The Grand Opening of The Diamond Willow Cafe (OPEN)

SilverSwirl

Sunrise Wisp, dressed in a suit, checked and double checked the schedule. In the predawn hours of the opening day, she had to make sure everything was in order. Having already checked the financial records, there was only another round of checking the inventory. Her snout was buried in the books, squinting at the paper in the candlelight. "Okay, we can run for a good six months if no one comes...", she muttered up herself, her wings fluttering. At this time, she heard the jingle of the front door being opened.

Rising from her seat, the green coated mare chuckled. Leaving the office, she entered the main area through the kitchens. As she turned the corner, her smile became a mortified look. "Silver! What is the matter with you?! Wearing the mare maids uniform!", she cried in horror. But upon closer inspection of her son, she could find no fault with the fit. It still unnerved her, but the only reason she knew he was male was because it was her own son. She just sighed and laughed to herself as she thought of all the stallion attention he'd be getting. He'd quit wearing it soon enough and switch to the butler uniform.

"I'm wearing it as a form of self expression, Mom! Besides, they'd be hard pressed to figure out I wasn't a filly!", Silverbolt retorted with a sly grin. His cobalt frame had been dolled up just right, his mane styled and just the right amount of makeup had been expertly applied. It would definitely take a lot of inspecting to discover the truth. As his own mother retreated into the offices, he hummed to himself as he got to work. He busied himself with dusting and mopping the floors. He ground up coffee beans, laid out the tea leaves and got the water on to boil. Of course this took time and the sun was just now beginning to peek over the horizon. It was almost time for the other employees to arrive and help him serve what was probably going to be a crowd of eager ponies.

The train ride from Canterlot was rather long, and likely not worth the bits he would be paid for the night. But the engineering stallion, Java, didn't quite mind. He didn't have all of these extra jobs because he was hurting for bits. But rather he was bored. The kind of boredom you get when you don't have anything else to do with your free time, especially when you do not sleep for days on end. Not that his lack of sleep ever showed mentally, physically, or by temperance.

The brown coated stallion stepped up to the Cafe, with his usual dress, an immaculate black waist coat. He also had a pair of safety goggles hanging around his neck, and a tie around the collar of his undershirt, and hidden behind his waistcoat. But, there was a slight variation to his appearance. His mane had been cut short now, but still retained it's unkempt and mad scientist like nature. But, at least it was more akin to a handsome gentlepony mad scientist, than a full blown one. He also managed to find a way to make his characteristic coffee scent unnoticeable by the effects of many different shampoos.

Java made one final effort to smooth out any wrinkles in his waistcoat before sauntering inside the shop with a sauve swagger. The stallion had a pleasant smile on his muzzle as he allowed his eyes to dance around his new place of employment.

“Hello,” his voice rang out with a lilting hum. His gaze now shifting over the many different tables to get a better feel of the cafe's layout. “Is the mistress, or master of this establishment present? I believe I am ready to begin. My name is JavaSun, and I am pleased to be working with you today~”

Caramel trotted to the destination she was really excited to go to. She had visited this place a couple of days ago. Meh. She was used to travelling anyway. Besides, she needed a break from all the baking business. And what better way to take a wee break, than hopping into a new job! It's in a cafe too! She cheered to herself happily as she thought of all the fun times she'll have!

She also got a new uniform! Oh joy! if she says so herself, she looks adorable in it! She placed her messy mane into pigtails and fixed her tail with a little bow. Though some strands tend to come out of her pigtailed mane, she thinks it just improves her 'cafe maid' look. She glanced at it and soften up some noticeable wrinkles and barged into the cafe.

"Hey the- whoaa!!" She said out as she hit a chair.

Wow, that was quite an entrance. What? She's clumsy! She cant help that! She did a nervous chuckle and placed the chair into place. After so, she glanced around the room and felt that sting of excitement again.

"When do we get to start??" she happily asked to actually anypony that can answer.

"I don't look bad at all" Eclipse said as she twirled around in her uniform. "I actually like this new look" She smiled, flipping her mane to one side of her neck.She took off her uniform and put it in her bag. "I wonder what my friends would think of me if they saw me wearing a maid uniform, it's not me at all" she said as she head out to the cafe.

Eclipse stood outside, looked at the place and blinked. "Maid cafe...I never thought i would work at this place" She said as she looked at the flowers and frills that yelled out 'Moe moe' (It just means cute in japanese). She shook of her thoughts as she walked in to see ponies there already. "Hello, I'm Eclipse. You must be starting working here too?" she asked as she looked around, this was definitely not her style but she was open to try new things. She looked at the inside and it was really impressive, the tables and the windows looked amazing.

Sunrise Wisp twitched an ear at the sound of the door opening multiple times. She grimaced as Silverbolt didn't greet them immediately and got up once again from her desk. Trotting out, she was ready to give him a stern talking to when she saw why. Her grimace became a warm and inviting smile as she noticed that the rest of her current staff arrived. "Thank you for showing up on time: Java, Eclipse, and Caramel. I'm Sunrise Wisp, your boss. This here is my son, Silverbolt. He's wearing the fillies uniform as a joke. Which I hope he will grow out of...", she said in introduction, ribbing her cobalt coated son with her foreleg. She trotted up to each of them and shook hooves before turning the sign over from closed to open.

