Your cutie mark

kamerad

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds like an awesome job! For a year or two I was thinking Marine Biology, actually.

Plus, that cutie mark sounds pretty amazingly cool looking! I mean, a scythe! What can beat that? You can pretend you're death! Although the starfish might ruin it..... Maybe you are only one Death that deals only in starfish? Maybe there are millions of Deaths that only deal with specific areas....Like a Lion Death! And a Bird Death! Maybe even an imagination death, or the death of innocence... Not an innocent, but actually innocence!

Sorry, my imagination got away from me, but I'm back now! And I have an idea, which I always love. I'll have to go scribble it down super quick right now!!

Lol, with the scythe I'd be the Death of weeds. My farmer boss had me use his big ol' scythe to cut down a field of tall reeds that had eluded his attention during the height of the season. Seriously, three swings and I had a giant pile of reeds rake dup behind me. The scythe is now my favorite tool ever xD.

As for the starfish job; it's not so awesome during Winter. February in Maine, and I'm standing outside sorting a big load of star fish, wearing flannel-line jeans plus long-johns, a thick Carhartt jacket; even with insulated industrial gloves my fingers get numb by the end of the session. The thin splashes of water that get on my boots actually freeze over it's so cold.

But other than that, the job ain't so bad :P

Lol, with the scythe I'd be the Death of weeds. My farmer boss had me use his big ol' scythe to cut down a field of tall reeds that had eluded his attention during the height of the season. Seriously, three swings and I had a giant pile of reeds rake dup behind me. The scythe is now my favorite tool ever xD.

As for the starfish job; it's not so awesome during Winter. February in Maine, and I'm standing outside sorting a big load of star fish, wearing flannel-line jeans plus long-johns, a thick Carhartt jacket; even with insulated industrial gloves my fingers get numb by the end of the session. The thin splashes of water that get on my boots actually freeze over it's so cold.

But other than that, the job ain't so bad :P

Beware weeds, for Han Valen, Death of Weeds comes bearing his scythe! Resist and you will be destroyed! Beg for mercy and you will be destroyed! Give him a cookie and you will survive!

Seriously though, I would LOVE to use a scythe! It sounds so cool!! If you ever get to use it again, promise me you will wear a cloak and a hood and whisper creepily because that would be AWESOME beyond belief!!

Ohhhhh, that sounds uncomfortable and cold! You should get those hand warmer thingies and put them in your gloves! I am soo glad Winters are pretty mild where I am ^-^ I think last winter was the worst we had, but I don't know for sure cause I know nothing about weather.. Except that I would like to control. I'd make it warm most of the time and make it winter ONLY for December, 'cause you gotta have a white Christmas

Beware weeds, for Han Valen, Death of Weeds comes bearing his scythe! Resist and you will be destroyed! Beg for mercy and you will be destroyed! Give him a cookie and you will survive!

Seriously though, I would LOVE to use a scythe! It sounds so cool!! If you ever get to use it again, promise me you will wear a cloak and a hood and whisper creepily because that would be AWESOME beyond belief!!

Ohhhhh, that sounds uncomfortable and cold! You should get those hand warmer thingies and put them in your gloves! I am soo glad Winters are pretty mild where I am ^-^ I think last winter was the worst we had, but I don't know for sure cause I know nothing about weather.. Except that I would like to control. I'd make it warm most of the time and make it winter ONLY for December, 'cause you gotta have a white Christmas

Oh our last winter was terribad. It snowed well into April, and didn't stop completely and melt until mid May. But Summer was relatively normal, though it stayed a little too warm for most of September and October.

And now now, we silly humans can't control the weather :P There's an equilibrium to be maintained solely by Mother Nature (even if we are usurping the balance intentionally or not >.>)

Oh our last winter was terribad. It snowed well into April, and didn't stop completely and melt until mid May. But Summer was relatively normal, though it stayed a little too warm for most of September and October.

And now now, we silly humans can't control the weather :P There's an equilibrium to be maintained solely by Mother Nature (even if we are usurping the balance intentionally or not >.>)

I like snow though. I can stay inside, light a candle, and pretend it's a fire. Also, I can make snowballs and hit people in the face with them >=)

What if I was Mother Nature? O-o

I like snow though. I can stay inside, light a candle, and pretend it's a fire. Also, I can make snowballs and hit people in the face with them >=)

What if I was Mother Nature? O-o

Well of course, snow is great if it doesn't dominate the land for six months! :wail: Can't argue with the snowballs though...plus I've got a small but amazingly warm wood stove to heat the house, so that's awesome.

Well of course, snow is great if it doesn't dominate the land for six months! :wail: Can't argue with the snowballs though...plus I've got a small but amazingly warm wood stove to heat the house, so that's awesome.

Six months is waaaaay too long! There needs to be fall so that there's crunchy leaves and spring for all the growing things and summer for laying out in the hot sun reading a book and eating ice cream!!

