Rainbow's Attempt at Explaining Life... (closed)

RainbowFoxxy

RainbowDashthingforFF_zpse1dda7f9.png

Rainbow's muzzle opened in a cavernous yawn as she turned over on her cloud. What a boring day! The only thing that made it cool was that she got to take really long naps on days like this. Summer was ending and Autumn would soon be upon Ponyville. The sky blue mare flicked her rainbow hued tail back and forth off the side of the cloud. She had to think of something to do! She was actually getting board from taking too many naps.

"Geez, what's a pony got to do to have a little fun around here?" She rolled over and sat back, stretching her fore legs behind her head and cracking her neck from side to side. "I know! Scootaloo is always up for a little fun!"

Rainbow took off from her cloud, flying low over Ponyville. She wondered where her little chum had gotten to. Scootlaloo never missed a chance at spending some quality Dash time. It made them both feel special. Scootaloo got to spend time with Rainbow and Rainbow got to feel special because of how much the little filly liked to spend time with her.

"Ok Scoots, where are you?"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Disappointed... that's what Scootaloo felt as she sat on the bench of the park her head hanging low. Around her there were ponies enjoying the last few days of the summer but not her, not now anyway. She and her friends had failed yet another time to get her cutie marks. To make things worse, she tried to fly which ended again in defeat and worse yet almost getting injured in the process. This double dose of bad experience left the little filly feeling upset as she sat alone with her feelings.

"Stupid blank flank. Stupid small wings," Scootaloo replied as she held back the tears. She felt like there was no pony else that could understand her plight, except of course Rainbow Dash. The two had been the best of buddies, almost like an older and younger sister taking care of each other.

"I wish she was here," she said with a sigh. Just then she thought she heard her voice being called, but upon looking around shrugged thinking it was only the wind playing tricks on her.

Ah! There was the tangerine colored filly in question! Rainbow could see her friend sitting on a park bench almost directly below her. She swooped down closer and smiled at Scootaloo just as the filly looked up.

"Hey Scootaloo! What's up!" Dash came to a landing in front of the bench and cocked her head before trotting up to Scoots. Her friend seemed to be a little down today. All the better that Rainbow had picked this day to hang out. She could usually cheer up Scoots when she was down. She came forward, offering her hoof for a friendly hoof bump. "How's it going? You look like someone made a rain cloud down pour on you. It's my job to play practical jokes on you! Somepony else better not be trying to take my job away!" She smiled winningly as she joked, trying to get her friend to brighten up.

"Anyway, I was thinking of taking a little trip to Rainbow Falls... know anypony who might be interested in joining me?" She winked at Scootaloo.

In her deep thoughts, Scootaloo missed one place to look for the voice: up. If she did she would see that Rainbow Dash had been there on a cloud watching her as she moped. Her surprise arrival did shake her out of her depression as the mare she liked seeing the most appeared. There was always a feeling of relief that the filly had when meeting her, not that she was without other ponies to talk to but that Rainbow was special in that she often sought Scootaloo out before the orange Pegasus even thought about finding Rainbow Dash. There was also that calm reassurance that Scootaloo experienced, that feeling that no matter what troubles occurred now or in the future she would be ok as long as Rainbow Dash was there.

"Oh hi Rainbow Dash," Scootaloo said trying to sound happy but still unable to mask her true feelings, "I'm ok I guess."

Hiding her troubles proved futile as Rainbow Dash pointed out how the filly appeared. The joke about the rainbow hued pony being the only one to prank her did put a smile on her face.

"Anyway, I was thinking of taking a little trip to Rainbow Falls... know anypony who might be interested in joining me?"

"Sure," Scootaloo said feeling like anything that she would do with Rainbow Dash was better that being alone and left to her thoughts, "I haven't been to Rainbow Falls before."

Rainbow smiled winningly at her filly friend and lifted her chin with her hoof.

"You look like you could use some adventure Scoots, yep you'll do just fine coming to Rainbow Falls with me!" She flapped her wings and stretched with out a little. "You ever flown through a rainbow before?" Dash took off and did a couple big swoops above the park bench. "It's pretty dang awesome! All those colors and lights. Yeah, it's gonna be awesome!"

She came back in for a landing in front of her friend. "How are those wings doing? Want to use my updraft like we practiced?" The two had flown together many times, but never as far as Rainbow Falls. Dash knew Scootaloo could do it, she just needed the proper encouragement.

