For the Crystal Empire! (Sign up in OOC)

Smartbrony

Light began to fill the chasm as another day dawned in the snowy wasteland. Ironhoof awoke with a start. He'd had another nightmare about the day Sombra took over. Sighing as he got up, he walked over to the edge of the cave to get a bit of fresh air. When he looked up the chasm walls at the sky, all he saw were gray clouds. That's all the sky ever was these days. Taking a deep breath, Ironhoof looked around at the others in the cave. All of them had luckily escaped Sombra's grasp, and had managed to meet up here. How many others like them were out there, he didn't know. As quietly as he could, Ironhoof walked over to his forge and sparked some fire crystals together, lighting the crystal forge. The red glow of the forge made the cave sparkle, giving it an enchanting feeling. Ironhoof silently waited for his compatriots to awaken before they began to strategize again.

Silver was awakened by the light and sounds coming from the crystal forge. As he stirred, the familiar aches and pains returned to his body, the wounds he'd suffered trying to escape the Crystal Empire castle. There were various healing gashes and bruises all over his body, and they all made it harder to sleep, but none did anything serious to his body beyond that. He uttered a tired "G'morning" to Ironhoof as he got to his hooves and walked towards the forge, sitting down next to it and passively watching its flame. He occasionally looked towards the edge of the cave as well, always half-expecting Sombra to swoop into it out of nowhere like he had in the castle, where Silver had been on duty. Nothing was there, of course, but his own shadow flickering in the light of the fire.

"Hmm, maybe if i? No, that wont work....AH HA, GOT IT, all right the spell is set". These words would be heard from the Ponyvile library, well, not really the library. It was coming from the castle. In the current time, the Crystal Empire was being ruled by Princess Cadance and Shining armor. King Sombra is long gone, banished to the icy Norths. Twilight Sparkle, or as she is more well known as Princess Twilight Sparkle, was currently working on a spell that she could use to send a pony back in time to change a certain sequence of events. It would change nothing in this time line, though for the ponies of that time line it would hopefully help them not have the problem with the evil king who had ruled there land for years. Twilight was not sending back a pony though, no she had not found any that could do this job. Instead she had found a griffon. It had been easy for her to convince him to help her, to be honest the moment she asked the first word he would say was "Deal", after that they separated to get ready for the upcoming spell. Twilight really hoped this worked, she did not want to accidently send him to the wrong place or worse, send him too far back in time, or not enough. Twilight would sigh as she took a deep breath trying to calm down. "Iv run all the tests i can do, it should work.....please work" Twilight would say.

MEANWHILE

Blackwing would be in his little house, the one that he had recently rented. It was not even a house, it was a inn room. Blackwing's face showed no emotion, for fear, love, compassion, no nothing. It was a plain, blank face. Blackwing would be sorting through all his stuff, trying to find what he would need. 'Bow, yes' Blackwing would say as he found his Crystal bow. As he dug a bit deeper he would find his Crystal arrows. Blackwing would put them both in a pile next to a mattress. It was his bed, though he was leaving it here. As Blackwing kept going through he would find some food, rations more like it. Blackwing would put the rations next to the bow and arrows. Blackwing would then turn and keep looking, only to see that last thing he needed. His canteen. Blackwing would walk over to a bucket of water. It was one of those crates that the Apple family used to store apples in and it was filled with clean water. Blackwing would fill it up before he would walk over to the rest of his stuff. Blackwing would put the canteen in a little bag that he had on his bed. After he got that in Blackwing would put all the rations he had in there. He would count each one as he put it in. After he was finished he found he had enough rations to last him for four weeks. Blackwing knew though that it would only last him a week if he had to share with the others. After it was all in there Blackwing would put the bag on his back. Blackwing would then grab his quiver and strap it so that it was on his back as well. He would shuffle a bit, making the bag fall to the side. Blackwing would then grab his bow. He would look at it for four seconds before putting it over a shoudler. He was ready, and it was almost time. Blackwing would walk out of the door and headed straight for the castle that Twilight owned.

Twilight would still be pacing as she heard a knock on the door. As the knock came out Twi should jump in shock, not expecting it. As she went and opened the door she would see who it was. It was the griffon she was sending back in time. "Well, your on time...I wish i could go back too...but i cant send two. So yeah, im ready when you are" Twilight would say, and she would sigh after.

The only word Blackwing would say is "Crystal empire?". It was a habbit of his, he only ever said one, sometimes two words at once. Never more.

Twilight luckly would know what he meant. "Yes, lets go" She would say before putting all the stuff she needed for the spell in a bag, and then walking towards the train station. Blackwing would just follow her.

