NFL 'Modified' Elimination Pool Game Section Challenge

Mojo

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we have the OFFICIAL NFL Championship Game selections set!

Gerrard -- New England

TacoBob -- Green Bay

Riverhippo -- Seattle

(Looks a lot like last week's picks)

We will have at least one winner, maybe two, we shall see.

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

:D:D:D

So, John Fox,the former Broncos head coach got picked up by the Bears. A lot of questions looming about what the Bears will be like in the years to come. Many headlines connect Fox with 'fixing' the bears. Can Fox fix the Bears defense? Can Cutler salvage some talent in his body for Chicago playoff run in 2015? Being a Broncos fan, I got to experience four years of Fox's success. Below, I will answer very thoroughly, using my knowledge of the pastfour years, the difficult question: "Will John Fox fix the Bears?"

No. He wont.

Seattle wins in OT!

Riverhippo wins and goes on in our playoffs!

If New England wins, Gerrard and River will pick in the Super Bowl for the Championship!

If the Colts win, River is our playoff Champion outright!

I guess I'll pick whoever Gerrard doesn't pick. In a way, I'm kinda relieved. I don't have to second guess my Superbowl pick. I can let Gerrard do that for me. :blah:

So which is going to be, buddy?

The Legion of Boom?

giphy.gif

or "Tom Terrific"

bradyhighv.gif?w=1000

MAKE YOUR CHOICE

MmnIjQa.gif

bbbls.gif

stumped.gif

It is official now:

Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots in the Super Bowl!

Gerrard, you will basically be picking for both yourself and Riverhippo.

The team you DON'T pick will be River's by default.

You have plenty of time to make your selection.

This is for all the marbles! Good luck!

TOM TERRIFIC. THE ONE BEHIND THE 1 IN 21 AND ONE!

HE'S GONNA BREAK RUSSEL WILSON'S PLAYOFF WIN STREAK AND SEND HIM INTO OBSCURITY.

Tom Brady isn't here to put smiles on people's faces. Tom Brady is here is here to shock the Seahawk's universe and put tears in the faces of CHILDREN.

That's not a prediction, IT'S A SPOILER!

Tom terrific, the reigning, defending, undisputed best footall player of all time. There may be legends. There may be nfl players. But there is only ONE Tom Brady. Patriots OR BUST.

Ok Gerrard, you're in such a great mood with the Patriots, I won't try to DEFLATE your enthusiasm!

Seriously, it's all set then:

Gerrard picks New England, by default, Riverhippo gets Seattle!

GOOD LUCK GUYS!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have not forgotten!!

We will not see which team in the NFL is the best loser!

The AFC Losing Champ game is between the Tennessee Titans and the Jacksonville Jaguars. Jaguars have had very little offense to show for their loses, something has got to give. While on the Titans side, they have been unable to protect enough to give their quarterback an edge. With the game likely going to be close, they have decided to start Mettenberger at QB. Let's see how it resulted.

Tennessee Titans 27

Jacksonville Jaguars 24

SCORING SUMMARY

1st Quarter

JAC 3:51 TD Storm Johnson 7 yd. run (Scobee kick) 0-7

2nd Quarter

TEN 10:22 TD Kendall Wright 4 yd. pass from Mettenberger (Succop kick) 7-7

TEN 8:40 TD Delanie Walker 28 yd. pass from Mettenberger (Succop kick) 14-7

JAC 2:49 TD Jordan Todman 5 yd. run (Scobee kick) 14-14

TEN 0:39 TD Shonn Greene 22 yd. run (Succop kick) 21-14

4th Quarter

TEN 13:32 FG Ryan Succop 25 yds. 24-14

JAC 8:39 TD Toby Gerhart 24 yd. run (Scobee kick) 24-21

JAC 1:25 FG Josh Scobee 49 yds. 24-24

TEN 0:00 FG Ryan Succop 35 yds. 27-24

190 yards and 2 touches was enough for Zack Mettenberger to win the game for the Titans! Scobee didn't miss for the Jags, but was not given enough oportunity to keep within reach. A 4th quarter comeback by the Jags looked possible, but futile after you realizehow one demensional the Jaguars were. They just couldn't air it out. Congrats to the Titans for not sucking, and to Jacksonville, we'll see you in the Loserbowl!

