Pony Combat; challenge 1 [open to peanut gallery]

Lovinity

The pony crowd over at the stadium was going wild as the crew prepared the grassy level stadium grounds for a great battle of will, courage, and strength between two ponies. Several weeds were pulled from the field and the grass was being mowed to a flat level. The crew instructor gave instructions to the crew through the process. After the tasks were complete, the crew headed away.

Lovinity then stepped out and in the middle of the battle field as she carried with her a cardboard "megaphone". The crowd cheered loudly in anticipation for the beginning of the battle. Lovinity held up the cardboard megaphone and spoke into it loudly to the crowd.

"Fillies and gentlecolts! Welcome to the first annual Pony Combat Challenge!" The crowd cheered and Lovinity took a pause before continuing. "Today... is going to be a great day... as we have two very willing, very dedicated ponies battling each other in combat. Fillies and Gentlecolts, I present to you, Grey and Passion Flower!"

The crowd gave one last, blaring loud cheer as the two ponies prepared for their entry into the battle field for the preparation. The two would go to the center where Lovinity is and wait for her command to begin battle as well as announce what the mystery attack/spell would be for both their use.

Passion Flower slowly started stepping out towards the field, smiling and waving at the crowd as they cheered.

---

PROFILES

Grey:

Speed and Agility: 10. Strength: 5. Immunity: 1. Health: 6. Energy: 8.

Spells and attacks: Quick Slash, Critical Strike, Evasion, Psyche Out, and Relentless Attack.

Potions: Stamina (2), Heal (1).

Passion Flower:

Speed and Agility: 4. Strength: 6. Immunity: 8. Health: 4. Energy: 5.

Spells and Attacks: Basic Laser, Quick Attack, Empathy, Affirmation, Insecurity.

Potions: Healing (3).

---

RULES

For the two battling:

*Only one spell/attack per turn.

*One potion per turn as well.

*A potion can be used in conjunction with a spell/attack in a turn.

*Please wait for the Game Master, Lovinity, to post the results of an attack/spell, before doing your turn.

*NO GORE DESCRIPTIONS OF ATTACKS!

*Please include some actions and dialogue in your posts along with your attack/etc.

*Please bold spells/attacks/potions that you use in a post so it can be easily located by the Game Master.

For the peanut gallery:

*Be respectful

*Do not interfere with battle. No casting spells, throwing things, etc. in the battle field. Otherwise, you'll be kicked out of the stadium.

*Please, if you post, don't post again until after the Game Master (Lovinity)'s next post.

*Post more than one sentence, please. None of this very short posts.

*You do not need to sign up to be in the peanut gallery; just hop in.

---

All OOC belongs in private messages or on this thread: http://www.canterlot...rp/#entry493353

Grey casually stepped onto the field at the loud and energetic call of the announcer. He found the girl to be quite the annoying source of joy and happiness, but didn't let this show on his face. He instead kept his expression neutral and locked his gaze onto his opponent as he approached. He observed the way the stallion carried him, and noticed he had a strong resemblance to the royal guard. He found this detail very interesting as guards put quite a value on order, and he loved breaking that order. Still he couldn't be sure that this first observation was correct, as any military pony would have that posture. He still noted the militaristic feel though, and prepared for it none the less. At the point in which they were both standing face to face, separated only by the space allowed for the cheerful announcer, Grey decided to test the waters with an opening quip. "I hope that your defeat here doesn't stain your reputation too badly. It would be bad for someone with your experience to lose to a commoner such as myself. I will try not to wound you in any permanent way, but I make no promises.” He narrows his eyes, and gives him a confident smirk.

Grey's opening move is Psyche Out, or specifically his opening taunt..

// The battle didn't begin yet :razz:

Passion Flower as well approached Grey. After getting closer, he turned his attention from the cheering crowd and turned to Grey, his smile turning into a facial expression of a little bit of anger. His eyes and his mouth showed the expression, hopefully intimidating Grey. But he wanted to limit how much he gave him; Give him too much and it'd only fuel his power even more.

As they stood face to face with Lovinity in the middle, Passion listened intently to Grey's message. Passion decided that instead of fighting back with more insults, he'd shame himself in front of Grey with a suspicious smirk. "Oh really now? A strong pony like you battling a newbie Royal Guard pony like me? What chance do I have of defeating you? I bet you could beat me with one attack." He chuckled a little bit, waiting for Lovinity's command.

Lovinity explained the battle rules to the two ponies (see first post) and then gave the final words. "Let the battle begin!!" she shouted as the crowd roared. Setting down her cardboard megaphone, she then said to the two battlers. "Alright Grey, you will have the choice of making the first move or passing it to Passion."

---

Grey:

Health: 130 / 130

Energy: 50 / 100

Passion:

Health: 120 / 120

MYSTERY SPELL/ATTACK:

This spell/attack is available for use by either pony in this battle:

"Active Slow Radiation" - This spell results in the gradual loss of health for the other pony, a random rate between 1 and 10 per turn. It can only be cast once on a pony. It costs 75 energy points to use. It is not influenced by speed nor strength, but it can be slowed by immunity.

Solfire found himself amongst the crowd who had traveled today to see this fight. He, as many others, were led to believe that this fight was going to be spectacular; Sol couldn't deny that he wasn't excited already. "Excuse me. Pardon me." He said a few times as he tried to get a good seat. Once there, he positioned himself to be as comfortable as possible, yet able to see what was going on. When the announcer, Lovinity, said who was going to be participating today, Sol cheered with everyone else. Now all that was left was for the fight to come underway.

