pony recalled memory from his Unyasi days. Uhhh that wasn't pleasant experience at all.

"Would you believe, until recently, Ponyville did not have an permanently standing watch?"

".....Actually yes. yes I could." Swift Squall answered. Unfortunately, he didn't elaborate from what this belief stemmed from. Squall didn't spoke during rest of the Major's monologue, instead focusing on the food. And by Celestia, Fire wasn't overestimating at all. That was some best dishes he ever ate. Unlike the Brass however Swift savored the taste, letting his noble manners - imprinted on him in childhood - pilot his movements. Sqall wasn't shy in using his telekinesis, passing the plates to other feaster's.

"Miss Cassie-Role has cooked for pretty much anypony who is anypony.", Fire whispered, "She even taught my old teacher Sergeant Greasy Spoon and as soon as he retired, he became a chef of great known as well. Last I saw him, he was serving on Prince Blueblood's airship. Now have some of these stuffed mushrooms. They're amazing."

"How nice for her to pass her craft." Squall whispered back after swallowing the bite from the croquets he was tasting."Although if she would try to tutor me instead, Miss Cassie-Role would find out that I am hopeless case." swordpony wasn't afraid to make a crack at his culinary skills, or rather lack of them.

Unicorn gazed out of the window, to turn his gaze from the food at the moment. He cocked his eyebrow upon seeing that streets were strangely crowded and...lively for the meal time. What's with all those Guards?

iFDIiMpm.png

Punk Walker

Finally! The sweet sweet sensation of freedom! Punk Walker had at last been granted permission to visit his family. Though Punk highly suspected that the commanding officer simply wanted to get rid of him for a while til he gets his sanity back on track again. Putting ants in the slightly-ant-scared-officer's bed might not have been the brightest idea ever. If one was to ask Punk himself on the other hand he'd say it was hilarious. Anyways, that was highly irrelevant for Punk at the current moment. He was gonna meet his sisters!

There he was, casually paddling himself over Canterlot on his little tuft of cloud using his wings. Why? Because giving effort is silly. Punk has been very excited about surprising his family. They were usually not the kind to pull Punk Walker away from his duties but who needs permission to share some love with your folks? That was why he wanted to surprise them! He soared down to their house and smirked widely to himself. Punk had an excellent idea.

AND IN THROUGH THE SLIGHTLY OPENED MAIN DOOR DROPPED SUDDENLY A BOMB OF PUNK. No one would have suspected it! It would be the ultimate surprise! Punk Walker was truly a genius! He landed as planned with a heavy *THUMP* inside the house and saw to his disappointment that no one was around to watch his acrobatics. Though his temporary sadness was soon long gone once he could smell the enrapturing aromas from the dining area. And into the dining area he bolted. "I am back!" Punk Walker declared loudly to everyone that was around to hear him. "Isn't it simply great to have your favorite brother and son back in the house again!?  I have missed you!" He gave every single one around a piece of his wide smile until he reached Swift Squall when instead he arched an eyebrow. He grabbed a little snack from Wind Walkers plate before he flew up over the table until his head was right in front of Squall's eyes. He traced Wind's food to his mouth and slowly chewed it as he continued staring at the unicorn before him. "Who's your guest? I haven't seen him before." Punk asked with a mouthful and took another chew from the food he held onto. "Is he one of your old friends, Daddy?"

Tacobob invited me so blame him, not me x3

20t2rn4.jpg

The red mare playfully winked and stuck out her tongue, “I’ll stop only when that look you make stops being so freaking adorable. So that will probably be never then.", she whispered as they made their way towards the dining room. "And yes, we still have benches. Shame the old table isn't going to Ponyville. We've had in the family for hundreds of years. But it wouldn't even fit in the dining room they have over in Ponyville. Thankfully Cordy will be taking it off our hooves. He and Jammy apparently are going to be expecting foal number two in a few months.", Fire Walker continued to whisper.

Ciraxis, on 24 Feb 2015 - 3:10 PM, said:

"That's soldier habit Wind. You want understand unless you been in Army." said Squall. His tone of voice however implied that he knew that she was familiar with such appetite. How could she not be? With basically everpony in family being in REA, the meals couldn't last long.