(Il arrive in two or three posts)

Starwind is sleeping soundly she was up late Stargazeing, like always she was also on thw night watch making sure everypony was safe. She prefers the night to the day, so she doesn't really mind it, she was having a dream of the things that lead up to this kinda a nightmare. She was at home with her family the day was going on as normal until Sombra took over her and her family was try to escape the city but her family got caught, but she got away a while after which she found the Resistance, and after argueing with the leader of it she convince them to let her join and they did.

((Dangit, I'm last... meh oh well XD))

Comet bolted straight up, his eyes wide. "Oh... just a dream..." he muttered to himself, and looked at the others. He looked up at the chasm's ceiling and closed his eyes for a moment. "I miss you dad..." he whispered before getting up and silently stretching a little. Using his magic, Comet levitated his crystal sword out and strapped it to his back.

Ironhoof nodded to Silver when he said "G'morning" and replied with a gruff "Yes, and so should you be." Good. Everyone was awake now. "Someone should go relieve the filly of her duties." Chuckled Ironhoof. It was a job any one of them could have handled, but Starwind seemed to enjoy being out at night. In some ways, she reminded Ironhoof of his daughter. "After that, we need to talk about our food situation." He said, glancing at a corner of the cave reserved for their rations. It was getting low. "And then it's down to the same old business, how do we free the others." Ironhoof sighed at that last one. They'd searched for some kind of weakness in Sombra's defenses, but so far hadn't found any way through. If they could find a way into the Empire without being spotted, they might be able to blend in with some of the guards. If, that is.

As Silver listened to Ironhoof, he twirled a crystal dagger between his hooves, watching the light gleam off of it. He'd been unable to retrieve his bow while escaping the castle, but he had been able to take this dagger with him, since he took it everywhere; it was the only weapon his father had given him. He wondered where his father was now. Silver would like to believe he was captured, but knowing dear old Dad, he'd probably gone down fighting.

"... filly of her duties," he heard Ironhoof say, taking him out of his memories. He inferred the beginning of the sentence, and after listening to the rest of what he had to say, Silver got up and said, "I'll get her." His stomach growled. "And yes, we do need to talk about the food situation." He spread his wings and leaped off the ground. soaring towards the open mouth of the cave. The mouth was really only a few dozen feet away, but he felt the need to stretch his wings anyway. He flew in front of the filly, shook her awake gently, wordlessly gestured towards the inside of the cave, and flew back to the forge.

(wow, good thing i am bringing along food lol, seems like i should have brought more)

Twilight would be pretty silent most of the walk to the train station. Although she did not know this griffon Twilight had already picked up that he was not talkative, she had not heard him say much. She had also noticed that he never showed any emotion. When she asked him to do this, he had simply nodded. His face had stayed blank, like he had never felt any emotion. Twilight actually felt sorry for him, she could not imagine her life without the emotions that drive her forward. The main one being the love for her friends. Without that, she wouldnt even be Twilight sparkle, she would be somethign else. As they reached the train station twlight would walk over to the ticket booth and say "I need two tickets to the Crystal empire". The pony running the booth would smile and say "Twilight sparkle, or should i say princess twilight sparkle, here you go. Its a pleasure to finally meet you. Enjoy the ride" and with that, he would hoof two tickets to twilight. Twi would smile as she opened the door and walked in.

Blackwing the whole trip had stayed quiet, not saying a word, not glancing at anything, or pony, not even stretchign a wing. He had just walked along side Twilight the whole trip. As they reached, and got on, the train Blackwign would finally say a word. "Time?" He would ask, wondering how long this trip would take. The answer he got was fine with him. Twlight would say "About ten minutes". With that Blackwing would finally lay down on a seat, well, more like a bed seat. As it was Twilight, a princess, the person running this train had given her a carriage to herself. She had Invited Blackwing to stay in there as well. Right now though, all he wanted to do was rest. When they arrived, he would get up.

TRAIN ARRIVES

As the train arrived Twilight walk over to Blackwing, who was currently sleeping on a seat. Like when he was awake, his face was still blank and emotionless. Twilight would sigh, wanting to help though she didnt know how. Instead she would say "Time to wake up". The moment she said that Blackwing would open a eye, and wake up.

(Ik it would take longer then ten minutes, just could not be bothered to make it too long, and this is while all your stuff is happening)

Starwind felt somepony shake her and she half open her eyes and saw silver pointing inside, Starwind Yawn and follow Silver being half awake and half alseep when they got to everypony was she sat near them and trying to fight off the will to go back to sleep but she was losting, after 5 minutes she felt herself nodding off after a couple more minutes after that she was laiding on the floor in there asleep again. But despite all this morning trouble she still prefers to stay up all night doing whatever she can so the others can get sleep.