It was no surprise that Rainbow Dash could see that Scootaloo looked upset with herself. Not that the filly made much of an attempt to hide the fact. The prospect of adventure and a chance to see a place that Scootaloo had never been to with her number one cool mentor did bring her out of her gloomy mood.

"Sounds awesome. I've seen rainbows of course but never flew thought one."

Her excitement though quickly dulled as she realized that Rainbow Falls wasn't a short trot away. To get there she would have to fly, and this terrified her. What if she crash landed and got hurt or worse lost where not even Rainbow Dash could find her? No, if she was going to have fun with the mare, she would have to put the effort in.

"The wings are doing fine, I guess. I still can't fly but I can hover and glide ok. Yeah, maybe using the updraft will get me there to Rainbow Falls."

"Ok great! Let's give it a try. We can fly a little and trot a little. It might take a while to get there... hey we could make this an overnight!" Rainbow fluttered her wings at the prospect. It would be really fun to sleep out under the stars! Maybe they could have a campfire and roast some marshmallows. It was all sounding like a ton on fun!

"I can go get some sleeping rolls and a few essentials before we go! You good for this adventure Scoots?" Rainbow figured the filly would be. She was always ready to hang out with Dash and the blue mare really liked the filly's company.

"Here, I'll start flapping and see if you can get some lift from it ok?" The trick had worked before. The two had been able to half fly, half glide over a fair distance. "Let's just see how it goes!" Rainbow exclaimed with a smile as she flapped harder, lifting herself a little off the ground. She swooped her wings in such a way that extra air would flow up, hopefully giving Scoots the lift she would need.

The thought of it taking a long time to get to their destination didn't upset the rainbow manned Pegasus. In fact to Scootaloo's delight the prospect of getting there at a longer time even opened the door to an overnight plan! Of course the filly wasn't going to slack off with her flying just to get that wish. She wanted to prove that she was at least practicing her skills.

"That would be awesome having an overnight!" the filly replied as she got up from the bench, all the troubles she had for the moment disappearing, "I'm definitely good to go."

Preparing for a little warm up practice. Scootaloo unfolded her wings as Rainbow Dash began to create some updrafts with her own much more powerful wings. The filly felt her body being pulled up and soon her hooves left the ground! This was the natural way all Pegesai felt and though she required assistance the orange Pegasus felt happy being airborne.

"Alright, I'm in the air, well kind of," She replied flapping her wings as she hovered on the air currents.

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow smiled up at her little friend. Scootaloo was a pegasus and no pegasus could deny the love of flight... even if some assistance was necessary. She flapped her wings a little harder, hoping to give Scoots even more lift.

"That's the way Scootaloo! This is a great time to practice building up your wing strength!" As she spoke Dash took to the air as well. She moved her wings in such a way that Scootaloo would be able to stay with her and stay air born. "I've been storing some stuff at Sweet Apple Acres. I'm sure AJ wouldn't mind if we stopped by and picked up some camping gear!"

Soon she was flying slowly but surely towards the famed apple farm. She wanted Scootaloo to be happy and comfortable with the flying so she made sure to take it easy. "How's it going up there Scootaloo? How's this speed? I can make us go faster or slower if you want?" She asked as she continued to flap over Ponyville.

Even though she wasn't able to do so without assistance, Scootaloo couldn't resist the thrill of flying. Why it was a very natural thing for her just as it was for every Pegasus pony. With a little help from Rainbow Dash she was airborne, albeit not as high as she saw other Pegesai fly but still now above the treetops.

"Yeah, I'll definitely keep flapping," Scootaloo said as she heard of the next destination the duo would visit. Sweet Apple Acres was definitely a place that the orange filly knew as her friend Apple Bloom and the headquarters of the Cutie Mark Crusaders was there. Why, she probably trot there blindfolded by now! Flying though was better as there were no pesky things like weaving around trees or staying on the path. She continued to flap, generating an additional lift as she flew above her friend.

"I'm doing fine Rainbow," pausing her flying for a little as she spoke. She suddenly felt herself dropping, but with a little extra flap she caught the updraft from the rainbow manned mare again and steadied herself.

Soon the pair were flying over Sweet Apple Acres. Rainbow couldn't be sure but it looked like at least one pony was down in the field bucking apples. She wondered if AJ and the other Apple family members might be around.

"We made it! Great flying Scoots! Let's land over by the barn." She nodded towards the large red structure and began an easy decent.

