Love to make some Pals

RetroOutro

About Myself: Writing, Drawing, Anime, Poodles, Baking, Reading, Audiobooks, Podcasts

How I found Canterlot.com: Google

How I became a fan of MLP:FiM: A lot of people were talking about it. I watched episodes in secret on my iphone and fell in love with it during the first season.

My favourite main cast pony/s: Miss Rarity
Ponies, I have a problem. I moved to a new town and recently tried making friends a group of people. It's been slow going and I still feel like an outsider after two weeks, but I figured it would take some time. Well, one of the people started talking poorly about bronies as a group, and I meekly pointed out there were being mean, and they went on a tirade. I tried to argue that it's just like any other fandom, with bad fans and good fans, but basically it ended up with every echoing that bronies were terrifying, nasty, creepy, and one of the people said were glad they didn't go to meetups I went to if I was a brony. ( This was a chat group for an IRL writing group. )

I asked if they could just drop it, and then left. I came back last night and tried to act friendly, sharing cute pet photos and stuff, but no one has posted in the group since then. ( It's usually very active.) I'm really upset because I wanted to make friends in my new town. I'm not even that hardcore of a brony ( I went to see Rainbow Rocks and Equestria Girls in theaters and buy the comics, but I don't draw art and this is only the second time in my life I've posted on a pony forum. ) but even if I was, should I keep it a secret in nonfandom company? These guys were all into scifi and D&D and comics so I thought they'd be open minded... (sighs) Anyways, I don't really have anyone to talk to now. So...

TL;DR I'd love some pony pals. We don't have to be friends or anything, but just having some people to talk to, exchange notes about whatever, etc. would just make me feel a lot less vulnerable and insecure. I'll check out some of the other intro threads later, but I just really had to get this off my chest. Who knows, if I end up making a lot of great friends here, maybe the awkwardness and anxiety of yesterday that convinced me to reach out will turn out to be a good thing.

Stuff I like: I prefer comedy, fluffy, cute, sweet. I also like grimdark for original stuff ( Horror Games, Horror Podcasts like Chilling Tales for Dark Nights or No Sleep ) but I really love my ponies and want them to be happy and safe haha, so I get if that's your thing but I tend to shy away from it. Some of the pony remixes I've listened to are really cool. I spend several hours a day writing fiction and drawing, but I'm still not a professional level yet. I have a weird affinity for academic lectures. I love comics a ton. I have a puppy who I just discovered yesterday likes wearing clothes. o.o Nice to meet you!

<insert wide smile here> hello and welcome to canterlot.

As for your problem I do not have your answer, but if you would like help finding it feel free to message me. Even if it is just some random rave about some other pony.

And I'm slightly interested in what your artistic side has to show if you want to share that too~

Welcome to Canterlot!

Do not fear InSaNiTyCaT is here! Your problem may seem daunting but do not worry! My opinion is to just ignore them or keep it a secret. Everyone has there opinion so don't worry!

I'd love to talk too! Roleplay, draw and more! I'll be in the FFA- free for all section! Pop a PM my way and I'll happily bring light into ypur day!

Don't go too InSaNe though! Toodles!

<3;):Luna:

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

With your problem, you should stay away from those people UNLESS one of them starts to reconsider. People are people, no matter what they say, and if one seems sincere enough, you should give him/her a chance.

Either try that, or you can try these responses to each of these (which I maaaay have encountered...):

Hater:"It's a little girl show. Grown men shouldn't be watching. Bronies are gay. You're a <censored>. <other insults like that>"

List of responses I would give: "Prove that it's a little girl's show. The creator said it was actually intended to be a family show.

Why shouldn't we? Is it because we need to be very aggressive and need to be rude and mean?

Is it so terrible for a boy to like a 'girl's show' if a girl can like a 'boy's show'??

What makes it different from other shows?

Don't judge a book by its cover.

What does being gay have to do with TV shows, or vise versa?

Try watching these: <link to Twi/Tirek fight> <link to Twilight getting sucked into the caves beneath Canterlot> <other links like that>"

You can have MLP friends here, other friends other places.

If you want to find a brony or pegasister in real life in a large group of people so you can have a conversation with actual replies in less than a minute, you can:

• Depending on the setting, you might be able to hum a MLP song like This Day Aria or something. Kind of loud, too. Not the theme song or something like that, since the theme song is similar to previous theme songs, so a bunch of non-brony people will know it and possibly hate on you. A less common song is more likely to be known by a brony, who might ask you if you are a brony.
  • Give subtle references here and there. Not 20% cooler, because that is literally everywhere.

If you have questions about Canterlot, you can ask someone experienced, like a mod, or RainbowDaringDash, or just pick a random user who has a lot of experience.

Hope this helps!

~~PinkiePie379 ^_^

Nice to meet you Rarity is my favorite pony too.

She's just so marvelous, darling!

It's weird Rarity's my favorite pony, since i'm really a t-shirt and jeans sort of person most days. I guess I just really admire how she makes everything a little bit more beautiful, just like Pinkie Pie makes everything a little more fun, or Rainbow Dash makes everything just a little bit more intense.

welcome :)

Thanks! :) Nice to meet you!

WELCOME! And please enjoy your stay at Canterlot!

Will do! :) Thanks!

WELCOME! And please enjoy your stay at Canterlot!

Hello and WELOCME to canterlot :)

Thanks! your avatars really cute!

<insert wide smile here> hello and welcome to canterlot.

As for your problem I do not have your answer, but if you would like help finding it feel free to message me. Even if it is just some random rave about some other pony.