As she left the serving area, she had to ponder about her staffing. "So many Pegasi... Wish I had a little more diversity... Oh well if business is good I can hire more or become a chain...", she muttered as she once more sat in her desk. As she sat there, her mind wandered to her temporarily closed dental practice. This would be the second time in her career she had closed up shop, but this time it was only temporary. She'd go back to fixing teeth once this place was all settled into some semblance of routine.

Back in the cafe area, Silverbolt giggled as Caramel bumped the chair. She'd definitely liven the place up with her clumsiness. However, he hoped she wouldn't spill anything hot on a guest! He smiled softly at the assembled ponies, swishing his tail slowly. "Welcome to The Diamond Willow. As my mother said, I'm Silverbolt. I'm the manager and quartermaster of this cafe. I'll still be serving ponies but I may have to leave to pick up supplies and the like. When I'm not here, remember that our guests are our number one priority. I know it's common sense but it needed to be said. Since today is the opening day, each of you will likely be flitting around a lot. Breaks are encouraged here, but I'll be timing them. Every two to three hours you'll get a 15 minute break. It depends on how fast or slow the day is. But enough about that, just do your best! It's a pleasure to meet you: Java, Caramel, and Eclipse. I especially like that hair, Java. And you fillies really know how to make that uniform work! Together, we'll be unstoppable!", he started off serious, but his usual hyper demeanor began to show through in the end as he started to gush with compliments to his coworkers. He then gestured to the registers and kitchens briefly. "Let's get into positions! Caramel, I'll have you on kitchen duty for now to get everything prepared. Eclipse and Java, situate yourselves amongst the tables. I'll be at the register for now, making some last minute counts. A reminder to Caramel, if things get super busy, you may have to pitch in and help serve! If that happens, give a shout to Sunrise Wisp. She'll come out of the office and take over the food preparations.", he added as he turned away from them. He swayed his hips a little as he danced to the registers, a huge smile on his face.

As if on que with the day ready to be set, the door of the café door opened and in stepped the first customer, or customers of the day. It was a pair of griffons. One was a small little griffonness with a large purple bow upon her head, and a gitty look on her face as she hopped up and down.

The other was a short griffon, bigger then the little griffonness, but about a head or half so shorter then a pony. Was he a teenager? Or a just a short adult? His navy blue feathers certainly stood out, as did his heterochromic eyes.

"Never seen this place before. Okay if we grab something here?" Razor asked as he looked down at his sister.

"Yeah!" Glimmer said as she hopped over to a table and sat down, "It looks new, and newly open places always are fun. Plus you get treated extra special, its a known fact." Glimmer giggled as she started looking around, moving around in the booth seat of the table.

Razor sighed and shook his head, "How can you be this hyper? You're practically like Pinkie Pie almost."

"Well duh. She and I talked a lot, and Pinkie is fun. She is my favorite pony role model!" Glimmer cheered with a giggle.

'I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.' Razor thought as he sat on the other end of the table.

He hoped this place had fish or something. And he hoped they didn't advertise their desserts openly on their menu. Otherwise he would have no choice but to buy his sister the biggest piece of sugary substance. He never could refuse her something when she wanted it.

Java kept his smile as he turned to look to the group that came in. When the mare had tripped on her entrance, the stallion quickly moved to catch her if she fell. But stopped half way when he noticed she remained standing. The pony raised an eye brown in concern, but decided to not press matters any further. After all, she looked like she was ok. For now anyways. He continued to watch as other employees flowed in. Though one was kind enough to greet everyone as she came in. “Yes I do believe so~,” The pony began, now spinning on his hooves to face Eclipse, and provide her a polite bow. “Call me Java if you will! That seems to be the common nick-name I receive!”

The pony then turned to watch as the two owners of the establishment came in. A curious raise of the brow was given to the “mare” dressed in a maids outfit that followed the other in. The stallion studied her for a moment. His eyes sifting over her features, before finally smiling. Being a still active engineer at a respectable establishment, one of the things that the stallion really prided himself over was his ability of observation. This particular mare nearly had the stallion fooled like the one other whom had, but with some effort, he identified this mare to actually be a stallion. A cute one at that.

Java listened carefully to the instructions, but… there really wasn’t much to listen too. Perhaps they were expected to be professionals? Well, that wasn’t much of a problem! Java had been forced into taking etiquette classes while he was only a foal, not that he could actually care for them. Then and now. But when he was given a compliment, the stallion gave Silverbolt a wink, with a charismatic grin. There was really no secret behind his hair. He had just woke up one morning , grew tired of his long mane. Cut it with a knife, and walked out the door. Not a single brush or comb was touched.

