Meet My Parents: Canterlot Cataclysm (Closed)

Ciraxis

iFDIiMp.pngAm I great enough?!

Punk walker hurriedly pulled up a chair and took a seat as his mother's suggested. He returned the heartfelt smile to the noble stallion, mot long after he had given his sister the hug she deserved.  Though while his eyes winched at the word "colt-friend", punk's smile was kept completely intact. Something mischievous glistened for a second behind his gaze as his protective-brother side kicked in within him. It was evident that something was going down inside, and it was on its way out!

"Sooo, Swift was it? Changeling fighter? Islander?" His smile widened and he leaned in closely, making sure to have intense eye contact at all times. Punk continued with the smoothest voice he could utter. "How much have you heard about me. You see, I'm not your conventional Walker. Frankly the opposite. You'd call me 'The black sheep' if you prefer." He was almost up on the table again by now, staring directly into Swift's eyes. His wide smile suddenly vanished as he continued without any expression. "I have no boundaries, my dearest Swift Squall." Aaaaand the smile is back! "But enough about me! How about you? Why are you the best companion a mare could ever dream of? Hmm?" Punk sat back again in his chair and made an exciting 'woo' along with Wind at the dessert. Some hoof-flailing later he was all over the platter Write Stuff had brought with her. 

Then he covered his mouth so Fire Walker wouldn't see. Though Punk was clearly loud enough for her to hear when he jokingly whispered to Swift that he indeed looks as old as the books Fire Walker is reading. What a bore, amirite?

Yeah it's short and sucky, sorry, I'm trying to get back into things properly this time :)

• 2 weeks later...

“Nothing is going to be tossed out.”, Fire Walker assured her favorite stallion, “We had a few things of value that will be going to a few Equestrian museums. One of our very early ancestor’s for example. ‘Lord’ Maximus’ full plate armor will be going to a place up north, and Great Aunt’s Stardust’s Wonderbolt uniform will be going to a place up in Cloudsdale."

"That uhhh great." Squall blubbered. It was exactly what he would call 'tossing out'. Then again, not everypony  had over 100,000 square hooves of living space to spare. Although if Fire's parents would really need it that much, they wouldn't move out, did they?

“ I called the entire R.E.A-Hist-yclopedia. It’s about sixty tomes, all very large, plus ten updates. I intend to read every single tome., she added proudly before she whispered, “I just need to get through Admiral Fairweather’s chapter. The good Admiral was a genius in the field and an flyer without equal, but when it came to writing, eh.", she shrugged her shoulders, "A bit on the dry side."

"Uhhh don't remind me." noblepony whispered back. "His diaries were a reading during Royal Guard training. For a guy who couldn't write an interesting letter he surly left a lot of material." he added in deadpan voice.

"If I only knew that was a three plays detailing his life..." Swift gave a heavy sigh. He remembered how he head-banged a wall for three minutes straight after he found about this himself, before other cadets discouraged him from continuing. And after that he burnt all the copies of diaries he bought. It was immensely satisfying.

The little filly puffed her cheeks out in disgust as the older pony tried to convince her to enjoy the mushrooms that had been mixed in with her meal, "No thanks Mister Swift, once I get more into sports, I'll skip the nasty fungi and go straight to the jugs of 'Brawndo'. It's the thirst mutilator!"

Well he didn't managed to convince a little Wind. Well at least he tried. Squall however cocked his eyebrow when he heard about this 'Brawndo' stuff.

"Don't rely on that sewage too much kid. Those companies can pitch whatever and however they want, but business that's century old at best can't beat old good Mother Nature who had millions to make her products." unicorn said, making his dislikes of those 'energy drinks' quite clear.

"And don't feel too bad, both mom, dad, Fire and Punk have tried me to eat yecky mushy-rooms. They also tried to get me to eat Succotash and Garbanzo Beans! Bleh!"

"Count yourself lucky when you have a choice." swordpony muttered before taking another bite of his meal. All that talk about food made him recall one of his trips to Soggalong Swamp. Nothing but bland mushrooms and bamboo for whole three weeks. Honestly the bounty he was after back then was not worthy such torture of his taste buds.

"On the second thought you maybe indeed wish to give up on shrooms." Swift reconsidered.

The red Pegasus mare chuckled softly as her stallion spoke, "Well, I prefer that they know you do have a title..Heck, if I was granted a 'Ladyship' I'd probably want everypony know.", she added with a wink.

"Trust me, it got old when I was a kid. I always wondered how Celestia bears with it. Unless 'Princess' happens to be her first name."

He didn't had much to say about Major Brass experience with training younger officers. Obviously a change of residence would hamper that endeavor a little. Nobelpony wondered if decision about raising higher rank qualifications came before or after Nightmare Night. If the former it was example of rather poor timing seeing how events turned out.