The agitated glare Passion shot Grey was just what he was hoping for, but his response was not what he expected. He gave Grey a cunning smirk, maybe in response to his own, and said, "Oh really now? A strong pony like you battling a newbie Royal Guard pony like me? What chance do I have of defeating you? I bet you could beat me with one attack." he then chuckled a little bit. Grey grimaced as he was put off by this at first, but decided to roll with it, and responded with, “I’m sorry, but if you’re a ‘Newbie” then why do you look so dam old?” Grey would note that he wasn’t sure of his actual age, but he did look much older than he did, and he was using that as a base for his insult.

As he says this the announcer began to explain the battle rules to them and Grey half listened as he kept his attention on Passion. As the announcer finished she then declared with a loud yell, "Let the battle begin!!" the crowd roared in response to this. She set down her cardboard megaphone, then looked at Grey and said, "Alright Grey, you will have the choice of making the first move or passing it to Passion."

Grey smirked in response, and then swiftly flicking a hidden knife from his sleeve and into his hoof, “I hope you were joking about one move Mr. Flower, because I would like this to last.” As he says this he carefully aims for the artery in Passions front right leg and then tries to slash it.

If Grey hits, then he would give Passion another cocky smirk, but if he misses, then he would feign shock at his failure in and attempt to fool his opponent into thinking he is slow.

Grey uses Critical Strike.

---ATTACK RESULTS---

Speed: Chance of miss: 28%

Random number: 41

The attack was successful!

Damage done:

X = 0.9377863375 * 0.8216188470727273 (0.7705029294173055)

Y = 60 * 0.7705029294173055

The attack dealt 47 points of damage to Passion Flower. That's a critical hit!

Gray:

Energy: (30 + 18 =) 48 / 100

Passion:

Health: 73 / 120

---

Upon listening to Grey, Passion Flower approached closer to his face and glared an evil look at him, a look that showed that Passion meant business. Now was Passion going to win this war? He didn't know. He was but a new guard, not experienced and just entering the front. But he was going to try his hardest and his best.

The old age comment didn't phase him. In fact, he got a chuckle out of it, seeing as it was a pathetic attempt at an insult. "Old? Ha! Does thou have bad eyesight?" he smirked. "Thou is but only a young stallion... thirties perhaps. Your remarks about being old have no effect on me. Quite I ask, do you perhaps attack like an old pony?" he snickered.

Noting Lovinity's reply and that Grey was likely going to accept the offer as the first move, he backed off a little bit of distance, still keeping his expression of anger on him. Grey had pulled out his weapon and it towards Passion. He wasn't able to get out of the way in time for the knife to hit him... and hit him hard. Passion Flower uttered a grunt as he shook, almost losing his strength to stand. However, despite the hard hit, he was able to keep standing, facing back at Grey with an evil stare. He smirked and gave Grey credit.

"Well well, I must admit you have skill. But perhaps your skill isn't enough? Hmm..." Passion Flower thought to himself about his move on Grey. He wanted to start off light on Grey, give him a false sense of weakness. And so Passion chose to use the Quick attack laser. Aiming at Grey, he quickly charged forward, and then around, and in a few different directions, to try and confuse Grey. At one point, without even stopping with his trotting, he attempted to fire at Grey, hoping it'd give him a little taste of his fury... but only a little.

---ATTACK RESULTS---

SPEED

Chance of miss: 31%

Random Number: 37

The attack was successful!

X = 0.5579316930 * 0.6732448876363637 (0.3756246599625512)

Y = 20 * 0.3756246599625512

The attack dealt 8 points of damage

Gray:

Health: 122 / 130

Energy: 48 / 100

Passion:

Energy: (40 + 15) = 55 / 100

Grey was satisfied as his blade struck true, and carved a nice gash into Passion's leg. The Stallion grunted and shook as he struggled to keep on his feet. He turned and fixed Grey with a very menacing stare as he regained his footing, but Grey only smiled at the sight of such ill intent, Passion’s stare shifted into a smirk as he said "Well well, I must admit you have skill. But perhaps your skill isn't enough? Hmm..."

“I think you may be letting your confidence get the better of you.” Grey quipped.

Passion aimed his horn at Grey, quickly charged forward, but changed course part way through. He ran in several and Grey simply shifted his stance to face him. The Stallion was fast, but Grey was more so. Grey wasn’t sure what he intended to accomplish running around like that, but his thoughts were interrupted as Passion suddenly fired off a laser in his direction. Grey hadn’t expected this and was unable to dodge the beam in time. He was struck with a glancing blow to his side and flinched from the impact, but was pleasantly surprised when he found that it hadn’t really done all that much damage.

“Really? Really?! Is that all you have!” Grey declared mockingly with a smug grin on his face. Grey then fixed his gaze onto Passion as the grin on his face slowly started to shift into a neutral expression. He reached into his coat pocket and popped on of the stamina potions he had been allotted and downed it. He wanted to set things straight with this Stallion, but he was going to need a lot of energy to do it. Pony psychology says that if you feel strongly enough about something, then ponies can pick up on these feelings. It becomes not just a look or an expression, but an overall feeling that they emanate. This feeling is the result of your mind picking up on the subtle body language of the other pony, and assigning an emotion to what it has perceived. Grey looked at Passion with a neutral expression, and began slowly walking towards him. He started focusing his feelings and this caused his expression to shift into a cold stare, his body began to tense, and the first knife was subtly turned to where the point was aimed at Passion. Grey had expended a lot of energy to do it, but his every being was focused on one feeling. Kill.

