NFL 'Modified' Elimination Pool Game Section Challenge

Mojo

Ok, so far, TacoBob has not responded, but we really need to keep this process moving along.

So, to that end, I've decided to take Gerrard's suggestion to use 'sealed bids' for the other players in the game!

Here's how it'll work.

SteelEagle and Riverhippo, I'm asking both of you to submit 'sealed bids' to me via PM.

Each of you will select three teams from the remaining pool: A first choice, a second choice and a third choice in other of your preference from among these:

Baltimore, Carolina, Cincinnati, Dallas, Detroit.

After that, when TacoBob finally picks HIS team, then I'll go to your sealed bids. His team will be removed from your lists and then your highest rated team remaining will be YOUR pick. For River, when TacoBob's team and Steel's team are removed, your highest rated team remaining will become your selection.

This way, we can be fair to everyone involved in the process AND get this thing wrapped up soon.

So SteelEagle, Riverhippo, I now await your three team 'sealed bids' via PM (do NOT post your three teams on this thread, please).

And, if for some reason, TacoBob doesn't select a team before the deadline, then we're set too! Steel's highest ranked team will become his bid, then that team will be removed from River's list, and then his highest ranked remaining team will be his selection.

Ok folks, let's get this done!

:D:D:D

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, TacoBob!

Steel already PMed his sealed bid to me, and his First Choice is: Detroit Lions!

So,via the sealed bid, Steel has made his selection!

Riverhippo, now it's your turn! Belay all previous instructions, you may make your selection here, in this thread.

The only teams left in the playoff pool that are unclaimed are Carolina, Cincinnati and Dallas.

Now, make your choice!

Wow. I'm actually pretty shocked at what I have to choose from. If I had to pick winners for all the games, I would say the Bengals, Cowboys and Panthers all win. If that does happen, there's going to be a lot of people eliminated in the first week. ;)

So I just had to think which game I felt was the best sure thing. Bengals Colts is scary, there will be lots of turnovers, and I have no faith in either of those offenses. Cowboys should be good against the Lions, but maybe Suh's non-suspension can make keep Cowboy's successful running game at bay. Having weighed the options and over-analyzed the football statistics and trends, I have going with...

Carolina-Panthers.gif

And yes, I'm serious.

Losing record or whatever, the Panthers are hot, winning their final four games. Their defense is playing like it's the 2013 season, and Cam Newton is putting pressure on defenses, despite having an unfortunate car accident that suspended his play during the season. Meanwhile, the Cardinals have lost 4 of their last 6 games, failing to win their division and only scoring 12.1 points per game in those games. This game is going to be a defensive struggle and will likely be within a score the entire match. I'm not saying Cam Newton is all the sudden the best quarterback in the NFC. But what I do believe is that Ryan Lindley might possibly be the worst.

Thank you, River! That means all of the active players in the game have made their selections for Wild Card weekend in the NFL.

I will also invite MetalBrony to make a playoff pick if he chooses to since he did technically finish in 7th Place for the season.

The two remaining teams for selection are Cincinnati and Dallas.

It seems appropriate that a fan of a team from a division where everybody has a losing record yet still has a team in the playoffs is still allowed to play in these playoffs despite missing most of the game.

I'm sorry for missing most of the game, guys. It's just with personal issues in my real life and the subsequent drop in activity it began to slip my mind.

With that being said, my money is on the Bengals.

Happy playoffs guys! :D Even though my Falcons came nowhere close....... :(

Thanks Metal!

So, by default, that leaves Dallas for Leapman!

The First Playoff Round selections are set:

Bye: Seattle, Green Bay

Detroit at Dallas Sun. 1/4 4:45pm (Fox)

Arizona at Carolina Sat. 1/3 4:35pm (ESPN)

Bye: New England, Denver

Baltimore at Pittsburgh Sat. 1/3 8:15pm (NBC)

Cincinnati at Indianapolis Sun. 1/4 1pm (CBS)

Teams in the pool for Wild Card Week:

Arizona -- Rarity

Baltimore -- TacoBob

Carolina -- Riverhippo

Cincinnati -- MetalBronyATL

Dallas -- Leapman

Detroit -- SteelEagle

Indianapolis -- Gerrard

Pittsburgh -- Mojo

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Saturday's Results:

Carolina 27 - Arizona 16

Baltimore 30 - Pittsburgh 17

Riverhippo & TacoBob will advance to the next round of the playoffs

Rarity & Mojo will not

Sunday's Games:

Cincinnati (MetalBronyATL) at Indianapolis (Gerrard)

Detroit (SteelEagle) at Dallas (Leapman)

Another result is in: Indianapolis 26, Cincinnati 10!

This means Gerrard will play in the next round of our playoffs, MetalBrony will not.

Last Playoff game is over: Dallas 24, Detroit 20!

This means Leapman will move on to next round of our playoffs, SteelEagle will not.