Fire thought for a while and said "we could get someone to retrieve supplies from neighboring towns or cities, but it would be too far and would take too long. Even if we did try that there is a chance that we will be caught..."

Fire remembered that she left her dad's favourite katana under a loose board. If the guards haven't found it, she migh be able to get it back. Now she needed to play her role as the medic until she can tell the others about it.

Comet sat back down and sighed. His stomach growled quietly. "Y-Yeah, food is right," he said, looking at the others. He began to walk over to join Iron in looking outside, but stumbled over Starwind, who was now sleeping again. Comet cursed under his breath as he got back up to his hooves and looked at the filly. "You need to stop staying up all night..." He muttered, turning and walking over to Ironhoof. His eyes had grown accustomed to the darkness of the cave, and was nearly blinded by the sudden daylight he looked at. After blinking a few times though, he got used to it and looked up into the morning sky, lost in his own thoughts.

"Well, at least we can all agree that we need more food." said Ironhoof, "Now, does anyone know where the best place for us to get some would be? With a lack of a way into the city, the only place I can think of is the farms." He looked to each of the others in turn, smiling when he looked at Starwind asleep again. Poor filly, though she was doing very well considering the situation they were all in.

Silver thought about this, now holding the dagger still in one hoof. He'd had some friends in the farms. He wondered where they were and how they were doing. Regardless, this meant Silver knew relatively quick and easy ways there, not to mention (roughly) the best food to recover and how to recover it. He stretched his wings out and said, "I can go out and retrieve some food from the farms, easy. But to tell you the truth, I'm getting real tired of not having a weapon to properly defend myself. My dagger is good, but I'm a bowpony at heart. So if we want to get inside the city again, I say first we think about how to get better weapons. I'm of better use to you with my bow."

(Soz, had a massive Blackout. Il post when i can get on a better PC, il just edit this one)

As the train arrived Twilight would sigh as she woke Blackwing up. He seemed...different then any other pony she had ever seen. Although he was a griffon, he was nothing like guilda. Instead of being rude and cruel, he was silent and emotionless. Twilight would sigh again as she led him outside to the city. "Well here we are, the crystal empire" would be the words she would say once they were off the ramp. Twi would then start to blabber on about stuff. "I really hope this spell works, we need to be in just the right location for it to work. If we try somewhere else we will place you somewhere else. But where is that spot.....the fields? the shops? The castle? The library? the dungeons?" Twilight would say, rambling on. After about a minute of that Twi would stop. "Wait the castle....I KNOW THE PLACE, COME ON" Twi would say, yelling it out to the empire. With that she would sprint off, running towards a certain spot in the castle.

Blackwing this whole time would just be silent, listening to the ramble of the princess. When she finally chose the location, he would follow. She would lead him to the top of a tower. It was the tower she had recovered the crystal heart from. Once they were up there Blackwing would stand in the middle of the tower, awaiting the go.

"Hmm, this spot works, i mean, i hope it does, of course it does....Well, nothing ventured nothing gained" Twilight would say before charging a spell for a minute, and firing at it at Blackwing.

Everything would go blurry as the spell hit blackwing, though he would not flinch. The last thing Twi would see was his emotionless face as he disappeared into thin air.

(Post is up :D)

"I...um my uncle has a weapon shop that was abandoned she my Uncle became a slave. I bet you can find a bow there" Fire said checking her medical kit. "I also need to go back to my house to get something"

((Sorry I'm late! :P))

Comet shrugged. He didn't really care where they went. His crystal sword was his most valuable weapon, he didn't really need anything else. But as long as they were getting food, Comet was in. "Alright," he said after a moment. "When do you think we should go?"

((Also sorry for the shortish post, didn't really know what to say XD))

((Sorry about the absence guys, rough week.))

Ironhoof thought hard about what everyone had said. He had seemingly been made the group leader at some since the group came together. Maybe it was his age that made the others follow him. He'd never be able to figure it out though, and his attention was needed here and now. "The sooner we can hit the farms, the better." Ironhoof decided, "The guards sent to watch them may still be half asleep by the time we show up, and we certainly won't be able to safely enter the city with our stomachs giving us away! We'll have to save that for later. Tonight, perhaps." He paused to see if anyone in the group would object.

((Yeah, just to let you guys know, don't be afraid to drive the story forward. I may have started this RP, but I'm not against others deciding what happens. After all, this is a group effort :) ))

Archived