And I'm slightly interested in what your artistic side has to show if you want to share that too~

Sure! I don't mind sharing my fanart deviantart. And I upload most often to my facebook fanpage with wip and studies and stuff

I'll definitely message you soon! :) Do you draw too?

First, welcome to Canterlot! You can call me Hawkeye, Hawk, best griffon, whatever. :D

I can totally relate to your problem. I had to adjust to a huge move a few years ago (meaning to another country huge) and it was... hard. Of course, this was before I became a brony, so I made a few friends based off my interests then. But not very many. When I did become a brony though, I found some other bronies in my school and became friends with them. But there were haters. Many haters. It was extremely hard to ignore them and pretend to not care, but once you do, they stop. (Also, everything Pinkiepie379 is 100% true;))

My advice is this: If your friends hate you based off one thing, they're not really your friends. Friends are people who still like you, no matter what (Whoa, that's actually a good quote... XD)

If you wanna talk more, shoot me a PM! I don't bite :) See you around!

Welcome to Canterlot!

Do not fear InSaNiTyCaT is here! Your problem may seem daunting but do not worry! My opinion is to just ignore them or keep it a secret. Everyone has there opinion so don't worry!

I'd love to talk too! Roleplay, draw and more! I'll be in the FFA- free for all section! Pop a PM my way and I'll happily bring light into ypur day!

Don't go too InSaNe though! Toodles!

<3;):Luna:

Ah! So that's how you make a rarity icon. ;) Hehe. And thanks, it's nice to get such a warm welcome!

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

With your problem, you should stay away from those people UNLESS one of them starts to reconsider. People are people, no matter what they say, and if one seems sincere enough, you should give him/her a chance.

Either try that, or you can try these responses to each of these (which I maaaay have encountered...):

Hater:"It's a little girl show. Grown men shouldn't be watching. Bronies are gay. You're a <censored>. <other insults like that>"

List of responses I would give: "Prove that it's a little girl's show. The creator said it was actually intended to be a family show.

Why shouldn't we? Is it because we need to be very aggressive and need to be rude and mean?

Is it so terrible for a boy to like a 'girl's show' if a girl can like a 'boy's show'??

What makes it different from other shows?

Don't judge a book by its cover.

What does being gay have to do with TV shows, or vise versa?

Try watching these: <link to Twi/Tirek fight> <link to Twilight getting sucked into the caves beneath Canterlot> <other links like that>"

You can have MLP friends here, other friends other places.

If you want to find a brony or pegasister in real life in a large group of people so you can have a conversation with actual replies in less than a minute, you can:

Depending on the setting, you might be able to hum a MLP song like This Day Aria or something. Kind of loud, too. Not the theme song or something like that, since the theme song is similar to previous theme songs, so a bunch of non-brony people will know it and possibly hate on you. A less common song is more likely to be known by a brony, who might ask you if you are a brony.

Give subtle references here and there. Not 20% cooler, because that is literally everywhere.

If you have questions about Canterlot, you can ask someone experienced, like a mod, or RainbowDaringDash, or just pick a random user who has a lot of experience.

Hope this helps!

~~PinkiePie379 ^_^

Those are good tips! Thanks for being understanding! And I'll definitely ask if I have any questions! :)

Welcome to Canterlot! I can't wait to see your art!

Aaaah! Thanks! I might start posting here too, once I know my way around! I love your icon! It's from Free! right? I really enjoyed that show. Rei and Aizawa were my favorite characters!

First, welcome to Canterlot! You can call me Hawkeye, Hawk, best griffon, whatever. :D

I can totally relate to your problem. I had to adjust to a huge move a few years ago (meaning to another country huge) and it was... hard. Of course, this was before I became a brony, so I made a few friends based off my interests then. But not very many. When I did become a brony though, I found some other bronies in my school and became friends with them. But there were haters. Many haters. It was extremely hard to ignore them and pretend to not care, but once you do, they stop. (Also, everything Pinkiepie379 is 100% true;))

My advice is this: If your friends hate you based off one thing, they're not really your friends. Friends are people who still like you, no matter what (Whoa, that's actually a good quote... XD)

If you wanna talk more, shoot me a PM! I don't bite :) See you around!

Definitely good advice! And yeah, there are a lot of haters. I am grateful that my family thinks it's silly but they're still understanding and never say anything mean about it, they even get me pony stuff sometimes. ( And I've moved out of the house, so I know they keep me in mind, which makes me feel happy. ) I'm still getting to know these people. I'm going to try and give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they just had a really bad brony experience or read about a bad segment of the fandom... now if they end up being mean or intolerant about a lot of stuff, then I'll have to move on. Hopefully it'll work out. What country did you move to, if you don't mind me asking? And thanks for the welcome!

Ah! So that's how you make a rarity icon. ;) Hehe. And thanks, it's nice to get such a warm welcome!

Those are good tips! Thanks for being understanding! And I'll definitely ask if I have any questions! :)

Aaaah! Thanks! I might start posting here too, once I know my way around! I love your icon! It's from Free! right? I really enjoyed that show. Rei and Aizawa were my favorite characters!

Definitely good advice! And yeah, there are a lot of haters. I am grateful that my family thinks it's silly but they're still understanding and never say anything mean about it, they even get me pony stuff sometimes. ( And I've moved out of the house, so I know they keep me in mind, which makes me feel happy. ) I'm still getting to know these people. I'm going to try and give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they just had a really bad brony experience or read about a bad segment of the fandom... now if they end up being mean or intolerant about a lot of stuff, then I'll have to move on. Hopefully it'll work out. What country did you move to, if you don't mind me asking? And thanks for the welcome!

Yup! I love Rei and Makoto!! :catbug:

Archived