Next week's NFL Divisional Playoff Schedule

Baltimore at New England Saturday Jan 10th 4:35pm ET NBC

Carolina at Seattle Saturday Jan 10th 8:15pm ET Fox

Dallas at Green Bay Sunday Jan 11th 1:05pm ET Fox

Indianapolis at Denver Sunday Jan 11th 4:40pm ET CBS

Here's the eight teams in this week's pool in alphabetical order:

Baltimore

Carolina

Dallas

Denver

Green Bay

Indianapolis

New England

Seattle

Here's the selection order of the remaining active players in our game:

1. Gerrard (First Place during the season)

2. TacoBob (Sixth Place during the season)

3. Riverhippo (Seventh Place during the season)

4. Leapman (Eighth Place during the season)

As in the last round, each player will select one winning team, those who pick afterwards cannot select a team already chosen.

First Gerrard, then TacoBob, then Riverhippo.

After those three have selected, I will use an online random number generator (Random.org) to make Leapman's choice from the remaining five teams.

Good luck to everyone still in the game!

Sorry Rarity, SteelEagle and MetalBronyATL. Looks like I, like the rest of you, are now out of the competition.

Gerrard, you are now 'on the clock'!

I'm going to non-violently protest Leapman's involvement. Even though he had no other team to chose, he has to at least prove his existence. His last updates were on September 14, where his last post and his status says he's quitting Canterlot. I'd rather give Mojo/Rarity/Steel another chance than let 'nobody' be credited with a first round win.

I'm going to non-violently protest Leapman's involvement. Even though he had no other team to chose, he has to at least prove his existence. His last updates were on September 14, where his last post and his status says he's quitting Canterlot. I'd rather give Mojo/Rarity/Steel another chance than let 'nobody' be credited with a first round win.

You do raise a valid point, River.

Ok, no pick for Leapman.

We'll carry on with just the three active contestants from this point forward.

LOSER PLAYOFFS!!

Round two. (divisional, i guess)

Teams remaining:

AFC

1. Tennessee Titans

2. Oakland Raiders

5. Jacksonville Jaguars

6. Miami Dolphins

NFC

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

2. Washington Redskins

3. Chicago Bears

4. St. Louis Rams

First game this week is Oakland Raiders visiting the Jacksonvill Jaguars. Last week, the Jags fell victim to a sudden Cleveland Brown triump. The Raiders kickoff their playoff trying to win a game coming off of their disappointing bye.

Oakland Raiders 23

Jacksonville Jaguars 9

SCORING SUMMARY

1st Quarter

JAC 12:31 FG Josh Scobee 35 yds. 0-3

OAK 9:16 S 2014 Oakland Safety 2-3

OAK 4:57 TD Latavius Murray 6 yd. run (Janikowski kick) 9-3

2nd Quarter

JAC 14:14 FG Josh Scobee 41 yds. 9-6

JAC 0:00 FG Josh Scobee 28 yds. 9-9

3rd Quarter

OAK 9:45 TD Andre Holmes 6 yd. pass from Carr (Janikowski kick) 16-9

4th Quarter

OAK 8:32 TD Marcel Reece 14 yd. run (Janikowski kick) 23-9

After it being tied at halftime with only field goals on the board, it sure looked like it was going to be an overtime snoozer. However, Oakland was able to key in on some touchdowns to keep them ahead, and eventually out of the playoffs. Jaguars haven't scored a touchdown in 7 quarters. Well. At least Scobee is a decent kicker.

Next we have the Washington Redskins dragging themselves and their horribly offensive mascot name to Chicago where it's sure to be a cold one at Soldier Field. Weather reports indicate heavy snow and mild winds. Looks like the running game might have to be vital to win this game.

Washington Redskins 38

Chicago Bears 24

SCORING SUMMARY

1st Quarter

CHI 4:50 FG Jay Feely 31 yds. 0-3

2nd Quarter

WAS 14:06 FG Kai Forbath 36 yds. 3-3

CHI 7:21 TD Dante Rosario 1 yd. pass from Cutler (Feely kick) 3-10

WAS 6:15 TD Alfred Morris 49 yd. pass from Griffin III (Forbath kick) 10-10

WAS 1:40 TD Alfred Morris 1 yd. run (Forbath kick) 17-10

3rd Quarter

WAS 12:24 TD Alfred Morris 24 yd. run (Forbath kick) 24-10

WAS 1:52 TD DeSean Jackson 13 yd. pass from Griffin III (Forbath kick) 31-10

4th Quarter

CHI 8:46 TD Alshon Jeffery 13 yd. pass from Cutler (Feely kick) 31-17

WAS 4:24 TD Jordan Reed 42 yd. pass from Griffin III (Forbath kick) 38-17

CHI 1:49 TD Josh Morgan 8 yd. pass from Cutler (Feely kick) 38-24

It was looking to be a shootout, but Washington's dominance in the middle quarters was enough to hold off a desperate 4th quarter Bears team. Jay Cutler looked aweful on the sidelines. His statistics weren't bad though. throwing 340 yards with three touchdowns and no turnover, it was probably the best you would get from him. But man, does he look bad on the sideline. The most painful thing about Washington's successful running game was not that it kept the Bears defense on the field, but more importantly, it kept Jay Cutler's moments of meh alive. Robert Griffin spoke to the media after the game. "I told ya'll I didn't suck."

