Adventures in Trend Setting (Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Martini Paradise)

Bramble Rose

"You might not offer to take challenges openly, but would you turn down one if a pony came into your boutique and requested something outside of your norm? Your boutique is like my piano, it is hard to turn down requests, and as part of my job, I am sometimes required to take requests of the audience, so it is something I am quite used to."

Rarity nodded at what she was told as she considered it. "I do understand what you are saying when it is said in those terms," she said. "Though there remain some key differences. I do think my reputation amongst other designers would suffer if I were to make a point in my advertising of my ability to match any style, after all. The artistry is what I must make my name on, not the skills with which I realize it."

She offered a smile to the musician and nodded once more. "More than seeing you play any request, I think I find I would be much more impressed to hear an original composition."

"Well Miss Rarity, if I'm ever in Ponyville, I may have to visit your boutique. Please the pleasure is mine. Out of professional curiosity, I was told each designer chose their own music for the runway, which did you choose?"

Rarity giggled at the question. "It's a delightfully grand mix carefully chosen to match my rather assertive new line. Louder, more brash and modern than what I normally would go with, but powerful. I won't go into the details for fear that I might spoil the surprise, but the music was carefully chosen to match each of the exciting new outfits I will be displaying."

“So Dash tells me you are one of the designers here, are you two in the show together? Like, are you one of her models, Dash? You would definitely look elegant in some of the dresses I have seen being moved to the staging area.”

"Me?  As a model?  Oh, no, Rarity only goes for the best.  Not that I wouldn't be *awesome* at it, but I think models aren't supposed to be awesome.  Nor cool nor radical.  They're, like, supposed to be delicate and refined! Who *is* your model this trip, Rarity?  Do they have, like, uh ...  free agent models here, just in case something happens?"

Rarity turned a bit red and gave an awkward laugh, realizing the situation she had put herself in. She truly should have asked Dash about the modelling earlier. This was hardly the ideal means for it. She looked down at her drink and then at the barmare and then at Dash. What was she going to say here...?

After a moment, she laughed. "You have it all wrong, Rainbow dear. There isn't a way that all models are supposed to be. Rather the model is supposed to be such that she compliments the clothes she wears. Not all dresses are delicate and refined and so of course models need not always be that way either," she said with confidence. "The line I'm here to show is not all finery and frills. it's bold, exciting, daring--inspired by my recent and harrowing adventures in search of the Mist Prism Plant, the colorful iridescent dye of which I used in my accents."

She went increasingly flush then and became quieter. "Truth be told, I actually was hoping you might help me to model the line..." she admitted.

"Pardon me for being forward Miss Rarity, but.. mentioning fashion week... one of my colleagues mentioned a mare who had some progressive designs that ended up winning... that wasn't you... was it?"

At these words, Rarity turned back toward Haromic. She smiled and nodded at her, pleased to see her reputation following her. "Indeed, that was me. Hotel Chic. Speaking of improvisation, there it was on full display. It still surprises me that I pulled that off..."

She looked toward Rainbow, feeling a fondness mixed with a tinge of regret. "Of course, the only reason I was able to do so was because of incredible friends like Rainbow here. They saved me, even when I didn't deserve it, and for that the victory at Fashion Week belongs to them as much as it does I."

• 3 weeks later...

Martini Paradise was bemused by Rainbow Dash's demeanor when it came to discussing the blue pegasus' status as part of the Wonderbolts.  It was obvious Dash was proud of her position in the elite squad, but she also attempted to be humble about the whole situation, and play if off as not big deal.  That was fine with martini, she didn't want to call attention to her conflicting emotions if it was going to cause a customer any discomfort.  

It was going to be amusing though to bring up with Sunrise that she meant one of her daughter's heroes as the  filly never seem to differentiate between starters and reservists when it came to her beloved Wonderbolts; it wouldn't hurt to give Dash a little ego boost either.  "Sunrise talks and talks about how you guys are the greatest athletes in Equestria and memorizes your names, stats, and so on.  She can be get a bit obsessive about it but fortunately not so obsessive that it causes problems in school, or at her job, or making friends".  Martini thought about asking for an autograph for her daughter, but figure that would be unprofessional as she was 'on the clock'.

Martini nodded to the piano player's simple request and reached out to snag a bottle of Fet Loch whiskey from the shelf.  It spun over her hoof as she brought it down, her horn glowing as she brought over a tumbler from the clean glasses, and the two came together with a clink and a few quick splashes of the golden liquid.  She floated the bottle back to its place as her hoof slid the tumbler across to the musician.  "One Fet Loch whiskey, neat."  It was a very simple showing but yet again there weren't any fancy ways to poor such a drink.

What Martini found most interesting is that Rarity appeared to intend her friend to be the model for the white unicorn's line but somehow neglected to ask before now.  Judging from the blushing it seemed there was definitely more going on between the pair.  That would have been quite awkward to ask about so Martini just went with the complimentary line, "wow Miss Dash, a Wonderbolt and a model, you must be the talk of the town back at your home and no doubt a turner for more than a few ponies' heads!"

Dash chuckled softly.  "There's a filly on my hoofball team named Sunrise who's a pretty big fan, too.  Small world, huh?  Two different fillies who both - " she paused a moment as she got several ponies talking towards her.

"Oh, yeah!" she said to Dissy.  "The music was pretty rockin'!  I dunno bout requests - I know a few bands and stuff, but don't really pay too much attention.  Just play something ... awesome, y'know?  Or cool.  Cool's good too."

But then Rarity was saying something, and Dash felt butterflies go rippling through her stomach.  She was expecting Dash to WHAT?!  She hadn't mentioned anything about that!  It was one thing to get all dolled up in Rarity's place where nopony would see her, but to do it in public?  In fancy-shmancy nose-lifted public?  Where her mistakes would mean Rarity would look bad?

Sure, Dash didn't really have a problem showing off in front of folks, but that was because she practiced obsessively.  A thousand crashes in private so she wouldn't crash in public.  She doubted Rarity understood just how often Dash had pranced around in front of a mirror before finding JUST the right pose to show off that awesome rainbow armor Rarity had made for her, or the gala gown that had followed it.  And the weird walk that models had?  Dash was sure she'd trip over her own hooves more than a few times.

But still ... that mist prism plant had sounded kinda cool.  And the adventure, of course, when Rarity had told her all about it ... Rarity focused on the weirdest stuff, but get past the Rarity-speak and it sounded like it had indeed been quite the adventure!  Though Dash, of course, could have handled it easily if she'd been there.  Rarity had obviously been planning this a long time ... but as usual, she'd forgotten one little detail 'til the last minute, and that last minute detail was Dash herself...