“Thank you sir, and might I add that you look…” The stallion trailed off for a moment. This was something always ruined his demeanor. The stallion was actually quite shy when it came to giving out the most sincere compliments, or requesting dates. In fact the stallion was actually thankful for his brown coat as he felt a hidden blush come up,“cute in that outfit, sir!”

And once everyone had been dispersed, the stallion moved to pick up a large platter to take to a nearby counter. He hummed a song softly to himself as he shifted a few saucers onto the round plate of metal, and placed a teacup upside down on each one of them. Next to follow were a few spoons, which the stallion took the time to make sure they were well polished before adding them to his set. Then a couple of folded napkins. This was his first time of playing butler, but he believed he was doing a fine enough job as is.

Then he heard some extra sets of voices. His eyes shifted to the side to see two easily recognizable faces. A Griffon he had the pleasure of playing poker with, and knew all to well of his shyness around mares. And whom he believed was his sister, having seen her on the animal adoption fair. When he was ready, the stallion slid it onto his head, and sauntered across the café and ended at their table.

“Good Morning, ser and madame,” He greeted the two griffons with a lilting ring to his voice. He pony tilted his head back to allow the platter to slide down his head and rest on his back.

“I hope the two of you are having a lovely day to day,” he hummed with a note of delight. His eyes then turning to the older Razor giving him a knowing wink.

“If you wish, I can request for a maid to come to your aid at any time,” the stallion continued while carefully nipping his teeth onto the edge of each saucer, and placed them down in front of the griffons. The Stallion then stood up, straight, and gave a polite bow.

“I am Java, and I shall be your butler for this morning. Now, how may I be of service?”

The smile placed on Caramel's face turned to a friendly grin as two other ponies entered the room. If her observations serve her an actual purpose, then they must be the staff of this awesome place! And when they introduced themselves, she was right! She gave a happy wave to them and nodded in greeting. Well, seems like she doesn't have to introduce herself. That seems good. It gets a bit tiring saying your own name over and over again, right?

She made an imaginary checklist on her head and made notes on their instructions. Though there wasn't much of it, it still covered the basics on how to act when in front of costumers and such. Also, they get to have breaks? Cool! After so, she nodded at her boss, Sunrise Wisp when she gave out what she thought was the last of her greetings and instructions. But wait! what's this? Is that her son? Wearing a...maid's outfit? She looked blankly at her, or him? After a brief moment she gave up on the cuteness.

"Awwww!!! You're sooo adorable!!" She squealed a compliment to him.

She shook her head roughly, sending her pigtails to fly all over the place. Okay, focus Carmy! She took in a serious look and nodded at all the additional information Sunrise's son gave them. But that look of seriousness completely vanished when he mentioned her being on 'kitchen duty'. That. Sounds. AWESOME!!! She's going to be working in her own habitat! Plus, she loves to cook! She was already grinning like an idiot and was practically jumping on her hooves. She can't wait!

The second Silverbolt left them to their work, she zoomed to the kitchen like an insane cat chasing a delicious mouse. She barged in the kitchen and took in all the things and ingredients and utensils she has the permission to use! She looked to the side and spotted a apron with two chef hats, the big puffy one, probably made for the male users, and the small, more elegant one, mostly made for female users such as herself. She took the apron and wore it around her. After so, she decided on picking the big puffy hat. Makes her look more 'cheffy'. She then struck a poss with confidence surging through herself.

"Carmy the Chef is on duty!" She cheered to herself.

After so, she checked the menu, which was conveniently placed on her counter and took a brief glance on the possible foods she ought to make today. Well, this is a cafe after all. And the foods seems to be simple enough. There's some complicate ones here and there, but that shouldn't be a problem. She placed the menu down and took a rag. She wiped her counter in the meantime while waiting for the costumers to come in.

"I thought there would be more waiters though" Eclipse thought as she listened to her new boss and fixed her dress. It cant be too hard to be a waiter, being a part time flight coach was pretty fun. Although the dress made the job weird for her, she doesn't mind acting a little so that customers in the cafe can have a good time.

"Okay, i'm on it" Eclipse smiled after listening to her instructions. She walked around, fixing the tables and picking up things before waiting by the door for customers. Soon in came two griffons as Java went to greet them.

Eclipse took this change to create a good impression and went to the two of them. "Welcome home, Master and Milady" Eclipse said smiling and bowing. "I will lead you to your table, this way please" she said as she went to pull out the chairs near the window.

Silverbolt flushed deeply at the compliments, shaking at being called sir by Java. He was going to ponder how he knew but he remembered that his mother and he himself had spilled the beans. Any further thoughts on the matter were out on hold as their first customers entered the cafe. "Two griffons... One definitely still a child and the other an adult, albeit one on the short side. Much like my own mother.", he thought to himself with a grin. Turning to Caramel, he replied to her compliment, "Thank you, Caramel. I figured it'd be a fun little joke to pull.". His wings fluttered as he set up the menu signage beside the register.