It wasn't long before they were on the ground. Rainbow trotted over to see if the barn was open. She was in luck, it was open! She pressed the big door further to the side and glanced around inside. It was a little dark and gloomy but she could make out where things were easy enough.

"Now...where did I put that camping gear? You see it anywhere Scootaloo? Sleeping bags, a tent, a stove... that kind of stuff."

At last Scootaloo could see the familiar red barn amongst the endless span of apple trees. She started to make her descent, but then she realized that even though she was gliding she was going down too fast! The orange filly tried flapping her wings to slow her speed but to no avail. Finally the Pegasus pulled up as best as she could and braced herself for the inevitable. The filly then touched down, rolling into a ball of orange and coming to a stop inside he barn just a few feet away where Rainbow Dash stood.

"Ugh, gotta work on the landing part," she said standing up and shaking the dirt from her body.

"Now...where did I put that camping gear? You see it anywhere Scootaloo? Sleeping bags, a tent, a stove... that kind of stuff."

Scootaloo looked around the barn, searching for the items. There were lots of things there, carts for hauling apples, extra barrels for cider, even some outdoor toys of Apple Bloom. Yet there was no tent or anything else to be seen so far. Poking around some crates and squeezing through a space that only a filly her size could do so she saw two sleeping bags, a bag holding tent pieces and a little stove.

"Hey Rainbow Dash," she said in a voice muffled behind the boxes, "I think I found them. I'm behind these crates."

HappleBloomBanner_zps996468fa.png

Apple Bloom was becoming a bigger and bigger pony every day that passed, and that meant only one thing. Well, that was a lie. It meant a lot of things to her but the most important thing was...well, she was going to say learning something new on the farm but she wasn't so sure. Getting her cutie mark was also really important, probably more important to her most of the time. But today she was still doing something important! Still being a great little-big Apple pony learning big Apple pony things. Soon she would learn all the things that could be learned at Sweet Apple Acres and her sister would be proud to have her along during harvest, side by side bucking apple trees. This was just another step towards that day, even if it was a bit boring. Her mind had wandered once or twice due to that, but she redoubled her efforts and concentration every time!

Her job was to count every apple tree that was ready for harvest and then divide them into four categories. Applejack had drilled the differences between them into her head again and again. Prime meant they could denude them of apples day one, no problem. Beta trees needed just a bit more time, but could naturally follow the prime trees. Charlie trees needed to have the amount of apples on them noted as well as their location so Applejack could take a closer look. Sometimes they could be harvested soon, other times they needed to wait longer and could even miss the season if they became or were in all honesty the fourth type, Dire trees. Dire trees were called such because they were dire news. Very few apples or very small ones were a sign that the tree was very unhealthy. They didn't have too many of those, thank Celestia.

So Apple Bloom counted them to and fro what seemed like all day long, finally trotting back towards the barn with a filled notepad clenched in her teeth. It had taken hours to do the north orchard alone but she was confident Applejack would pat her on the back and tell her nice job! Maybe she'd even get a cutie mark because of it. Apple counter wasn't really what she had thought would be her one true special talent, but she had done such a good job that it just had to be! All things told she was pretty excited as she trotted into the barn, humming pleasantly to herself through the notebook. It was then that she heard Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo spleunking around, forcing the littlest Apple to spit out her notebook on a barrel.

"Rainbow, Scootaloo, whatcha'll doin' here?” Apple Bloom asked sweetly as she trotted forward a bit, happy to see her Crusader friend and Dash but more than a little confuzzled by what could bring them here.

"Rainbow, Scootaloo, whatcha'll doin' here?”

"Hey Apple Bloom!" Rainbow pulled her head out of the corner she had been looking around in. There was dust all over her head and cobwebs stuck between her ears. She shook this off and then... "HUH HUH WAAAACHOOOO!" A tremendous sneeze escaped her muzzle. She sniffed and smiled. "Whew! A little dusty in some of these corners!"

Dash trotted forward to meet Apple Bloom and raised her hoof for a hoof bump. "We're looking for my camping gear. Your sister told us we could store it in here but I can't remmeber where I put it... either that or somepony moved it out of the way at some point. It was like at least a couple months ago that I put it in here...you seen any sleeping bags or tents around here Apple Bloom?" Rainbow asked the question hopefully, wondering if Apple Bloom would want to join them on their adventure.

