Fallout: Equestria - Desolation (Open to all who wish to join.)

NephoxVenom

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((I figure I'd leave a first post 'for myself' here.))

Deep within the fields that was once the green and grassy meadow, now littered with dead grass and other organisms, a lone white coated earth pony walked along with a jacket that covered his entire body. The jacket was torn and swoon everywhere to keep it together, showing either the pony gathered the clothing in already poor condition, or he himself got into many fights. Both were actually true; he was a walking danger attracter, and a full-on scavenger. Nothing was out of his reach, so long as it was easy to get to.

The white colt continued walking down the field, going towards New Appleoosa; that was until he heard some grunts and groans in the distance. The colt stopped dead in his tracks and looked over towards the side. His eyes were completely one color, orange; as if soulless, and a emotionless look on his face as well. As he looked, he saw what seemed to be two or three of the changelings. The colt sighed inwardly as he turned to face the changelings, or what seemed like deformed versions of them with their bodies shriveled up to where it made him hurt just by looking at them. 'This war has taken a toll on everything... some things worst than others.' He thought to himself as he genuinely felt sorry for these once prideful creatures.

He feelings fell short as the deformed changelings charged forward, one leaping forward to get to the colt. He narrowed his eyes slightly as he reached a hoof to his side, touching a large, metallic weapon, one that ran a hose from the canister of the gun to a pack on his back. The machine had a long barrel, but a small nozzle at the end of it, and a few gauges for heat output. Instantly, the colt pulled the weapon around in front of him and twisted a smaller hose on the side of it to let the fuel start flowing, then waited till the changelings got closer before pressing down on the trigger. What followed was the sound of roaring flames and loud agonizing wails, before it was all drowned out by the crackling of fire.

After all was said and done, the colt looked at what he had done. Did these changelings really deserve a death like this? Perhaps; for all he knew, they were suffering anyways. He placed the flamer back on his side mount and continued walking, having no issues nor walking slowly with it on him. He continued his way towards the small city, the light of flames illuminating behind him, even though it was in the middle of the day.

He finally made his way to the gate of the town and was greeted by the sheriff, who informed him of the simple rules of the town. 'Don't cause any trouble with the locals, and we'll get along just fine.' Was what the sheriff, especially after the little display that was preformed just minutes ago. The colt nodded his head in agreement, then walked away towards another part of the city. It didn't take him long before he found a group of two ponies and two griffon who where all speaking about going to the Tempony Tower. A 'high class' property owned by Tempony himself to help shelter the richer ponies. Scum was the only word he could think of to truly describe Tempony. Of course, that was just his thoughts as many others thought of him as a good pony with a heart of compassion and kindness. The colt shrugged softly and decided to walk over to the group, having the same emotionless expression on his face. "You all speak of going to the tall tower off in the west; correct? Dare I think that you all would need some extra fire power?" He asked them gingerly, not knowing exactly what kind of group this really was. For all he knew, they all could of been bandits looking to score some caps from the enstate; in which case he would have nothing to do with.

(( Changelings = Ghouls. I thought that might be an interesting concept. ))

Shadow looked at the new pony with an emotionless gaze, "I usually do things alone in the worst places, friend. I know how to defend myself... it's a cakewalk IF you know what you're doing."

Shadow took out a flask and took a sip from the metallic container, "Besides... if you knew the Wasteland, you'd know that there is no such thing as being prepared. Not anymore."

He looked around the town with a grimace.

Tehengu glanced at the new pony, who was wearing a very patchwork coat and had a flamethrower on his back. Shadow answered, in a way, the stallion's questions. He kept his eye on the new pony, knowing that blindly trusting newcomers could bite you in the rear. It happened to him before, that's how he lost his eye.

"As long as it's fine with the others, I don't see any reason we couldn't use another combatant in the group." He said, still watching the earth pony.

Shadow looked out over the horizon, "Well, whether you're coming with me or not... I'm going."

He was so matter-of-fact about it, as if all of this had simply been business and he hadn't made new friends. He seemed rather indifferent of just about everything. He started at a slow walk, heading in the general direction of Tenpony Tower. He activated his pipbuck's radio again, humming a little to the tune. Soon, he had walked a good distance.