"Caramel, ready the ice cream treats... I have a feeling the little griffoness is going to want some.", he whispered into Caramel's ear as he twirled back to the counter. He saw that they were being served by Java and Eclipse, a small grin upon his muzzle. He did fetch another glance at the menu and did see a fish item. It was a late addition, pencilled in while they were waiting for the updated menus. It was a plate of panfish and they even offered a shrimp kebab amidst the veggie and fruit kebabs. In his mother's infinite wisdom, she had openly advertised on the menu all the sweets they offered: Cupcakes, pies with ice cream, muffins, just ice cream treats, even cakes! He had tried to argue it wasn't ethical for her to promote cavities as a dentist. That it was a conflict of interest but she didn't budge, citing that any cafe had to carry these items to succeed.

Razor felt his eyes bulge when he saw the mare in the maid outfit and he quickly looked away and brought up a wing to cover his face.

'What is up with that!?!' Razor thought as he tried to calm himself down. He...hadn't really expected that. Then again this place seemed new so he didn't know much of what it had.

He then lowered his wing and cleared his throat, and breathed a bit easier when a....butler? came to serve them. Or were the butler and maid both serving them.

'Maids...and butlers...this place is a bit weird.' He thought, but cleared his throat again and looked up to Java.

"I'll start with a coffee if possible. Black. No sugar. No cream." He said, and looked around at the menu, "And maybe...uh...the shrimp kebab please."

Only one thing that was as close to meat as you could get in a pony nation. Well...what could you expect. Oh well, at least he had coffee.

"What do you want Glimmer?" Razor asked, dreading what was to come.

As for Glimmer, she gasped when she saw the maid and butler outfits. It was....it was...it was.

"So cute!" She gasped, "That maid outfit looks so adorable on you. And you look really classy as a butler."

They were so awesome! Was this one of those maid cafes she had heard her mom talk about? Oh oh maybe they had one in her size she could wear. Maybe they would let her keep it. It be really fun to dress up too. But first. FOOD! Or in the truest case. ICE CREAM!!!!

"Hmmm....I'll have..." She flipped immediately to the dessert section and browsed it. Oh sweet Celestia...it was like a dream!

"This! I want this!" She said, placing the menu down and tapping a talon on a picture of a rather large....very large, ice cream sundae.

Razor looked at the picture and choked at the sight of the sugary substance. He gulped and started shaking at just how manic Glimmer would be after eating that.

"Oh and some milk please? Strawberry if possible." She said with a smile.

"Black coffee with no sugar and no cream, shrimp kebab, ice cream sundae and a strawberry milk. Please wait while we prepare your food" Eclipse smiled as she wrote the orders down. She heard the little griffin compliment on her dress as she said with a small giggle, "Thank you, you look very cute too!". She was so adorable! But all Eclipse could do was smile and act friendly; she was totally out of character.

Eclipse bowed to the griffons and smiled at Java before she goes to the kitchen and passes the order to Caramel. "We have an order" she said clipping it to the rail. She goes back outside and asks the little griffin, "Would you like sweets or pencils to draw with?".

Java grinned as he watched the male griffon's reaction to the maid. Yes, he was right in one thing about his assessment of the griffon. He really liked mares, no matter how hard he tried to hide it. His eyes slowly shifting to glance over the wing that was being used to cover his face. Well preened, and slick. This was a flier or racer bird of some sort. Not much of a fighter. But, the pony remembered a long time friend of his, whom was much smaller, who suffered... the small bird syndrome for the longest.

His eyes then glanced to the adorable little critter in the chair. Definitely his sister. She even caused the stallion's charming smile to turn into a broad grin to the compliment.

Java shuffled his hooves a bit as he dipped his down with a bashful nod. His hooves now moving up to adjust the goggles around his neck before clopping his fore hooves together.

“Well! Butlers are cool, madame. Now my ser and madame. Let's see if we can get your wishes situated hm,” The stallion chimed as he now bounded up in the air to send the platter up high. His rear hooves poped up to give it a well calculated kick, hurtling it out of sight and back to the counter where he had gotten it from. The platter struck the counter on it's edge, and poped up into the air. It flipped about for a few seconds, before finally landing once more, right next to the rest of the cups.

The stallion then quickly slid behind the griffon, his body now turning on the hooves as he produced a bundled up white cloth from his waist coat, seemingly out of no where. The stallion's hooves moved quickly now.

The first one quickly tapping the edge of the saucer to send the tea cup up into the air. The other moving to place the bundle in it's place, and in turn the hoof that sent the cup into the air, moved to gracefully snatch it out of the sky and slip it into his jacket. Where, strangely it slipped into his pocket, and left no trace of it's existence. The waist coat remained incredibly flat.

The stallion then leaned down, to nip on the edge of the cloth, and pull it away, revealing a large, white porcelain mug. The pony sauntered around the table to reach Eclipse. He leaned in a bit close to her ear to whisper softly to her. “I think the big one likes you~.”

The pony then leaned back up, and stamped his hoof, “Now then! Eclipse darling, could you please be a dear and receive the masters' orders? I'll see to their beverages~”

“But, we can do much better than see to your wishes, Master Razor~” The pony hummed. His tone now had a greater sense of energy. Almost up beat. He spoke with a lilting sing song manner as he now slipped the rag into his coat, and produced... a bronze carafe of coffee from his wondrous coat.

