Fallout: Equestria - Desolation (Open to all who wish to join.)

NephoxVenom

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BANG!

A black furred pony with green eyes and tail shot another pony in the back of the head.

“gahh dang it!” he said as he wiped some of the splatter off his pre war business suite. he put away his prized gun and quickly checked his pip buck, he was close to Apploosa but he heard rumors that hell hounds were nearby.

“uh! Hope they didn’t hear, dumb beasts probably looking come anyway, with my luck!”

he said as he quickly used his horn to strip the dead pony bare. He looked at her emaciated frame with a mixture of disgust and greed. He patted down her corpse and pulled a small knife in poor condition some caps and a pack of zebra mintals.

He took them all

He tried to squeeze into the bandit armor but it didn’t fit and was in a poor condition anyway.

“look better in my suite anyway!” he said with distain as he walked away levitating his objects into his travel bag. He spat at the corpse and went over a hill. Apploosa was in sight but so were death claws and 2 well armed ponies.

he stood on the top of the hill watching the ponies hoping they haven’t spot him yet.

He wasn’t sure who they were or what they were doing, but he was more concerned with the hell hound in plane sight.

“don’t bring those things over here” he muttered to himself as he inched towards the town.

Shadow flung out his powerful bolt-action sniper and pointed it at the edge of town, "Crap! Hellhounds! What're they doing this close to town?!"

He knew that these creatures were sapient, as they used to be diamond dogs before the nuclear fallout. He screamed at the hellhounds, "Get out of here!"

He fired a round into the air above the creatures' heads, showing that he meant business. He wasn't going to miss the next time. Those things had seen them, and they knew Shadow and Blackwing's scent. The griffon had wings, but Shadow did not.

(Sorry, I just woke up not that long ago. Also, I think I'll be using guns instead of the bow for this rp. Namely, a sniper rifle.)

Tehengu walked down the street in his combat armor, looking around for somepony that could possibly have a job for him. He was a mercenary after all, and he wanted a job at the moment. None of these ponies looked like they would have any work for him, and none of them were proving him wrong by approaching him. He kept his eye open for potential threats as well as potential clients. As he walked down the street, he eventually saw a fellow griffon with... a bow? To each his own, he supposed. Next to the griffon was a unicorn in a black trench coat. He approached them carefully, though neither of them seemed hostile.

"Hello. What're you two doing, and do you mind if I were to join up with you?" Tehengu said, coming to a stop where both of them could easily see him. Not that it would've been hard to spot him, he was quite large even for a griffon. There wasn't time to answer though, as the unicorn began trying to drive off the hellhounds that were nearby. He pulled out his sniper and held it at the ready in case the beasts attacked.

sleaze weighed his possibility's. as he watched the pony whip out a sniper and fire a warning shot

he then saw a second griffon join the party.

"what are they doing!"

He remembered what he knew about this particular pack of hell hounds. he heard that they were roamers and were getting close to apploosa, the past few days. any hell hound was a deadly one and even if these 3 were some kind of well experienced, ultra hard warriors they would have a tough fight on there hooves.

hell hounds could run faster than almost any pony pegasis included they were smart and had been heard to even plan out way to defeat enemies. he also herd that they may possibly be reasoned with, but he wasn't that theory today. he then recalled what he heard about hounds being even stronger and deadlyer the closer you got the ruins of canterlot!

he stepped forward outside the road and got past the 3 closer; to Apploosa. he saw a large boulder next to the dessert road and ran to to and around it. From behind a large boulder he shouted

"DONT DO IT GUY! THE'LL TEAR YA TO SHREADS UNLESS YOU GOT A GAUZE RIFLE OR MINI NUKE!"

Chubby hid behnd the boulder again and took a sip of bottled water. he pulled up his pipbuck and pulled out his favorite hat and placed it on his head keeping the sun out of his eyes raising his perception 1 point. and peaked his head out to watch.

Shadow didn't take his eyes off of the hellhounds, "WHY THE HELL DO YOU THINK I FIRED A WARNING SHOT?!"

Shadow slowly started to back off, his safety a number one priority since the innocents had rushed inside of their homes. What they needed was a strong telekinetic, so they could render the hellhounds immobile. Unfortunately, Shadow was only an above average telekinetic. The most he could carry would be two dumpsters at a time. A hellhound was the equivalent of about four or five. It really depended on the size of the beast. They were seriously dangerous creatures.

