What the best song from rainbow rocks

starlightchaser

I actually wasn't too fond of any of them.

They all sounded rather similar which irks me. Furthermore they went the safe route and made them more or less strictly pop music based.

The only one that I felt was unique and still sounded good was Awesome as I Wanna Be. But even that wasn't up to snuff in my opinion.

You're all crazy. How has NOPONY mentioned Shine Like Rainbows? The solo lines in that song, particularly the ones sung by Ashleigh Ball, were INCREDBLE. Not to mention the amazing instrumentals... Although for strict non vocal sound, my favorite would have to be the theme song. The guitar riffs and background keyboard/drum diddies were simply marvelous. I liked all the songs though-- in fact, I was a really big fan of that entire movie ^_^

I'd probably rank them as such:

1. Battle - mostly on the back of Kazumi's great intensity on the lead vocal. The backing vocalizations are pretty sweet too. It starts down tempo and ominous and builds up in a fun way. It's an attention-getter for sure. The one I came away from watching remembering most.
  2. Shine Like Rainbows - has probably the most interesting lyrics by far. Rarity has a solo line. Just really catchy and solid pop song that I could (and probably will) listen to a lot in coming weeks.
  3. Awesome As I Wanna Be - It's the most rocking thing in the film, and it's based around a great subject--the undeniable awesomeness of Rainbow Dash. It's a shame that they kind of treat it like a throwaway. If there was a little more to it it could have been the best thing in the film easily.
  4. Rainbow Rocks - strong theme song. Like AAIWB, it legitimately kinda rocks.The rock instruments are nicely pronounced like they should be at least. The lyrics are barely there, but it's a strong tune regardless.
  5. Tricks up My Sleeve - Trixie's VA really isn't the best singer, but in parts (especially the chorus) she's able to hide it with charming phrasing. It's a little obnoxious, but it's pretty much Trixie distilled. The lyrics are really cute. I can understand why the full song was not included in the film... but at the same time it is a lot more interesting than a lot of the tracks that were.
  6. Under Our Spell - I love Kazumi's voice and it's as rich as ever here. Her voice is really the most interesting thing about it though. Doesn't outstay it's welcome, but it kinda is just there.
  7. Welcome to the Show - it really serves its role in the film... but on its own as a song, it kinda doesn't come together as well. I really love everything after the drum bit, once Sunset starts singing though. Second half of the song is better than the first.
  8. Shake Your Tail - kinda empty and repetitive piece of pure pop, but admittedly catchy enough. I can't be too mad at it. It's also one of only two songs in the movie that gave Rarity a solo line, so it has that going for it.
  9. Better than Ever - The melody isn't terrible... but yeah, this song just feels completely uninspired. Lyrics come across as really vacant and thrown together. Doesn't do anything memorable or interesting. really feels like filler.

Archived