Dash gave a weak little grin, doing her best to put a good face on it, and let out a 'ah-heh-heh-heh' laugh.  "Oh, Rarity, you're so absent-minded sometimes ... but you know I'd never let you down.  We'll talk ... um ... later.  Back in the room."  Oh no, did this mean that she always had to be on her best behavior here or she'd ruin Rarity's show?  She'd been planning on sitting in back and giving a few whistles and whoops for Rarity's gowns when they came out, show these stuffed shirts how to show appreciation ...

Martini's enthusiastic comments made her feel all the more queasy.  "Ah-heh.  Well.  I guess I get attention, yes ... "  She glanced nervously at Rarity as she trailed off.  Of course they'd assume she was a model ... because Rarity always used the best.  Rarity was a professional.  What was Rarity thinking?

• 2 weeks later...

Dissy slowly sipped on her whiskey as she listened Rarity's response... "I think that is the key difference in being a live performer. Though I don't make it a habit, open requests are a regular thing, especially at jam sessions." Then she voiced her opinion what she should play next. "Something original eh...? I think I could do that, but I'd like to hear what Dash wants as well." She responded, she had a few ideas swirling around in her head.  Some were on the quieter almost more classical side of jazz and the others more exciting and exuberant. Then she explained about her music choices and how it matched the line. There were only a few designers that chose a high energy set list for their fashions. Most elected for something more classy. She pondered for a moment taking another sip of the whiskey... She went through the list in her head... there were two standouts but she really couldn't place it definitively... This was sure to weigh on Dissy's mind until the show... though she supposed she could prod one more time... "Well with that description Miss Rarity it could only be a few, I think I have it narrowed down to a few... you couldn't possibly give me another hint... could you? I promise I won't tell" Dissy said with a wink and a grin.

There was an exchange between Miss Rarity and Dash about modeling. Dissy could only smile and sip her whiskey. "I've been told by several designers that my figure would do well for fashion, but if I did that, then I couldn't play gigs like this." Dissy jokingly interjected. Then Rarity told her about her fashion week almost disaster. "You know, I've been there before. Friends can be a great crutch. I can't say I enjoy being in that position, but having reliable friends in a creative art is something that is rare and wonderful. Especially if they are willing to put up with you under stress." She began to remember how her friends from music school still stuck up for her after she returned from her excursion and offered to help her back up. Little did they know at that point that her fate was already sealed on the road. "I do hope you hold those friends rather dear, I wouldn't be here if it weren't for those friends of mine." She said with a warm smile. Her friends were certainly stand up folk, and her folks and fam were no slouches either. 

Then Dash chimed in. Apparently she didn't really pay attention to artists or songs much but wanted to hear something 'awesome.' With that Dissy smiled. "That's what I wanted ta hear, so I suppose what you will get is something original and awesome." She polished off her Fet Loch whiskey "I think that may be an invitation to show off, I hope you ponies are ready." She sauntered off to the piano and sat down at the keys. She started hitting the keys furiously, like a mare possessed. 

Once she finished she was sweating a bit as she walked back, patting her forehead with a towel...This is why she could never keep her mane well styled, getting so engrossed by the piano not caring about what you look like... Wait... she realized something she needed to keep up appearances... "Well I hope that was sufficiently awesome enough and original enough..." she paused with a refreshed and satisfied grin on her face... "Erm... Miss Rarity... I've realized... my mane usually gets a bit... out of control when I play like that... you wouldn't happen to have a compact... It would be bad if my mane was completely unpresentable before the event even started."

• 3 weeks later...

Rarity nodded as Miss Dissonance made her comments about valuing friends. The events of her excursion to Manehattan replayed themselves in her head and she smiled weakly and then glanced aside to Rainbow. That had not been her shining moment. Much like how she had behaved at the Best Young Flier Competition at Rainbow's expense, it was a moment in her life which she regretted most deeply.

"Believe me dear, there is nothing I hold closer to my heart than my friends. They are everything to me," Rarity said in a low voice. "It is only that I can be rather staggeringly poor at controlling myself at times..." she added in a mutter, under her breath before giving a sigh.

She turned back toward Rainbow, allowing the musician to get to work playing her chosen piece. Almost from the start, Rarity found herself enthralled and invigorated by the choice of music, which was something unlike anything she had ever heard before. It was definitely original, and also definitely cool as Rainbow had wanted.

Rarity giggled softly at the hesitance she could see forming on Rainbow's face. It was pretty clear that the pegasus was having her doubts about what Rarity was asking of her. but there were signs as well perhaps that she wanted it. Rainbow was strangely cute like that, with her face marked with uncertainty and anticipation.

"We can discuss it all you like when we return to our room, darling, but this show does not provide the models for the designers as fashion week did. I am goiing to need someone for the job..." she said, smiling. "Besides, there is nothing for you to worry about. Looking awesome comes naturally to you."

After a few more moments, Miss Dissonance concluded her song. Rarity clapped her hooves in approval. "I must say I do approve, dear. If that was truly an original piece, you are an exceptional composer. Providing music for an event such as this is beneath you. You should be selling out grand concert halls!"

Rarity brought a compact out of her saddle bag upon the request and levitated it over toward the mare. "Personally, I think the look rather suits you, dear, but here you are," she said as she left the compact with the other pony.

• 2 weeks later...

Martini Paradise gave a bemused expression as Dash mentioned a filly named Sunrise on her hoofball team and apparently not yet connected the dots that they were both talking about the same pony.  Fortunately Martini had, after all her daughter could not help but mention n every letter or visit how ‘totally radical’ it was that her team coach was a Wonderbolt.  She wouldn't come right out and say they were both chatting about her daughter, but instead decided to play along, as she was sure the blue pegasus would figure it out sooner rather than later, “funny thing that, Sunrise is on the Ponyville Junior Hoofball team, her position is Striker I believe, and she always gushes how her coach is one of the Wonderbolts part time; it is indeed a small world!”

The pegasus mare quickly became distracted though by the revelation she would be the model for her friend’s fashion lineup.  What Martini found interesting though was how flustered Dash was and how awkward she and Rarity both were when it came to discussing the idea.  It was obvious they were close friends but given how Dash was fumbling verbally on the topic and Rarity was lavishing praise upon her friend, it made Martini curious that there was more between the pair than just friendship, perhaps a mutual attraction and neither have been able to work up the courage to admit?  Martini couldn’t help but muse on the pair's feeling for one another and it brought an impish smile to her face as she began to collect the emptied glasses.