Once he was within a few feet of Passion he spoke in a distant and unfeeling tone, “You seem to think this is a game. That I won’t kill you, because this is a friendly competition, but you don’t understand something more important is happening here. If you don’t stop me…” His voice drops to a whisper, “I. will. kill…” He then, very subtly, glanced at the announcer, as if to say, “and I don’t mean just you.”

Grey uses Psyche Out.

---GRAY POTION: STAMINA---

Gray's energy has been increased to 98 / 100

---ATTACK RESULTS---

(Psyche Out is a mental attack and is thus influenced by strength rather than speed)

Chance of failure: 31%

Random Number: 21

The attack failed!

Grey:

Energy: (48 + 18) = 66 / 100

Passion:

Energy: 55 / 100

---

"Letting the confidence get the best of me? HA!" Passion Flower uttered as he gave a very hearty laugh. After Passion had completed his small attack, he paid attention to Gray's smile and his words of 'disappointment'. Passion could only help but to keep smiling, for Gray didn't seem to know his true intent. That may be a plus on Passion's end. However only time will tell during the battle. His only thinking was to do what he can to weaken and perhaps destroy Gray.

But that was going to be a big challenge. Passion had been thinking about Gray's true strength. Indeed he was no pony to mess with. Passion wasn't actually scared of Gray, but he knew in order to have a chance, he'd have to work extra hard to get this pony to fall before him.

Passion saw him pop a potion. He didn't know what potion it was exactly, but all he could think about was it was probably something to give him an upper hand. And thus Passion had better be careful. He had a feeling Gray had some very deep intents... that he was planning to take this battle to depths even further than just plain ol' combat fun. And that's where he felt a little worried. However, knowing his duty as a royal guard, he had to do his best not to let emotions get the best of him.

Passion stood his ground as well, as Gray approached him with a very neutral expression, one possibly meant to intimidate him. A pony? Try to intimidate him? A royal guard was built to avoid those kind of moves. He stared down Gray as he approached Passion, noting that he pulled out his knife and pointed it towards Passion.

With a very angry expression on Passion's face developing, he listened to Gray's talk. Feelings had built up in him as what he feared was true: Gray did have intent than just winning the battle. But then he caught site of something more... his glance at the announcer: His beloved filly daughter Lovinity. Uh oh. Passion knew by his movements Gray's desire to kill off Lovinity as well... and that was something he was not going to let happen... even if he had to die to protect her.

Quickly, Passion let out a very angry puff through his nose and raised up one of his hooves. With full force, he struck Gray's cheek, making a loud smack, hoping that'd strike some sense into Gray. And after doing that, he bumped heads against Gray, pushing against him and staring him directly down through his eye. "No... one... touches... my... Lovinity!" He said. With a loud grunt, he backed off and pointed his horn directly at Gray, glowing a purple and black haze: The insecurity spell. Passion was hoping to avoid using so much energy too quickly, but his anger got the best of him. Passion fired away in hopes that it would substantially affect Gray, taking back the upper hand and giving it to Passion... at least for a short time.

---ATTACK RESULTS---

Chance of miss: 38%

Random Number: 81

The attack hit the target!

Chance of immunity: 13%

random number: 97

Gray was not immune

Gray:

Energy: 66 / 100

Attacks are only 50% effective for 2 more rounds

Passion:

Energy: (5 + 15) = 20 / 100

Grey had expected to get an aggravated response out of Passion, but the results were more than he anticipated. The blow to the face had hurt, but only made him smirk evilly as he still wore the killing intent. He wanted to inspire violence and anger in his opponent, and passion was proving to be quite the hot head. He looked back into Passion’s eyes maintaining his cold glance as he felt the increased pressure against his head. "No... one... touches... my... Lovinity!" Passion threatened, then with a loud grunt he began slowly retreating with his horn pointed at Grey. It started glowing with what Grey thought was a beautiful purple and black color.

Grey loved the negative emotions that he was emanating, and suddenly came up with a very underhanded plan. As Passion backed away, Grey slowly circled to passions right while twisting his knife, “You must really love that girl. I wonder if there are other things that match that red coat of her's.” He laid down yet another threat as he finished his circle. He put all his energy into trying to evade his opponent’s next attack, and if he was successful. He had moved so that Lovinity was hidden right behind him. If Passion missed his shot or only delivered a glancing blow, well it didn’t look good for poor Lovinity.

Grey uses Evasion.

---ATTACK RESULTS---

Chance of failure: 21%

Random number: 48

Passion's Insecurity spell was rendered null!

Gray:

Energy: (41 + 18) = 59 / 100

Passion:

Energy: 20 / 100

---

As Passion fired his insecurity spell away at Gray, he thought he had a great aim. What he didn't know was Gray's next planned move to Evade the attack. He saw Gray pull out his knife and circle around. To his dismay, the spell had broke as it tried to hit Gray. "Dammit," he said to himself and turned around to think of what to do next. Feeling under threat, he tried to get Lovinity's attention by stomping on the grassy field and looking at her.

Lovinity had out his attempts to grab her attention and looked at Passion. Passion tried to utter a secret signal to Lovinity through the use of his horn... specifically its colors. Quickly his horn flashed red, then orange, then yellow, green, blue, violet, and white, before the glow faded out. Lovinity nodded and then quickly flew out of the way and up towards the sky, above the heads of the crowd.

