Sleet Shock [Ready]

SirJude

Roleplay Type: World of Equestria (WoE)

Name : Sleet Shock

Sex : Male

Species : Pegasus

Eye Color: A deeper brown, similar to the mane/tail.Hex Code #472400 d308edc7420f75cedd6239b3bea75ca4.png

Coat : The coat is a lighter shade of brown, described as the shade of “Beaver” or under the hex code of #9F8170. One accessory that Sleet always keeps on nose is his glasses. His eyesight is not perfect and he does require them to see. If he is doing one of his ice trips then he would have a pair of goggles, used to keep the harsher weather from his eyes but still allowing him safe passage through the clouds. efa364baffe2cb957de4f84d4cdefca8.png

Mane/Tail: His mane and tail are both the color of a darker brown. To specify through Hex it would be #402000. They are both well kept, where the mane is short and goes over the forehead and around the neck. The tail’s hair is straight and long, reaching just a few inches above the ground.82c85624db01884c3117e4d80ae78b6e.png

Physique: Sleet is a rather thin Pony, requiring some extra clothing when going into extremely low temperatures. He is slightly taller than the average pony, making him stick out a little due to his height.

Residence: Marelia – A Snowy Mountain Resort.

Cutie Mark: Sleet’s Cutie mark is of a lightning cloud, replacing the drops of water with flakes of snow instead.

The history behind Sleet’s cutie mark starts from trips when he was a younger colt. With the various lessons coming from living in Marelia he would have to learn about the harsher climates that he would be helping control. Throughout his younger ages the colts and phillies would be instructed on the drastic nature of the weather encircling their little mountain town. Survival training was not something taken lightly, and upon those voyages came a stick set of rulings following these expeditions, you would have to stay with the group, keep close, do not waste time, and for the upmost do not disobey a teachers direct orders. During one trip up Sleet’s curiosity got the better of him, and going through the various caves higher up the mountain, he stopped to observe the ice laid in the walls. It was oddly beautiful, and he could not tear his eyes away from the sculptures hidden in behind the layer of ice.

Through his own mistake he shakes his head, realising now that the rest of the party had managed to go on without him. His obsession with the sculptures in the ice had lead him astray from the rest of the group, and so he started to run to get out of the cave and back to his group. He had no idea how far ahead they had gotten but he had to do his best to get back as quickly as possible. To his misfortune however a storm had picked up, the amount of footprints he could even find already lead out of the cave that he was in, and the only option for him to get out of her and back down the mountain was through this passage.

Taking his time he did his best to try and think it out. Following the rules he was told earlier he would need to stay safe. The worst he could do is the only thing that he could think of at the moment, so he hunkered down on the inside of the cave, looking out into the blowing snow, and preparing some kind of strategy. There was no wood in sight, probably deeper into the storm, and by the time he got to it and came back he might not even be able to start a fire. He didn’t have any kind of survival equipment on him that would last him, as the directing party held all that would be needed for that sort of situation. Without food, water, or a proper sort of shelter, he had to do his last ditch effort. With his mind set, he stretched his wings. He would have to do the stupid act. He would be in trouble either way, but he thought that he might be able to at least propel himself in a way that he could get down the mountain in one way or another. He walks back in the cave to get a good running start, and with a jump and wings set out from him, he began to flap. With the efforts he got with his wings he gritted his teeth. It was a stupid idea trying to fly in this kind of snow. All it would do is clump on his wings and just hold him back, but fly down the mountain he did. Continuing to flap and flap, he just kept his eyes closed, flying high enough above the tree line to be safe. The cold crippling around him he continued to plow through. He would not be held back from the group. He would not fall behind for too long, and he would apologize to his teacher for falling behind in the first place.

Down near the bottom of the mountain, the teacher was once again counting the number of students. As she was coming to the end of her list she came to realise that one was missing. Looking around the group she was making sure to account for everyone, and if this “Sleet Shock” was not one too quiet to talk up in a crowd. With a scream off in the distance, the teacher looked up. Down from the skylines came the look of a snow covered Pegesi rolling down the last section of the mountain. He flopped down into the snow with a gasp, making sure to keep himself in half decent shape. The teacher picked him up and scowled, starting to give him the biggest earful of his life, but as he panted and looked up to the teacher, he had come to realise that that kind of flying wasn’t.. as bad as everyone was telling him. He was doing just fine, and upon coming to this realization, his flank started to shine as his cutie mark appeared. He knew now that he was a pony meant for flying through difficult weather, helping those who couldn’t help themselves and having the endurance to get through these difficult storms.

History: Sleet’s life was filled with the pleasures of the frozen north. Growing up with his mother and father was one of the highlights of his life. His mother was the one to teach him flying, as his father worked mainly as a weather control pony on the resort mountain. He would eat regular meals, see his mother and father each night, and he would enjoy his life of growing up in such a joyous town. IT was always such a happy place for him, including the summer months where he would help out with the short farming seasons. He would learn mostly from his mother, as his father was rather busy during the days. However the time spent with his father was always an enjoyable experience. They would go on camping trips, enjoy the scenery, and overall have a fantastic time. He would learn of the various methods of food preparation from his father. The various meals and treats were something of a personal hobby, and he strived to learn more and more. As he learned more Sleet listened. His efforts were driven elsewhere but the thought of having so much food at his disposal sounded like a good idea.