I know it isn't long, but Martini's role here is minor, at least until things get crazy later. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash gave the musician a silent hoofbump as she returned from the *awesome* music, having no doubt that THIS pony was cool enough to be polite and recognize it for what it was.  And she puffed out her chest as Rarity expertly complimented her, knowing just how to banish her nervousness.  "That's true, that's true.  I am awesome," she admitted.

With that, she settled in for some small talk, and started to share a few stories with Martini about her daughter Sunrise, and then comparing favorite songs with Dissonance, and with an impish expression, sharing a few of her and Rarity's adventures that left Rarity less than tidy - but always Rarity.  She sipped at her drink and generally forgot about the fancy surroundings, lost instead in a pleasant morning chatting with friends both old and new.

I'm planning on shifting scenes with my next response - so everyone feel free to either close up this scene, or let me know there was something more you wanted to do in this scene and that you'd like to go for a bit longer before we skip ahead.

• 1 month later...

Dissy laughed at Rarity's comment. Having been there before, and not yet meeting someone who didn't get enthralled in what they love to lose their good sense, never mind artists and musicians whom are the worst of the bunch, she could only laugh. When she realized how hard she was laughing she had to stop, wiping a tear away. In the moment she forgot to switch back into the Canterlot standard accent. "Sorry bout that. I juss couldn' help myself. To me it is because you do what you do that you can lose yerself like that. It happens to us all, ya kno? If anypony were able to keep their cool when inspiration hit then notin would ever get created." She retorted to the mare's attitude about losing herself in the moment. Granted she knew things would still get done, she's done it outside of the flame of passion, but it takes longer. Dissy recalled the first time she composed a jazz piece with her mentor... it was after a long jam session, and then she realized it was 3 days later and she hadn't really slept and barely ate... Remembering this brought a warm smile to herself, even though she did put her mentor out a bit since she had to carry her to the next gig...

After Dissy came back from her song Rarity was clapping wildly and giving rather high praise while Rainbow Dash gave her a hoofbump without saying a word. While the pianist was used to clapping it was usually for bigger crowds and not nearly this intimate, she couldn't help but blush and rub behind her foreleg slightly embarrassed, but this time remembering to use the proper Canterlot accent. "Thank you.... I'm glad you enjoyed it, both of you." Clearly Rainbow Dash was letting Rarity speak on this one. She paused as Rarity went on about selling out grand concert halls. "Uh... About those halls..." Still rubbing the back of her foreleg before planting it down to explain herself. "I actually chose to leave that behind me. It wasn't that long after I had gotten my cutie mark either. I still sell-out places, but they are more intimate." She stopped herself, thinking that she sounded like she was shirking the compliment "But please! Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the vote of confidence, it is just that... that life seems like a world away now. I still compose and arrange though! If you go to halls around Baltimare especially you are bound to hear something I've at least arranged in the music halls there." Dissy said with a smile, hoping that the last line clarified things for the fashion mare. 

As she handed over the compact mirror, she was given another compliment... If you could kill with compliments this Rarity would be the foremost suspect... Dissy had to admit though... being dolled up didn't really suit her... and her mane wasn't THAT bad like the fashion mare said. But yet again she couldn't prevent the blood rushing a bit to her cheeks as she tussled her mane to try and clean it up a little bit, but still keep the slightly wild style. She did try and keep her cool this time "Leave it to a fashion mare to recognize a pony's normal style... I do actually prefer my mane a bit ruffled or messy looking, but for a fashion event I thought I should clean it up a bit.... but...." Dissy paused with a smile appearing across her muzzle "If a featured fashion designer thinks I look good like this, that is good enough for me" She said with a bit of vigor. 

The pianist looked at the clock on the wall and realized that that song put them near prep time. It looked at though more music would have to wait for the main hall... At least she was able to have a bit of fun with this small crowd before having to play arranged set lists, some rather dreary and droll. She most looked forward to the few designers that chose high pace music, of which there were a couple, and Rarity was apparently one. What would bother her most was the music she'd have to play during interim periods...perhaps she could slip a bit of jazz in there anyway...

• 1 month later...

Rarity nodded in accord to what Miss Dissonance said. She hadn't been entirely sure at first, but as she heard more form the pony she found her impression of the mare shifting to one entirely favorable.

She giggled at the musicians comments about selling out halls. "I see, dear, and that's only fair. I can certainly relate. I have been told many a time that I would be a bigger name were I to uproot myself and move to one of the bigger centers for fashion, Manehattan or Canterlot. I already have many connections in both city, as it is. Where once that might have been my dream, I now feel that to turn my back on Ponyville would be only a mistake. I'd be losing sight of something very important. Ponyville is simply me and that should not be abandoned just because it can be," Rarity said warmly as she sipped her drink. She looked toward Rainbow and thought a moment about her and her other friends.

She gave another soft laugh at how the pony took the other compliment. "And that ties into it all, doesn't it? I's an important thing for a mare to always be true to herself. It's a lesson I've struggled with more than a few times... occasionally to embarrassment..." she said, mind wandering to and then trying quickly to wrest itself away from memories of the build-up to a certain Ponyville Days Festival...

She looked again toward Rainbow then an laughed mischievously. "And before you say something about what I intend to put Rainbow through.... know that she's far more interested in trying on nice outfits than her protests would suggest..." the unicorn added in a whisper. "At least most of the time."

After that, Rarity relaxed and finished her drink then promptly ordered another, stronger one. She let conversation with Rainbow and the barmare and several more drinks all distract her from the nervousness in her chest. It was a pleasant evening all things considered. Rainbow began to tell stories, a disproportionate number of which seemed to end with Rarity a mess for some reason. Rather than get irritated though, Rarity just told some of her best Rainbow Dash stories for fair exchange. Much time had passed and she was rather drunk by the time she got through an amused relating of how Rainbow had once tried to steal from a hospital rather than admit she liked to read books. Not long after that, Rarity retired to her room,intent to get some rest for all that she had ahead of her.