“You wish for your coffee black, and no sugar sir? Well, I am afraid that the standard brew isn't quite spectacular in this fashion. I recommend one of my personal favorites, sir,” The pony then bowed politely as he tilted the carafe, and slowly filled the mug.

The aroma that spouted from the hot liquids was potent, and delightful with a kick that could likely keep a dragon awake during his hibernation season. The fluid was a tarnish red brown, and barely allowed light to shine a mere millimeter through it's surface.

Once the mug was full, the pony set the container gently on the center of the table. “I present to you sir, one of the finest brews you might find in Equestrian lands sir. It's flavor is potent, when left untainted by the prescience of additives. But this is where it's magic truly shines, sir. It's oddly sweet when black, with a bitter punch. But the bitterness is merely it's way of naturally enhancing the flavor, like a pinch of salt in cookies. Any dubious thoughts you may have will perish under the warcry of it's name, Valhalla, sir.”

The pony then turned the little griffon, giving her a friendly smile. The pony then reached out and gently press down on the saucer. The manner he was doing it allowed his hoof to lay as flat as possible. He gave the plate a quick flick, forcing it to spin around, sliding underneath the pony's hoof, and back into position. Contrarily wise, the upside down teacup on top had struck the stallion's hoof, and rolled on top, before landing back on the plate right-side up.

“If I remember correctly Madame, you desired a glass of milk of the strawberry sort? Do you mind if I deviated from the original recipe albit, madame? I am sure you will find the results more than satisfactory as it teams well with a sundae.”

Caramel placed the menu down and adjusted her hat. Hah! Nothing on the menu she can't handle! She placed the rag back and noticed that Eclipse was coming to her. Probably an order. She took Sunrise's advice and checked the freezer. Wow! Like, wow! There is like, tons and tons of ice cream! Different flavors with different colors everywhere! She was slightly drooling at the sight. They look so tasty! But she shook her head shortly after. She has an order to make! She took the order from Eclipse and sent a nod her way.

Time to get cooking.

Shrimp kebabs eh? Well, that seems simple enough! She zoomed to over to the refrigerator and took out a bag of nice, fresh, cold shrimps. She placed them in a plastic bowl and filled it with water. She left it in the counter. After so, she took out some skewers, tongs, olive oil, and the other seasonings. She placed them neatly in the counter. She then proceeded to flush the water from the bowl of shrimps and cleaned them. Then, she placed the bowl in the counter. In a another bowl, she whisked together the oil, garlic, oregano, and some lemon juice. She seasoned it with salt and pepper after.

She sped to the skewers and placed the shrimp, squash, and onion alternatively. Then, she stopped. Somethings missing...Aha! Some zucchini should do it! She left the skewers for a while and came back with the said ingredient. After placing it in the skewers, the took out a baking dish and placed the kebabs there. She poured some marinade on it and set it aside.

After so, she took a HUGE glass from the bottom of the table. Wow. The one who's gonna be eating this is gonna be in a big case of sugar high. The only thing she feels sad about is that, she's not gonna be the one who's gonna eat this delicious desert! After so, she took some ice cream of different flavors and scooped each flavor and placed it in the glass on-by-one.

She temporarily left the desert and turned on the grill. She got the kebabs and headed for the counter. Slip! She landed to the floor and her eyes widened when she saw all the kebabs fly in the air. But, a sigh of relief escaped her lips when it landed on the grill. Whew... That was close. Now for the ice cream.

She took out a bottle of chocolate syrup and smeared the ice cream. Giving the already sugary treat an even more sugary taste. She licked some syrup out of her hooves and she continued to decorate the ice cream with biscuit straws, strawberry's, some small chocolate bars, and finally, a cherry on top. She placed a spoon on the side and cheered on her own creation. By the time she was done, the kebabs were done too! She flipped the skewers, making the kebabs fly in to the air. She then flipped a plate and landed it to her wing. She stirred her wing until all the kebabs were neatly arranged in the clean plate. She placed it on her counter and proceeded to smear sauce in it. She also placed some lettuce on the side and viola! She clapped to herself.

She placed the orders in a wheeled tray table and trotted to the exit of the kitchen. The two doors opened and she emerged with a huge grin on her face. She didn't notice the ledge though and she tripped forward, making the tray table zoom into Java's direction. More specifically, his side. Still on the floor, she warned.

"Hey, Mr. Java! Wheeled tray table, 9 o' clock!!!" She quickly said. Hoping Java will catch it and nothing bad happens.

Eclipse saw the tray as Java was still serving the customers. She quickly went behind the tray, slowed it down and brought it to the customers.

