Ask Rackenhammer!

Blueblood

Hello, Canterlot!

I've seen some other members set up these threads from time to time, and they looked like fun, so I figured I'd give it a go!

Just a caveat, no personal details will be revealed, of course. But besides that, I'm open to any questions.

Also, I have a few areas of expertise, if you want to take advantage of what I've learned about a few subjects:

1. Geography: University major and field of work. Not just a matter of where things are, but being able to explain why they are there, and not anywhere else. Also included are maps and general cartography, in case you were curious.

2. Books, fiction and non. If you're looking for a reading recommendation, I've got you covered.

3. Wine. A hobby of mine, not near as incomprehensible nor snobbish as many people suppose.

4. General trivia. I have a mind like an air filter; any stray scrap will get picked up, and sometimes it prohibits air flow.

Ask away!

My avatar is Blueblood because I'm his player both in WOE and CC, plus I have more fun playing him than any other character I've got in my roster right now.

Ooh, favorite Victorian author... well, Arthur Conan Doyle is technically Late Victorian, though he kept writing well after her reign. I've tried multiple times to get into Dickens and Thackeray, but I always had trouble with them; I prefer tighter to looser construction of books, hence my gravitation to the mystery writer. I tend in that case to prefer Edwardian-era writers, at least in terms of English literature.

My avatar is Blueblood because I'm his player both in WOE and CC, plus I have more fun playing him than any other character I've got in my roster right now.

Ooh, favorite Victorian author... well, Arthur Conan Doyle is technically Late Victorian, though he kept writing well after her reign. I've tried multiple times to get into Dickens and Thackeray, but I always had trouble with them; I prefer tighter to looser construction of books, hence my gravitation to the mystery writer. I tend in that case to prefer Edwardian-era writers, at least in terms of English literature.

(Slight suggestion. Quote the person who asks, so they can get a nofication.)

1. Ah, that would make sense. If playing Blueblood is anywhere as near fun Rping as he is writing, then from my fic reading experience, I can agree!

2. Ah, I see. Dickens can be a... bit hard to read. *Glares at the Pickwick Papers for being such a long one.*

Well then, one, technically two, more questions! Ever read Les Miserables? If so, what did you think of Waterloo?

Well then, one, technically two, more questions! Ever read Les Miserables? If so, what did you think of Waterloo?

No, I never got through that tome. I prefer Alexandre Dumas to Victor Hugo, as far as 19th century French writers go. I don't think the Count of Monte Christo is all that much shorter than Les Miserables, but it goes at a much better pace, and has less digression.

Favorite

comic book

writer?

Not a huge reader of comics, my favorite writer that'd done anything major in that line is probably Neil Gaiman.

Do you play any dungeon crawling games?

No, not in pen and paper, anyway.

CCGs?

Ooh, no, at any rate, not any physical ones. I used to make a regular thing of trying all the new digital ones that were coming out, but I can never find the time for them these days.

Archived