Babs Seed?

I'm sorry if i'm asking a question that's already been asked on here before but why wasn't Babs Seed in the episode Rarity Takes Manehattan, she could've had a cameo or maybe even be mentioned by Applejack but none of these things happened which I find weird especially considering it was stated in Season 3 that she lives there?

They probably could have put a cameo in somewhere.

Doesn't really surprise me that she wouldn't be focused on heavily though as she doesn't really have anything to do with the core point of the episode. Also, it's Apple Bloom and not Applejack who has the especially close relationship with her and is in the same age group, and Apple Bloom of course was not in that episode.

• 1 month later...

Might have to do with the fact that Manehattan is absolutely freakin' HUGE. As Babs, I wouldn't be surprised if Applejack visited the city and didn't have the time to stop by, take it from me who actually lives there and have frequent experiences with family passing through and not stopping by to say hello.

This episode was focused mainly on a different cultural aspect of Manehattan as the setting. Including Babs Seed, while it would have been harmless, would not really add to the plot and would seem a bit out of place at least considering the focus on the glamor of Fashion Week rather than the grit of Babs' neighborhood.

Might have to do with the fact that Manehattan is absolutely freakin' HUGE. As Babs, I wouldn't be surprised if Applejack visited the city and didn't have the time to stop by, take it from me who actually lives there and have frequent experiences with family passing through and not stopping by to say hello.

This episode was focused mainly on a different cultural aspect of Manehattan as the setting. Including Babs Seed, while it would have been harmless, would not really add to the plot and would seem a bit out of place at least considering the focus on the glamor of Fashion Week rather than the grit of Babs' neighborhood.

That actually makes a lot of sense now that you put it that way.

Unless the town is incredibly small, which even Ponyville is pretty fricken big, don't always expect a character to show up as a cameo. You are more likely to run into unnamed Copy and Pastes, or Time turner (given his shape is the most widely used) clones, than a unique named.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hasbro.

Alternatively, Babs was out fighting space crime with her sidekick, Huffy the Magic Dragon, as mentioned in Over a Barrel.

Or, you know, she was inside or in another part of the city.

Or out of town.

Or sick.

Or at school.

Or a lot of things.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived