Festival of Horrors (See OOC for sign up)

LunarRelic

The Nightmare Night festival is well under way when out of the Everfree Forest comes... Spiders the size of ponies!

"Spiders Everypony run!" could be heard as ponies could be heard fleeing to the safety of their homes..

Lunar Relic walks into Ponyville returning from one of his research trips to see the abandoned festival "What the heck happened here?" he asks himself walking into the town square where he sees a pony pop his or her head out of their window. "Don't go out there!" they whisper "There are spiders from the Everfree Forest that will eat you!" he warn Lunar who of course thought the pony was crazy! "There is no such thing as giant spiders that will eat you" Lunar chuckles walking to the grounds to see one of the large spiders he then screams and runs to his shop and slams the door. "Wait!" the spider yells "We don't... *sigh* all we want to do is join in..."

"okay" Lunar says panting "I was wrong there are huge spiders from The Everfree Forest that want to eat ponies!" Lunar sulks down hoping that they could not see him through the windows of his shop. 'Just don't move Lunar' he says to himself hoping they would move on...

Aranak was resting on the roof of a building, trying to catch some sleep while the ponies celebrated their Nightmare Night. The dragon didn't care much about the festivities, and they were actually annoying him a bit as he tried to sleep. In retrospect, he could've picked a better napping spot, but he was already settled in now and he didn't feel like moving.

Then came the sound of screaming ponies, which made him smile a bit as he opened an eye to see what had happened. Giant spiders? That was interesting, but nothing really of importance to him. Still, he got to his feet slowly before making his way inside a store that was currently uninhabited. It's not like the spiders posed much of a threat to him, but he would rather avoid the nuisance they would pose.

He had to bend over to fit himself inside the building, though once he was he moved off to the side, shutting the door with a flick of his tail as he settled down again, closing his eyes to rest again.

Of course, it didn't take long for the door to open again, just long enough for a pony to enter and shut the door again. Aranak opened his eyes and watched the pony with a look of boredom and slight annoyance on his face.

His mother was visiting a friend of hers not to far off so he had thought to come by here. Rakon was at the Nightmare Moon statue, one that he found cool. He had figured out that for some reason the ponies dropped candy in front of this cool looking statue. He had no idea why. He certainly didn't mind taking some of the candy. There wasn't much candy yet, he guessed since it was early in the night. He did pick up some of the candy to put into his belt pouches. one piece that he picked up he decided to eat, wrapper and all. He didn't know that with some candies that ponies wrapped them and unwrapped them before eating them. He found the candy within far more tasty then the outside (wrapper) of the candy.

He heard some ponies screaming off to one side, in the direction of where the pony town was. Curious he flew up into the air, turning to look in the direction of where he heard the screaming coming from. What he saw surprised him, giant spiders in a pony town and the ponies screaming and running into buildings, that he assumed were their homes.

Wondering what was up he decided to fly over closer to the town to see what was up.

Lunar finally pulled himself together and looked out the window. If the spiders meant harm surely they would have caused more ponies to scream by now. bravely he opens the door and walks out to see one of the spiders crying? Lunar felt bad for the large arachnid and walked up to it "Are you okay?" he asks the spider who turns to look at the maroon unicorn "Me and my friends didn't mean any harm we wanted to join in with the others on the festivities but when we arrived everyone ran and hid for some reason." it replies looking around. Lunar Relic felt bad for them, they must not have known what would happen, "Oh I see..." Lunar replies "Well most ponies are frightened of anything from The Everfree Forest and spiders normally creep them out too. So I guess you can see why having large ones like yourself just walk out of The Everfree Forest might scare them" Lunar explains the spider looks at him with a look of mixed emotions "Well aren't you scared too?" it asks him "I mean having large spiders must be scary, I mean I saw you run too!" Lunar looks at the Spider with a warm smile "True but unlike the others I knew if you were a bad thing other stuff would have happened by now. So I decided to see for myself why you and your pals were here and from the sounds of it it's just a big misunderstanding"

The pony took awhile, but she eventually turned her head slowly to face him. He simply watched as the mare predictably locked up in fear for a while. After a good while of nothing happening, the mare relaxed somewhat.

"A-aren't you g-going to hurt m-me or s-something?" She asked, which was met with a growl from the dragon. "Umm... Would you please leave my shop?"

"I haven't decided yet." Aranak replied simply, causing another worried look to pass over the mare's face. "And no, I won't leave yet."

There was another few minutes of silence, and he could see the mare was getting angry. Her anger must have clouded her thoughts, as she demanded he leave, then charged him when he once again refused. She didn't get far before she was held aloft by the neck in one of his claws. He then choked her into unconsciousness before letting her drop to the floor unceremoniously.

With an annoyed growl, he left the building and saw a stallion talking with one of the spiders. It seemed one of the ponies here had a backbone.

Rakon hovered above the buildings. All he could see was a male pony talking to a spider. Some other spiders that looked like they were not doing stuff to make ponies run away. Some were doing various things, but nothing that looked like bad things. He thought it best to maybe go over to where the male pony was who was talking to one of the spiders. Maybe they knew what was going on. He flew off in their direction. Maybe it was part of some sort of game, when the spiders come in run, pretending to be scared, and run home. Confusing, yes, he would go and ask those 2, surely they would know what would happen.

