Grey Scion [Ready]

CrazyScion

Moved to CC as requested.

Roleplay Type: Canterlot Chronicles

Name: Grey Scion AKA Quickshot Scion

Sex: Male

Species: Earth Pony

Eye color: Emerald

Coat: His coat is grey and he wears a grey trench coat over a pair of grey shorts. A handle can be seen in his pocket where he keeps a razor sharp knife. Unseen, but notable is the fact he has several knives hidden all over his coat. He also wears a broken watch on his right wrist. The watch broke on the day of the Canterlot wedding, and he keeps it as a reminder of the day he saw things clearly.

Mane/Tail: His main is a dark grey that fades to a light grey and is combed strait. His tail is also a dark grey, short, and combed strait like his hair.

Physique: Though difficult to tell through his coat. He is very fit and even muscular in his shoulders and flank.

Residence: Canterlot

Occupation: Once was a PI that specialized in getting shots of things that others could not. He now has no job. Only a purpose.

Cutie Mark: Scion had earned his cutie mark as a little colt. He had joined the school paper and found he had a knack for taking quick precise pictures with his camera. He operated differently from past camera colts, that would hide and use long range cameras to take their pictures. He chose to instead interact with ponies to get closer to them and take pictures of them when they weren't looking. This of course was figured out quickly as people could tell who was taking the pictures. To remedy this Scion began working on disguises and practiced impersonating other Fillies and colts in his class. He also began using an alias to list his pictures, and chose to go by the name Qucikshot. As he perfected his impersonations and obtained better pictures, he eventually discovered his other talent. He found that when reviewing the images he recorded that he could pick out details that others overlooked, and that by taking several images and putting them together he could construct a bigger picture of things and come to interesting conclusions. It was on the day of a big project where he revealed that the teacher had a secret passion for dancing at night clubs that he earned his cutie mark. He got camera with a shiny lens and a golden glow to it. Scion declared himself Quickshot Scion that day as the teacher gave him detention for life and a stern lecture about prying into ponies lives. Quickshot's cutie mark stands for his ability to get a clear picture of things, and the bright light represents his bright future.

Cameracutiemark_zps0a42da04.png

Quickshot had always been a bit delusional, and saw the world being a bit more fantastical then it actually was. In fact as je got older, he found himself more and more losing touch with reality as he became dissatisfied with his life. He felt his life lacked the bit of chaos he needed to make things feel more fulfilling. There was no risk to his job, no evil ponies for him to investigate that would threaten his life or pursue him to keep their secrets. The closest thing to an “Evil” business leader was Filthy Rich, and he was really more of a smug jerk than actually evil. It wasn't like there was no evil, but whenever the day came that an actual evil being was suddenly free from its prison ready to wreak havoc on Equestria. The Elements of Harmony would show up and blast it away, in the same day no less. The world just felt so stale without any conflict in it, and what little conflict that did exist was so mild.

It was not until a month before the Canterlot wedding that Quickshot had gotten his first real bit of excitement. Quickshot hadn't known much about changelings and in truth had thought they were just a myth. So it really startled him when one tried to jump him in an alleyway, but the changeling was starved for love and Quickshot easily avoided capture and even turned the tables on his assailant by bashing him over the head with his camera. He tied the changeling up and was going to go alert the authorities, but his curiosity got the better of him. He wondered when he would ever get another chance to meet a changeling. So he decided to "question" the changeling, and with some persuasion the changeling, Stich he was informed, told him his story, and what a story it was. That day Quickshot learned of the badlands and what life was like living in fear. Stich told him that it was a terrible place to live with all the danger and chaos, but Quickshot was fascinated by the idea. He had never imagined life could be so thrilling, and was excited at the mere idea of it all. He then thought about Equestria and how easy life was compared to the badlands. This utopia, ruled by Princess Celestia, was devoid of such danger and conflict. It was on that day that Quickshot’s view of the world, started to skew, and the camera on his flank faded ever so slightly. In his excitement Quickshot chose to help Stitch instead of turning him in. He even let him impersonate his identity, and taught him how to better impersonate him. In exchange Stich told Quickshot more about his home lands, and the views that he had of the world, that came from living in such conditions. Quickshot simply reveled in this information as he began to form his own new world views based on it.

It was on the day of the Canterlot wedding that Stich had insisted that come with him to see it, and maybe get some secret shots of the bride and groom. Quickshot had been reluctant at first, but eventually went along with Stich’s idea, oblivious to the real reason. Stich had of course impersonated one of the guests and insisted that Quickshot was a friend to get them in. The events that followed happened so fast that the only really important developments was that the Princess, thought to be Cadence, was Queen Chrysalis in disguise and that the city was suddenly under attack by changelings. Quickshot had tried to immediately run when the attack started, but was captured by Stich and restrained by the strange changeling goo. He ended up witnessing the Elements of Harmony running through town as they were swarmed by Changelings, and watched as they were captured and dragged back to the wedding. Quickshot thought that he should cry at such a sight, but he felt instead an overwhelming sense of joy start to come over him. It was the first time that the Elements had failed. The problem wasn’t going to be just blasted away by a rainbow beam, and life was going to be much harder, more dangerous, more chaotic, and more exciting. However, Quickshot’s delusions were cut short, as a field of pink expanded from the castle and began blasting changelings away. He had but a moment to think as he tackled Stich off the road and into the sewer system. As the blast washed over them Stich was slammed against him and they were both sent tumbling across the walls, until coming to rest at the edge of the city.

