Question

Im planning on having a few OC's being worked on soon and i was wondering somethign

For a pegasus, could they have like a mirage talent? Like when they fly, it shows a image of them behind like a illusion?

Can a pony have a Zero gravity ability? Like, at choice he/she can make herself float?

Im going to be askign a lot of this stuff now as this is the type of turf im going into with my OC's.

Well a mirage is an illusion. So I believe that in the case of a pegasus leaving a mirage behind him could also be called an after-image which would be left as the pegasus moves too fast for the eyes to register properly. So I guess that this talent would be related to speed.

As for the zero-gravity, unicorns can perform spells to levitate in the air and pegasi can fly, unless you mean for earth ponies... well I doubt it's a talent that could be aquired by an earth pony since it would be making use of magic. Anyway for any creature it would require a pair of wings or some spell to help. For a non-magical species with no wings it would require some sort of magic trick performed on them or some sort of enchanted item or equipment. (Magical gem giving magical powers to non-magical species, maybe?)

I'm going to have to say no on the mirage talent. They can leave behind streaks of color ala Lightning Dust and Rainbow Dash's contrails, but we haven't seen anything in the show that would support leaving behind a mirage.

As for the floating? It wouldn't be too far fetched for a potion to let a pony float for a short period of time, or for a unicorn to cast a spell to allow floating (after all, a powerful unicorn, like twilight, can outright levitate other ponies around). It's do-able as long as it falls within the realm of possibility as displayed in the show.

Well that depends where these powers would be used too, so it'd be debatable, I believe... I mean, in Canterlot Chronicles... maybe? With some conditions, I guess. World of Equestria? Nah. If we stick to the rules there, then no.

FFA, though? Well... yeah, of course you can. I mean... you can do pretty much what you want there and that's the reason I stick to the section because most of my characters have things that wouldn't belong in CC or WoE. Heck, I have fairy characters... and they never appeared or made mention of them in the show.

So that would be debatable depending on which section of the forum you wanna use these talents, but possible as long as there is a plausible explanation and a nice use of your imagination!

I was operating under the assumption that these questions apply to one of our structured roleplay settings, of course. I'd still say no to mirages in CC. I'd still say yes with the above conditions to floating in CC.

Alright, thanks

Something else i now need to ask. Is it possable to have a pony that can color shift? So if he/she wanted to, they could blend in?

And would a Unicorn be able to make Mirages?

Alright, thanks

Something else i now need to ask. Is it possable to have a pony that can color shift? So if he/she wanted to, they could blend in?

And would a Unicorn be able to make Mirages?

The only creatures that can colour shift are changelings. Everyone else has to make do with dye and make up :P

As for unicorns making mirages, I'd say yes. Unicorns can probably make illusions or be versed in illusion type magic. I could imagine that would be Equestria's equivalent to special effects for the theater.

Ok, cool :D

Two new things.

Is a pony allowed to have traits from all three? Like, maybe a Earth pony wityh earth pony strength, the ability to cloud walk and maybe something from a unicorn?

Are you able to have a earth pony who is blind \but is able to see like Toph?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, cool :D

Two new things.

Is a pony allowed to have traits from all three? Like, maybe a Earth pony wityh earth pony strength, the ability to cloud walk and maybe something from a unicorn?

Are you able to have a earth pony who is blind \but is able to see like Toph?

I'd have to guess no to the first one because each pony type has their own unique magic and that's drifting into Alicorn territory

And if you mean like with sound, I can't really see why not

Archived