• 5 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash was surprised how fast the time went - they'd come into the bar area in the morning - but by the time they were done, both lunch and dinner had passed.  Their two new friends were quite a lot of fun, and their own stories were a hoot.  Martini, in particular, seemed to have been everywhere in Equestria!  Though her stories of this 'Doctor Brazil Nut' sounded like some sort of rule-63 Daring Do fanfic.  Not necessarily a bad thing - Dash would like to meet this Brazil Nut...

Dash helped Rarity back to their room.  The night was still young, but Dash never had gotten her flying in today.  It was all right to take a day off once in a while, but it left her feeling pent-up.  She was sure tomorrow wasn't going to be any better, not with having to stand around wearing Rarity's getups all day long.  Maybe she could get in a nice flight in the morning while Rarity was still getting over her hangover - if she did anything as crass as get hangovers.  Still.  Rarity did odd things when she was drunk.  It was one of the few things she never teased Rarity about.  They'd never gotten around to ordering a little cloud bed to hang in the corner, so Dash just let Rarity tug her into the bed.  It was a really, really soft bed - no cloud bed, to be sure, but it was the closest non-pegasus replacement she'd ever found, and Dash swiftly fell asleep.  Where she most assuredly did NOT snore, no matter what Scootaloo claimed.

Dash did wake up first, to the sound of annoyed little grumbles by Rarity, and slipped quietly out for a wonderful flight.  It was a beautiful morning, just at that perfect level where it was warm enough to enjoy the wind against your face, but cool enough to keep from sweating too hard while working out.  She'd met a few of the local weather ponies and helped them clear the sky of the previous day's rain for a few minutes, Then she went for a speed trail to just burn off the previous day's energy, until her wings ached and her eyes watered, and she finally made her way back to the ship.

However, it looked like that was the best the day was going to get.  After she'd gotten back, she'd been subjected to a rather excessive scrub-down, and then had to sit through a ridiculously long makeup session... it took more than twice as long as it'd taken to get ready for the Grand Galloping Gala, and that had taken stupid long, too!  THEN she had to stand still while Rarity fussed over trim and made last minute changes to the outfit ... which Dash had to admit, really did look excellent.  The pale semi-transparent rainbow-colored gauze seemed soft and delicate ... but the bold lines and shimmering fabric underneath gave an impression of power and confidence.  At least, that's what Rarity had told her a dozen times so far this morning, and Dash had nowhere to argue.

Even so.  She HATED sitting still.

• 2 weeks later...

Rarity remember nothing of the night after leaving the bar. If she had done or said anything upon returning to her room, it was gone entirely from her conscious memory when she awoke the next morning, replaced only with a strange sense of awkwardness and a splitting headache.

Rainbow wasn't there in the room with her when she awoke late the next morning. Rarity was quietly grateful for this, for in her groggy stupor she hardly looked her best. No one truly needed to see her like that--and no one should. She forced herself from the bed as soon as she was able and proceeded to the washroom where she spent a protracted amount of time trying to recoup her usual shimmer. Though it was not without difficulties, after an hour or so of efforts, she was more or less herself.

She went at once to find Rainbow and greeted her with a tentative smile. Rainbow seemed content to see her at first, at least until the grooming began, which came as something of a relief to Rarity who still had difficulties recalling the end of the previous night. Still feeling a slight awkwardness for it, however, Rarity opted to simply get to work at preparing Rainbow for the event. In time she was staring at a remarkable sight. The gauze dress suited Rainbow even more wonderfully than Rarity had envisioned. She was in a word, stunning. It was hard to look at her directly without becoming slightly flush.

Rainbow's mood remained a bit difficult. It was a curious thing. In a lot of ways, as Rarity saw it, Rainbow, at her heart, had all the markings of fashion-conscious mare. Style was in everything she did. She took considerable pride in her appearance and she often chose to accesorize herself. Of all Rarity's friends, she probably was actually the most concerned with image, and knowing her Rarity knew she enjoyed few things more than looking amazing. At the same time, however, so often the effort it took to get her to that point would put the sporty mare into a fuss. It could be somewhat vexing, but Rarity supposed it was just an unfortunate side effect of her 'need for speed'. The mare just simply did not want to sit still, even for a moment.

"Perfection!" Rarity declared after she was fully satisfied. She grabbed Rainbow by the hooves and whisked her over to a mirror. "You're just oozing style, darling! Why, seeing you in that dress is going to hit them all so hard it'll knock them right out of their seats!"

• 2 weeks later...

j9HoBa5m.jpg

This was so exciting, being called to this incredible fashion show in the clouds. Coco had worked hard to try and build her reputation up on her own since the unfortunate events during the manehattan fashion show. She'd still found it somewhat hard on her own however as she rarely considered herself to have the personality to get the result she herself wanted, but her work spoke for itself. The quality of her sewing and designs were already proving pretty popular among even the pickiest ponies. 

It wasn't often that she got a chance like this to show off her designs in a show like this and finding a model to wear her clothes was a bit harder than she'd thought it would be. Thankfully she managed to find a pony willing to model her outfits for her in the nick of time. So here she was, all excited and eager to show off her new designs. Coco had made sure to look (and smell) good for the occasion. Wearing her usual accessories of a fascinator, her little sailor collar and ribbon, and she bore the faint fragrance of lilac perfume on her coat. 

"I hope this goes well..." she mutter to herself.

• 3 weeks later...

Rainbow Dash had to admit - when Rarity was on, she did an amazing job.  She knew that Rarity's compliments were a bit self-serving, complimenting her own work with the dress, but there was a little part of Dash that was happy to agree - she made this dress work.  Her chest puffed out with pride and she lifted her head as she looked at herself in the mirror.  Not that she cared, but if Carrot could see her now, his jaw would be through the floor and continuing on its way to the ground far below.  Her cheeks colored a bit as she thought of his reaction.

She gave a grin to Rarity.  "Gotta admit," she said, "Even I almost mistake myself for a model in this dress!  You sure like dressing me up for some reason.  You sure know how to make me feel special."  She didn't like the prep work ... but she DID like showing off.  "You brought your A-game for today's show!  So now what happens?  We just ... sit back here and wait for them to call your name?"  She fidgeted a moment as she realized the waiting wasn't over yet ... she needed a topic.  She wondered, again, if Rarity might have some advice about Carrot... her cheeks colored more.  "Um... Rares?  I ... wanted to talk to you ... bout somethin' kinda ... um ... see, I wanted ... do you think you would ever ... um ... "  She glanced around, and realized, despite the intense attention Rarity had been giving her, and getting Dash caught up in that attention, they were not alone.  "Oh, um, nevermind.  Maybe later," she said, looking at all the other models and designers, though they were no doubt also caught up in their own work.  This wasn't something she could talk about in public.  Not in a million years.