Maybe he could reason with the behemoths, "Hey, that, uh... gunshot. That was instinctual! I'm sure you know what I mean."

He kept backing off, knowing that a confrontation was probably the stupidest thing you could ever do.

Tehengu didn't respond to the shout that came, knowing full well what was needed to deal with these things. The unicorn answered though, and began to back off from the hellhounds. He began to back away as well, as it seemed the three of them were now alone on the road besides the hellhounds and whoever had been yelling at them. If needed, he could probably carry the unicorn and fly at the same time.

"Leave us be, and nobody will get hurt." He called out to the hellhounds, still keeping his rifle trained on one of the hounds.

Shadow knew that turning around to run was a pretty stupid thing to do, too. Although, maybe he could levitate himself to the top of one of the houses. The others could simply fly away, so he was good in that regard. If they didn't fly away, he couldn't help them. He knew a well-placed shot to the head of a hellhound with a high-powered rifle could very well be a killing blow. He wasn't going to risk it, though.

He looked at the pegasus, "Fly into the air and rain hell on em'... I got this."

Shadow pulled two machetes from hidden sheathes, the edge of the blades a black. It took the two a moment to realize that the edge of the blade was made out of the same material of a hellhound claw. Shadow wasn't stupid enough to attack the hellhounds on a frontal assault. But these machetes could do some damage. He'd gotten these blades from his father, who had studied hellhounds all of his life. Call it an... inheritence.

Shadow whispered to the two, "I'll levitate myself... get yourselves in the air."

(Pegasus? Who is that?)

Tehengu spared a glance at the unicorn as he pulled out a pair of machetes, which were augmented by replacing the cutting edge with the same material as the hellhound's claws. He looked back to the hounds as the unicorn told him and the other griffon to get into the air, saying he could levitate himself. With a nod, he spread his wings and took to the air, still keeping his aim on the hounds.

(I was assuming your character was a pegasus, since you said "Carry the unicorn and fly" part... oh well, a mistake.)

(But let's wait a bit... don't want to go too far without the others.)

Chubby took a deep breath and inched away from the boulder he had an idea, and it would probably work.

"well heres to stupid ideas, to save stupid ponies, least they can't say i never tried"

He ran into the town and opened up a dumpster, he found some broken mirror, which was perfect! There were a few other things in the garbage but nothing really worth taking.

He used a simple shining spell on the glass, the spell was so easy a filly could do it, but the effect was good, the mirror now had a luster to it and shined brightly when shone in the hot dessert sun.

He levitated the shiny shards as far as he could away from his body and walked back to where the 3 either very brave or very stupid ponies were.

Chubby crouched behind a smaller but closer boulder, and forced the glass pass the suicidal trio.

He waved the shiny glass in front of the hellhounds and using a different spell projected his voice to make it sound closer than it was to them

oooh, shiny, shiny, gems! hell hound love shiny gems!”

he then floated them past the entranced beasts leading them away from the trio and apploosa. making sure to hold them at angle reflecting the sun quite well

(i'll leave it up to you guys if that worked or not, also do you like the green text or is it hard to read?"

(Green text is fine. One thing though, there's only one pony in our little group of three.

I'm not sure how that line made you think he was a pegasus, but whatever. At least we got that cleared up now.)

Floating in the air, at a safe distance off the ground, Tehengu noticed the shiny glass pass by the other two, stopping in front of the hellhounds and distracting them. As the shards floated away from town, the hounds began to follow, and he lowered his gun. He didn't want to start a fight with the hellhounds if none was necessary.

(No, the text is good enough.)

Shadow shrugged, "Well, that woulda' been fun... too bad."

He turned and, without another word, walked off to the general store. The owners had locked the door in an attempt to keep the hell hounds away. He picked the lock in about a minute and strolled on in. He took a few sticks of home-made jerky and put the caps on the counter with a note that said "Beef jerky... here's the money."

Shadow walked out and looked out over the town, "You know, I prefer Manehatten... at least then I can paint the ground with raiders."

This unicorn was obviously more eager to fight than he had appeared. Tehengu simply shook his head as he put his rifle away and watched the unicorn pick the lock on the general store. He landed next to the other griffon as the unicorn entered the store.

