OC limit Question(again)

I was wondering two things that yet again relate to OC creation

1. Is a pegasus able to have Ninja like talents/ abilitys? As in, dissapearing into the night, and all that other stuff

2. Is the name 'Moonshadow' for a OC name taken?

1. Depends on the extent of it. It's fine if they're good at being stealth. If it's for CC, we could probably even allow them to have martial arts skill and skill with ninja-like weapons and tools. Anything resembling magic (i.e. literally being able to disappear on command or using any kind of anime style ninja magic) is probably going to be a no for a pegasus character though. A lot of it will likely depend on how it is described in the application.
  2. No, it doesn't appear to be.

1. It depends on the ninja in question. Cinematic/TV where they are based on Kabuki theater ninja? Probably so, as that is knowing your surroundings and blending into it. Real ninja, even more so. Real ninja bend into their environment using disguise. If they were on a farm, they would look like a farmer. In an estate, a servant... and so forth. But if you are going the way of Naruto or the like, no... That is too far fetched and involves magic, which a pegasus would not have. Remember being good at stealth has to do with creativity just as much as ability.

2. It doesn't appear so :)

No, im talking more Shinobi style, the one from the Gray order. They were masters of stealth, and although they couldnt disapear on sight, they could vanish intoo shadows with ease.

And something else i would like to ask. As im basing this char off a Shinobi in a book im reading, he has the Old contry science of beast sight, he can see through a animals eyes using Chi. Is that allowable for a pegasus?

No, im talking more Shinobi style, the one from the Gray order. They were masters of stealth, and although they couldnt disapear on sight, they could vanish intoo shadows with ease.

And something else i would like to ask. As im basing this char off a Shinobi in a book im reading, he has the Old contry science of beast sight, he can see through a animals eyes using Chi. Is that allowable for a pegasus?

Nope

So... you are talking about the former of my two examples... the stereotypical kabuki style ninja that used shadows. Right. Those are the only two that would fit into our game. And seeing as shinobi = ninja, I don't really see the point you are driving at, and why the negative answer in response to my query. Real ninja did not blend into shadows, they blended into their environment, no matter what that meant. That said, I have no idea what you mean by "grey order." I used to study ninja history and lore, and one of my friends studied ninjutsu under one of the few existing grandmasters who lived in america decended from the Iga clan.

As for the second query, I'd perhaps allow that in CC, but not in WoE. But it would greatly depend on how it is presented.

Sorry for seeming a bit, negative their, didnt mean to

Yeah, Ninja's(shinobi) Blend into the crowds, though the darkness was also their best weapon. They can hide in plain sight, and vanish into the shadows if need be.

And the Gray Light Order were the Shoguns secret service.

And yeah, i know that it wouldnt be allowed in WoE, im actually surprised it is in CC, though im not goign to complain. Thanks for answering these, yet again. I appreciate it :)

Sorry for seeming a bit, negative their, didnt mean to

Yeah, Ninja's(shinobi) Blend into the crowds, though the darkness was also their best weapon. They can hide in plain sight, and vanish into the shadows if need be.

And the Gray Light Order were the Shoguns secret service.

And yeah, i know that it wouldnt be allowed in WoE, im actually surprised it is in CC, though im not goign to complain. Thanks for answering these, yet again. I appreciate it :)

You do realize that is a fictional sect, right? And again, I'm not sure if it would be allowed. It is something I could see being allowable if presented in the right way.

Whops :razz: I knew that it was fictional text, though i thought that it all was based off actual history with just added details, and so it seems the gray light didnt exist. We all learn somethign new every day.

Archived