The number one seed Titans visit the Dolphins, who somehow lost a game to the Jets. You would think that in sunny Miami where it's warm mostly all year around, that they could pull out a comfortable win against the worst team in the conference, right? We'll, let's see how Tannehill and the Dolphins did.

Tennessee Titans 13

Miami Dolphins 24

SCORING SUMMARY

1st Quarter

MIA 7:40 TD Jarvis Landry 8 yd. pass from Tannehill (Sturgis kick) 0-7

2nd Quarter

TEN 8:43 FG Ryan Succop 25 yds. 3-7

MIA 2:28 TD Daniel Thomas 1 yd. run (Sturgis kick) 3-14

3rd Quarter

MIA 4:53 TD Daniel Thomas 1 yd. run (Sturgis kick) 3-21

TEN 0:00 FG Ryan Succop 29 yds. 6-21

4th Quarter

TEN 13:10 TD 72 yd punt return (Succop kick) 13-21

MIA 0:59 FG Caleb Sturgis 29 yds. 13-24

A convincing win eliminates the Dolphins from contention. Titans tried to prove to everyone how uninteresting of a team they really are. To be honest though, I saw Tennehill's first touchdown pass in the first quarter and then fell asleep. I have no idea what the Titans were able to do on offense. Who's their quarterback? Mettenhurst or something? I don't know. Good luck in the conference final, Tennessee. You're going to need it against the Jaguars, your divisional "rivalry".

And finally this week, the Tampa Bay Bucs travel to St. Louis where they face the punishing defense of the Rams. Rams are the best half football team ever. Let's see if they can get themselves out of this playoff against the conference worst.

Tamba Bay Buccaneers 30

St. Louis Rams 24

SCORING SUMMARY

1st Quarter

TAM 4:41 TD Vincent Jackson 10 yd. pass from McCown (Murray kick) 7-0

ST. 0:50 TD Kenny Britt 2 yd. pass from Hill (Zuerlein kick) 7-7

2nd Quarter

TAM 12:07 TD Charles Sims 26 yd. run (Murray kick) 14-7

ST. 1:03 FG Greg Zuerlein 42 yds. 14-10

TAM 0:08 FG Patrick Murray 41 yds. 17-10

3rd Quarter

TAM 11:11 FG Patrick Murray 39 yds. 20-10

ST. 5:18 TD Stedman Bailey 17 yd. pass from Hill (Zuerlein kick) 20-17

4th Quarter

ST. 11:16 TD Benny Cunningham 8 yd. pass from Hill (Zuerlein kick) 20-24

TAM 9:38 TD Vincent Jackson 25 yd. pass from McCown (Murray kick) 27-24

TAM 3:12 FG Patrick Murray 37 yds. 30-24

Once again, we see that bye being taken advantage of. The Bucs traveled well and got passed the Rams defense. Although it seems strange, the Rams simply just didn't play a good enough game. Shaun Hill played about as well as he had all season, but without a strong defense, they could not put together a classic Rams putout. Josh McCown, who threw the go ahead touchdown in the 4th quarter, said he wanted to be traded to another team that had a better shot at winning the superbowl. A media spokesman politely replied to the comment, "I don't think any of the winning teams are in need of a backup quarterback right now."

Next week, the conference finals!!!!

Tennessee Titans @ Jacksonville Jaguars

Chicago Bears @ St. Louis Rams

Tune in next week for the continuing of....

THE LOSER PLAYOFFS

Now we have the OFFICIAL NFL Elimination Game Divisional Playoff Round selections set!

Gerrard -- New England

TacoBob -- Green Bay

Riverhippo -- Seattle

It's possible that all three will advance, so we shall see.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

Results of Divisional NFL games go far:

NE 35, Balti 31 -- Gerrard advances to the next round!

Sea 31, Car 17 -- Riverhippo advances to the next round!

GB 26, Dal 21 -- Tacobob advances to the next round!

All three remaining playoff contestants survive for next week's AFC & NFC Championship games!

The NFL Championship games are set for this coming Sunday:

Green Bay at Seattle 3:05pm Fox

Indianapolis at New England 6:40pm CBS

So here we go! The available teams in the pool this coming week are:

Green Bay

Indianapolis

New England

Seattle

Players are free to choose ANY team they want that hasn't been chosen already. You do NOT have to select the same team you chose last week.

Gerrard will have the first selection, then TacoBob and lastly, Riverhippo.

Gerrard, you are now on the clock!

Good luck to all!

Gerrard chooses the New England Patroits!

TacoBob, you are now on the clock.

Pick any of the remaining three teams in the pool you want!

Archived