Scootaloo didn't hear Rainbow Dash respond to her call. Perhaps having herself being buried those boxes. Well, looking at them closer they weren't actually camping supplies, just bags of things. She couldn't blame herself as the barn did have its dark corners even with the sliding door wide open. She was about ready to check a new section when she heard another familiar voice: Apple Bloom. The filly looked like she was diligently counting something with her clipboard and just wandered into the barn. It wasn't a surprise as the filly was bound to meet at least one of the Apple family there.

"Hi Apple Bloom," Scootaloo said as she popped from her hiding place, her coat now more of a light brown with all the dust, "Yeaah, we were looking for camping gear like Rainbow Dash said. Guess you didn't find it either huh Rainbow? Hey, are you up for camping? We're going to Rainbow falls. I never been there and it sounds like a neat place."

They were looking for camping stuff, eh? Apple Bloom didn't doubt that they would go ahead and decide to rough it. Earth ponies and pegasi were like that, more willing to rough it out in the woods or sky depending than their unicorn counterparts. Had to give horned ones a good reason to spend the night in the dirt! Not that you could convince every single earth pony to camp. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were probably not gonna hit the woods any time soon, sadly enough. In any case, Apple Bloom was a bit puzzled as to why they needed her family's camping gear. Rainbow Dash should have some by now, right? It wasn't like camping was purely the purview of the Apples now. It seemed odd that the only mare in town besides Applejack who had camping gear was Rarity! No matter though. Apple Bloom covered herself from Rainbow Dash's violent sneeze as Scootaloo asked if Apple Bloom wanted to come with them. The filly replied by shaking her head and then started to climb the ladder to the loft.

“Sorry Scootaloo, but Ah'm still doin' mah chores,” Apple Bloom said from the loft, her voice carrying as she started pushing a large hay bale aside, “gotta count all the trees and all the apples in 'em. That way we know how tha harvest is movin' along and something about a statishtish- statistac- stat- number model so we know how tha farm is doin',” Apple Bloom finished as she finished pushing the hay bale, revealing their hidden camping equipment. Well, at least what they kept out here. The Apples had more privately made camping equipment inside the house but she didn't figure it would be smart to offer that up. She'd never seen Big Mac violently defend his heart-patterned sleeping bag and she wasn't about to give him reason to, but she knew that if push came to bite he would make sure it wasn't used by anypony save for himself! Apple Bloom motioned Rainbow Dash over as she knocked the last of the pieces of straw off of the older, but still workable, camping gear they had stored out here. “Here ya go Rainbow! We keep'm hidden nowadays. Somepony broke in a few weeks ago an' stole a whole set of it. Applejack wanted ta install a bear trap, but we worried 'bout Granny Smith on account of her sleepwalkin'. Need any help with it?”

Rainbow quickly spread her wings and flapped up into the loft. Her eyes were still a little watery from all the dust. She shook her head to clear the last bits of cobwebs from her forelocks and lighted in the loft. There was the camping gear! It looked old and well used but serviceable enough. She trotted over to where Apple Bloom was standing and smiled at the little filly.

"You guys sure take your apples seriously...I didn't even know you counted every one of them! But hey, if it makes for better cider do what you gotta do!" She patted Apple Bloom on the back. "That's a big job counting all those apples Apple Bloom. Your sister must trust you a lot to let you have such an important job!" Rainbow knew how much it meant to the Crusaders have an older filly trust them with an important job.

With that she hefted a sleeping bag onto her back and trotted to the edge of the loft. She called down to her filly friend. "Hey Scootaloo! I'm gonna drop some stuff down, think you can catch it?"

scootalobannerLux_zps79c43853.png

Scootaloo groaned when she heard that Apple Bloom couldn't come. Sure, the orange pegasus could understand that the earth pony's family needed her, but counting trees? There were hundreds, no, thousands of trees out there! How can one pony count them all! It didn't sound like fun at all nor did it sound even practical! What if she lost count somewhere in the endless orchard? She'd probably have to start over counting.

"Er... ok. Have fun with your... counting trees. You're not planning on counting the apples on each tree too, are you?"

It was funny that despite the two being Pegesai, Scootaloo and Rainbow Dash didn't think about the one place where they of all pony types could look: up. Of course Scootaloo didn't expect the camping gear to be stored in the hay loft, because that place was used for, well hay! Luckily Apple Bloom knew exactly where to look and with a quick trip up there and moving some bales of hay revealed the secret location.

"Thanks Apple Bloom," the filly replied as Rainbow dash flew up to retrieve the necessary gear.

"Hey Scootaloo! I'm gonna drop some stuff down, think you can catch it?"

"Sure I can," Scootaloo replied as she waited. It was going to to be something small she would try to catch, right?

Apple Bloom beamed, and not just because of the praise. Just mostly because of it. Fact was that it was an important job, even if Scoots seemed to poo poo the whole shebang. If you knew how many trees were in working order and knew how many apples were being produced from each viable tree, you could look back at what had been counted before. Look back far enough and compare what happened in the past and soon you could find patterns. The Apples had long used data to try and get the most out of their farm, and creating some sort of formula to predict what the crop may be years from now if they took certain steps now could be a big, mammoth deal. So yeah, a pretty big job that her sis had hooved to her and she was darn happy to be doing it. It did cut some of her Crusading time short but she'd get her cutie mark some day, some how, and preferably sooner rather than later.

“Y'all are welcome. As for this makin' for better cider- it probably does! We know now just how many days each and every apple has before it starts to go bad, all those little sweet spots to get tha best cider. It's a real important job 'cause now we know what we can harvest an' when tha rest'll be ready, an' in tha future we'll be able to predict when an' how much we'll be gettin'! Hoovy groovy if ya ask me, even if Ah do hafta count every apple in every tree, Scoots” She replied with a satisfied air about her, winking excitedly at Scootaloo. Just as she finished the two pegasi decided to make a little game out of catching the supplies. Seemed a bit silly to her but then again it did tick her competitive fancy a bit and pegasi were naturally silly birds anyway.

“I betcha five bits Scoots'll catch it!”

Rainbow beamed as Apple Bloom spoke of better cider. She patted the little filly heartily on the back. "You just keep at it then Apple Bloom! I'm sure you and Scootaloo will have plenty of stories to swap when we get back from the falls and you finish the count! Maybe we can swap them over some cider."

The sky blue pegasus stepped to the edge once more.

“I betcha five bits Scoots'll catch it!”

"I'm always up for a bet but I think she'll catch it too!" She winked at Apple Bloom before looking down for a moment to gauge the distance. Then Rainbow kicked her hind legs up in a buck. The motion caused the bag to rocket off her back out and then downwards. "Here it comes Scootaloo!"

The bag was headed for the ground as Rainbow turned to grab a bag with a tent inside in her teeth. It was stuffed in such a way that the poles were inside the tent fabric, making the bag soft enough if not a tad heavy. "Here comes another!" She spoke around the bag handle in her mouth as she trotted to the edge. After sending that one down she came to the bag that had the lantern, some cooking utensils, and various other useful but somewhat pokey or possibly dangerous objects.

"I think I'll just fly this one down myself." She winked at Apple Bloom and and lifted off the loft floor. Soon she had landed beside Scootaloo on the floor of the barn. "How's it going? You ready to head for the falls?

Great, now Apple Bloom and Rainbow Dash were betting on whether Scootaloo would be able to catch everything or not. Now the filly really had to focus on catching the falling objects. Before she could say anything the first bag came down. It was a sleeping bag so it was luckily soft enough to not cause major injury but still big enough to smother the orange Pegasus if not careful. She caught it and propped it on her back, thankfully not unrolling in the process. Before she could recover another bag came sailing down. She grabbed it but upon taking a step her legs buckled and caused her to collapse under her.

"Ugh, did you two win the bet," Scootaloo asked muffled under the tent and sleeping bag.

Watching Scootaloo collapse under the weight of the sleeping bag brought an unintentional chuckle out of Apple Bloom, the foalish glint of dangerous satisfaction in the face of harm taking a bit out of her. It helped that Scootaloo was okay, even if a bit shaken up. Abby hopped down next to her friend and helped pick her up, making sure she wasn't broken. You couldn't return a broken Scootaloo to the friend store for credit or the newest and niftiest model they had, you know. Her Scootaloo was gonna be a camping pony tonight and for the life of Apple Bloom she wishes she could go but Rainbow Dash was right on the nose. This was a task she had been given by her big sister precisely because Applejack knew Apple Bloom would treat it with the proper reverence that she treated all of the really important jobs at the farm with. It might have seemed sillt to Scootaloo but if it was important to the family it was important to Apple Bloom. She pulled everything off of Scootaloo and made sure her friend was in good health before allowing her chuckle to grow a bit louder.

