Through a Glass darkly... (Investigators Wanted!)

Well, with Nightmare Night coming up, I thought I'd come up with an appropriately atmospheric thread idea, and I have an appropriately themed character that will just fit the bill.

The basic idea is this: Mister Glass, as he is known, has a reputation, even among his fellow illusionists, for being a lover of the esoteric and enigmatic. But lately, as Nightmare Night draws closer, there have been hints of something larger in his shows, perhaps something more sinister, even as they grow more impressive...

But what is really going on behind all this smoke and Mirrors? That is what you, the investigators, have to find out!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't have any actual investigators, but I'd volunteer any of my characters... actually, Flora wouldn't work well, I don't think...

Anyways, I'd be willing to use any of my characters, if there's a place for any of them.

I should probably say, any character that would be intrigued at a mysteriously hinted-at show, and curious to find out more afterward about its main star will be welcome.

And the thread is live!

I'm going to try an experiment as regards to pacing this thread; each of my posts will give you a clue, and a mystery. As you interact with yourselves (and, when you find him, with Mr. Glass), you can bring up possible explanations, and if they are clever enough, I'll post with the next step. I know that it's frustrating to try to read the mind of a GM, so I'll keep my own ideas in my back pocket, and let you try your hand at reconstructing the puzzle.

The quicker you can get to a satisfactory answer, of course, the faster you will progress. If you're really stumped, let me know and I'll drop you a hint. Just a warning, though, the longer you take, the more time Mr. Glass gets to do as he likes, which may well be far from what you like...

The first mystery, if you didn't catch it, is what the poster mean by 'The Tower of Eyes.' The name is also a clue, but what could it symbolize? I'll leave that to you, gumshoes!

Hm, I like these suggestions! They're even better than what I had in mind originally. I'd post the next step now, though I should like to give Crazy Scion the opportunity to come into this thread first. Keep in mind, I'll accept investigators coming in at later stages as well.

Now would be a wonderful time. I will work for the post right away.

EDIT: Aaaand done. I admit I didn't expected to finish this soon. If you wish so, I can extend this post so Squall can explain why this suggestion and not the other.

Alright, the next step is up. I don't want to pour too much cold water on you, Ciraxis, but I found the reasoning behind the idea of it being a lighthouse a little too thin. Plus, from a pacing perspective, it was just a little too conspicuous for the first performance of Mr. Glass. I plan to have the investigation follow his "show tour," as it were, with the venues escalating in scale and spectacle.

Hopefully I've left it at a good point for any other investigator to join. Also, in subsequent posts, feel free to show your methods of investigation as well as your theories, it will save me a lot of god-moding on my part to move the story along.

As for the next clue? Oh, it's in there, you're just going to have to look closely for it...

I've fallen a bit to far behind on RP as of late. I got sick last Monday and only got better yesterday. I have started working on RP again, but I have a few things to do. If you wish to continue without me. I'll simply drop out. I never posted anything, so it shouldn't hurt the story. I am again sorry for the delay I caused.

Oh, that's alright. Depending on how this thread turns out, I may make this a long-term "campaign" with multiple performances, so you may get another opportunity to sign on. Otherwise, good luck!

Spring and Flux moved over to sit with Night just before the show started, Lux. It might not have been clear in my post, but I thought it was in Derp's. Oh well, you must've just overlooked that part, honest mistake.

Archived