Sunset Shimmer?

Honestly, the one thing I dislike about the Equestrian Girls story arc is that Sunset Shimmer's internal conflicts haven't been met with a satisfying conclusion. Rather than becoming part of the mane 6, I'd love to see her reconcile her issues with Princess Celestia. It feels like she's craving redemption for her past problems, and as if she isn't able to move forward without reaching a conclusion to said problems. It'd be awesome to see her return to Equestria even temporarily to explore that unfinished arc.

That said, I'd love to see more of her. She is arguably one of the most in-depth characters in the MLP universe. I think it'd be awesome for them to acknowledge her in the main series, even a little bit.

I would welcome it. A friend of mine is mildly annoyed that Rarity is the remaining unicorn in the group, so maybe Sunset Shimmer being part of the group will even things out, with Alicorn!Twilight to lead them all. Though, Sunset Shimmer has more of an established life in the human world and Im not sure how in Equestria she would be welcomed back. It would be sweet if she made an appearance in Season 5, and even more interesting if she made amends with Celestia.

And what would her element be? Redemption? Forgiveness?

• 2 weeks later...

In EqG world, sure. She practically is already there in my opinion. Going back to Equestria and joining the Mane six though? i think that would be a bit of a stretch. I think for now, the key to her continuing her arc of redemption is in staying where she is.

Archived