I am jealous of the wood stove, though. We have am electric one, but I love the smell of burning wood. It's just so delicious! :)

Six months is waaaaay too long! There needs to be fall so that there's crunchy leaves and spring for all the growing things and summer for laying out in the hot sun reading a book and eating ice cream!!

I am jealous of the wood stove, though. We have am electric one, but I love the smell of burning wood. It's just so delicious! :)

Tell me about it! Thankfully this summer was normal, and only got stifling hot a few days out of the season. But we had a terrible summer a few years ago where it rained and was overcast for like three or four weeks straight. That had screwed with everyone's moods.

Yes, I love the smell of wood too. Best of all we occasional roast marshmallows with it and make s'mores. Good times; the thing makes Christmas and Thanksgiving parties cozy too.

Mine would probably be the "N"-shaped lightning bolt like you see on warning labels. I've always been fascinated by electricity and I actually used that as a personal symbol of mine since I was a kid (er, foal). A similar reason why my RP pony has it.

Tell me about it! Thankfully this summer was normal, and only got stifling hot a few days out of the season. But we had a terrible summer a few years ago where it rained and was overcast for like three or four weeks straight. That had screwed with everyone's moods.

Yes, I love the smell of wood too. Best of all we occasional roast marshmallows with it and make s'mores. Good times; the thing makes Christmas and Thanksgiving parties cozy too.

Yeah, I like it when Summer is only a few degrees above Spring heat. And sunny, it has to be sunny!! Raining is no good in summer :(

Ohhhhh! The whole family sitting 'round the fire roasting marshmallows! I wish my family gatherings were like that. I mean, my family's fine, but not the type to gather round a campfire for very long. Plus, there's no one my age at those things. They're either way younger or way older XP

Oh well, no more complaining for me. I like rain, but not for days unending. That's just too depressing and grey O-o

The Wu-Tang Clan logo, because they gave me a deep love of one of the few subjects I have any knowledge of: hip-hop.

Yes! Gotta love the good ol' Hip-Hop.

Yeah, I like it when Summer is only a few degrees above Spring heat. And sunny, it has to be sunny!! Raining is no good in summer :-(

Ohhhhh! The whole family sitting 'round the fire roasting marshmallows! I wish my family gatherings were like that. I mean, my family's fine, but not the type to gather round a campfire for very long. Plus, there's no one my age at those things. They're either way younger or way older XP

Oh well, no more complaining for me. I like rain, but not for days unending. That's just too depressing and grey O-o

I don't mind rain in summer as long as there's a thunderstorm to accompany it; otherwise it's just boring. But required still; need all that rain for our crops.

Heh, I myself don't know many other people my age. All of my cousins that are my age actually live five states away, since we moved from NJ to Maine when I was nine. But we have lots of friends up here that hang around the holidays, so it all works out.

I don't mind rain in summer as long as there's a thunderstorm to accompany it; otherwise it's just boring. But required still; need all that rain for our crops.

Heh, I myself don't know many other people my age. All of my cousins that are my age actually live five states away, since we moved from NJ to Maine when I was nine. But we have lots of friends up here that hang around the holidays, so it all works out.

Ohhh, yes! Thunder and lightning or else it's not worth it. Lots of booming and cracks and cuddling up under a blanket to watch the lightning out of a window! That is the best ever!!

Rain is good for the land, it makes flowers grow and then it's all so pretty! Plus, it's fun to walk in the rain and splash in puddles. All right, I've decided! If I ever can control, weather, rain is staying :D

I was the youngest in my family for years, but then several baby cousins were born and POOF! Although they're never there at Thanksgiving gatherings. I usually go with my mom's side on Thanksgiving, and I never see the baby cousin on that side there O_o

Oh my, I couldn't even imagine moving! I don't know what I'd do if I had to live my town. Although I suppose if you're young then you don't have all those damn teenage hormones screaming at you, nor do you have the solidity as an adult having lived in one place for twenty or so years. But still, moving at any age is tough, especially if it's that far away and you're moving from family.

It is good you see your friends on the holidays, though. I don't really, I spend all my time with family. This year it's gonna be super weird because of something that happened recently. I think I'd rather stay with my friends, but what can I do? They're my family and I love 'em, however much I may deny it sometimes.

Ohhh, yes! Thunder and lightning or else it's not worth it. Lots of booming and cracks and cuddling up under a blanket to watch the lightning out of a window! That is the best ever!!

Rain is good for the land, it makes flowers grow and then it's all so pretty! Plus, it's fun to walk in the rain and splash in puddles. All right, I've decided! If I ever can control, weather, rain is staying :D

I was the youngest in my family for years, but then several baby cousins were born and POOF! Although they're never there at Thanksgiving gatherings. I usually go with my mom's side on Thanksgiving, and I never see the baby cousin on that side there O_o

Oh my, I couldn't even imagine moving! I don't know what I'd do if I had to live my town. Although I suppose if you're young then you don't have all those damn teenage hormones screaming at you, nor do you have the solidity as an adult having lived in one place for twenty or so years. But still, moving at any age is tough, especially if it's that far away and you're moving from family.

