Small question about Cutie marks

Hey. I was wondering somethign, and yes, this is for CC.

My newest OC, Moonshadow, is basically a Shinobi. For his cutie mark i plan to make it mean various things. A sword for his expertise with a blade, a shurokin for his expetrise there ect. Is this allowed?

In simple terms, can one cutie mark mean a whole lot of different things?

Also something that i need to ask, and as not to make another thread i thought i would ask it here

In CC, there is no 'killing' right, and that includes NPC's?

What are the boundarys with that rule?

I think you'd have to come up with a singular concept. To demonstrate: I think it works if the character has a cutie mark of a sword and shuriken to represent a general passion/talent for bladed weapons that could work, however if they have distinct parts of different weapons I would call that too close to having multiple cutie marks. I imagine it would be awkward in play, if not overpowered.

Personally though, I would take a different approach altogether. Particularly in a setting like Equestria, if I were to make a ninja I would focus on the stealth/subtlety/infiltration side of things more than something like weaponry. It's a bit more in line with the themes, it's a bit more interesting in play, and it gives the character a wider range of options in a given scenario.

As to killing: so far, I've only seen it in a couple of backstories, and in both cases the characters were (former) military. I think the idea is that killing is technically allowed, but can only be used very sparingly, though I'm not in a position to say for certain.

It's another reason why I think a ninja should focus on the stealth side of their occupation more than the violent one.

Adding onto Derp...

Most of the vocations that a pony takes up is usually based on the real world. And not anime.

I don't think you'd really want your character to be a ninja if you want him souly for combat. Ninja's weren't well known for being excellent fighters. Sure, they developed a fighting style using farming tools. They were usually farmers who weren't in a military faction. But they weren't ever able to face anyone for long in combat without any cheap tricks. Unless you want him to be good at stealth and deception.

A sword-dancer would probably suit what you are thinking of more. A more acrobatic "mock" fighting style, and adaptable to just about any balanced blade. Your pony could just weaponize it and make it dangerous. As it isn't uncommon for the dancer to first learn how to use the sword they are dancing with.

As for Cutie marks.

A sword and Kunai would imply he's got a passion for weapons. Not being a ninja, which would probably be something you pick up as a job.

Archived