Tehengu spared a glance at Shadow as he began to walk off slowly. The merc didn't move at first, looking back at the others for a second.

"You three come along if you want, we appear to be leaving now." He said, turning towards Shadow and taking to the air, quickly catching up to the unicorn before landing and slowing to match the hunter's pace. He walked along in silence, listening to the music Shadow had put on while on the lookout for any trouble.

Tehengu spared a glance at Shadow as he began to walk off slowly. The merc didn't move at first, looking back at the others for a second.

"You three come along if you want, we appear to be leaving now." He said, turning towards Shadow and taking to the air, quickly catching up to the unicorn before landing and slowing to match the hunter's pace. He walked along in silence, listening to the music Shadow had put on while on the lookout for any trouble.

Shadow heard the others, not knowing if all of them had followed, fall in behind him. He kept walking and looked up into the sky. A mutated eagle flew high in the sky, not a care in the world. He eyed it with a hunter's gaze and flung a revolver out in a quickdraw, barely aiming. The eagle came crashing down in front of them.

He walked to the dead bird and looked at it's arm. There was a surveillance camera, which was eyeing him. He had a hunch, but he hadn't been sure that he was being watched.

Shadow mumbled, but loud enough for the others to hear, "I knew it... that ******* is watching me."

He glared at the small camera, "You aren't getting the code... so stop it."

He smashed the small surveillance camera and threw the tiny pieces to the sighed in annoyance.

As he walked, Tehengu's attention was drawn to an eagle flying about overhead. Something about it made him suspicious, and his highly trained eye caught the glint of something metallic on one of the creature's arms. Before he could take care of it, Shadow shot the bird down, and the metallic object turned out to be a camera of sorts. Shadow spoke to whoever was watching on the other side of the feed before destroying the camera and sighing. Code to what? Tehengu decided not to ask about that, as it was obviously something he didn't want getting out.

Shadow looked at the others for a moment, regarding them. He wondered if he'd have to worry about his companions or not. The fact of the matter is, he was carrying some very valuable information that his old boss would love to get a hold of. Once Shadow had realized what it was... well, he has morals. Nothing like that should ever be in anypony's hooves, not even him. Still, the knowledge was forced upon him, so he had to keep it away from his enemies. This had been going on for a about three months. Sometimes it was a camera, sometimes it was a band of thrugs, trained killers, etc...

Shadow got up and sighed, continuing to walk across the Wasteland. This could take a while, and he needed to keep an eye out for the others. They might have been hired.

The earth pony noticed that he didn't get much of a reaction from the Unicorn, but that was alright. In this day of age, he wasn't except warm welcomes from much of anything anymore. As the unicorn walked off and one of the griffons invited them to come along, the earth pony looked back at the other two, figuring they can just as easily make a choice just as he can. With that, he started following behind the griffon that took off already, feeling he was more of a friendly, talkative type; yet he did just meet them, so he had very little idea of their stories.

As they left the town and walked through the wasteland as many now called it, the earth pony slowly increased his speed to catch up with the griffon who's attention seemed momentarily misplaced by a eagle flying overhead, that was till it was shot down by the unicorn. He looked down at the dead bird, yet he showed no sorrow or sadness towards the dead creature. It's life was cut short, yet it seemed for a purpose as the unicorn spoke about some code he didn't want to get out. As the group moved once more, the earth pony stayed beside the griffon. "I noticed we didn't have time to give any introductions, nor does it seem like we'll stop to do so now." He said in a slight monotone voice. "My name is Solfire." He introduced himself to the griffon, yet also loud enough for the unicorn ahead of them to hear. He then went silent and followed onward.

Tehengu began walking again without a word as Shadow started off again. As he walked, he kept on the lookout for trouble, and noticed that the earth pony was walking nearby him. The stallion made a comment about them not introducing themselves earlier, and that they likely wouldn't now. The pony then introduced himself as Solfire.