It is good you see your friends on the holidays, though. I don't really, I spend all my time with family. This year it's gonna be super weird because of something that happened recently. I think I'd rather stay with my friends, but what can I do? They're my family and I love 'em, however much I may deny it sometimes.

I recall going with the move with a 'alright, cool' demeanor. I'm generally an 'any way the wind blows' kind of man. And even during the years I lived up here, I've lived in three different houses (including my current one). First one I didn't have a problem moving out of, since it was still in town. But then we were forced to move out of town, which meant I couldn't go to my old elementary school any more. That had actually taken it out of me; plus the new school being horseapplesty in comparison didn't boost my mood. Still sucks living in this town sometimes too; it's not even a town really. Just a bunch of scattered houses with one or two governmental buildings; the boonies basically. The one neighboring has a downtown and main street and everything.

But anyway, ignore my complaints lol. It's not as bad as I made it out to be. Just incredibly dull.

I recall going with the move with a 'alright, cool' demeanor. I'm generally an 'any way the wind blows' kind of man. And even during the years I lived up here, I've lived in three different houses (including my current one). First one I didn't have a problem moving out of, since it was still in town. But then we were forced to move out of town, which meant I couldn't go to my old elementary school any more. That had actually taken it out of me; plus the new school being horseapplesty in comparison didn't boost my mood. Still sucks living in this town sometimes too; it's not even a town really. Just a bunch of scattered houses with one or two governmental buildings; the boonies basically. The one neighboring has a downtown and main street and everything.

But anyway, ignore my complaints lol. It's not as bad as I made it out to be. Just incredibly dull.

Ohhh, that is not the attitude I would take. I would be more like 'Oh, HELL NO!!!' Of course I sincerely doubt my parents would've moved us. They were pretty set in our house by the time I even came along.

Why did you guys have to move again? I mean, was there extenuating circumstances? (And now I feel smart for using that word!!)

Well, it can't be too dull. Aren't there any people you like around there?

Ohhh, that is not the attitude I would take. I would be more like 'Oh, HELL NO!!!' Of course I sincerely doubt my parents would've moved us. They were pretty set in our house by the time I even came along.

Why did you guys have to move again? I mean, was there extenuating circumstances? (And now I feel smart for using that word!!)

Well, it can't be too dull. Aren't there any people you like around there?

The circumstances weren't terrible, but not happy either. We at first merely vacationed to Maine for nearly a decade, and I have good memories of all the different cottages we stayed at, and the prime places we frequented. But after life in the New Jersey suburbs became too stifling for us, my folks made the decision to move up here. The only stressful part about that really was driving the U-haul truck for like thirteen hours with my dad; but most of that was okay as we just listened to AC/DC on the way up xD

And it's not all that dull. There's exciting instances; for example, near the end of one winter the snow was finally melting. And we go to a nearby farm to pick up a share of food we order from them (usually dairy products). So with all the snowfall, they had to stake their fences in the snow banks around the pasture so they wouldn't be buried. Unfortunately when the thaw came, the stakes melted right out of the banks, thus enabling the cow herd to escape and start fooling around on their driveway xD. So I became a very brief cow herder for about ten minutes, helping out the man of the farm. That had been fun, especially when I had to chase one of the steer that had broken from the herd on its own.

The circumstances weren't terrible, but not happy either. We at first merely vacationed to Maine for nearly a decade, and I have good memories of all the different cottages we stayed at, and the prime places we frequented. But after life in the New Jersey suburbs became too stifling for us, my folks made the decision to move up here. The only stressful part about that really was driving the U-haul truck for like thirteen hours with my dad; but most of that was okay as we just listened to AC/DC on the way up xD

And it's not all that dull. There's exciting instances; for example, near the end of one winter the snow was finally melting. And we go to a nearby farm to pick up a share of food we order from them (usually dairy products). So with all the snowfall, they had to stake their fences in the snow banks around the pasture so they wouldn't be buried. Unfortunately when the thaw came, the stakes melted right out of the banks, thus enabling the cow herd to escape and start fooling around on their driveway xD. So I became a very brief cow herder for about ten minutes, helping out the man of the farm. That had been fun, especially when I had to chase one of the steer that had broken from the herd on its own.

Maine? I don't think I've ever been there.... And I've never really listened to ACDC either. What're they again, rock? If I was stuck in a car with my dad for nineteen hours he would be dead and I'd be in a mental hospital begging the voices to stop talking to me O_o

.....You got to her cows? That is so cool! I have to say, I'm jealous to the billionth degree! Herding cows.... LoL That sounds freakin amazing :D

A circle of flowers with a set of spalttered colours residing in the middle. The circle represent the hope of community I hope to one day bring to people, the flowers mean happiness-references!-and the colours represent artistic expression and mixtures of different styles and ideas that I only dream I can achieve and inspire later on in life.

But if its based on what I am best at, then..I can't really decide since I am not entirely sure. Kind of ok to bad at most things I do.

Maybe I sound corny and prentious or fake...I dunno.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived