Missing Magic Mayhem! (Interest Check)

Lux

Hello All!

Are you looking for an adventure in Ponyville, one of mystery and possible danger where your actions determine the safety of Ponyville? Well I have something for that!

The premise is Lore Weaver, head librarian of the Royal Castle of Ponyville Library, upon receiving a shipment of books from the library in the Castle of the Royal Pony Sisters, discovers a forbidden spell book destined for Twilight Sparkle's restricted library has gone missing! He must enlist the aid of others to find it before its spells are used!

All are welcomed to join. What we definitely need is a pony (especially a unicorn) who can appear later in the thread that will have the book and innocently try to use it. Cast characters are also welcome, but please have one of a certain cast pony running around. Can't have two Twilights or Pinkie Pies running around.

So if interested let me know! I look forward to having fun with this epic thread!

I volunteer Flux as the one to have the book, if that's fine for a changeling to be using it. She's disguised as a unicorn, so it would make sense to see her doing magic.

As the the actual body of the thread, I've got two or three characters I could see helping out with the search. I say two or three because the third option is a bit iffy as to why he would be helping. The ones I had picked out were my unicorn, my griffon, and my dragon. Pyro, the unicorn, would do it simply because there are innocents in danger, Tehengu, the griffon, would be there either because he was getting paid or because he lives somewhat close to the town and would rather it stay intact, or some combination of the two. The only reason I could see for Aranak, my dragon, to be helping is to either take the book for himself or because he would be getting paid for the retrieval.

Now that I'm back to posting daily...I could join this....But who would I use?

Pocket Change would make sense...Considering he's a unicorn and he's part of the mage's guild...But I've been using him alot lately...

Maybe Fire Walker..Would be wise to get the R.E.A involved in this...

Hmmm.

Can't have two Twilights or Pinkie Pies running around.

Nah, we need hundreds of Pinkies! Thousands!

Hm, I think the closest thing I have to an investigator in my roster would be Earth Writer, my reporter character, which could work quite well. Would be nice to have a thread where I wasn't playing Blueblood, at least.

Well, I could volunteer Misty Magic as the unicorn who tries to use the book. She'd have the perfect reason for using it since her own magic very often backfires (sometimes creating very amusing results..). Misty could have got the book hoping to FIX her 'magical misfires' permanently, and of course, using the book and failing BIG TIME.

Her grandfather is Professor Hoofcourt 'Starswirl' Magic who could later secure the book and keep it safe for Twi and/or he could be called upon to help investigate too!

Up to you, Lux!

:D:D :D

Wow! Thanks for the outpouring.

I think one character per person for this thread would work nicely, so whoever you choose would be fine.

I think Mojo that Misty would be a good culprit in this case. Much as I also like the idea of a Changeling trying to steal a book Pyro, I think that it being an innocent mistake gone wrong would work well for this. However Pyro you can feel free to include one of your characters for the search. Misty will come later in the thread as the one who has the book, and feel free to unleash whatever comes out of it. The way I imagine this book, this thing is like that book in Inspiration Manifestation that Spike gives to Rarity, a very powerful and dark magic laden book.

Keep in mind though that even if you all know who the culprit is here we should keep that a secret from your characters.

Ok. I will start the thread soon!

Yes, DerpRavener there is room for you as we haven't started yet.

And Pyro you can certainly have one of your characters join the search party.

Right, Misty will appear later so right now it's a game of find the book. I can make it that the book can respond to other pony races as well.

Well I'm sure Tacobob will post soon. Yes, the post order will be as it is currently unless someone cannot play at a certain time.

Probably should give everyone a chance to post before continuing Pyro. The first post is always the hardest, as it introduces the character and sets there place in the story. Though it doesn't matter too much since it was a simple response. I just didn't want a whole nother round of posting to start. I'm still working on my first one and it sort of involves all the posts made so far.

Ok, so here is the current order:

Lux -Lore Weaver

Pyro- Tehengu

CrazyScion- Quickshot

MoonshineTheleocat - Java

DerpRavener - Spring Breeze

Rackenhammer- Earth Writer

TacoBob - Fire Walker

I think six ponies (and griffon) is enough for this event. Mojo will post later with Misty which I'll do later.

Ok. Looks like Tacobob is next and then I will respond. It will take time responding though as there are several ponies and griffon here.

Archived