Next we have the NFC losing champ game, the Chicao Bears and the St. Louis Rams. This matchup almost doesn't seem fair, as both teams have showed their fair share of tenacity during moments of the season. But they are in this game for a reason, and just haven't been able to turn it on. Who will win? Will Jay Cutler out-meh the Rams D-Line, or with the Rams use their NFC West divisonal upset matches as proof that they don't deserve to be in the worst game imaginable?

Chicago Bears 27

St. Louis Rams 16

SCORING SUMMARY

1st Quarter

ST. 11:22 TD Tre Mason 10 yd. run (Zuerlein kick) 0-7

CHI 7:21 TD Matt Forte 1 yd. run (Feely kick) 7-7

CHI 0:17 TD Matt Forte 25 yd. run (Feely kick) 14-7

2nd Quarter

ST. 6:20 FG Greg Zuerlein 24 yds. 14-10

CHI 1:14 TD Marquess Wilson 6 yd. pass from Cutler (Feely kick) 21-10

ST. 0:00 FG Greg Zuerlein 48 yds. 21-13

3rd Quarter

ST. 0:02 FG Greg Zuerlein 22 yds. 21-16

4th Quarter

CHI 8:37 FG Jay Feely 23 yds. 24-16

CHI 0:17 FG Jay Feely 45 yds. 27-16

Rams fans are unable to speak. They cannot believe that they got beat by the Bears. "Who do they think we are, the Falcons?" One of the third string offensive lineman says. Bears fans (the ones who were watching) were relieved that Fox was able to join the squad and earn a win on such short notice. Even after denying any issues he had with Elway, reporters decided to ask him again after the game. He stated, "What did I say?" Reporters knew what he meant, but the ones who weren't paying attention walked away with a common question lingering over their head: what did the fox say?

SO HERE IT IS. LOSER BOWL 2015!!!!

Jacksonville Jaguars vs. St. Louis Rams

Betting lines are out, showing Rams having a 4 and a half point advantage. Most people think the Jaguars are going to lose themselves all the way to London. But will they even survive that? And what will a 'worst team in 2014-15' do to the Rams, a Rams team that for all intents and purposes aren't actually that bad of a team. With a lose in this game, their wins against the Seahawks, 49ers and Broncos during the season will surely be forgotten. So let's find out....

Jacksonville Jaguars 13

St. Louis Rams 27

SCORING SUMMARY

1st Quarter

ST. 7:16 FG Greg Zuerlein 48 yds. 0-3

2nd Quarter

ST. 14:53 TD Stedman Bailey 8 yd. pass from Hill (Zuerlein kick) 0-10

JAC 7:50 FG Josh Scobee 46 yds. 3-10

ST. 2:02 FG Greg Zuerlein 37 yds. 3-13

JAC 0:19 FG Josh Scobee 49 yds. 6-13

3rd Quarter

ST. 10:01 TD 75 yd interception return (Zuerlein kick) 6-20

4th Quarter

JAC 4:33 TD Storm Johnson 1 yd. run (Scobee kick) 13-20

ST. 4:15 TD Tavon Austin 78 yd. run (Zuerlein kick) 13-27

With the Jaguars first touchdown coming the fourth quarter, it was obvious this team was not able to pull out the goods to beat the Rams. Defensively, the Rams weren't even perfect, allowing more yards to the Jags than the Rams were able to get, including the Jaguars having more time of possession. The Jaguars lost this one themselves. Maybe, their coach didn't have the balls to go for on fourth down. But, who could blame them. Their offensive efficiency was pathetic.

Congrats to the Rams for resisting defeat, even though they couldn't do it until now. And congrats Jaguars, for being declared the worst football team in 2014-15. You truly do stink. Your parents should be ashamed and you are slowing down humanity with your efforts. You should probably quit playing. Wow, you are a joke.

Ok, so thanks for reading these silly things. All games were simulated at Whatifsports.com.