After that motion, Passion turned back to... well where he was facing when he was in thought. His energy was substantially depleted, but he had 3 potions of healing left. His plan was worth a shot, but he didn't know how much of a cost it would have on him as a result.

Passion turned back around, and for what seemed to be a long while, he stared down Gray as if to get ready to attack. His horn glowed purple, but did not fire for the longest time. He was hoping this would work, but he wasn't quite sure. Instead of firing, however, he smirked at Gray. "I bet you're wondering what kind of spell I have for you now," he chuckled. Making the spell look powerful, he looked at Gray with a fierce anger. He bent over and pointed the horn directly at Gray. Firing away, the spell energy traveled towards Gray, but all it did was puff into a cloud-like formation and faded away as it hit Gray. The spell did nothing. Literally nothing. In fact, it wasn't even a spell. And that was his intent.

"I pass my turn this round," Passion said.

------

Gray:

Energy: 66 / 100

Passion:

Energy: (20 + 15) = 35 / 100

Grey managed to stop the spell from connecting with him, but was greatly disappointed when the spell simply broke apart after missing its mark. He had really wanted it to hit Lovinity, but he wasn’t going to let that bug him too much. He would after all have other opportunities to get at the girl. He noticed that Passion looked equally as frustrated by this turn of events and seemed to even start throwing a fit as he stomped his hooves on the ground like an overgrown child. Grey found this quite amusing, and had to force himself to keep a straight face. It was towards the end of this supposed tantrum that Grey became perplexed as he noticed Passion’s horn start to glow. His horn shifted through several different colors, something he had never seen anypony do before. He wondered what the colors meant and began to try to read the sequence for some any kind of hint of an attack, but as he started to take note of the colors they suddenly stopped. Grey then heard flapping from behind him and glanced back in time to see Lovinity taking to the sky. His first reaction to this was relief, as he concluded that Passion had simply alerted the young filly to his plan. However, he couldn’t believe that, this attack was being telegraphed, and there was a chance the young filly not only knew what it did, but even fled for her own safety. Grey had no idea how he could prepare such a large spell after he had just cast one not moments ago, but then again, the heroes have pulled these impossible feats many times in the past. His eyes drifted to the broken watch on his wrist, still frozen on the time and day that his life had changed. The power of love, had ruined him that day and he was not going to let that ever happen again.

Grey noticed a break in his spell had ended, as his horn began to glow a bright purple. Grey went back on the defensive as Passion smirked at him. "I bet you're wondering what kind of spell I have for you now," He said, and then chuckled at him. Grey was captivated as the horn on Passion’s head began to grow even more brilliantly. Such light was always a bad sign when it came to unicorns, and the look fierce anger he was giving him caused a tinge of fear in Grey. His nerves were starting to give as his paranoia kick in to overdrive. He swiftly popped his other energy potion as he feared he would need it in order to stop whatever was coming. He couldn’t let himself be defeated so early into his planning. He jumped as he realized he could hear his own blood pumping through his ears. This attack was far too similar to ones he had researched. So many villains had been defeated by a single attack fueled by love or friendship. Who knew what now fueled the spell before him, but he had his suspicion that it was love. He struggled to keep his cool and furiously chanted to himself as panic began to set, “Calm down. Calm down, calm down. Calm down! calmdowncalmdown!!!” It wasn’t working anyone could see Grey’s body beginning to twitch as hairs started to pop out of place. It was at this point that Passion started to bend over and point his horn directly at Grey. His eyes shrank to pin pricks, and then, he screamed, with all the horror of a Stallion on the edge. As Passion fired his laser Grey bolted right at him, still screaming as the spell traveled towards him. As the spell shifted into a cloud of smoke Grey barreled tight through it as he drew all three of his knives and launched himself to two hooves.

He didn’t know what the spell did, and at this point he didn’t care, because whatever it did. He was going to make sure that he completed his mission before he was taken down. As Grey bursted through the other end of the cloud, his face no longer expressed the air of a cold killer, but was now instead a mixture of panic, anger, and madness. He didn’t even hear Passion as he spoke, "I pass my tur..” he had tried to say, but part way into his statement. Grey had literally cut him off as he tried to slash him across his throat, but he didn’t stop there. Grey continued to press his attack, and tried to slash his eyes and several parts of his face. He then stated slashing violently at his body seemingly trying to hit anything he could, until he finally made one final stab aimed at his chest around where his heart would be and froze in place.

Grey uses Relentless Attack. He uses Critical Strike at the throat, Quick Slash at the side of the face, Critical strike at the eyes, 3 Quick Slashes aimed at the legs, 2 at his side, and 2 across his chest, then a final Critical Strike aimed at the heart.

Total is 3 Crits and 8 slashes for a cost of 100 power points.

---ATTACK RESULTS---

Chance of miss for each attack: 27% for critical strikes, 21% for all other attacks.

Random numbers: 65 15 88 71 94 90 18 60 50 32

The following attacks missed: Quick Slash at face, one of the quick slashes at his legs

DAMAGE

Critical strike 1: 36 points (Remaining: 37)

Quick slash 1: Failed

Critical Strike 2: 53 points (Remaining: DEFEATED)

Quick Slash 2: NA

Quick Slash 3: NA

Quick Slash 4: NA

Quick Slash 5: NA

Quick Slash 6: NA

Quick Slash 7: NA

Critical Strike 3: NA

Grey:

Health: 150 / 150 (reset due to end of battle)

Energy: 50 / 100 (reset due to end of battle)

Attributes affected! Gray's UNOFFICIAL new profile for remainder of role play:

Speed: 7 (-3 as a result of the attack). Strength: 5. Immunity: 1. Health: 10 (maxed out as bonus for the defeat). Energy: 5 (-3 as a result of the attack).

