Solfire [Ready]

Solfire

Name: Solfire ((Aka: Sunburst))

Species: Earth Pony

Eye colour: Orange

Character colour: Cream White

Mane/Tail/Other: Streaks of orange and red, layered one over the next

Physique: Fairly tall for his age among other ponies. He has slender legs to allow him to maneuver quick and easily.

Residence: A small home in Manehattan

Cutie Mark: A Sun Compass An orange ball with a red ring around it, and what seems to be strands of flames coming from all sides of the ball

Cutie Mark Story: When Sol and his father made their first merchant run together, his father had decided to take him to one of the furthest trade stables he had ever gone to; the one in Las Pegasus. They first made the trip by train, heading all the way to Dodge Junction before getting off and trekking the rest of the way by hoof. As they walked, Sol looked around, taking in the environment and remembering how the landscape looked, and where the sun was positioned. The sun was the key for him to remember important things.

Making the trip back home from Las Pegasus, a nasty sand storm kicked up and threw Sol and his father off course, completely destroying the cart. When the storm ended and everything settled, his father panicked at the realization that they were lost, and so where the maps Solfire's father had brought. Without the need of instructions, Sol looked up at the sky, looking at the direction the sun was and remember what he needed to look for from earlier that day. He than began walking, while his father noticed and curiously followed behind. When asked by his father where he was leading them, Sol replied, "The sun is guiding me." In no time, Sol and his father ended up in the grassier part of Saddleveil Plains. Once they were back on the path they had originally took to go to Las Pegasus, his father was overcoming with happiness and proudness; and thus the mark of the sun compass was realized.

Unique Traits: The ability to keep a memorized map within his head with no actual map or any kinds of tracers. The only thing is he has to of been there and back to his original location by walking/taking a chariot/other means of transportation with some kind written instructions or map the first time; for he is very bad at following just verbal instructions (for this case in matter). When asked how this is possible, he replies 'I follow Sol.'

Special Talent: The ability to keep a detailed memory of the terrain that he has already traveled with no assistance of a map or tracers. Uses the sun as a 'compass'.

History: Solfire was born in the biggest merchant mecca city, Roam, with a family that wasn't rich, but wasn't poor either thanks to his father's job of being a traveling merchant. When Sol became of age, his father decided to take him along with his travels, despite his mother's slight worry about this decision. After reassuring her that everything would be already and his mother finally agreeing; both Sol and his father set out with a wooden carriage filled with many different odds and ends. His father believed that you could never be too prepared.

Upon setting out and traversing the land, they went to many different towns while his father taught him how to keep track where they have been so that they could travel to and from new places, since just telling him how to proved to be rather useless.

It wasn't until the trip coming back from Las Pegasus that they stopped at the Dodge Junction for the night. Sol was more than thankful his father wasn't going to make them walk through the night, since this was the first time he had every traveled out this far, and he didn't want to get lost out here. The next day, they had set back out to close the distance as much as they could, but before they could even leave the desert completely, a bad dust storm kicked up and battered them, destroying the cart and throwing them off the trail. Once it was all over, the two made sure each other was okay before looking at their new surroundings. They were still within the desert, but neither knew exactly where now.

His father panicked, unsure how long it would take before they got back on the right path; and being out in this desert for too long wasn't a good idea, especially for Solfire. It was then that Sol looked up at the sky and noticed something. The sun was in a different position than just a few minutes ago when the storm started up. He moved around until the sun was in the same spot overhead and using it as a compass, then started moving straight. His father, still a little worried, trusted his judgment and followed quickly beside him. In no time, they were out of the desert, and onto the traveled path once more.

His father was greatly amazed by this; never before had he seen another pony use the sun as a compass in a situation like that! Proud was the only word that made to mind. For Sol though, a weird feeling came to the lower side of his body, more so on the side of his flank. A quick inspection, and there it was.

"Looks like we'll have something to show your mother once we get home." Sol remembered his father saying as they continued the walk all the way back home.

---

Years later, and Sol finally decided to do the merchant business all on his own; taking everything he learned from his father. He traveled out and made many runs, all the way from Canterlot and Ponyville, to Rockwington, and everywhere between. He wanted to be able to get as much bits as he could, not just for himself, but for his family and to even help further Roam's ever large economy. Time and time again, he feared that if he tried to go somewhere he didn't remember his father taking him, he would get lost; but when he felt like that, he would look up at the sun and remember everything, from where he's been to what he was taught.

Eventually, he decided to seek out a place of his own; and a small abode in Manehattan became just that.

Character Summary/Personality: Solfire is mostly seen as a happy, go lucky kind of pony who sees the bright side of everything. When faced with issues, he does his best to come up with a solution that best fits for everyone. Friendly and kind, there is never a moment when he judges someone poorly before getting to know them, and even then he'll beam a radiant smile to try and change their minds, or cheer them up.

Sol can also follow instructions very well, unless their directions that are only verbally given to him. He'll do his best to follow them if he sees there's no other way to get those instructions written down or anything, and since he doesn't carry a map; which amazes most others since he travels a lot, he has to try and decipher the instructions in his mind while looking for the clues or landmarks that were told to him. Even in a small area with not much around; unless the objective is massive in size, he'll miss it. Luckily he'll remember how he got to that spot and trek back to see if there is another way to get those instructions, or if someone else could show him.

Considerate, kind, friendly, patient, and many other words like those have all been used to describe Solfire and his attitude.

He does have one dominating fear; darkness, more so nighttime. At times, Sol has an overactive imagination, and it only gets worst at night. Things he thinks are there, noises intensify and become something it wasn't in his mind, and strange movement that he sees all become a hazard for him, which is why if he doesn't have to travel at night, he won't.

Thank you RainbowDaringDash for the early review.

I didn't have the time to completely finish this when I started it, though I plan on finishing it tonight; at least majority if not all.

Thank you for the compliment as well RDD. :)

Wow, u did work on this alot.

Again, i can only offer the same advice

A CM story and a special talent, both in there own area on the app. Other then that i cant suggest anythign.Edit: I see the CM story but i think the RPH prefer it when its seperate from the history, i think, thats there call.And whats his talent? U should specify that

Okay, I see what you're saying! I'll go ahead and add in the section when I get the time to do it.

I'll also see about re-writing the unique trait part if it is not easily showing what makes him stand out.

Thanks again RDD! :)

Well, I figured that I would just summarize what was already stated in the History; but perhaps I could maybe give a little more back story.

That will be a task for later today, for I must sleep after posting in the rp.

I will leave this in ready for now, if that's okay, and see if more suggestions come in.

Hi there!

I can see that RDD has given you very good advice on this app, and you've applied those great suggestions!

Wonderful! This app is much improved, all of the required fields are filled and it's very well written and organized.

Just one very minor thing, in the Age field, please change it from 'Teen' to 'Colt' and this app will be ready for further evaluation.

We like keeping to pony-related terminology when we can, thus the 'Colt' label instead of 'Teen.'

Excellent work!

:D:D:D

Thank you for your insight, Mojo! This is going to be exciting. :)

As for the age situation, would older colt be the correct term to use? He is no longer a foal, but he's not in the stallion age yet.

On top of that, I'm going to make the CM story stretch out a little more along with the age change, then I'll be completely done with this application.

I'm so excited!

Archived