“Nah, Grandma said he used to eat like this when he was a little colt. Urm.”, Wind Walker quickly corrected herself, “A colt. Daddy was never little.”,  the little filly glanced down at the food that her mother had prepared for her with a frown on her face, “Dadd....”, she started to ask her father a question, but the mushrooms were already gone before she could even start to ask if he wanted her nasty ‘fungi’ stuffed with something extra yucky. Satisfied that the ‘gross’ stuff was off her plate, the little pony found a safer source of foodstuff, which was a small grouping of scalloped potatoes. This she devoured ever so happily.

Brass Hat started to speak, but was 'nudged' by his wife. He glanced toward her direction and watched as she pointed to a neatly folded paper towel that rested near his plate. Getting the hint, he quickly wiped a few hints of food from his mouth before he spoke, "Even before the changeling mess or Princess Luna's return, Ponyville has always been a strange little place. When I was a much younger officer, a few of the boys and I were sent to track down some hikers that managed to get themselves into a world of trouble in the Everfree. When we found them, they were both muttering some crazy talk about a little village in the woods were the inhabitants shaved off their cutie marks and all turned into shadow monsters with glowing eyes at night. Of course we could not find this village, and they also had a few not-so-nice substances in their packs, but now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if they were telling the truth."

Ciraxis, on 24 Feb 2015 - 3:10 PM, said:

"How nice for her to pass her craft." Squall whispered back after swallowing the bite from the croquets he was tasting."Although if she would try to tutor me instead, Miss Cassie-Role would find out that I am hopeless case." swordpony wasn't afraid to make a crack at his culinary skills, or rather lack of them.

"Well.", it was the mare's turn to speak, "She teaches classes at...er...", she glanced at the stallion and followed his eyes, "What are you..."

Quillhart, on 28 Feb 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

plate before he flew up over the table until his head was right in front of Squall's eyes. He traced Wind's food to his mouth and slowly chewed it as he continued staring at the unicorn before him. "Who's your guest? I haven't seen him before." Punk asked with a mouthful and took another chew from the food he held onto. "Is he one of your old friends, Daddy?"

"Punky, please sit yourself down and I will get a plate ready for you.", Write Stuff got up from the bench and made her way towards the buffet table.

The little blue filly was rather excited to see her big brother, and quickly gave  him a hug, causing her plate to bounce off the table. Thankfully, Fire Walker was quick, and she managed to catch it before the contents were scattered. She returned it to the table, "Oh feathers, I thought you two met before. Maybe that was Moon? Oh heck, I should make a list....This is Sir Swift Squall.", she waved a hoof towards the unicorn, "My colt-friend. I'm almost one hundred percent sure I've spoken about him to you before...We were stuck on that island together. We fought the changelings together."

"Wise." Squall praised the family decision when Fire mentioned the table "It would be shame for such heirloom to be found in outsider hooves."

The meal continued but not without the little event. Squall observed the Wind from aside and her reaction upon seeing the shrooms on her plate. They were quickly removed from her plate and the meal continued, and Squall decided to not reveal that he was watching this closely.. After the moment Swift decided to bring the anecdote.

"You know...many sportponies bring the mushrooms to their diet." stallion said to nopony in particular as he gazed on one fungus impaled on the fork levitating before him.

"I remember that my mother herself mentioned that she used to include them in her own menu when she was at high of her carrier. Of course it's important to not overdue it. The mushrooms are digested with more difficulty then other foods but beneficial effects outweigh it heavily. Not only they contain nutrients that found in scarce amounts in even fruits and vegetables, many of them produce natural antibiotics." after those words he devoured the one that he was staring at, apparently for emphasis.

"There is other even less known fact. All of mushrooms are edible. The catch is, some of them only once." he added, with a straight face. Well it was his first attempt to make a joke for...how long was it? He wanted to say years but his memories told him it was probably with Dunder. Honestly half the time they were joshing at each other. Squall made some friends since he resolved to change his life after moving to Fillydelphia, but Blust was the only one that he could quip like that.

That thought were interrupted when his ears cached the sound made in other part of the house. Others were to busy with food to hear the sound, but not Swift ,who more then once had to relay on his hearing in dangerous places.