“Well, Ah guess we all won that one. Y'all okay Scootaloo? How many hooves am Ah hold'n up?” She waved her hoof in front of Scoots' face, putting all the camping materials together and binding them back up into an easy to carry around bundle, “gotta make sure yer supplies are all a dandy. Don't want it ta go flutterin' away on account of yer pegasi wings battering them with all manner of heavy winds you two. Make sure ta keep it all in one piece. Ah'm sure that Applejack an' Big Mac wouldn't mind lendin' 'em out but they probably wouldn't want to find out 'bout this because the gear is all ruined. If y'all see any beavers make sure to give'm a hug for me- Ah was supposed ta fetch'm some sort of heavy wood but Ah'll be frank, Ah don't even know what that means...Ah better get back ta ma work! See ya later!” Apple Bloom ended cheerfully, grabbing her little notepad and trotting back out to the orchards to continue her work.

(Exit: Apple Bloom.)

• 2 weeks later...

Rainbow lighted on the floor of the barn and helped to pull the camping gear off Scoots. As Apple Bloom tied them up, Rainbow offered a hoof to help the other pegasi up. Then she took the bundled camping gear and tossed it onto her back. She reached around and used her muzzle to grip the straps that would tighten the parcel around her middle. Once it was all set she winked at Apple Bloom.

"It's too bad you can't come on this trip Apple Bloom but hey, there's always next time!" She held up her hoof for a bump to the earth filly. "We'll be sure to say hi to those beavers for ya Apple Bloom If you see your big sister around tell her I'm ready for another race whenever she's not messin' around with farm stuff." She smiled, knowing how much work it was to run Sweet Apple Acres. She was thankful to the Apple family for providing her with...CIDER!

"Maybe when we get back we can stop by for some cider?" She called after Apple Bloom as the filly left the barn. "See ya later!"

Then she turned to Scootaloo. "Ok, you all ready to go Scoots? I was thinking we could stop by a couple more places in town to pick up some snacks for the trip. What do you think? Stop by Sugar Cube Corner?" As she spoke Rainbow headed back outside. She squinted in the bright sunlight and then began trotting through the farm. She thought she could see Apple Jack and Fiona way off in the distance.

"Any other ideas for food to bring?" She asked Scootaloo as they trotted under the Sweet Apple Acres entrance sign.

Scootaloo, buried under the mountain of camping gear heard the sounds of hooves moving around her and a little chuckle from her friend Apple Bloom. She couldn't get mad though as it was kind of funny. The items weren't that heavy enough to hurt the filly but big enough to cause her to collapse. Right as she recovered from the sunned dropping of items the two ponies freed her of the stuff allowing her to stand up.

“Well, Ah guess we all won that one. Y'all okay Scootaloo? How many hooves am Ah hold'n up?”

"Thanks you two I'm ok, guess I didn't realize how heavy they might be. And I can see you waving your hoof in my face so you don't have to worry. I can see."

Scootaloo was secured to the gear, now firmly on her back to prevent any roll over accidents or her legs giving out again. She then heard that Apple Bloom on top of helping her siblings with counting apples also was helping a family of beavers! The filly sure had the strangest things to occupy her time.

"Yeah, cider sounds great Rainbow Dash. Anyway, see you later Apple Bloom! I'll be back in time for meeting you and Sweetie Belle in school. I'm ready to go Rainbow Dash."

As the two trotted out of the farm, there was one thing that was missing from their gear that was very important: snacks. The rainbow manned mare mentioned something at Sugarcube Corner, always a great place to stop. Beyond that though the filly wondered where else to go.

"I don't know, maybe some veggies from the market?"

Thanks Steel for playing! If Rainbow agrees to the market I can put Carrot Top in as a cameo.

(I'm good for the market :) I also asked Quicklime if she wants to bring Rarity by)

"I don't know, maybe some veggies from the market?"

Rainbow cocked her head to the side at the mention of fresh veggies. "Since when does a filly want fresh green stuff over sugary treats?" She laughed and trotted alongside her little friend. "Sounds good though. That's the stuff that will give us energy for all the fun camping stuff I have planned for us!"

As the two were making their way towards the market Rainbow glanced up at the sky. "Looks like we're gonna have to camp out somewhere half way tonight. I don't think we can make it all the way to the falls from here in half a day. It's no problem though! We can set up camp whenever we feel like it!"

Soon they were on their way to the market. Rainbow had always liked looking around at the various stalls. She wasn't as quick with the math as some ponies like Twilight but she did have a knack for finding a good deal.

"I'm thinking some carrots and some fresh daisies. That sounds so good! What do you want to get Scoots?"

Archived