Feature Length My Little Pony Movie!

Lux

Hello all,

So while on Facebook I got several messages about a feaure length MLP movie.

Click Here for More Info!!!

Not much is known except for the fact that it is slated to be in 2017. Does this mean Friendship is Magic will last until then? Will it be a movie perhaps for Generation 5 (whatever that may be)?

I get a little leery about a movie being made not because I think it will turn out bad but because once a franchise goes to making a movie that is the highest point a series can get. One has to wonder where the series would be after the movie.

Still I look forward to this news and especially that it will be released in a wider set of theaters.

So what do you think about this news?

Meghan seems to imply here that it's G4 still, thankfully. Which makes sense. I don't think an untested MLP gen would be worth the risk of putting out as a feature film.

I don't think it's really news that G4 will last until 2017. It's been a huge game changer and money maker for Hasbro, and I believe it was last year that they stated they had plans for the brand for the next five years. As to whether this will represent a peak of sorts, that's hard to say and will ultimately be a more subjective thing.

As for my thoughts on the news, I think it's great to get some major pony news as its been unfortunately scarce for a while. I know a pony movie that wasn't Equestria Girls was a thing a lot of people wanted and I can certainly understand why. It's an announcement for something that is three years off however, which is kind of hard to get too hyped for. I probably would have been more excited at the long awaited news of when we're for sure getting season five.

I have high hopes for this though. If I had one concern it's that they didn't go with one of the regular show writers, but someone new who has worked on a major studio film before. While this could be good in some ways, I just hope the guy understands the characters and is able to write them well. That Meghan and likely others from the show itself are involved, does keep me optimistic though.

Huh, interesting. Didn't hear about this until now. (then again, I'm not on EQD that much) But 2017? It must be something big if it's that far off. Makes you wonder what it's going to be about. Either way, I'm excited. (even though I'll probably forget about it in the three years I have to wait :P )

-glances at The Last Airbender movie-

-raises brow-

Ok, that was a bad exception. :razz:

What I meant this movie relating to G5 is that this movie could close the curtain on Friendship is Magic and open the door to a new series. Kind of like a passing a torch from one group to another. The reason why I say this is that since this movie will be released in 2017 which would be in line with Season 7 or 8 depending on when they are released, that's pretty far in the life span of a series.

Now I'm not all gloom and doom about this being the end of the series as I believe this movie will be a bridge to a new series. Guess we'll have to see if it's true in 2017.

Archived