Passion:

Health: 0 / 120

Energy: NA

---

Passion noticed Gray's tension as he was ready to fire the fake spell at Gray. Oh what a lovely site it was to see him panic! But that wasn't something he wanted to keep his focus on, for he had a job to do. As Passion fired his fake spell, he noticed Gray had cut him out and suddenly charged forward with all his might. Passion tried to back up as fast as he could but it was very hopeless in this situation. All he could do was try to ride out Gray's attack, hopefully with a survive. But for Passion, his luck was out... and so was his time.

Gray had charged forth towards Passion with his knife, striking first at his throat. Passion felt a strong pain charge through his throat as he, at that point, loss enough strength to be able to stand. But Gray's follow-up attacks were so quick that Passion didn't have time to fall before they were dealt. Gray tried to slash at his face, but the blow to the throat had turned Passion's face to the side, causing his knife to miss. But the next critical strike attack Gray laid on Passion would be it... the end of the line. A strong strike at Passion's eyes dealt a significant amount of damage... so much that Passion had gone unconscious.

It was over for him, but seemingly not for Gray as he continued with his other attacks, at this point doing no good as Passion was defeated. Once Grey was finished, Passion had collapsed on the battle field, completely unconscious and severely covered in wounds from battle. Gray may have won, but what he didn't know was what was coming next for him. And surely the sight of Passion like this will only fuel the problem, giving Gray a disadvantage... maybe.

--

Lovinity had reached the castles of Canterlot in a very fast time, thanks to Rainbow Dash holding on to Lovinity and flying her at very fast speeds. Lovinity was unaware of what just happened out in the battle field, but she was to find out later. And how would she take it? How would she handle seeing Passion Flower in the state he was in? One could only imagine... at least at this moment.

Lovinity stepped forward to Spirit Love, her niece. Spirit Love had quite good experience in the areas of Reiki. However she was also quite a powerful unicorn. She wasn't as powerful as an Alicorn, but she had several things up her sleeves. Typically she was a gentle mare and only cast spells when they were absolutely needed. But for this situation, she was about to find out that her magic may be needed.

"Spirit Love! We have an emergency!" Lovinity panicked as she flew towards Spirit Love after hopping off of the back of Rainbow Dash.

"What is it?" Spirit Love said as she looked in seriousness, but a little worry, at Lovinity. She sensed the panic that existed within Lovinity and knew that whatever it was, it had to have been serious.

"Passion is at war with some villain named Gray, and he's in serious danger! I think Grey is wanting to kill him!" Lovinity replied, again with a panic.

Spirit Love wanted to ask a few more questions, but sensing the urgency of the situation, she skipped them.

"Quick Lovinity! Get your amulet on." Spirit Love said. "We have a task at hand." Lovinity grabbed her necklace along with the golden amulet which had her cutie mark in the middle, and she put it around her neck. This wasn't any ordinary amulet. But with Lovinity's very weak body, Grey could attack and defeat her in an instant. This amulet was her only hope to protect herself in the event Grey goes after her instead of Spirit love.

Spirit Love and Lovinity hopped onto a carriage and commanded the guards to charge forward.

"Yaa! Yaa! To the battle field! Immediate danger is at hand!" Spirit Love shouted to them. The guards rowed up their front hooves and took off as fast as they could to the battle field area.

Grey stood panting over the fallen form of Passion breathing as if he would collapse at any moment. His knives clinked against the ground as he fell to one knee, panting heavily. He had no idea what that cloud of smoke was meant to do, but it had yet to show any noticeable affects. After what felt like several minutes of panting, he finally took a few large controlled breaths of air and slowly released them through his nostrils. As his since of calm returned to him, he took stock of his position. He wasn’t undergoing any changes, and he didn’t feel any weaker, or at least not more than he should be after such a large exertion of force. Passion still lay motionless on the ground, and his once white coat was now more like Lovinity’s coat, if a bit splotchy in certain areas. He also noticed that his own coat, particularly around the hooves and face, had also acquired a bit of its old reddish tint. Though maybe a bit of a deeper shade then he remembered, he couldn’t help but smile evilly at this thought. It was starting to become apparent that he may have acted a tad hastily. He had reason to fear what Passion was trying to do, but he really hadn’t taken all that much damage, and probably could have just evaded the next attack if he really needed to. It was terrible planning and had it had cost him a lot of energy.

He decided to change his attention to Passion, and the few possessions he seemed to still have on him. He ruffled through his stuff and found what looked like a health potion that seemed similar to the one he already had. It looked as though he had a couple other potions, but one seemed to be broken and the other had mixed with some other liquids. Grey had to fight to hold back the desire to cackle madly at this revelation. He instead chuckled lightly as he thought about how sad it was that he had never even gotten the opportunity to touch these. Well he had a feeling that he could put this one to much better use. As he pocketed the unused potion he suddenly became aware that things were rather quiet, considering that there was supposed to be a crowd watching this. He looked up at the audience of ponies that all stared back at him, some even cowering under his gaze. A familiar grin began to spread across Grey’s face at this reaction. He couldn’t be sure how they all felt about the situation, but from what he knew of ponies. He had a feeling that they all believed he was yet another monster come to destroy Equestria, and were quietly rehearsing the “run in circles and panic until someone saves them from the danger” plan. He took another look at Passions condition, and the fact he had probably taken the only life line he had, as far as evil acts went, this was defiantly on the level of the previous villains. It wasn’t at all common for another pony to witness murder. In fact, Grey was certain that this was something considered a once in a life time experience.