His attention was quickly snatched by Fire other family member. Punk Walker wasn't it? And while Moto's parents turned out to be a really cool couple, Punk seemed to deserve that 'black sheep' moniker. Swift had seen a similar wisecracking slickers in taverns all over the world. The only difference was that instead of being backstabbing greedy dirtbag, this one appeared to be knight templar brother. Which wasn't really helping any perspective of the two taking a liking towards the other.

"Sooo, Swift was it? Changeling fighter? Islander?" His smile widened and he leaned in closely, making sure to have intense eye contact at all times.

"I usually call it Friday." Squall snarked while matching Punky fiery stare with his own piercing gaze.

Punk continued with the smoothest voice he could utter. "How much have you heard about me. You see, I'm not your conventional Walker. Frankly the opposite."

"Oh, you came with accessories then." swordpony didn't missed an opportunity to snipe at fiery-maned stallion. His voice was as polite as it could be, but there was quite a lot of splinters underneath it.

" You'd call me 'The black sheep' if you prefer." He was almost up on the table again by now, staring directly into Swift's eyes.

"I stay with a Punk, thank you very much. It seems very fitting." Squall put emphasis on last two words. Unlike Fire's brother he remained on his seat, to show how much more in control he was.

His wide smile suddenly vanished as he continued without any expression. "I have no boundaries, my dearest Swift Squall."

"Well unless you officially recognized as country by Allied Kingdoms, then it's rather given." noblepony gave another deadpan quip. He heard that this Walker had a sharp tongue but apparently youngest Squallcoast was holding his own.

"But enough about me! How about you? Why are you the best companion a mare could ever dream of? Hmm?" Punk sat back again in his chair and made an exciting 'woo' along with Wind at the dessert.

"Ohh I don't know, you tell me.Take a pick." unicorn half-whispered towards the Punk.

"Because I would throw myself on my own blade for her? Probably too cliché even if true. Then maybe that I am sole heir of two fortunes, forty seen and twenty nine billion bits respectively? Not counting worth of estates we own. Hmm what else, what else? I once was forced to kill full grown dragon on my own. Does that count? Ohh I know." out off sudden he dropped affable tone and leaned towards Punk, his word dripping with icy cold hatred.

"One day I will make sure that Sombra would wish sobbing that he wasn't half-living for what he did to her." Swift whispered before returning to much more comfortable position.

"Ohhh dessert! Please tell me it's chocolate fondant." nobelpony said in merry tone, as if entire conversation with Fire's brother didn't happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Brass Hat’s ears flopped over and a look of slight annoyance fell upon the large stallion’s face as his son spoke. The Pegasus looked as if he were about to say something, but stopped with Wind Walker elbowed him the side and pointed out that there was still some food left at the table. This distracted him long enough as not to make things even more awkward than they were at the moment.

2djzzgi.jpg

Wind Walker was not impressed by the stallion's distaste for her favorite drink. "Pfft.", she whinnied, "Almost makes it sound like you're a friend of thirst.", the filly winked back at the older pony, "Something Brawndo has sworn to defeat. At least he was in a rather poorly animated commercial. Not sure if his lips moved along with his words. But if you can't trust an talking drink bottle, who can you trust?" Knowing what was coming up, the filly excused herself and finished off the rest of her meal knowing that if she even left a single scrap on her plate, her feather would swoop down and finish it for her.

xbzhv8.jpg

Like her father, Fire Walker was not terribly keen on what her brother had to say, and like the older pony, she kept her opinions of the matter to herself. Once Swift had finished his little verbal sword-play with her brother, she spoke up, "I've read that both Celestia and her sister were born alicorns, so I can only assume she just had to deal with it. But things were a bit different than what they are today, as I'm sure you know.", she reached over to give her stallion a kiss on the cheek. This disguised the fact that she was actually whispering to the noblepony, "Please do not take what my brother says as personal. It's just him."

"

"Ohhh dessert! Please tell me it's chocolate fondant." nobelpony said in merry tone, as if entire conversation with Fire's brother didn't happened.

"Not sure.", Write Stuff placed the platter on the table and removed the top, "Oh, it's Gâteau Fondant au Chocolat." She was obviously a fan. Once the table had been cleared, and proper desert plates had been hoofed out, it was time for some desert! "Remember dear.", she eyed her husband, "There's six of us. So go easy with your portion."

OOC: Brass Hat (and his wife and Wind) were ordered to Ponyville after the events of Nightmare Night to help create and train a small platoon of guard to keep Ponyville safe.. This RP takes place before they move..

Archived