"Tehengu." He said in response, providing his own name. He was doing a lot of that today, and it was honestly getting on his nerves a little. He didn't let that show though. "The hunter up there is Shadow Fang." He added, indicating the unicorn in question with a wave of his claw.

back in town

chubby watched the 3 ponies walk off he went back to the lone griffon and asked

"not going with them? ha i knew you were smarter than that?"

he walked to the side observing him

"i got a job for you, pays well and it will take a while. but i know a guys like you your not in it for adventure, caps, or fame. your in it for meaning. you need something to do with yourself in this awful place ...and i can give it to you"

Shadow stopped at the crest of a hill and looked out over the horizon. In the distance, they could see some slaver ponies carting some slaves down a dirt road. Shadow took out his rifle and laid down, peering into the scope.

"Not on my watch..." He muttered, gritting his teeth in anger. Slavers were the worst thing on this planet and he killed them whenever he got the chance to. None of the ponies in that cage deserve to be treated that way. There were about ten slaver ponies, all armed with some weak-looking guns. From this distance, Shadow could easily take out most of them before they knew where it was coming from. It'd be way too late for them, then...

As Tehengu crested the same hill Shadow had stopped on, he pulled out his rifle. Even without the scope, he could tell what the unicorn was looking at. Slavers. He didn't like them at all, they took freedom away from ponies who didn't deserve it. He tolerated them as clients, occasionally, but he usually ended up destroying them after the job was done.

Laying down next to Shadow, he peered down his scope, picking out the slavers from the slaves. Shadow had yet to fire, so he decided to take the initiative, lining up a shot on one of the slavers and pulling the trigger. The slaver's head exploded in blood and gore, though Tehengu didn't watch that, as he was already taking his next shot, hitting another slaver in the head.

Slavers. Dear Celestia how Gadget really hated for slavers. Sure, traveling with his friend, Tango (A heavily dressed pony with not one bit of flesh showing), made things all the more bearable to say the least. But he still couldn’t believe why he was always stuck on hire with these fricken Luna forsaken ponies. They had been walking across the equestrian waste land for only a couple of hours. But it already began to feel like days. The Black Talon really had a nasty habit of assigning him and Tango to these guys.

“Hey Tango,” The pony sighed after slowing down his pace to walk along side his companion much to their contractor’s distaste, “Any idea how much longer this is going to go on?”

The masked stallion glanced to Gadget, and tilted his head. “No. Pft, I couldn’t care for this stupid contract either. If it wasn’t for that Griffoness’s loyalty to coin, I would have just left already.”

“Yeah. No foolin,” Gadget groaned. He began to think about what the Slaver’s caravan captain said. Going to go capture some slaves. And return. Sure. The pony had seen some pretty messed up stuff. And he’s still not quite used to it all. Shot some ponies here and there. Ended some lives. Young and old. Even captured some ponies who hoofed another on a deal. He still vomits at the end of the day as images of all the maimed bodies he and his companions left behind. But it was always the slavers that rubbed him the wrong way.

“Oh… if mutiny was even possible with these blasted con-“ Gadget groaned once more. But he stopped short of his sentence with an annoying beeping sound began to pierce his skull. The pony looked down to his pipbuck. And began to smack it with a hoof.

“God… what the heck is that sound this thing makes…” He mumbled to himself. If he had the rest of the components, he’d be able to figure out what it was. But this was the only functioning one he had found in a vault from so long ago. An older model was what the computer banks said. And it’s parts were all out of order.’

“Just toss it already. It’s broken,” Tango laughed.

“It’s not broken! It only happens when something bad is supposed to happen!” The pony exclaimed.

“CAN IT YOU TWO!”

“Excuse me,” Tango asked his head now snapping back to the Caravan Captain.

“You two are the most worthless hires I ever had! All yall have done is bicker to one another the entire trip! WHAT AM I EVEN PAYING YOU FOR?!”

Gadget looked up, with a raised brow. The brown stallion smiled as he raised up a hoof, “Well, if you read the contract. We take your orders. And… I don’t think you’ve issued anything yet.”

Though, now the pony was probably regretting opening his mouth. The larger stallion was soon already on him in rage. He had reared around and charged forward, butting heads against the smaller stallion and sending him hurtling through the dust.

“Sayin I should just kill you then!?”

The pony rolled around, holding his nose with a groan. His friend could only stand and watch. Of course, it wasn’t his fault. If he acted, he’d be executed by their employers.

The pipbuck’s screen quickly flashed yellow after the assault. A caution sign was now visible. But it didn’t stop the other ponies from surrounding him.