Grey collected his knives and slipped them back into their hiding places throughout his coat. He looked up at the crowd again and slowly cantered to the center of the arena. He stood tall and proud as he cleared his throat, to draw the crowd’s undivided attention. He then spoke with a loud theater voice, so as to project his words to as much of the audience possible, “Good afternoon my little ponies! As you have all heard! I am known as Grey! Here before you lay a once proud stallion!” he screamed in an aggravated tone, “Dead!!!”, and then continued in his theater voice, “Now I know you are all probably eager to…Get out of here, but I don’t want any of you to leave without making at least one thing clear!” He pauses to take a deep breath and to allow the tension to build, then in a booming voice, as close to a royal Canterlot voice as he could manage, he yelled, I am not a monster!” His words echoed throughout the arena, until slowly dissipating into silence. His voice dropped back down to theater level, and he continued “I don’t mean this metaphorically. I mean that I am not the bringer of eternal night! Nor am I a god of chaos! I don’t command and army! I don’t even possess dark magic!” He points to the crowd and turned in a wide circle, “I am a Pony! Just like any of you!” He again paused so as to let this fact sink in, before continuing, “This world doesn’t seem to understand something that should honestly be common law! Something that is evil or chaotic is not a monster! Monsters do evil things, and can be chaotic, but they are but a small part of the bigger picture! You don’t need great power to be a threat! We are all capable of being more chaotic and evil then any ‘monster’ could ever hope to be. Why fear the monsters when the pony next to you is far greater threat! Think about that! Is the world really that scary? When you are the scariest thing in it!” Grey stepped up to Passion’s body, then placed a hoof on top of it, “If you want to fear me, then run go ahead and run!” He pressed his hoof into Passion’s body, “But if any of you want to stop me, then come andshow me what a real threat is Ponies!”

(I didn’t fill in the crowd’s reaction as I felt that their control was more up to you then me. I also know Passion is not dead. Grey just doesn’t believe the he lived, or at least is going to live.)

Lovinity and Spirit Love were continuing their mad dash on the carriage towards the battle field in hopes they would arrive in time to rectify the situation. The two guard ponies carrying the carriage were trotting at full pace, shouting at ponies who had stepped in their way, forcing them to move over. Oh what an alarming site that was! Some of the ponies who were shoved out of the way first looked at them, traveling off, with anger and disgust. But after reflecting the urgency that was apparent in their expression and speed, they wondered if there was something wrong.

Lovinity and Spirit Love approached where the battle field was and stopped with a strong halt, almost sending Spirit Love off of the carriage. It was a very hard stop indeed. In fact, they almost ran into other ponies from the crowd that gathered around the field. Ponies mumbled to themselves and then to Spirit Love, asking if they would watch it next time.

"Lovinity, fly up and tell me what you see from the field," Spirit Love commanded in concern... holding her prayers and hoping the situation wasn't bad. Lovinity nodded and flew up a little bit to try and see what was going on.

In the mean time, Spirit Love was carefully listening in to Gray's speech to the crowd, not catching about the part he thought Passion was dead, but beginning to pick up on when he wanted to make things clear.

Lovinity looked out to see Gray speaking to the other ponies, noting that further behind him lay Passion Flower, motionless, injured, on the ground. Lovinity's heart sank and she felt a weight travel along inside of her, almost as if she were to pass out. No. It couldn't be! Passion can't die! She knew Passion was new to the guard but she didn't know he'd be beaten that hard.

"N-no... no no no no!" Lovinity said with a quiver in her voice, trying to hold back tears and keep from panicking. She gently flew down back to where Spirit Love was to report the bad news to her. At this point, Gray was at the part about monsters doing evil things.

"What does it look like out there?" Spirit love asked Lovinity quietly.

"He's... dead," Lovinity tried to push out of her voice with great force and effort. Tears were gently running down her face as she tried to look at Spirit Love, but couldn't. All she could do was hold Spirit Love in comfort, trying to keep string as her mind and soul felt like it was being pulled into a black hole.

"Oh... Celestia," Spirit Love uttered quietly, pausing a moment to let it sink in, making note of Lovinity's crying.

Using magic, Spirit Love levitated Lovinity on to her back and let her hold her neck as she trotted through the crowd, listening to Gray. She tried the best she could using a low voice to get ponies to move out of her way so she could get to the front where the battle field was. After some nagging, she was able to get up to the front to get a close look rather quickly. She gasped at the sight.

"The battle was more intense than it should be in regular combat," Spirit Love whispered. "...at least I think. This pony has evil tricks and intentions. I don't trust a word he says."

"It doesn't matter..." Lovinity replied, still in a state of shock. "He's gone. I'll never get to see him again."

Spirit Love sighed as she observed Grey finishing off his speech by putting a hoof on the unconscious Passion, uttering the words "But if any of you want to stop me, then come andshow me what a real threat is Ponies!"