"I'm Tehengu, who're you?" He asked the griffon, turning towards him and sticking out a claw. He sighed again as the unicorn returned with meat, commenting on how he preferred Manehatten, as he could kill raiders there. Killing raiders was all well and good, but looking forward to it was a little concerning.

Shadow sat against a pole and began to nom on the jerky. He had long since abandoned his herbivore ways, because in the Wasteland, it was stupid to be picky. You took what you got and if you complained about it, you died. It was as simple as that.

Shadow pulled a sleeve away from his arm to reveal a pipbuck. He turned to DJ Pon3's radio station and leaned his head back, looking into the sky. Once he was done eating, he got up and walked over to the other two, "He's Blackwing and I'm Shadow Fang...."

Eventually, the unicorn took care of the introductions. The griffon was Blackwing, and the unicorn was Shadow Fang. He nodded in response, lowering his claw and turning his single eye on Shadow.

"I take it you're a merc? You look the part." He said simply, looking Shadow up and down.

(thanks, and i was using pony in the way they use it in the show, using it as a Conjugation rather than a literal thing. i.e lets go every pony, rather than, lets go everybody. even if said pony is say a dragon, draconian or griffon. also my guy talks with an accent is it better if i show it in text or is it better just to imagine it yourself. you'll see here)

chubby walked sending the shards further away he walked a several feet past the duo, "where did the other go?" he said to himself as he passed them after a few steps the diamond dogs were over a hill, he took a few more steps and Using all this strength he chucked chucked the shards sending them flying quite the distance and more importantly out of sigh.

he took a deep breath and recovered letting his magic rest. he then turned around and in a exited friendly tone said

"ring a ding ding! its Chubby Sleaze saving your bucking life!" he walked up next to them and sounding calm and confident said "really you guys need to be more tactical, a group of hell hounds this close to the capital could take out a group of steel rangers if they wanted too! if i didn't think that up on the fly everyone would be suffering some major consequence." his voice was charming and smooth. in no way insulting, but rather informative.

he nodded and tipped his favorite black hat as a sign of respect. "but i know sometimes the wasteland throws everything it gots at ya. and ya gotta face it sometimes." he let out a short comfortable pause, and made a mental assesment of the two "so who are ya guys and what lead ya here?"

Shadow looked at the newcomer, "Running is more suicidal than attacking... simple common sense. But, thank you nonetheless."

He looked at Tehengu, "No, I'm a bounty hunter. There's a fine line between a merc and a bounty hunter."

Tehengu looked at the newcomer as he spoke about how strong the hellhounds were around here.

"Steel Rangers need to work on their aim." He said simply before Shadow supplied his own response. Then, the unicorn said he was a bounty hunter, not a merc.

"True, true. I do both, almost anything I'm payed to do, really." He said in response to Shadow before turning back to Chubby.

"Tehengu, Shadow, Blackwing." He said, indicating first himself, then Shadow, then Blackwing, taking care of the introductions.

Shadow looked across the horizon, his face indifferent and emotionless, "I might head out to Filly Delphia... or try to locate that stable dweller that's been freeing the slaves... might just go to Manehatten again and scout the place out... who knows. What're you guys up to?"

Tehengu looked off into the distance as well as Shadow spoke, grunting at the question he posed. What was he doing? He didn't have any work at the moment, so he was basically just wandering.

"Just looking for work, I suppose." He said simply, keeping his good eye on the horizon.

Shadow nodded, sighing a bit, "Yeah, I'm beginning to think that New Appleoosa isn't the place to find jobs... I might actually go to Tenpony Tower. Yeah, I think I'll go there. There's usually a job or two there. Last time I got a job from that place, I ended up going from raider camp to raider camo, trying to find some memory chip for a special terminal a rich pony had... yeah, something like that. Anyway, a lot of blood was shed that month..."

Shadow said, "Well, I think I'm going to head out soon. Blackwing and I were heading out... if you want to come along, then be my guest. But either way, I'm heading to Tenpony Tower."

Shadow talked about heading to Tenpony Tower for work. He then continued by saying that Blackwing and him were going to head out soon before extending an invitation to join them. Tehengu looked over at Shadow and grunted.

"Tenpony Tower... Sounds like as good a place as any to find work. Sure, I'll head out with you two." He said, looking back at the horizon.

Archived