"One shrimp kebab and an ice cream sundae. Enjoy, master and mistress" she said putting it on the table. The ice cream sundae was so big! Eclipse longed for ice cream, but she was on the job and has to keep in character. "Would you like anything else?" She asked

Java's eyes turned to look behind himself after hearing his name being called. The pony released a series of profanities in his mind. He now opened up his waist coat, and reached for a small device attached to a harness hidden underneath. He had barely managed to pull a small hook from a device before he heard another set of foot steps. His eyes tilted to spot Eclipse had came to save the day. He smiled when he saw her catch the cart, and instead of jerking it to a stop, she slowed it down to prevent everything from sloshing.

The Stallion relaxed now. He closed his vest after withdrawing his hoof and settled back down. “Splendid, Eclipse!” The pony then turned around, and gave Caramel a smile and nod, signaling a thank you, before turning back to the two Griffons.

Silverbolt was watching in total horror as Caramel tripped and sent the cart flying towards Java and his first guests. But right when he was about to swoop in and save the day, Eclipse had the presence of mind to grab hold of it. He'd have to commend her skills as she slowed it enough without sloshing or spilling any of its contents. "Whew, that was close...", he muttered to himself as he trotted to the prone Caramel. He flicked his tail nervously, still recovering from the shock of that nearly disastrous delivery.

"You okay, Carmy?", he asked with genuine concern. His bespectacled brown eyes looked her over briefly to make sure she wasn't injured. He leaned down and whispered to her, "Want me to take the carts for you for a while? Just to make sure you didn't sprain anything? It's no bother.". He was going to have to apologize to the guests as well. But first, he had to let his mom know they had guests. Trotting past Carmy, he entered the office. "Hey, mom. We have some griffon guests.", he said to her with a grin.

Sunrise was marking the books when her son entered. She perked her ears as he told her about the guests and their nationality. "Griffons?! Right now?! I'll be out to meet them immediately!", she replied with excitement in her eyes. The sort of excitement that only came when she was faced with a dental problem. With Silverbolt in tow, she emerged from the back area and approached the griffons. "Welcome master and mistress, I am the head maid, Sunrise Wisp. I hope the service is to your satisfaction! Please don't hesitate to call us if you need more services.", she said with a deferential bow and a smile. "I'm Silverbolt, master and mistress. And I apologize for that nearly disasterous cart delivery.", he said softly in his own introduction, bowing his head and quickly taking his leave to his post with Sunrise heading back to the kitchen area to help Caramel.

Eclipse let out a small sigh. "That was too close. If my hooves weren't free it could have crashed" Eclipse thought as she smiled at everyone. Luckily she had fast reflexes, thanks to her flight training. But she wasn't has fast as she was when she was a little filly, and definitely not as joyful too.

She bowed at the customers and went inside the kitchen, "What happened Carm? Are you alright?" Eclipse said as she massaged her cheeks. "It's only been 15 minutes and my cheeks are sore from smiling! And this dress is really weird on me"

She looked around the kitchen and saw how clean it was. It wasn't as big as she thought, probably because this was a cafe and not a restaurant, but there was quite a bit of room for waiters to rest.

Caramel sighed and looked up at Silver as he went to her. She nodded and smiled as she got up and dusted herself off. Man, she really needs to slow down. She's getting quite...how do you say...out of control? She shook her head lightly and grinned at Silver as he suggested about the cart.

"Oh! No! No! Its alright! I'm fine!" She protested.

Yes, thats true. She is okay. She has endured a lot of mishaps and accidents that she must have gotten used to it. Besides, it didn't hurt that much! Did it? She looked over her back hoof and moved it a little. To see if she gets any difference to it. But to her luck, it was actually fine. She looked over at Eclipse who seems to be very tired of smiling. Why would she be tired of smiling?! She smiles all the time! She looked over to the kitchen and smiled at Eclipse.

" Hey! It's only been fifteen minutes and I've almost caused an accident! You know! If you're tired, you can always hang out at the kitchen!" She invited her.

After so, she trotted over to the griffons eating her food. Maybe they wanted her to make something else for them? She'll do anything to make them happy! Besides, the employee's are supposed to make the customers happy! She flashed the adorable griffon a sweet grin as she went to them.

"How's the ice-cream? I made it with extra chocolate syrup!" She said proudly.

She then, looked over to, if her observation is correct, her big brother. She glanced at the shrimp kebabs she made them and flashed him a sweet smile as well.

"I really do hope the kebabs are fine! I worked really hard to make them extra-tasty!" She said happily.

Eclipse went back out and stood next to Java. She had ignored what he said about the male griffon but it was stuck in her head.

"That's not possible. I can't anyways! Rule number one: No dating customers" Eclipse whispered. She disliked it when ponies try to set her up with another pony or when they gossiped as she talked about work with the other male flight coaches. It was rare to see Eclipse with a male friend, but it's really childish to gossip about it.

"What makes you so sure anyways? He's acting normally like any other pony would"

Java stood still with a calm smile on his muzzle. Standing vigilint next to the two griffons like a dedicated butler. Readily accessed when ever needed. And even, once the food had been delivered, he had outfitted the two with a bib fashioned from the cloth napkin. He was still waiting on the little one's response to his question. And even after the mare of the house showed up to greet the two Griffons in what he believed was a hurry. Java supposed that the mare thought highly of Griffons, likely seeing them all as nobles of some sort. He watched her and her sun both leave, but her eyes lightly fixated on the son the most. But returned politely to the two at the table.