“Oh-ho… I wouldn’t push it…” the pony mumbled through his hooves. His eyes now looking to something high in the air. It was a speckle of light. “Turn on the mercenary, and we are allowed to-“

He was cut off once again, as a shrill cry escaped his jaws. One of the ponies surrounding him had bucked his side and sent him rolling on the ground. The caution sign went away and flicked to a red.

“I Don’t give a buck! I might as well go ahead and kill you two and take my money back.“

And with that, the slaver reared back onto his high hooves, exposing the heavy and demented looking metal shoes he wore. He was preparing to crush the smaller stallion’s head where he lay. But then, there was a loud crack. The slaver quickly whirled his head around to look behind himself. But he probably wasn’t able to see anything by the time his head had exploded into gore.

Tango’s head recoiled in shock as his goggles were splattered. The other slaver’s quickly pulled away from the pony and began to scream out a list of profanities.

Even the stallion on the ground stared in shock. “Uh… well…” he began, his head now searching the horizon for the culprit of the shot. “Deus ex Machina…”

“Gadget get a move on,” Tango yelled just before dipping his head down to grasp a 10mm smg from his bag and open fired on a nearby slaver.

The second shot pulled Gadget out of his daze. Once more, red flew up into the air and he was already back up on his hooves. His movements were swift. It started off with what looked like a skip, then a quick rolling dive after the initial landing to take cover behind a nearby cart. “Oh Luna right! Contract’s over gents!”

From where he sat, he dialed something on his pipbuck, and poked his head out from behind cover. His eyes spotted a lense flare of a scope along the horizon and quickly pulled back. He dialed in the coordinates on his pipbuck, and pulled out his own smg from his bag as well. He poked his head out, and quickly pulled back when a spray of bullets peppered the side of the cart.

Instead of risking it again, the pony ducked down, and fired a pulse of bullets once from underneath the cart. It caught one of the scrambling slavers by the hoof, and dropped him to the ground. One more pulse was all that was needed to finish him.

Tehengu noticed a couple of stallions were fighting the slavers as well, so he kept them out of his line of fire, taking out another slaver a second later. It seemed he had saved one of those two, as the first slaver he had killed had been bearing down on the lighter-armored stallion. He pushed that out of his mind for the moment, his military training telling him to focus solely on his shots, two more coming in quick succession, one hitting a wounded slaver, and the next taking out the slaver that had come to drag the injured one out of the way. Both of their lives ended, but he didn't think about it, simply lining up his next shot. Before he fired again, he ejected the empty clip and slammed another one in in a matter of moments, reloading before firing again with deadly precision.

If tenhgun was paying attention to his surroundings he would be hearing a rather odd sound. Though it would be incredibly difficult to pick up over the raging gun fire. In fact it would be easier to spot with ones eyes than it’s sound. High in the sky, was a turret drone. Created of parts from flying radios and salvage arcane turrets. It’s design bore resemblance to a backwards flying dragonfly. With it’s rear being the end of a turret’s gun. It was flaring brightly with arcane radiation, before a firing off a beam of energy down onto the sniper. However, it was still pretty likely I would miss. Normally off by a few feet from such a great distance. But, it’s creator figured if the blast didn’t kill anypony. It sure would scare them half way to death.

Gadget’s Pipbuck beeped loudly, signaling that the turret had locked onto it’s target and began to engage. Sure, it may have been reckless to fire first and ask questions later. But he’d rather be safe than sorry. He wouldn’t want a bullet to go into his or his comrade’s brain from letting a raider be their savior.

For now, he just allowed the turret to handle that one as he quickly weaved out from behind cover. Scrambling into a dive as bullets wizzed over head, and rolled behind a rock to join his friend.

“Uh. Yeah so Tango,” The pony panted around his gun as he poked his head out to take a look at the still living raiders. They were now moving to surround them. Great. Don’t focus on the snipers. Focus on the two guys who were passive till now.

“What!?”

“So… remember that thing we were talking about?”

“What!? Of all the places you are bringing this up now!?”

“Well… yeah, felt that this would be a good time to discuss it…” Gadget hummed as he sprayed his smg out at an oncoming raider, forcing him to take cover once more.

“I think Gawd.”

“… really?”