Spirit Love got angry and huffed, using her magic to set Lovinity down. She whispered to her, "Stay here." After that, with an angry face, she emerged from within the crowd at the edge of the battle field, looking towards Gray.

"The true threat is yourself," Spirit Love uttered sternly as she faced Gray almost emotionless but with a stare. "By being a threat to other ponies, you become a threat to yourself. Remember the law of karma." She smirked as she continued. "What goes around, comes around."

As made his declaration to the crowd a green unicorn mare emerged from within the crowd at the edge of the battle field. "The true threat is yourself, She uttered sternly as she faced him with an almost emotionless stare. She reminded him a bit of himself with the impressive display of control over her emotions, but she lacked the threatening atmosphere to go with it, "By being a threat to other ponies, you become a threat to yourself. Remember the law of karma." She declared with smirk on her face, as if this was the greatest fact in the world she could have presented just then, "What goes around, comes around."Grey wanted to scoff so badly at this, but decided to instead play along with her notion of karma.

He chucked as at first, as if to laugh at her words, but then said in a mocking tone “You do realize that idea works in my favor?” He shifted his tone to serious, “I don't believe in such superstitions, but I want evil and chaos to spread. So, if I went by what you said, then when the day came that all my evil and chaotic deeds came back to bight me. Well...I should be happy, because it would mean that I’d successfully spread evil and chaos to the world.”He laughed evilly, to further mock her notion, and then slowly narrowed his eyes, as he flicked a knife from his sleeve, and brandished it in his hoof. His voice changed to a threatening tone as he asked her, “What makes you think you can take me? You must be pretty confident in your abilities. That or...” his gaze shifted to the body of Passion, as an idea occurred to him. He look at Passion's fallen form, but more specifically, the heart shaped cutie mark on his flank. He then looked back up at his challenger and noticed she had her own heart shaped cutie mark. It suddenly all made since to him, or he at least concluded that his idea was worth testing.

The green mare would notice a look of knowing flash across Grey’s face, the same look would ominously shift into a sly smile, as Grey took the hoof that he had pressed into Passion's body, and began to slowly grind it. This caused a series of sickening popping sounds to be heard, and as he did this he stared right into the unicorns eyes with an icy stare of his own. He then spoke in a bone chillingly voice, "Maybe a more important question is. Why do you care about this Stallion?” Another popping sound is heard as he finishes his question, as if to emphasize his seriousness. Grey was putting all of his energy into looking as cold and heartless as could possibly be. He after all, wanted her to know that he was capable of doing anything to hurt her, and that Passion should be an example of just how much pain he was willing to cause to acomplish his goal. He wanted her to cowar in fear at this display, or to fall into the same trap as Passion, and let herself be clouded by rage and hatred.

(If the battle is active, then Grey uses Psyche out, otherwise it is just a dark threat. Also, I hope this isn't too dark. I know you want me to be easy on the graphic violence, but I wasn't sure what sound counted as. If it is too much I will alter it to be vaguer, though am not quite sure how to do that as it is pretty vague already.)

• 2 weeks later...

// Might as well begin

---PROFILES---

Spirit Love:

Speed: 4. Strength: 9. Energy: 8. Health: 6. Immunity: 10.

Spells/attacks:

*Chakra Spell

*Crown Spell

*basic Laser

*Psychic Spell

Potions:

Healing (1), Affirmation (1), Energy (1)

Gray:

Speed: 7. Strength: 5. Immunity: 1. Health: 8. Energy: 5

Same spells/attacks as before

---ATTACK RESULTS (Psyche Out)---

(Psyche Out is a mental attack and is thus influenced by strength rather than speed)

Chance of failure: 36%

Random number: 24

The attack failed :(

Gray:

Energy: (0+15) 15 / 100

Spirit Love:

Health: 140 / 140

---

Spirit Love carefully analyzed Gray as he replied to her claims about karma. It seems though as Gray was not understanding what exactly karma was, and therefore Spirit Love was getting a little irritated by his inability to understand. Or perhaps maybe he was trying not to understand on purpose so he wouldn't hear about the weakness? Who knew what his intentions were. Grey was one sneaky pony at that.

Regardless, Spirit Love stood high as she looked at and heard Gray, making note of everything he was doing. She was wanting to try and mold her attacks in such a way that it did in fact work against Gray and slap him back in the butt, as karma would say. But then she also had to be careful as karma could also bite her back. See, no pony was immune to karma. Though Spirit Love's temptation was to actually wish for Grey's defeat, she had to be careful and instead hope for the best. If he was meant to be defeated, he will be. If not, then there's a reason he's still around. Spirit Love could do no more than her very best.

Spirit Love watched as Grey went over to Passion Flower and played around with his flank, making those nasty noises as he asked why she cared so much about Passion. She couldn't reply at first, for her only thought was to shoot Grey away from Passion so he'd stop messing with him; What a very disgusting and morbid thing he was doing, she thought. So she quickly fired out a basic laser in hopes it would push Grey away from Passion. And in the mean time, she looked at Grey, angry on the inside but trying not to show it on the outside.

"You don't understand what karma is, do you?" Spirit Love said as she looked at Grey very sternly. Speaking in a slightly calm but yet assertive voice, she continued. "Karma does not return the evil and chaos that you want. It will return the kind of evil and chaos that works against you. Let me demonstrate." Spirit Love looked behind her to where Lovinity was. ...WAS... . But Spirit Love noticed she was missing. "Lovinity?" she asked quietly. She sighed and then turned back around. "You'll know when the time is right so long as you play your cards against others. But note this: If you keep betting your chips and playing your cards on others, you'll eventually run out of chips... because you won't win all the hands. At some point you'll slip up, go all-in when you think you're at the top, and BOOM! Some pony is higher and defeats you. Then... you will regret all the evil and chaos you have put on other ponies."