Java's eyes flicked to the mare as he offered her a devilish grin, then back to the griffons. There was actually nothing about dating the customers. The common rule for labor was you may not date any of the higher ups. But, that was never quite mentioned for this restraunt. He hummed through her whispering, and stopped once she asked him how he was so sure.

"Well dear, this particular griffon is easily flustered by cute mares. But... I never seen him actually cover his face." The stallion whispered with a hoof raising up to cover his mouth. He kept his smile the entire time. His head moved only slightly, with his eyes now shifting to look to her. "Could be a minor embarrassment. Or he's hiding a blush. Which... would possibly be the first time I have seen it. But... poni-er... Griffons like him are less likely to admit such things. Warriors in soul, but possibly warmers at heart? Just ask him yourself~"

Wheels rolling against the ground can be heard as a roller skating pony went by the street. She was currently taking a walk...or rather skate? She had just finished tutoring another client and is looking for something else to do. Hmm...she could go on to see if any skate parks are available. Yeah! That sounds good! Her dark purple and red mane brushed against her gold yellow coat as she skated faster.

Axle Spin skidded to a turn around a corner and proceeded to look around. Just to see if her bright pink orbs can find something that looked interesting to her. Or maybe anything with a ramp in it. That sounds good. She was having a nice, smooth stroll until,

Rumble Rumble

She halted quickly and frantically looked around. What in the name of Celestia's crown was that?! She looked everywhere, right, left, front, behind, even above her! Did she miss something? She took in one last scan before shrugging it off with a smile in her face as she proceeded to skate off again.

Rumble Rumble

Aw c'mon! Now what?! She looked around in all directions again. Nothing. Who in their right mind would mess with her? She groaned in frustration as she heard the same sound again. That was until, oh yeah! She didn't look below her! When she did, she saw her stomach rumble in hunger. So that's it! She chuckled to herself as she went on ahead with a new goal in mind.

After a while, she stumbled upon a cafe. And by her observations, It must have opened only recently. Without hesitation, she burst through the doors with a smirk on her face. When she was inside, there wasn't much living souls in this cafe. Seems like she was right. This cafe did open recently. She skated passed them, winking to them as she did, and took a table. She made herself comfortable and took off her skates, placing them near her chair. With the same smirky kind of smile still on her face, she waited. She simply waited. she didn't feel like calling out to anyone right. She just...waited.

As Caramel Smile saw another pony enter the cafe, she smiled sweetly at the griffons and ran quickly to her post. She wouldn't want to miss an order!

“You wish for your coffee black, and no sugar sir? Well, I am afraid that the standard brew isn't quite spectacular in this fashion. I recommend one of my personal favorites, sir,” The pony then bowed politely as he tilted the carafe, and slowly filled the mug.

Once the mug was full, the pony set the container gently on the center of the table. “I present to you sir, one of the finest brews you might find in Equestrian lands sir. It's flavor is potent, when left untainted by the prescience of additives. But this is where it's magic truly shines, sir. It's oddly sweet when black, with a bitter punch. But the bitterness is merely it's way of naturally enhancing the flavor, like a pinch of salt in cookies. Any dubious thoughts you may have will perish under the warcry of it's name, Valhalla, sir.”

Razor felt his feathers stand up when he smelled the aroma of the coffee that the butler offered. He leaned forward a bit and sniffed at the aroma. He even started to make a cat like purring noise that any near him could hear. But he quickly pulled back and cleared his throat.

"Umm well, *cough* yes it does smell good. I'll take that. Thank you." Razor said as he cleared his throat again.

Glimmer just giggled at her brothers silliness over coffee.

"Honestly, I don't know how you can drink that stuff. It taste so bitter. Yucky." She said, scrunching her face a bit.

She didn't really understand why grown ups liked the stuff.

Razor smirked, "It's an acquired taste sis. Right uh...uh...Java was it?"

The pony then turned the little griffon, giving her a friendly smile. The pony then reached out and gently press down on the saucer. The manner he was doing it allowed his hoof to lay as flat as possible. He gave the plate a quick flick, forcing it to spin around, sliding underneath the pony's hoof, and back into position. Contrarily wise, the upside down teacup on top had struck the stallion's hoof, and rolled on top, before landing back on the plate right-side up.

“If I remember correctly Madame, you desired a glass of milk of the strawberry sort? Do you mind if I deviated from the original recipe albit, madame? I am sure you will find the results more than satisfactory as it teams well with a sundae.”

Glimmer smiled and nodded, "Yeah. A big glass." But then she offered something away from the original. Something fancy? That only made her smile more.

"Oh, oh yeah, yeah give me the really fancy thing. If Razor gets fancy coffee I want fancy milk." She said, sticking her tongue out at her brother.

Razor just rolled his eyes at her.

