I don't know what to do with my time anymore...

Starfox64x

So i'm kind of in a meh mood as far as being creative with my time is concerned...I just dont know what to do with my free time... sure i could play any assortment of games in my library, but i really want to work on doing something fun and productive that might lead to something more...

I use to carve out stamps a long time ago, thought i could sell them from time to time... but it was very time consuming and detailed work... and even though it was kind of neat, trying to make a profit on them was difficult...

pony_stamps_by_starfox64x-d486m82.jpg

I use to do a lot of writing too... both fanfics AND actual attempts at writing novels... but i never thought i was any good... and i got a little butthurt when my 'I'll make a bad clop fanfic as a joke" fanfic actually got more views in a DAY than the epic well thought out fanfic that i put my heart into did in months...

More recently i tried making Bleached Tees, which i thought was fun. A few friends were really interested in getting some and i sold a few... but so far i'm getting no buyers on my Etsy page, and trips to the flea market are fruitless....

https://www.etsy.com/listing/179029563/custom-bleached-my-little-pony-shirts?ref=shop_home_active_1

And finally i thought i'd try my hand at Let's play and Video commentaries... and although i get a few views here and there i'm not getting any feedback as to how well/poorly i'm doing or how i can improve... I'd LIKE to continue it... but i dont know where to go cause i'm getting no feedback even though i'm getting a dozen or so views on each...

And so now i'm just kind of sitting here... contemplating spend $300 on a Wii U to kill time even though i want to be doign something to be MAKING money instead of SPENDING it... That would be amazing to find something i like doing that earns me money, even if it's just a little bit here and there...

IMO you are focusing way too much on "Will I profit" and not nearly enough on what makes things that are creative/unique spark...Passion.

If you are just looking to make money, go get a job at walmart/ mcdonalds/ any other retail place so you have a steady cash flow and only do projects and art that you are passionate about WHEN you are passionate about them, not simply because you WANT to make money off them and are disappointed when the money doesn't roll in.

You should ASK for advice on your Lets Plays, but also with lets plays keep in mind you are throwing your videos out to a massive, big scary sea of lets plays, and you have to KEEP working at it, you will not make ONE video and become Markiplier.

Your shirts are very nice by the way, but too expensive for me for a shirt not officially licensed by Hasbro, maybe you should try other designs/techniques that have NOTHING to do with ponies but are instead your own unique designs and ideas.

IMO you are focusing way too much on "Will I profit" and not nearly enough on what makes things that are creative/unique spark...Passion.

If you are just looking to make money, go get a job at walmart/ mcdonalds/ any other retail place so you have a steady cash flow and only do projects and art that you are passionate about WHEN you are passionate about them, not simply because you WANT to make money off them and are disappointed when the money doesn't roll in.

You should ASK for advice on your Lets Plays, but also with lets plays keep in mind you are throwing your videos out to a massive, big scary sea of lets plays, and you have to KEEP working at it, you will not make ONE video and become Markiplier.

Your shirts are very nice by the way, but too expensive for me for a shirt not officially licensed by Hasbro, maybe you should try other designs/techniques that have NOTHING to do with ponies but are instead your own unique designs and ideas.

As far as profit goes... well that's kind of what i want in the end... Its mostly that i want to create something that others enjoy, but i also I want to do something that gets me some extra money, nothing much, just enough to pay formy time... I got a decent job that pays well enough, and as for just passion... well... i've kinda lost my passion for most things... i dont enjoy things like i use to... probably cause i'm so worried or upset about a lot of things... but i can always find something entertaining, that's not the problem, i want to make cool things for other people to enjoy and possibly make a few bucks for my time... but i dont feel like people enjoy it or i dont enjoy it myself enough to want to keep doing it... Like my writing; i had this huge fanfic idea that i thought was super amazing and it got nothing... then i write a joke clopfic about apples making ponies horny and that suddenly get's MASSIVE amounts of attention... it was really annoying that something i jokingly made for spite got so much more positive feedback than something i put my heart and soul into....

i think that may be it... i try so hard with something new, i get excited, i put a lot of effort into it and put myself out for the world to see and i literally get NOTHING as far as feedback's concerned... or i feel it becomes hopeless...

Have you thought of taking up programming? It's easy to learn and fun sometimes. Once you get passed screaming like a banshee cuz the computer can be quite the grammar fanatic.

And I actually knew someone who grew pretty popular with lets plays. And he dropped some enlightenments The secret behind getting to be popular on youtube is to generally be the FIRST to cover a video over something new. Try looking for beta access to a game somewhere, somehow. Alpha even. Do some cover over it. But keep it entertaining not a tech demo. You will generally generate a large mass of watchers with just that one video. Also pay attention to comments. What leads people to a lets play video is to watch the gameplay in real time, rather than the commercial which is often full of sunshine and lies. They will generally ask what specs your system are as well. Weather or not you can keep them is hardly dependent on your abilities.

Once you start generating more views, Your videos will start appearing closer to the top of the search. This means you are on the right track. Next step is apperance. Make your video's icon look interesting. Put some passion behind it. Same for your wall. Make it passionate.

Or you can treat it like DA, and poop out a lot of work and you will eventually come out to the front page. Even if it looks like there was no effort.

I seriously suggest the first one though.

Have you thought of taking up programming? It's easy to learn and fun sometimes. Once you get passed screaming like a banshee cuz the computer can be quite the grammar fanatic.

And I actually knew someone who grew pretty popular with lets plays. And he dropped some enlightenments The secret behind getting to be popular on youtube is to generally be the FIRST to cover a video over something new. Try looking for beta access to a game somewhere, somehow. Alpha even. Do some cover over it. But keep it entertaining not a tech demo. You will generally generate a large mass of watchers with just that one video. Also pay attention to comments. What leads people to a lets play video is to watch the gameplay in real time, rather than the commercial which is often full of sunshine and lies. They will generally ask what specs your system are as well. Weather or not you can keep them is hardly dependent on your abilities.

Once you start generating more views, Your videos will start appearing closer to the top of the search. This means you are on the right track. Next step is apperance. Make your video's icon look interesting. Put some passion behind it. Same for your wall. Make it passionate.

Or you can treat it like DA, and poop out a lot of work and you will eventually come out to the front page. Even if it looks like there was no effort.

I seriously suggest the first one though.

I figured as much... being one of those people who jump in on something first usually get more attention... but i wonder to myself if i really want to do that... i can't really talk and play at the same time...

I think most people just watch for reactions. Or to say "at least I am not as bad as him." Because let's face it. Pewdiepie isn't really the best gamer in the world. He has the hand-eye coordination of a rusted brick, and probably the jumpiest person I have seen, with Markiplier following in second.

But it's something that will come to you with time. Look at all the starting videos of popular lets players. But. If you are going to play online. Please... for the love of celestia, turn your settings to push to talk when you are recording. There has been so many occasions I have ran across youtubers where they would talk indefinitely about some boring junk.

More specifically Future Warfare in a Dota match.

Archived