Then her ears perked up.  "Hey, wait a minute!  Isn't that the one mare you met in Manehattan?  Cocoa Powder or something?"

• 4 weeks later...

qgpCREC.png

Figure I give this thread an activity boost!

Martini Paradise stood behind the bar with her eyes half-closed, feeling just generally bored.  Not that there won't ponies around enjoying her drinks - at least, she hoped they were enjoying them - but it sure wasn't the crowd she was used to.  Most weren't ordering anything.  Those that were never responded to her attmepts at conversation with anything more than a one-word answer and a stuck-up nose.  And despite how rich the crowd was, her tip jar was horribly empty.

She wondered if the fashion show was going to start soon.  At least that'd give her something to watch - she loved talking to her customers, but the only ones that had really stopped to chat with her so far was that nice musician, and that cute couple, Rarity and Dash.

Her mind kept wandering... she could pour drinks in her sleep, and she felt like sleep was exactly where it was going... her thoughts were more possessed with daydreams of certain hot adventurer stallions, and rowdy bars, and devious ponies with ridiculous accents... what sort of threat would bring Brazil Nut crashing into this party?  They were on an airship in the middle of nowhere.  Her fantasy provided the answer - air pirates!  Yeah, she and Brazil Nut, fighting air pirates together while flirting outrageously... a soft, dreamy smile lit onto her face as she poured another couple of drinks for the patrons that weren't even paying attention to her.

After departing the bar Dissy spent considerable amount of time preparing for the various sets she was to play. Luckily she had already tuned the pianos when she had arrived before even meeting the other ponies at the bar. Still organizing all the sheet music and the arrangements took some time, it surprised Dissy how many fashion ponies were presenting new couture. She still didn't know when Rarity was going on or what music she had requested, there were simply too many. Most of the starting designers chose some form of classical arrangement though. The kind of music Dissy had grown up playing, not that she minded... It was a job she was hired to do, and she was good at playing this kind of music as a classically trained musician. 

An intermission finally came, Dissy gazed at the bar, and the bare tip jar that adorned it. Somehow, on the empty glass that Dissy had for water at the beginning of the show was filled with bits from the requests she played during interim points in the show. She didn't mind the tips, but she felt bad for Martini, so naturally she took the cup and cantered over to the bar, even musicians need a break, and this was hers. 

"Hey there cool cat," Dissy coo'd at the barmare "Whaddya say at fillin this glass with a gin and tonic?" Dissy said as she slid the bit filled glass at the mare with a wink. "So how've you been enjoyin the show?"

GycHImVl.jpg

A head poked out form behind a curtain at Coco's booth, "Um, excuse me, Coco.  Do I look okay? I wanted to try on the suit first and I suppose I could wear some of your other work later." The voice was in a slightly high register and sounded rather feminine but also bore a distinct Trottingham style accent that one could easily link to the upper class of the nobility in that region. It was then that he pulled the curtain aside exposing his rather slim form in a nicely tailored and exceptional suit. there was a slight tinge of pink on the marish stallion's cheeks as he let himself be inspected by his employer. 

Sadly the paycheck of a royal guard wasn't all that great so Silver had decided he needed to take up another job. Modeling had actually always been a possibilty in his mind, he took good care of himself, ate well, he brushed his mane and tail regularly and kept fit... he could make a decent living like this. So here is where he found himself, after seeing a flier put up for a model he applied and found himself working with a lovely young mare named Coco Pommel. She was a little shy, in a way she reminded him of his little sister when she was ... well, smaller.

j9HoBa5m.jpg

"Goodness! You look wonderful, Silver! You wear that suit really nicely." Said coco in cheerful register, thrill at her own work and just the fact that she managed to make it here and get a nice model on such short notice. "Oh, um you're still willing to wear some of the other outfits right?" When silver nodded she smiled in exuberance, "Thank you so much! um do you need anything to drink? I was about to head over to the bar."

Silver shook his head, "Oh no, I'm alright for now. Thank you for asking. I might go for a little walk though, there's someone I was hoping to meet here, I won't be long though." Coco nodded and smiled softly, "Okay, just make sure you're back for the big show." With that, Coco made her way to the bar where the bartender was a bit preoccupied talkign to another patron. Remember, Coco, being a little more assertive was part of your resolution. She thought to herself before approaching. "Um..." She cleared her throat lightly but still talked in a slightly shy and hushed tone, "excuse me, but um, could I order an Ice tea please?"

"That's right, dear. For now we wait," Rarity said with a nod to Rainbow's first question. What happened after that threw Rarity for something of a loop. Rainbow went all flustery and red, stumbling over some stray thoughts. It was hard for the unicorn to not read this in one particular way.

This would not be the first time Rainbow gave her an inkling of a suspicion that perhaps she had feelings for her. It seemed like an odd time to bring it up if it was what Rainbow was getting at, right before the show. A thought occured to Rarity then. She still had no clue what she had said or done the night before after leaving the bar. Was it possible that something had escaped her in her drunkeness to prompt such a thing? She became suddenly very conscious, an awkward expression sweeping across her face.

She shook herself suddenly, just to force herself out of her momentary stupor. She then stepped toward Rainbow, hoping to ease the awkwardness. "Now, Rainbow darling...if you're uncomfortable... we can just leave it for now... but if you do have something to talk to me about... know that you are very special to me, and I would never--"

Rarity's words were cut short as Rainbow suddenly and forcefully pointed out a familiar face. "You're right! But it's Coco Pomell, dear," she smiled at the sight of her dear friend from Manehattan, in part relieved to have her steal away the focus of the conversation. "We should say hello. And it looks like she's headed to the bar. Perhaps we can get a drink for our nerves while were at it."

Not waiting for a response from Rainbow, Rarity followed after Coco, and reached her just after she made her order. "Coco, darling! What a surprise it is. I had no clue you were taking part in this show as well," she said.

She nodded to the bartender and to Harmonic. "And it's a pleasure to see the both of you ladies again today. Last night was a delight," she said.

She turned then to the lone stallion in the area, who she might not have realized was a stallion were it not for the suit he wore for his feminine features. At a closer glance, Rarity found she recognized this pony too. His comely face was not easy to forget. And though it was kind of weird, her recalling Presteza saying the stallion was a guard and certainly not a model, she was positive it was the same pony.