-----------------

"Black coffee with no sugar and no cream, shrimp kebab, ice cream sundae and a strawberry milk. Please wait while we prepare your food" Eclipse smiled as she wrote the orders down. She heard the little griffin compliment on her dress as she said with a small giggle, "Thank you, you look very cute too!". She was so adorable! But all Eclipse could do was smile and act friendly; she was totally out of character.

Eclipse bowed to the griffons and smiled at Java before she goes to the kitchen and passes the order to Caramel. "We have an order" she said clipping it to the rail. She goes back outside and asks the little griffin, "Would you like sweets or pencils to draw with?".

"Oh, sweets! Sweets! Sweets!" She cheered, giving Eclipse wide eyes of excitement.

Razor gulped, "Pencils He quickly stated.

"Sweets!"

"Pencils"

"Sweeeeeeets"

"Pennnncils"

"Sweeets" Glimmer said once more, then quickly shot her brother with a begging puppy look.

"Pen-Oh forget it. Give her the sweets." Razor said with a sigh as he covered his face, "I'm such a weakling." He muttered in the end.

He was gonna regret this.

Eclipse saw the tray as Java was still serving the customers. She quickly went behind the tray, slowed it down and brought it to the customers.

"One shrimp kebab and an ice cream sundae. Enjoy, master and mistress" she said putting it on the table. The ice cream sundae was so big! Eclipse longed for ice cream, but she was on the job and has to keep in character. "Would you like anything else?" She asked

Glimmer gasped and felt her mouth drop as she stared at the sundae. It was....it was....IT WAS-!

"Oh no!" Razor moaned as he saw the size and let his face hit the table.

"Awesome! Woooo!" Glimmer cheered as she grabbed her spoon and looked at the sundae and started looking for the right place to eat. This was going to be a very important choice.

Razor moaned as he rubbed his head, feeling a massive headache.

"I'm so dead." He said.

Glimmer giggled and nodded before taking a big bite of ice cream from the top.

Eclipse laughed softly as she went to get candy for the little one. "Here you go, milady. Don't eat too much though, you're going to get a tummy ache if you do" she smiled as she put the bowl on the table. She stood next to Java again and whispered "I'm not going to ask him! And I'm not cute!"

She smiled as she saw another customer come in. She went over to her table and said "Welcome home, milady! I'm Eclipse, may I take your order?"

“Oh yes you are~” Java whispered back with a low chuckle. He then turned back to the Griffon.

“Yes~ and Java is the name I often prefer to run under. If you wish to keep it under formal, sir, I will give you my real name,” Java informed, though there was a dulling in the note as the sentence continued. Clearly the pony would rather not have his name exposed. But is more than willing to provide it under the current setting’s restrictions.

Once the request was made, Java pulled a straw from his waist coat, and dipped it into the glass of strawberry milk. His wrist moving the hoof to plug it, before he with drew it, taking only the smallest sample bead that he could. He pulled the straw to his jaws and dropped it on his tongue.

He paused for a moment as he did his best to discern the ingredients, before finally going about to make his additives. He gave the saucer a light tap, to send the tea cup into the air, before catching it with his hoof. The pony smiled, making a mental note to compliment Caramel’s cooking abilities. The pony bowed to the two, before slowly turning around to head back to the kitchen.

His eyes shifting to see a new customer arriving. He paused for a moment, to give her a bow with a charismatic smile. A small wink was fired when he was in mid pose. “Good evening Madame, Miss Eclipse will be more than happy to serve you this evening. If you ever need a butler, please let me know under your convenience.”

He continued into the kitchen and smiled to Caramel. He gently placed the tea cup on the counter, and looked back to Caramel “Compliments on the milk! Honestly, I don’t have much I can add to enhance it any further.” The Stallion laughed as he opened the fridge to pull out a bottle of cream.

He filled the teacup half way with cream, and plucked up a bottle of vanilla. After reading it’s origins, he quickly opened the fridge once more and removed a vanilla handful of vanilla beans.

“But, I think I can come up with something. A friend of mine is an excellent chef. He stayed at my place for a few nights when he was visiting canterlot, and showed me a thing or two.”

He poured a good portion of the bottle into a pan, and tossed the beans inside as well. He added a few cups of sugar, before quickly speeding off to go treat the cream with a variety of ingredients. Including rock salt. He mixed it with a hard shake. And now came the hard part.

The stallion looked down to the cup for a moment, as he realized it would probably need to sit in the freezer for several hours before it was ready. And an idea occurred to him. He was so happy that he had his coat enchanted a while back, and he was also even happier that he decided for some reason it would be useful to have a small chemistry set with him. Even though there was no immediate justifiable reason.

And so, after sifting through his wonderfully immaculate and unorthodox waist coat, he had pulled out a heavily insulated metallic can and set it down on the counter. The moment it was popped open, a thick fog spilled out and roll along the counters and down to the floor.

Java gave a blank stare to Caramel after realizing how he probably looks at this point. “Yyyyeaaah. I should have probably mentioned I might not be all there. Oh… and I am actually a scientist…”

Archived