Go Hawks.

New England 28, Seattle 24

The winner of the Super Bowl playoffs is Gerrard!

Thanks for playing, everyone!

See you next season!

Bill Belichick and Tom Brady discuss their victory at the SUPER BOWL.

[/media]

"My name is Bill Belichick and it is the greatest privilege of my career to serve as the advocate for the beast incarnate, TOM BRADY, the conqueror of the WILSON'S streak. A streak that lasted nearly a quarter of a decade, a quarter of a decade that ended in three seconds at the hands of BUTLER. I understand how you feel; you're in shock, which shows me your lack of intelligence because we hate to say we told you so but ladies and gentlemen, we told you so.

"My client stood before you in this shirt. Here it is. Now, I know how difficult it is for you to read but it says 'Eat. Sleep. Break the Streak.' And you had the temerity to doubt the strategy of the greatest coach in the NFL, BILL BELICHICK, or the physical credentials of the most dominant athlete in the NFL ever, GRONKOWSKI. Hey, let's get one thing straight: TOM BRADY is not here to put smiles on people's faces. TOM BRADY is here to shock the SEAHAWKS Universe and put tears in the eyes of children."

"But now that you know all the headlines, let's go a little bit off page and shoot from the hip, shall we? Five seconds after walking through the curtain at Superbowl, WILSON collapsed. And as all the para... oh, I know, you don't want to hear this story do you? It's a little too real for you. So as all the paramedics and the doctors are panicking and there's chaos backstage, the most ruthless man that's ever had the pleasure of meeting me, the COMMISSION OF THE NFL, ROGER GOODELL, left the superbowl and rode to the hospital with RUSSEL WILSON. WILSON is being treated today to a severe concussion. He came this close to a broken neck, this close to a cracked skull. And the greatest thing WILSON ever did was not getting his shoulder up on that third touchdown because if he did, he would have had a broken neck. GRONKOWSKI would have cracked his skull. TOM BRADY was prepared to beat on the SEAHAWKS to such a degree that the complexion of this television show would have changed tonight because THE PATRIOTS weren't done until the SEAHAWKS died.

"Here's what I don't understand: TOM BRADY always taught me in every fight there's a winner and a loser. Well, last night the SEAHAWKS were the losers. And the winner, whether you like it or not, was TOM BRADY."

"But since this is supposed to be the wildest crowd of the year, you should all feel empowered. Because each and every single one of you is exactly like every single member of that SEAHAWKS locker room. You're all a bunch of wannabes. When TOM BRADY walked through that curtain last night, nobody gave him a standing ovation. Everybody looked down. You know why? Because nobody respected TOM BRADY, which is fine for Brock because TOM BRADY respects nobody. He barely tolerates me. And he certainly doesn't respect someone who is going to fly in from around the NFL to sit here on the NIGHT of the SUPER BOWL, trying to get noticed on worldwide TV."

"And then you got a bunch of guys in the locker room last night coming up to me saying, 'hey BILL, I could have been the one to DEFEAT WILSON'S PLAYOFF streak. I could have beaten THE SEAHAWKS.' So why didn't you? AARON RODGERS didn't break the streak; CAM NEWTON didn't break the streak; PEYTON MANNING didn't break the streak; COLIN KAEPERNICK didn't break the streak; DREW BREES didn't break the streak. Know why? They're all wannabes. TOM BRADY is the one. Because TOM BRADY IS THE ONE WHO SHUT THOSE STUPID SEAHAWKS FANS UP, ONCE AND FOR ALL."

"Ladies and gentlemen, there are NFL Hall of Famers, there are legends, and there are NFL SUPERSTARS, and the key to that is that they're all plural. They're all lumped together. And then there's only one that stands head and shoulders above the rest on a platform of his own. There's only one beast incarnate. There's only one conquerer of the streak. And there's only one TOM BRADY."

• 6 months later...

Looks like Footsball season has snuck up on us..at least the preseason has....Are we still doing this?

YES!!!  I still plan to run this contest!

I am debating whether to continue using this thread or creating a new one for this coming season.

Archived