"Somepony..." he started, but wasn't fated to finish as whole lot of pegasus blitzed into the room. The after-mentioned piece of pegasus them proceeded to give all of gathered members of Walker family a lot of affection. When he gazed at the Swift however noblepony was only greeted with fascinated eyebrow. Unicorn decided to respond in identical manner.

"Must been another one of Moto's brothers. But which one?" swordpony wondered. When he however give a question towards Major Brass (which indeed confirmed that he was sibling of Fire and Wind) Squall felt obligated to whisper to his sweetheart without turning towards her.

"I...don't look that old. Aren't I?" he asked for confirmation.

Luckily Moto was quick with bringing the nobelpony a whole lot of 'who', 'when' and 'what' before Swift himself could make any questions. She really started to get insightful of his thought's process.

"You doing that again Moto." unicorn commented when she called him Sir again. However he did so without any malice. Maybe he should give up on this? When it came to some things, Fire would prove to be inconvertible. Unicorn remembered that she mentioned that she found this 'cute'. Honestly Sir Swift thought....Here we go! Her habit started to rub on him, even in inner monologues!

"Oh feathers, I thought you two met before. Maybe that was Moon? Oh heck, I should make a list....This is Sir Swift Squall.", she waved a hoof towards the unicorn, "My colt-friend. I'm almost one hundred percent sure I've spoken about him to you before...We were stuck on that island together. We fought the changelings together."

"It's alright, it doesn't matter." Squall said before giving Punk a warm smile without showing his teeth.

"I myself recall that Fire talked a lot about her older brother." noblepony said before taking a sip from a glass before him. At last, Swift begun to feel completely comfortable and at ease when in presence of pegasus siblings parents.

• 3 weeks later...

244of1i.jpg

“Nothing is going to be tossed out.”, Fire Walker assured her favorite stallion, “We had a few things of value that will be going to a few Equestrian museums. One of our very early ancestor’s for example. ‘Lord’ Maximus’ full plate armor will be going to a place up north, and Great Aunt’s Stardust’s Wonderbolt uniform will be going to a place up in Cloudsdale. I called the entire R.E.A-Hist-yclopedia. It’s about sixty tomes, all very large, plus ten updates. I intend to read every single tome., she added proudly before she whispered, “I just need to get through Admiral Fairweather’s chapter. The good Admiral was a genius in the field and an flyer without equal, but when it came to writing, eh.", she shrugged her shoulders, "A bit on the dry side."

Ciraxis, on 04 Mar 2015 - 6:34 PM, said:
"You know...many sportponies bring the mushrooms to their diet." stallion said to nopony in particular as he gazed on one fungus impaled on the fork levitating before him.

The little filly puffed her cheeks out in disgust as the older pony tried to convince her to enjoy the mushrooms that had been mixed in with her meal, "No thanks Mister Swift, once I get more into sports, I'll skip the nasty fungi and go straight to the jugs of 'Brawndo'. It's the thirst mutilator! And don't feel too bad, both mom, dad, Fire and Punk have tried me to eat yecky mushy-rooms. They also tried to get me to eat Succotash and Garbanzo Beans! Bleh!"

It took Wind Walker a moment to get the unicorn's joke, "Er, you mean cause you'll eat a bad one, and then die? I don't think that's going to get me to eat mushed rooms. Not ever. Sorry. And besides, I need to save some of my appetite for desert. Heard it's gonna be awe-some!", she sung the last word.

Ciraxis, on 04 Mar 2015 - 6:34 PM, said:
"I...don't look that old. Aren't I?" he asked for confirmation.

The red Pegasus mare chuckled softly as her stallion spoke, "Well, I prefer that they know you do have a title..Heck, if I was granted a 'Ladyship' I'd probably want everypony know.", she added with a wink, "As for the age.", she lowered her voice, "Father has a small group of young officers that he has been looking after lately. They're officers with unbridled talent, and the higher uppers wanted father to spend some extra time with them before Mom, Little Blue and he moved to Ponyville. They're about our age and father tends to treat them more like friends than students". She was still a little confused. Hadn't Punk met Swift Squall before? This was going to bug her.

Once dinner had been finished and cleared from the table, Write Stuff quickly vanished and entered the dining room with a covered platter on her back, "Oooh! Desert time!", Wind sung once again.....

Archived