One of the most important days he had was one of his younger birthdays when he was still a colt, he received his most important possession. His Phonograph. When Sleet likes to calm himself down or work on something at home, he would always have the crank turned on his trusty phonograph. Music was something that had always driven him to work, and during his years of growing up he would do his best to always have it in places where he would be working in.

As he grew older, he knew he would not need to stay at home any longer. He took up his things and headed for his own little home on the mountain. He was rather used to the change in seasons and went to start looking for work. After the various trials he was put through he was recommended to work as an Air Carrier due to his high endurance. He has continued this job through his life. When he wasn't transporting others to and from his little vacation home, he would be joining his father in weather control.

Character Summary: Sleet is a hard working Pegasi, always focused on the task at hand. There are times where he is a little too focused on the task at hand, and ignores all outside interactions. When he is in this extreme point of focus it requires the touch or a loud noise to get him out of this trance. When working he is very dedicated, and will go to no bounds to get his task complete. However even he would get tired from flying through such harsh weather, and when he`s not on the job he is rather relaxed. He enjoys listening to the records that he can get his hooves on, and when he`s not busy with one of his jobs for the day he will just be sitting in his main room listening to his calming music.

One thing that he finds frustrating is a pony who keeps asking the same question over and over. As much as repetition is the key to a successful job well done, three’s nothing that bugs him more than somepony asking him about how long the trip is going to take. He usually expects that travellers know how long their trips are going to take, and upon being asked he tends to get a little irritable.

He tends to be a bit bashful, as he just sees himself as a very durable pony. He would thank his mother’s gene’s to that respect. But whenever it comes to a compliment he will simply brush it off, as he doesn’t see himself as too special of a pony to deserve such praise. He is mainly looking for some people to be friends with after all, no reason to put him on any pedestal.

When dealing with other ponies, it comes rather easy for Sleet to trust them. HE usually holds others in a rather high light, and although he does not result to praise very often he would be willing to put his trust in others should they be doing good actions that he can either see or hear of. With his level of trust it also comes with a level of distrust, which is rather hard for him to develop in others. It would take actions rather evil for him to really consider you much more than an annoying friend, and as such would try to be friends with as many people as possible. It comes with the trait of being born and raised in a vacation town.

When dealing with a pony at first meeting, he will act calm, relaxed, and do his best to get his usual happy greeting off. He wants to give a pleasant expression from the get go, as that’s usually the best way to deal with the various folks throughout Equestria.

The image included is an older design, and one question that I've had concerning technology in Equestria that I can never really seem to find the perfect answer to. Going by the rules of the forum I am willing to assume that technology like mp3 players and the like are not going to be allowed in this scenario? If that is the case then those can just be the earmuffs that he uses whilst travelling.

post-10249-0-76707500-1408465411_thumb.p

I agree. The history is excellent, but the summary doesn't delve too much into his personality. A little more would be helpful.

I'm also not certain if Marelia is allowable as a location for your character to be from, as it's not in the world lore as a location found here: http://www.canterlot.com/forum/377-equestria-rp-able-locations-and-settings/ but I'll let an RP Helper make that call.

Its alright, everyone misses somethign :D And i have a question about the pic for the app, is there meant to be a hole in its neck? Or am i the only person seeing that

They are supposed to be headphones, I think

They are supposed to be headphones, I think

Yes, they are originally intended to be headphones. It's how i usually draw this character but as the level of technology for this land is a bit confusing to me right now I'm not sure if that's allowable. It was more so an example of what he'd look like, just to get a slightly better visualization.

Wow, this is a really cool app. There is nothing i can suggest other then maybe expand the summary a bit. Other then that i cant spot anything. Best of luck :)

I agree. The history is excellent, but the summary doesn't delve too much into his personality. A little more would be helpful.

Alright, I have edited the Character summary a bit more. It's always a bit difficult for me to put personality into words so I hope I got the right information across in regards to that.

Wow, u did a fair bit too it. And sorry about the confusion, to me it looked like a hole :razz: Soz. Anyway, i cant spot anythign else i can suggest, best of luck pal :)

No worries, that's what I get for putting white headphones with thin lining on a white background ;)

Hi there!

Many thanks to RDD and RedCedar for the great advice they gave on this app!

Looks very good! All of the required fields are filled, and it's very well written.

Well done! I'll be recommending this app for further Senior RPH analysis!

:D:D:D

Hi there!

Many thanks to RDD and RedCedar for the great advice they gave on this app!

Looks very good! All of the required fields are filled, and it's very well written.

Well done! I'll be recommending this app for further Senior RPH analysis!

:D:D:D

Wonderful! Thank you very much Mojo ;)

Archived