Lunar Relic glances over as he sees the whole shop scene in the window before turning back to the spider "Will you excuse me for second?" he says walking over to the shop as he passes the dragon he wonders what had happened but knowing best not to get involved he just walks on over to the passed out mare and hoists her on his back with a grunt "oof" he grunts as he walks out and back to the spider he was talking with "What happened?" it asks him "don't know what that was about but right now I need to get this pony to the hospital" Lunar says to the spider "I will be back soon you can wait here or you are welcome in my shop. it's two buildings north of Sugar Cube Corner entitled Lunar's odds and ends" the spider nods and heads for where Lunar had directed him as he heads for the Ponyville Hospital and drops the mare off telling the nurse what he had seen before leaving to return to the town. He enters his shop to see the spider he had befriended along with the other three Lunar a startled a bit at all of them being in his shop "Oh hay Lunar." the Spider says "Thanks for inviting me in hope you don't mind I brought some of my pals"

Lunar looked at them and smiled "As long as you don't make a mess I am cool with it. You are probably better here anyways, if word gets to Canterlot about this I am afraid the results will be... quite horrible for most."

The stallion soon enough went inside the shop Aranak had just exited, soon coming out with the mare on his back. Whatever, the dragon didn't much care what happened to her now. He simply flew back onto one of the roofs and began watching the scene play out again. As the stallion was inviting the spider to stay in his house, Aranak's attention was diverted to another dragon in the area. This one was younger than him, but it was still well into it's development from a baby. Interesting, but what was this dragon doing? He was flying towards the shop the pony had just entered, it seemed. Whatever, that dragon could do what he wanted.

Rakon landed. He had seen the male pony and the spider he was talking to go into buildings. Separate ones then the male pony eventually went into the same one that the large spider had gone into. He was still curious what was going on. As he walked by a table with what looked like an abandoned bowl of liquid with a large odd shaped thing in it.

Lifting the odd looking thing he saw it must be some sort of serving spoon. Being a little bit thirsty he grabbed a cup and poured himself a cup full of the liquid. He sniffed it, it smelled like some sort of fruit juice, with ice cubes, thought it was an odd color. He drank this then was about to serve himself another one when he noticed one of the large spider was nearby and looking at him.

"Thirsty?" Rakon asked. The spider didn't look like it was angry or being scary or anything. He thought why not pour it a cup. He put his cup down and poured another up of the drink, whatever it was and handed it to the spider. Then he pored himself one and drank the cup looking in the direction of where he had seen the spider and male pony go into.

"Excuse me. Pour yourself more if you're thirsty." HE said to the spider. He didn't see any pony nearby so it seemed the bowl are had been abandoned and he did want to ask the pony and or spider what was going on. He sat down his cup once he was done and went in the direction of the building they had gone into, pausing to grab a few cookies to eat that he saw on a tray on a table that he passed by on the way.

Lunar Relic looks at the spiders and then at the door "Well I am going to head out and see if everypony is okay and not dying of a heart attack. I know it wasn't intentional but you gave the town quite the scare. I will be back soon hopefully." Lunar Relic opens the door and heads outside and looks around he sees Rakon with one of the spiders and walks on over "How are you two doing?" he asks the two with a relaxed look. He was happy to see another citizen welled up the courage to talk to one of the spiders he then turns to the spider who was looking rather confused "I was talking with some of your buddies and I know you guys did not mean any harm by coming here to the party. I hope you can excuse everypony's reaction... they are not used to having visitors from The Everfree Forest." He looks to the spider who asks the two a questions "Aren't you two sacred of us?" he asks "I have been through worse searching for some of the things in my shop. where I have to go giant spiders are the least of my worries. heck I a few of my research trips turned out to be almost like one of Daring Doo's adventures! So a few spiders won't creep me out. Startle me maybe but that's about it." Lunar replies 'unless I am tired to the point I am almost sleep walking' he chuckles in his head

Well, that other dragon was with a spider and the pony now. Aranak stayed where he was on the roof as he watched the meeting take place. He let out a snort of laughter as the spider asked the two if they were scared. He didn't know about the two that were actually talking to the spider, but these things didn't scare him at all. He'd seen worse. The real question was what he was going to do now. He likely wasn't going to get any rest with these spiders around, so he decided to just watch the happenings down below from his perch on one of the roofs.

Rakon looks over at the new arrival. "I'm doing ok, and you?" He asked the pony. He guessed this pony met giant spiders and dragons every day. Often enough so he was use to it. Or perhaps he was just that relaxed all the time.

He shook his head to the spider's question. "I was a bit surprised at first. Not everyday you see giant spiders wondering around, but I've never really had any problems with giant spiders before." He said. "My mother's mentioned having encountered some giant spiders before." He said.

"Hmm." He said thinking. "If you want to just join in the party that as going on here maybe this pony can explain to the other ponies. Maybe starting with whichever ponies are leaders or very influencial." He said indicating Lunar with one hand as he talked to both of the others with him. "They may trust what you say more then if either of us did that." He said indicating the spider and himself with one hand.

Archived