Stich was of course very confused by Quickshot’s decision to save him, but all his questions died when he got a good look at the stallion before him. Quckshot’s once reddish coat had turned a solid grey, his eyes had changed from a bright orange to a deep emerald color, and his cutie mark was now colorless, the lens on the camera broken, and the whole thing was cast in shadow. Grey had drawn a conclusion that day, and that conclusion changed him on a fundamental level. He believed that the world would never see true conflict if things continued the way it was going. He believed that if he wanted to see the world change, then he needed to be that change. Just like the day he declared himself “Quickshot” he declared himself “Grey” that day. He told the changeling that he saved him, because he wanted someone to take his place. He didn’t want people to wonder what happened to him, and in exchange for taking his place he would get to keep being a spy for the changelings as well as feed on the love of his friends and family. As long as he never told anyone what happened to the real Quickshot he would in turn keep the Changeling identity a secret. It really was a perfect deal for the changeling, so he of course agreed. The camera's broken lens represents Grey's broken view of the world, the lack of color representing his grey morals, and the shadow representing his dark future.

BrokenCameracutiemark_zps0960e5cb.png

History: Scion grew up in Canterlot and attended one of the many private schools to get his education. His family wasn't rich or anything, but they made a bit more than the usual parents. His Dad was a small time actor and his mom was a wedding photographer. They both had very eratic work schedules do to all their work was dependent on people calling them with a job. Scion had always believed that going forward in life took hands on work, and that if you wanted something done that you shouldn't be afraid to do it yourself. Scion always enjoyed spending his time hanging out with his parents, when they had the time, as well as going out with his friends on the weekend. He also enjoyed playing logic games, and of course when neither his friends nor family were available. He loved to investigate random people in the city to see what they had to hide.

After the incident with Stich Grey went into hiding and let Stich take over his old life. He chose to live as a freelancer and began taking odd work all around Equestria. He started collecting knives and as a side hobby began practicing using his quick draw skills to make quick and precise slashes. His true goal and hobby that would encompass his life for the next couple some odd years was his investigation of the Elements of Harmony, and anyone that had come into contact with them. He took trips to many parts of Equestria to track down acquaintances of the Element Bearers like the famous Iron Will and infamous "Great and Powerful" Trixie. Grey hoped to learn enough about the Element Bearers so that he can one day destroy them and the dammed rainbow power that they wielded. He didn't, however; intend to do it through sheer force and power. He was after all only an earth pony, and even if he did have power. He took Tirak as an example that one could not simply overcome the bearers with power alone. He did however get from Tirak and even better idea...Choice. When it came to being faced with an impossible choice of choosing to save her friends or giving up her alicorn magic. Twilight had chosen her friends, and so he concluded that if he was to change Equestria he needed to make. He would make sure that Twilight and her friends made the choices that lead to its fall. He also took a lesson from Discord, before his reform. The lesson being that all ponies have doubts in their hearts and that they can be driven to be something darker by invoking these feelings or, in his case, by forcing them out with a hypnotism spell. However, the idea was there and he intended to utilize it.

Character Summary: Character Summary: Despite Grey’s very dark life goals and questionable morals, he still acts like a fairly normal pony. He is very inquisitive and still does detective work, and will question ponies about their past, motives, and life goals. He has a bit of a cynical air about him due to always having a fake feeling smile on his face, even when he is actually happy. He tends to talk a lot about life in Equestria, and will tend to try to pry into peoples personal affairs. He will also try to play on people’s doubts and negative feelings, in order to rile them up. He wants people to see the world in the same dark light he does, and loves to talk to would be heroes. In order to find out what motivates them, and crush that motivation. He sometimes will take on a disguise and act completely unlike himself in order to get closer to someone, but the inner thoughts and motivations are still the same. Thanks to years of practice and the use of his camera to take pictures whenever possible. Grey has become very good at picking out flaws in people and bring those flaws to the surface. His weakness is actually in his own investigative skills. He is great at putting things together when he has the time to sit and contemplate what he knows, but on the fly he has drawn some awful conclusions in the past. So, he tends to distrust his own judgment when it comes to the first conclusions he draws. He is not easy to anger, but when he does lose his cool. Grey tends to fly into a violent rage and believes that showing ponies true cruelty and evil is a good way to change their view on the world. Grey has no strong fears, but had grown paranoid overtime due to the nature of his work, and tends to proceed on the overcautious side. He makes many plans of action in the event things go in a bad direction and if spooked will often jump the gun when it comes to enacting these plans.

GreyScion_zps32b34be7.png?t=1407885991

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

My apologies for not looking at this app sooner.

Looks good to me! All of the required fields are filled and it's very well written!

Recommending this app for further Senior RPH analysis!

:D:D:D

Mojo I realize it is busy latletly and I don't want to sound impatient, but after getting accepted a character CC. How long does it usually take before your able to post in CC?

It honestly depends on how busy the Admins are. It could be anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days.

Is a week and two days normal then? Not that I'm pressuring. If they are busy I tottally understand. I just wanted to be sure it was because they were busy and not because they overlooked me or something. I actually had a character approved a week and two days ago. That's why I was wondering.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still working on it. I've had a really slow week for writing due to not having any free time in the morning. I do all my best writing after just waking up, but I have only had time at night to write while I'm tired and it makes the work a lot slower as I'm partially out of my mind while tired. Still despite the slow downs. I have a word document with the changes on it, and I'll leave a post mentioning the update when it is complete, or at least good enough for me to feel I can leave it alone for a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Not yet. I am suffering from a bit of writing burnout and have a half finished post, and half finished edits sitting on my word documents. I am very sorry for the delay, as I had not anticipated this dry spell of motivation. If you need me to. I will hold my changes and try again later. I don't want to be a bother.

Archived