“Yeah, she’s hot man.”

Gadget could feel Tango’s gaze through his tinted goggles. It was that kind of gaze you get when you supply a stupid answer to an incredibly easy answer. But instead of adding a reply to his friend, Gadget bumped his side against his friend’s and rose up, taking aim with his smg. And the other mercenary followed in verbatim.

Gadget’s tongue rasped over a switch on the side of the gun, switching it’s fire mode from auto, to single fire. One slaver rose up to his hooves, and the stallion put one just between his eyes before whirling to the next one. The next slaver found a bullet going through his neck after Gadget received a glancing blow from his side.

Once he was sure his side was done, the pony spun around and placed a hoof on his friend’s back, signaling him to lower down. Tango usually being a better shot than Gadget as well as a faster eye, his side would have been finished by now. But strangely it wasn’t.

The ponies pouring out from the cart would be the reason why. Some of the slaver’s who had been taking cover, realized that the conflict wasn’t resolved and came out to play.

Tehengu stared down the scope as he picked out his next target. Usually, he would've found another pearch to shoot from by now, but these slavers were completely focused on the two ponies behind the cart. His ears twitched as a faint humming came to his attention. He looked at the source of the noise to see a floating turret of sorts. As the beam fired, he rolled out of the way, the shot striking a few inches away from where he had been before. The shot had missed, but better safe than sorry. Bracing his rifle with his back paws, he took aim and fired at the drone, hitting it's method of flying and causing it to crash into the ground, barrel first. It had managed to get off another shot before he disabled it, but it hadn't done much with his armor in the way. He got up, pulled out his sword in one claw while carrying his rifle in the other, and put the turret out of commission with a powerful blow from his sword. Now that that was taken care of, he sheathed his sword before moving to a new vantage point and peering through the scope again. He had never seen slavers use tech like that before. More than likely, he'd have to have words with his new allies, assuming they survived. Pushing that out of his mind again, he lined up another shot, ending another slaver's life.

Solfire nodded when the griffon introduced himself as Tehengu; a very interesting name that he wanted to ask if it meant anything. When the griffon introduced Shadow Fang, the unicorn ahead of them, he looked forward and then nodded again. So, this was the group he was going to be traveling with now, huh? He hoped that they would live long enough to meet their demons and live out their life goals; whatever it may be.

As the two perched on the edge of the hill, Sol came up as well and saw the fiasco going on below; slavers and traders hauling away some unfortunate souls, no doubt to become sold to the rich and greedy. Sol looked over at Tehengu and Shadow got ready with their guns; perhaps this wasn't right, perhaps ponies should not be treating other ponies this way, and try to rebuild this land. However, in this new forsaken land, it was now kill or be killed, trust no one, and survival of the fittest. If you failed in those categories, bad things were bound to happen, sometimes worst than death.

That was when the first shot rang off and straight to the slavers. Sol slightly raised an eyebrow as the slavers looked around like chickens with their head's cut off, or more like blown off. Another shot went out and another slaver went down. It was then that two more ponies joined the cause and attacked the party of slavers, obviously going to try and save the new slaves. Everyone's hearts were in the right place for the most part, but could this have ended any other way. Perhaps they could of tried to talk them out of it and everyone would of just went home and forgot all of this. Of course it couldn't of; this at one point of another was inevitable.

It was when more slavers showed up that even Solfire was getting fed up with all of this and jumped down from the ledge of the hill, barreling down towards the slavers and the other two ponies that were fighting them off. It took no time for him to close the distance. Some of the slavers caught a glance of Sol and stopped, turned and got ready for the confrontation. However, Sol wasn't about to give them a chance to do much as he pulled his flamer around front and began hosing down a few slavers that were now just a foot or two away with fire, instantly engulfing them.

Most of the other slavers that were close by froze up in fear at first, then turned and ran away. At this point, the fire that spewed out of the nozzle of his flamer was the same fire he now felt in his heart. The others were right, even if they didn't say anything. This wasn't right, and those ponies were scum for being this way! So what if it was for some caps, or whatever their motive was, there was just no good reason for it all. However, Sol kept his feelings down and recomposed himself as he turned towards the cages and began to release the slaves as the coast became clear. As he moved around to the next cage, he noticed the two ponies seemed to be actually working together, as if it wasn't obvious from before. Still, partnerships like this one was rather rare. "You two, are you just passing by, or where you two planning this attack?" He asked in his monotone voice. He wondered what their reasoning was, and awaited for an answer of any kind.