Meanwhile, this is what happened to Lovinity. At some point she had flown out of the crowd and quickly headed towards the Badlands. There lay the super computer that was responsible for Digital Hazard, a threat to Equestria and especially other ponies' magic. It was his goal to harness the magic for use to strengthen a super virus that would infect the very fabric of Equestria. ...but he had a bit of a weakness in regards to Lovinity. And she wanted to exploit that weakness so she could get him on her side and fight Grey if Spirit Love doesn't survive.

---BASIC LASER ATTACK RESULTS:---

Chance of miss: 36%

Random number: 2

The attack missed

Grey:

Energy: 15 / 100

Spirit Love:

Health: 140 / 140

Energy: (40 + 18) 58 / 100

Grey stood firm under the girl’s gaze, keeping the cold exp<b></b>ression on his face. He had wanted a reaction from her, but she didn’t seem even slightly worried by his words. This mare was either very sure of herself, or…Grey’s thoughts were interrupted as a sudden beam streaked past him. He had anticipated an attack, but her lack of exp<b></b>ression caused him to barely duck under it in time. Grey was thrown off by his opponent’s surprise attack. Perhaps he had gotten under her skin and she was merely hiding it, but he couldn’t be sure of this. He cursed under his breath as he had intended to use the stallion as leverage in his fight, but if she didn’t actually care about the Passion, then it wouldn’t do him much good. He decided that he would need to play it safe and only use him as a last resort.

The mare continued to glare at him with that annoying stern look, as if she were some kind of authority figure. It was starting to piss him off. She spoke again in a neutral, but assertive tone , "You don't understand what karma is, do you? Karma does not return the evil and chaos that you want. It will return the kind of evil and chaos that works against you” Grey rolled his eyes at this statement, “Let me demonstrate." Grey braced himself for an attack at this declaration, but was irked when she she turned away from him to look behind her. She seemed to be looking for something in the crowed, he had to strain his ears, but he thought her herd her whisper something to herself, "La-inity?" It was very difficult to make out, but he thought he herd Lovinity’s name. The mare sighed to herself when she couldn’t seem to find what she was looking for, and turned back around to face him. Grey gave her a mock look of sympathy in response as she continued her monologue "You'll know when the time is right so long as you play your cards against others. But note this: If you keep betting your chips and playing your cards on others, you'll eventually run out of chips... because you won't win all the hands. At some point you'll slip up, go all-in when you think you're at the top, and BOOM! Some pony is higher and defeats you. Then... you will regret all the evil and chaos you have put on other ponies."

Grey chuckled, then laughed loudly, almost hysterically, and then suddenly stopped. He lowered his head and had an almost depressed look on his face. He lifted his head and looked eyes with her, he spoke, but not in his usual patronizing tone, but instead in a calm and serious tone, ”I don’t care. I don’t care what you think my actions will bring on me. Do you think I’m stupid?” He points at himself, then gestures at Passion, “I killed this pony, and I am perfectly aware of the fact I am now a wanted stallion. I know that someone has had to of alerted the guards about what is happening and even on the way here to arrest me.” He stepped towards her, and drew one of his blades from his coat pocket, and held it by its blade, “I am well prepared for this. I wanted this spectacle to happen. I'm not just another idiot flexing my strength to show off. I wanted people to see this, and you know what. Look around you.” He gestures to the crowed, “These ponies should have run in fear ages ago, but instead they are sitting there watching us. They saw a pony die…and none of them have even moved to help him. Are they scared? Maybe, but you know what I think. They want to watch. They want what I want, and that is to see the hero fail, and why wouldn't they? I mean, it is almost common belief that being the good guy means you will win in the end, and up to this point that has pretty much been the case. The Bearers of Harmony have feld one threat after another with reletive ease I might add. Now, a man who stood up for what is right and would usually be practiacally destined to win. Is dead on the ground. The hero…lost. This hasn't happened before, and it is the first sign that things are already changing. So now you have come, another hero has come to stop this strange pony. Now if you succeed. I’m sure that they will cheer and praise you as the vanquisher of an evil monster, but I’m also sure, just like Passion. If you fail. No one is going to lift a hoof to help you. You talk about Karma being a force that gives good luck to the good and bad luck to the bad, but this is the real world. Bad things happen to good ponies,” He gestures to Passion again, “and if you fail here. I can also prove that the villain can get away with it. What do you think will happen if people start to realize just how much power they really have? I said it once, and I will say it again. We are the biggest threats on this world. Calling me a monster is the same as calling yourself one. I am no more capable than any other pony. I have just realized my potential and have no intention to waste it.” He let out a long sigh, “Well I’ve said my piece on the matter. I’ll give you a chance to back down. Walk away, and I will gladly forget a no name unicorn, but if you stay, then you will regret ever coming here.” as Grey finished his speech he stepped off of Passion and sat next to him with his blade held out in front of him. He would stare at her until she gave her response, and was prepared for aviolence, if she chose to lash out at him.

(Mood shift go! Anyway since we retconned what Relentless attack does. Does that mean that Grey's stats will return to normal after three rounds or are they staying at the current level?)

Grey passes his turn.

Archived