"My, you're Prestrza's brother, are you not?" she started, alarmed to see the pony she had only seen in a photo. "I am Rarity, a very dear friend of your sister."

"And that suit is stunning. If this is what my dear Coco has chosen to enter in the show, I certainly have some competition," she said with a cheery laugh.

• 4 weeks later...

Dash wasn't scared Rarity would look down at her.  She just didn't want to get ... a reputation.  She remembered all those silly fillies who sat there gabbing away about stallions all day long, and how ridiculous they seemed.  Rainbow Dash was focused 100% on being an athlete!  Also saving Equestria, and Daring Do, and the occassional random non-saving-Equestria related adventure.  But it all added up to a daredevil!  Someone who lived on the edge!  An Adreneline junkie that found the everyday life too humdrum to worry about!  She never wanted to look like those silly fillies.

So why was she worrying so much about this humdrum, everyday life thing?  She sighed and shook her head, following after Rarity.  "Really?  We can go out in public before our turn on stage?" she asked, surprised.  "Do I need to act fancy now?"  She grinned as she remembered how red Rarity had turned when she'd acted all fancy last night.  She wasn't exactly sure how she'd done that, but she wondered if she could get Rarity red and stammering in public, too... that'd be a gas!

She followed after, giving Martini and Harmonic a nod, and launching into her affected accent.  "Indeed, last night was an absolute pleasure.  One Mimosa, please" then she turned to Coco and Silver.  Bah, Rarity didn't know how to trash talk!  Dash had heard how dismissive high-class ponies could be.  "Now, Rarity, your modesty is quite becoming, but when has there been anything we haven't been able to do together?  Though certainly they'll be an absolute shoo-in for second place!"  She gave a grin and a wink at Coco and Silver to show she was just teasing, but when she turned back to Rarity she had her high-class nose-in-the-air half-lidded look again.

qgpCREC.png

Bored, bored, bored, a state of mind Martini Paradise never thought she would be in doing the job she loved, but this clientele somehow manage to be a bigger downer than having no customers at all, the show couldn’t start soon enough for her, at least she have something interesting to watch.

The pink barmare was about to go back to cleaning more of the glasses when Harmony came over and placed a glass full of bits on the counter asking for a gin and tonic.  Although the earth mare didn’t explicitly state what she was doing, the message of generosity was just as loud and clear.  Martini smiled and giggled for the first time in the last few hours, “sure thing hon!  Looks like the customers are really enjoying your talents.  To be honest, your music has been the only good thing about this afternoon thus far; these ponies are the worst conversationalists I have ever met, yet again this really isn’t my scene, waaay too fancy.”

Martini prepared to make Harmony’s request, though of course she wouldn't use that glass dirtied by the bits.  Instead, she picked out a new tumbler ... then paused.  She'd been wanting to try out an Itailan recipe a co-worker had shared for gin and tonic, and knew that the musician was cool enough that she wouldn't mind the experiment, even if it wasn't exactly what she was expecting.  Besides, the surprise and delight when a pony found a new favorite drink ...

Yes.  She floated out several strawberries and laid them out over a paper napkin, a sharp knife divesting them of leaves and slicing them into fourths in quick swipes.  The tumbler scooped itself into the ice, picking up several large cubes, and then the ice cubes lifted out, the quartered strawberries floating amongst the ice cubes to mix thuroughly before they both settled into the tumbler.  A few rosemary leaves, a slice of lime, and only then did the green bottle of gin float down to splash several glugs into the tumbler, followed by the bottle of tonic water to spray in up to the top.  "In the Itailian style," she said with a smile as she slid it over to the musician.

Before she could inquire more about how Harmony’s day was going, another pony came to the bar looking for an iced tea, a cream colored earth pony with a mint colored mane that was soft spoken with a very kind demeanor, and quite cute to boot, she certainly didn’t come off as one of the usual pretentious patrons that populated the floor.

“Sure thing cutie, let me start the tea right up.  Have to make it from scratch as we don’t get too many requests for tea, but don’t you worry, it won’t take long!”  Martini winked along with her bright smile; perhaps this pony would be open to conversation with herself and Harmony.  “So you here to see the show, or are you working?  A model perhaps?  I can certainly see you as a model.”

Just then the pair from the night before, Rarity and Rainbow Dash also came up to the bar.  It was good to see Rarity had recovered well from her time last night, how many drinks did the white unicorn have again?  Martini couldn’t quite remember, but it had to be a half dozen at least.  Dash though looked amazing in the gown she was now sporting, although it was a little odd to see the mare in such a fancy dress given Martini’s past experiences with her, but one would do about anything for one’s marefriend she supposed.  Even more strange was when Dash ordered a drink; it wasn’t the drink itself, which was fine, but the way she asked for it, was she trying to sport a formal Canterlot accent?  Martini shook her head, maybe she just heard wrong.

The iced tea would take a few moments - she took out a small teapot and filled it with water, then floated it behind her as her horn glowed, heating up the water within.  Iced, yes, but it needed some heat, first... while she kept that at the back of her mind, she turned to the Mimosa - a tall, narrow glass into which she poured equal parts of the fine champagne and a mainly depulped orange juice.  One of the leftover strawberry halves came over, as she used it to decorate the rim of the glass, and slide it over to Dash. 

By that time, the water was ready - not boiling, but warmed well.  She poured it into a mug, and set it into a thick ceramic mug.  She drew out a small mesh spoon, and scooped up her own favorite mix of tea leaves and herbs into it, mashing it into the spoon before closing the lid over it and dipping it into the mug to steep.  While that was settling a bit, she pulled out a metal mixing glass and filled it with ice, then set a tall glass to the side with some ice of its own.  After a minute of steeping, she judged it ready, and transferred the mesh spoon into the final glass.  The steeped mixture, she poured into the mixing glass, capped it up, and gave it a good and steady shake, before pouring the now-chilled tea out into the final glass with the spoon.  A full circle of a lemon slice decorated the rim of the glass, and she set it down before Coco along with a small sugarbowl, just in case she wanted sweetened iced tea.

Martini was about to re-engage with Coco and Harmony when she heard more of Dash’s faux accent.  It wasn’t that it was bad, well okay, it was pretty bad.  That wasn’t what made it so amusing, it was the fact that Dash felt for some reason she need to “act” hoity toity at all.  For her part, Martini just had the biggest grin on her face as she tried so very hard not to laugh out loud right then and there.  She just had to say something though before poor Dash embarrassed herself and her marefriend in front  of potential customers who would likely be very turned off and wouldn’t hesitate saying so in the most dismissive of terms.   

“Psst, pssssst, heeey Dash, c’here, I need to share somethin’ with ya!”  Martini subtly waves her hoof towards herself, she really needed to stop this before it got too far, well that and before Martini burst out laughing herself.

• 1 month later...

Harmonic Dissonance saw the smile that her little gesture brought forth across the barmare's muzzle. It was little things like that. That was also her favorite part of performing. Seeing ponies in the audience smile, close their eyes and just enjoy the music. There was something special that jazz music especially brought out in ponies, and to some extent classical. However, she never really saw most of those reactions tonight, mostly ponies were transfixed on the runway, so this smile was a small consolation. This is despite the tips she somehow received. Perhaps it was because she was within reach of many ponies and she took requests as per her job during interim designers models. Harmonic Dissonance smiled at the positive response to her request. Really she didn't often have a gin and tonic, but gin had the ability to calm her in a special way that still allowed her to play well, whiskey was a bit much for this situation. "Well I don't know 'bout that... I think I'm just where all the ponies are, ya know? The glass wasn't even meant for tips to begin with." Dissy paused with a chuckle "Really it was the spent glass from my water... Which reminds me... I'll probably need two for the next set... one glass wasn't nearly enough. I'm sure you could hook me up with a couple of glasses for me to bring to my piano, right?" Dissy said with a wink. Then a compliment... "Heh, really? I dunno about all that. 'Course I haven't really been payin much mind to the ponies on the stage, aside from the opening and then watching for the next queue." Dissy placed her hoof on the bar "Honestly, this entire day I've felt a bit off despite my practice of these pieces... It's really troublin me... Not that most ponies can notice, but I can notice, and that's the trouble... I'm sure the other musicians could tell too, none of em have spoken up about it though." Dissy looked a bit troubled as she watched Martini make the most interesting gin and tonic she'd ever seen, and she's seen a lot. 

"Itailian style...eh?" Dissy took a sip and was rather surprised by the refreshing nature the strawberries and rosemary added to the drink. A wide smile came across Dissy's muzzle "This drink is unreal. This an original mix?" It didn't even really matter to Dissy if it was an original of hers or not, but this mare is one talented barmare "How've you not gotten any scratch for makin drinks like this?"

Dissy waited for a response some other visitors approached the bar. This was to be expected, this was a time to relax, even Dissy wasn't planning on taking up the keys unless someone specifically asked her to. What seemed to be two mares walked up and to the bar and one of them placed an order for tea. This was rather odd for Dissy... She'd never really seen anyone order tea at a bar. Even the tables at most jazz joints she played at it was an infrequent request.

Before she could make any introductions a familiar voice came up, that "Miss Rarity" from last night. Now there were 5 at the bar. And that Rainbow Dash all dolled up looked like something. Clearly there were two designers and two models. But wasn't it rare for models to come out before they made an appearance? Well this was a unique show so perhaps the way things worked were a bit different. "It was a fantastic night last night, Miss Rarity. How've you found the fashion show so far? My piano been alright for you? And what about you Miss Coco, was it? Coco, you wouldn't be Miss Coco Pommel would you? I saw your name on the list of designers" Dissy only knew because of Rarity saying her name. But what followed was a rather surprise. Despite wearing a suit, Dissy could have sworn that the pony with her was a mare. "Brother?!" Dissy looked with a bit of surprise. She had seen effeminite stallions before, but this one took even her seasoned eyes by surprise. 

Then Rainbow Dash started talking... Dissy couldn't help but hold in laughter. She clearly was trying too hard. With a smile Dissy nonchalantly commented "Listen doll, erm, Dash... You shouldn't try so hard, it ain't natural. How you carry yourself shows more class than your manner of speech anyway, ya dig?"

j9HoBa5m.jpg

"Coco, darling! What a surprise it is. I had no clue you were taking part in this show as well,"

Coco's ear's perked as she heard the familiar voice of a close friend. "Rarity!" it was all she could do to not hug the violet maned fashionista, "It so wonderful to see you again! Oh, and that's right ... I've been working on some other outfits along with the costume designing job you got me on bridleway... also I kinda heard you'd be coming so I had hoped I'd get to see you again sometime soon." She smiled pleasantly at the mare and looked to the rainbow maned mare at her side.

At first she could hardly recognize Rainbow Dash, the impression of a snooty high class mare only threw her off further but that little wink that proved it was only an act provided the hint she needed. In the past she had honestly not gotten to share many words with Rarity's friend's besides Applejack that one time she came along to help her with setting up the revival of her theater group back in Manehattan. "Oh! It's nice to see you too, Miss Dash. I have to say you look wonderful in Rarity's work!"

“Sure thing cutie, let me start the tea right up.  Have to make it from scratch as we don’t get too many requests for tea, but don’t you worry, it won’t take long!”  Martini winked along with her bright smile; perhaps this pony would be open to conversation with herself and Harmony.  “So you here to see the show, or are you working?  A model perhaps?  I can certainly see you as a model.”

It was then that the Bartender got around to making her request, in the meantime Coco recieved something from her beside a beverage; A compliment! The designer blushed deeply, "Oh my goodness, Th-thank you, Miss but I could never be a model... I'm far too nervous just watching my designs being worn on stage... if I wore any of my outfits and tried to strut down a runway I'm sure my heart would burst." 

"... And what about you Miss Coco, was it? Coco, you wouldn't be Miss Coco Pommel would you? I saw your name on the list of designers"

Coco smiled happily, she knew she'd seen this mare before. She was on the piano earlier! Her music was so beautiful, perky and at the same time calm... truly something Coco Could listen to for days at a time while she worked. "your playing was wonderful, Miss... harmonic was it? I can hardly wait for you to play again!"

GycHImVl.jpg

"My, you're Presteza's brother, are you not?" she started, alarmed to see the pony she had only seen in a photo. "I am Rarity, a very dear friend of your sister."

"And that suit is stunning. If this is what my dear Coco has chosen to enter in the show, I certainly have some competition," she said with a cheery laugh.

"I am, and it's a pleasure to finally meet you, Miss Rarity. Presteza has told me a lot about you in her letters to me. She speaks very highly of you and I personally wish to thank you for taking care of her while I'm away..." Perhaps taking care wasn't the best word, but Silver was still her older brother and he couldn't help but worry about her. "When I first got her letter about that trip to that bog I was truly beginning to panic until I realized you were with her... but then again I panic anytime I hear she goes somewhere potentially dangerous." the stallion huffed slightly before perking up upon hearing the compliment paid to his employer's suit. "You see, Miss. I told you had nothing to worry about. you said this wasn't even your best work and it's already gotten praise from possibly the brightest star in modern fashion." he said perkily. Hoping to calm his employer's nerves.

"Brother?!" 

the expression silver wore at the exxagerated and surprised question of his gender again was a blend of embarrassment, surprise, and a tiny bit of frustration but it quickly passed as he looked to the mare at the bar. "That's correct, Ma'am. My name is Silverheart." the stallion politely bowed his head to the mare once, his voice certainly didn't help case as to being a stallion. Seeing as his voice was naturally high pitched and still sounded very youthful a good comparison would be the voice that approached the bar in a decent if somewhat stilted attempt at  an impression of upper-class snobbery. His voice was maybe an octave or less deeper than her own but hardly could be counted among the deeper voices a jazz mare like Dissy would have come across.

When Dash approached during her impression he turned back to Rarity a moment, "Um Has Rainbow Dash somehow met Presteza and I's Mum? because that's quite a good impression of her." he chuckled to himself softly, raising a hoof as if to reflexively hide his small smile.

• 1 month later...

Rarity laughed at Rainbow's comments and started to reply just as the mare wandered off. "Don't worry about it too much dear. How you act off stage isn't going to be judged by anyone. You can just be your..." she sighed when she realized Rainbow wasn't there to listen to her.

She smiled awkwardly when she found her model at the bar, ordering her mimosa. After her previous night of excess, she wasn't sure she was ready for more alcohol, and while it might do something for her nerves, having Rainbow and other friends about was sure to keep most of her anxieties away. 

On top of that, there was the way in which Rainbow had ordered it and then her proceeding comments to Coco and Silver. There was something strangely charming about the bizarre affectations. She couldn't help but giggle at the display. While part of her through to repeat that Rainbow should just be herself, she was kind of curious to see how far the mare would take the act.

At the inquiry from the musician, Rarity smiled. "You've been doing a wonderful job of it, dear," she said. "You've really set the mood right for the entire event!" She nodded and then looked to her dear Manehattanite friend.

"Wonderful, dear! I'm glad to see things continue to go so well for you! You're definitely a star on the rise! Perhaps you'll even outshine me this time," she said with enthusiasm, hugging her fellow designer. "i mean, you do have quite the model there. How did you and him happen to meet?'

Hey eyes went behind the bar as the tea was set before Coco. "That looks refreshing," she said. "Since it's fresh made, I'd love a glass as well, Miss Paradise" she said, looking toward the barmare.

Rarity finally let her attention settle on Silver. He certainly seemed as charming as his comely appearance suggested. She smiled at him and blushed a little. "You are far too kind, sir, especially since I did subject you sister to some rather ungainly things all for my own interest," she said, self-conscious.

At his comments about Dash, Rarity laughed hard. She spoke quietly so Rainbow wouldn't hear her. "It appears to be a meeting of her competitive bravado and a staggering misconception about how she should be carrying herself. I'm content to see how it plays out." She giggled some more. "Feel free to humor her."

• 1 month later...

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes at the confusion over Silverheart.  It was obvious to *her* that he was a colt.  But then again, she'd never found that sort of thing amusing, ever since she was repeatedly mistaken for a colt back when she was younger.

But Dizzy's comment to her had her rolling her eyes even more.  "I am a model at a high-class fashion show, darling.  I'm not sure how you think I should oughta be speaking, but I assure you, this is quite natural for me."  She knew that if she was doing this proper, she should put in a dig to them being 'only the help', but she couldn't bring herself to do that.  She did, however, dip her head close to Dizzy's and whisper, "Besides, you're ruining the joke!"

Right before she felt the tug on her tail as Martini dragged her over for a little advice... "Uh ... yes?"

• 1 month later...

qgpCREC.png

Martini Paradise smiled warmly at Dissy's complement about her drink.  She was used to compliments, but that didn't mean they ever stopped bringing a smile to her face.  "Yep, Itailian style!  As for being my own concoction, there is a little story behind that.  When I left the Gallopocus Islands as an older filly with little Sunrise Beach in tow, the first place I went to and my first job outside of the isles was in Canterlot.  It wasn't glamorous by any means, I was more a bus mare than a bartender and the bits weren't all that good, but one of the experienced bartenders there, Bellini, kindly took me under her wing.  Metaphorically I mean - she was a unicorn.  Anyway, she taught me all sorts of nifty tricks and special tweaks to various drinks to add that just right kind of pizazz! That's where I picked up adding the strawberries and rosemary.  She was from Itailia originally."  There was even more to the story, Bellini also gave young Martini and her foal better room and board, and helped land the young pony  a  better gig more attuned to her special talent, but she didn't want talk the musician's ear off.

She was happy that Coco appeared to enjoy her beverage just as much as Dissy enjoyed her's, although the shy cream colored earth pony was quite the contrast to the outgoing musician in her demeanor  "Well hon, I still think you would be a beautiful model, but I understand being shy, are you at least enjoying being a part of the show as a designer?  Have any models with you for this event?"  Martini told a small fib there, she didn't really understand shyness, being an extrovert herself and a pony who would love to showoff on a stage, that is if she was ever asked, but her job was about making the customer comfortable, and if it helped Coco feel more at ease, a little fib surely didn't hurt.

As Martini prepared a second round of the iced tea she made for Coco, this time for the unicorn fashionista, she spotted yet another pony at the bar, this time a rather effeminate, attractive unicorn stallion who carried himself quite well in the tuxedo he was sporting, was he was one of the models?  He seemed like the model type.  Martini smiled and gave a flirtatious wink his way, "just let me know if you need anything hon!"

Finally martini managed to get Rainbow Dash's attention, thank Celestia! Somepony needed to confidentially say something before the poor pegasus embarrassed herself and her lovely unicorn companion in front of everypony!  "I don't like to criticize, but your faux High Canterlot accent, well... Hon it isn't convincing, like at all!  I get it, I really do, you wanna fit in, you want to make a good impression with the hoity toity set that are here to see the show for your adorable marefriend's sake, but they're going to see right through it, and that's not a good thing, not with this judgmental, gossiping set, trust me, 'kay?"

I didn't realize it was my turn and was waiting for others, my bad!  I dropped the ball there!

Archived