The pipbuck on the pony's fore leg let out a long monotonous beep when the flying turret had been disconnected, signaling it's unfortunate demise. This saddened the pony, but he continued to fight regardless. After all, slavers with guns were probably a life threatening condition. Especially if you are a mercenary who's contract just expired. And both Gadget, and Tango were doing their best to keep their accuracy true. But through the commotion and different levels of skill between all the slavers. Some of the innocent ponies had actually been nailed in the cross fire through the cage. Either by a slaver moving out of the way at the last second, a ricocheted round, tearing through a slaver, or simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The two of them remained stationary, one lower to the ground, while the other fired over his partner's head onto the slavers. When the bulk of the numbers finally dwindled to something more manageable, they would finally break their formation and push forward. Both of them taking completely different paths, but still keeping each other in sight. Gadget glanced down to his body, wincing as he saw several more bullets firmly planted into his side. Two of which had actually bypassed his armor completely. Oh how he was going to bucking complain to Gawd for a raise after this mess. Sure, whipping out a group of slaver's was not part of the deal. But she didn't necessarily have a good history with the lot either.

Gadget peaked out from behind cover once more, and blinked as he saw flames engulf the fleeing slavers. Well, that takes care of the last ones. Though a bit reckless as the flames were now starting to spread out of control and engulf some of the cages filled with the slaves as well. His partner already had a bead on the pony wielding the flamer, and was already beginning to pull the trigger. Till he heard an unusual question.

Both ponies lowered their guns momentarily and glanced to each other. Gadget’s eyes being the only visible sign of confusions and doubt. While Tango’s entire face was, naturally, covered. Leaving him of indescribable impassiveness.

Gadget’s eyes went over the screaming ponies in the cages as the fires ate them alive, and then to the dead slavers on the ground.

Tango was the first to speak up. But only after glancing down to is own armor. Which was clearly colored black and marked with the Black Talon’s insignia, then back to Gadget, who wore the same armor. “Uh… well I wouldn’t really call you much of a saint either if you didn’t care for where your…. Well fire, landed. No pun intended.”

Both Gadget and Tango made sure to keep their distance, and stay hidden in cover. Though with the sniper of undiscernible relations watching over them, their choices had been limited to a pitiful selection.

Gadget had reached up to one of his saddle bags, and pulled out what looked like a folded up gun. Similar to the flying turret to some degree. Only this one had the gun barrel of a regular kinetic turret, and was armored more heavily. It also lacked the jets that the flying one had.

“Black Talon. First part of the attack. Now the tenant is dead, our contract is over. Hold that over us, your choice of course Mr. Hero. But the consequence is yours.”

After a couple more shots, Tehengu moved again, setting up in another position. By the time he was set up though, Solfire was hosing down the remaining slavers with his flamer. Well that was taken care of, but now the slaves were burning too. That's a pity, Tehengu was hoping to release them. He moved his aim so he could watch Solfire and the other two ponies, who bore the mark of the Black Talons. He stowed his rifle as he got up and flew down to the two mercenaries.

"I see you two are fellow mercenaries." He said simply as he landed and looked at the one holding something that looked similar to the turret that had attacked him. His eye narrowed towards that one, but he decided to let that go for the moment. "I take it you two were on a job here?"

Once again, it was Tango that spoke up. Now rising from his cover seeing it was now useless with a pony on either side of him. His head shifting between the two of them to size up their skills. And who he should aim for first if things go south. “Yeah. Something like that. Key word is was. The contract’s over, so we’re shovin off for home.”

Gadget on the other hand dropped his gun from his maw and slid to the ground to cringe in pain. The adrenaline from the fight was now beginning to wear off, and the burning pain all rushed onto him at once. Geeze, he had been shot up more than he thought. His eyes dipped down to examine his own body again as he gritted his teeth. Most of the rounds had only grazed him, or landed glancing blows, and got stuck in the armor. But, two of them did manage to dig in deep into his hind leg.

“Bullets…. Do they hurt? Yes they do,” he mumbled to himself. He had every instinct screaming at him to bandage it now, but that would mean he’d have to lower his guard if these two ponies turned on them too. They could possibly shoot them now just to be safe, but that would be a waste of ammo, and probably bring on some nasty rep.

But then the injured brown stallion noticed his broken turret, and his heart practically broke. He pointed a hoof at it as a look of sorrow came over his expression.

“Th-they broke my turret…”

“Come on now, Gadget… don’t start.”

The broken turret twitched just slightly as it discovered a spark of battery energy, and let out a low pitched beep.

“It’s my turret…”

“Gadget,” Tango growled in annoyance.

“I loved my turret…”

“NOT NOW!”

“No forget you! You don’t know how long it took to make that thing.”

The turret beeped once more, and shot out a few sparks from it’s barrel’s exausght.

The masked pony let out a long whistle and shook his head. “Forgive my friend here. He’s… a bit attached to his toys. We take orders from Gawd back in Dodge Station. If you know her nature. Once a contract is made, you don’t have a choice in defaulting.”

Tehengu watched the two closely as the more armored one spoke about how the contract was over and that they would be leaving for their home. Interesting. The other pony was obviously injured, but there wasn't really anything he could do to help. Besides, as far as he could tell, none of the wounds were serious. The brown stallion pointed towards the turret Tehengu had destroyed. He looked at the turret for a second before looking back at the two mercs. That stallion was obviously distraught by the turret's destruction. The masked stallion spoke up, apologizing for the other stallion before saying they took orders from Gawd.

"Yeah, I know her. Been a while since I've seen her." He said to the masked one before turning to the other. "Sorry about your turret, but what did you expect when you sent it to attack me?"

“Well, I wasn’t sure if it would actually kill you. You were doing more than enough damage, that I figured you’d be able to escape,” Gadget confessed, his hoof now moving to his saddle bag to pull a magic bandage and a knife. Oh… how he always hated doing this to himself.

“I mean, usually, anyone who sees Pulsar doesn’t bother with engaging. And the ones who do usually miss because it’s to fast.” The pony then looked down to it. “It’s supposed to strafe in random directions when it’s being targeted. But it didn’t… I wonder…..” The pony trailed off for a moment. His eyes distantly looking to the turret, before glancing down to the pipboy on his arm.

“OH! OF COURSE! Short range radio,” the pony exclaimed and almost immediately, he was up on his hooves and hobbled to the broken turret. Without much of a care, he snatched it from the other mercenaries grip and dropped it to the ground. A few seconds later, he had it open with a screw driver in his maw.

“PING! PING! That’s what it was! The ping! The radio frequency was designed to send more instructions at a closer range! The closer the better! I forgot to set it to long range! Sure, it would be slightly slower and an easier target, But no where NEAR as easy as it was! Buck me with Luna’s forehooves. How could I forget about that!”

Tango stepped forward, and motioned for Tenghu to step to the side by nodding his head. His friend was already going nuts now. Ripping out this, tearing out that, and throwing parts here and there.

“WITH THE MOON! Why is there a fricken stab through it!? WHO STABBED YOU,” Gadget screamed out in anguish. It was almost a cry as he turned the hole around and found that it’s magic battery supply had been damaged. “Y-you stabbed Pulsar!? Why! If you did more than just graze the battery it would have vaporized everything on that hill! I can't even find batteries like this anywhere else in the wasteland! Where can you find ominously glowing blue batteries! NO WHERE! LITERALLY NO WHERE! Because no pony can get to buckin no where!” The pony was back at it again, doing his best to repair it with what ever parts he was carrying. And surprisingly it was a lot.

Tango sighed and slowly raised a hoof up to his muzzle. “Yyyyyyeaaah. Just take a few more steps away from him. An-nd yep. There he goes. Don’t worry. He’ll probably stop when he gets dizzy from blood lost, or loss of air. Or... he'll cry himself to sleep. I don't know. He’s Gadget, Black Talon’s personal tech pony. And I am Tango, jokingly called Commando Tango, or Cloaker.”

(Sorry if dialogue is confusing. I can't change the colors of the text to easily on a tablet. So I'll have to wait to do it on my desktop))

Archived